shape
carat
color
clarity

Not cheaper by the dozen - mrs-b's new projects - watch this space!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Mrs-b, I am very happy with my lovely ring. It has fit in well with my life and it seems perfectly content. Do you recall you warned of DSS? Hasn’t happened, yet. I am just as content as the ring....perhaps more so. Thank heavens you decided to sell the stone to fund your projects! You have been very successful with all your new playthings. They are gorgeous!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that would be just awesome now wouldn't it! I can't wait to see what you come up with. Will you try to match your ring setting? It will be beautiful I'm sure. Some day I would love to recreate this pin with rubies and diamonds. Can you imagine?

IMG_2203[1].jpg

DKJ have a really first rate enameler - and that's all I'm saying. :mrgreen:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Mrs B--I take umbrage at the title of this thread:P2:saint:: you must change it to "Read at your own risk: Have O2 +/- Nitrates handy"!!!:mrgreen2::lol-2:

In all fairness I am not SOB but rather breathless when I see your new additions.:love:

Gorgeous pieces in a curated collection. It's all good.:appl:

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @MissGotRocks - I'm very happy with how it's all progressing!

Hallo @Gul1517 - thank you for your kind words. I have a very clear picture in my head re where I want to be in the end. I feel as tho I'm closing in on it at last.

I used to have a DKJ solitaire that had a basket similar to a design that BE does - tho not entirely. It had a definite floral feel to it, so that one may be the one you're thinking of. I believe photos of it are in the '3ct+ center stones' thread. As for this one, the final setting will still be a solitaire, with very few bells and whistles. At this point I'