shape
carat
color
clarity

Not cheaper by the dozen - mrs-b's new projects - watch this space!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @kayla17! I think the pieces are actually getting more interesting. I still have 2 fabulous rings to come after this opal, so I'm hoping to finish strong. :mrgreen: My birthday earrings were made, but are being re-made, as we needed to make a couple of fundamental tweaks. I'm not sure when they'll be here; I suspect it will be a couple of weeks yet.

@ILikeShiny - I know, right?! The colors in that opal are just too delicious for words! As I've gotten older, I've realized that - despite how much i love diamonds - it's always the colored pieces that draw my eye. I can't even imagine being able to look past this when I open my jewelry box; the color is unique and beautiful! And so happy looking, too!

Aaaahhhh @MissGotRocks - I'm so glad you said that! I *do* think it was the right decision. When there's a little less gold around the opal, I think the balance will be just right. I'm thinking about a curved band to fit around it, but we'll see. Since I only ever wear rings on my wedding finger, I don't want the lack of a wedding band to stop me from wearing this beauty!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol - thanks for dropping by @metall! :))

@Acinom - apparently the bezel has been thinned and the milgrain has been added. I haven't seen photos yet (DYING here!) but will post anything I get! :wavey:
Yay!! I love this thread. You have quite some exciting projects going on

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gawd your opal ring :love::love::love:!! That is crazy perfect!! Yes to the inner millgrain and thinning the bezel a little bit :P2. It was meant to be. Ugh, so beautiful!

And holy cannoli your ACA does NOT look small on your hand.....it looks HUGE, lol!!! It's commanding my attention and I am doing as commanded :lol-2:.

So many sparkly beauties in this thread mrs-b!!! Just wow.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm enjoying this thread mrs-b, it all looks just fabulous. I'm not looking forward to when everything is set as I will miss the updates! What are the other two rings you are waiting on? Presume grey spinel is one?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a couple of photos for the solitaire thread this afternoon, and thought I'd add them to this thread as well. :)

145159 - e-ring and wedder.jpeg

20180621_154011_resized.jpg
A very chique stack indeed. I love this look on your hand. Beautiful pics too

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love:
And here's a gorgeous pin, made from the last gift my father ever gave my mother - an opal ring - and a pair of earrings given to me by my DH. This was originally a necklace, but I never wore it. On the other hand, I love pins! So this will go on one of my winter coats, or tucked into one of my scarves. :)) @Catmom - this one is for you!

ETA The pin is made from a combo of yellow and rose gold; the pin is all rose gold except for the stems of the leaves, which are yellow gold. It's a beautiful detail. And the tiny green stones are emeralds.

20180609_072845_resized.jpg

20180609_072856_resized.jpg
I am in love with this pin Mrs-b!!!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a couple of photos for the solitaire thread this afternoon, and thought I'd add them to this thread as well. :)

This just isn’t fair. If I can’t stop staring at your ring, how can you possibly get anything done during the day??!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow!!! :love: That rock is gorgeous and looks fabulous on your hand mrs -b!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your collection is simply stunning. You are one lucky woman!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
This whole thread has me like :lickout::love:

Can't wait to see the new details on the opal ring. and LOVE the solitaire with simple band. so classic and elegant. but having the eternity for extra blingy days is perfect. Can't wait to see that together.

Those SS pearls are TDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been hankering for a golden SS pearl pendant. Now I really wants it.

and I have to agree, your AVR setting has been hands down one of my absolute favorites.

Can't wait to see more sparkle goodies trickle in.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

So elegant. Huge, but not overwhelming. It suits you perfectly.

And wow....the opal. Sigh. Guess I need an opal now too!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh!!!! This is amazing!!!! That hand shot!!!! How do you get anything done without staring at your hand all day?!!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all of the updates!!

The Opal ring will be wonderful! :D

Talk to us about your earring plans. You already have beautiful options. I think you said you'll wear your diamond studs for everyday. Will you wear your hoops often? I am very interested in your method of editing your collection. I've put my hoops away and have been wearing studs lately.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woman, you are rocking that ginormous diamond! It looks amazing on you! :love:

I love how the opal ring turned out. I can’t wait for the bezel changes to be done so that we can see your pics of it. :lickout:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @JDDN :wavey: I'm so glad you like it! I LOVE it! And you might wanna check out the end of this thread... Just saying.... :bigsmile:

Lol @ceg! No - not a ring pop - but yes, to my eye, it *is* fabulous!

Hi @meely :)) I still have roughly 5 projects to go. However, if you check out the end of this thread.... :angel:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, @Acinom! My photos tend towards the 'total crap' category - but I take a zillion of them! So I normally end up with a couple that are ok. :)

Thanks, @Luce! So am I. This pin is such an important meeting of pieces - I know I'll have this forever. <3

Well, at the moment, @ILikeShiny, I'm in bed with pneumonia - so I have nothing else to do except look at bling! Being sick can be expensive in more ways than one!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @junebug17 :wavey: It's one thing to have a beautiful ring, and another thing for it to look beautiful on one's hand, don't you think? I'm glad it seems appropriate; I'm very happy with the proportions.

Hi @whitewave - I am TOTALLY blessed! Nobody 'deserves' a collection like this, so I feel grateful every day. :))

Laughing here, @lorrissey! I'm salivating a tad also!! I think it will take a couple of months to finish. To be honest, being currently so sick has sort of knocked the motivation out of me. I contacted Amy yesterday and told her, re the pieces not started, to drop them for the moment; if I had to make the decision between rose gold and yellow gold pave for rubies at the moment, i think my head would explode. I still have three pieces on the cooker, so it's not like everything has ground to a halt!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@leukolenos - you DO need an opal! I received...ahem!...*something* in the post today, and my conclusion is that EVERYBODY should have an opal!

@goldenfire - I truly am a rubbishy photographer, so any decent shots are the result of pure volume. :)) But I'm so glad you like my soli!

Hi @Stone Hunter :wavey: I wear my pearls and will wear my soon-to-arrive hoops pretty much every day, but the halo'd cushion studs will be my go-to (as opposed to dress up) option when I want to wear diamonds - which I do, rarely, but occasionally. So it's nice to have the option. I change-up all my jewelry a LOT, so it's nice to have options. What jewelry I choose each day revolves 100% around what I'm wearing, and a lot of my purchases have been to have appropriate jewelry to go with my clothes. I have casual / semi casual / business appropriate / dressy / formal options in everything (ie white metal, yellow and rose gold), and it works well for me.

Thanks, @elle_71125 - and I'm crushing on your new rose gold beauty!! And re the opal....check below... :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My glorious opal and diamond ring is here and I adore it. I sent Amy and David an email, telling them that this has leapfrogged ALL my other rings to be my favorite - hands down.

I've been away from Australia for 18 years now, and I miss home in a way that hurts. I look at this ring, and the colors in it, and I see Australia. This ring is special - more than a ring. I love it.

And a big shout out to Black Opal Direct who sourced and polished this stone, and to DKJ and Amy, as always, who took my idea and made it beautiful.

This is the bomb.....

20180630_102109_resized.jpg 20180630_102154_resized.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...DKJ filed down the outer profile of the claws and they are minute. They look, as always, larger in the photos, but for my old lady eyes, they're almost invisible. Even Amy (considerably younger than me!) said that it appears the diamond is simply floating above the band.

Prong comparison.jpeg

These are THE BEST prongs... bar none. I love, love, LOVE petite, flattened prongs (clearly)! Now, if only I had a big whoppin' 4 ct ACA... ;-) #agirlcandream

God, @mrs-b... I don't even know what to say about this thread. I'm seriously dying over here! Seriously bling envy going on right now!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @msop04! :wavey: I'll try to add some better photos of my new opal ring in the next few days; I currently have pneumonia and am stuck in bed. Taking these few was a stretch and they were all taken sitting propped up against the pillows!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The holy grail :love:
Mesmerizing and intoxicating. Infinitely beautiful...perfection

I totally agree with you, @Bonfire. It's perfect within itself - a work of art by nature. I'm so lucky it will live in my house. :) You never really own a ring like that - in the same way that the Aborigines of Australia believe you can never own the land. All I can do is give this beauty care and lodging. What a gift!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @msop04! :wavey: I'll try to add some better photos of my new opal ring in the next few days; I currently have pneumonia and am stuck in bed. Taking these few was a stretch and they were all taken sitting propped up against the pillows!

Oh nooooo!!! Hope you feel better very soon!!! Just look at your jewels... works wonders! ;-)

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:kiss2:Oh my ! I love your ring box!!!!

I have all my rings in individual boxes, but the way you have yours is wonderful!!!
And of course I love all your gorgeous rings! That yg solitaire is just the perfect size!! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results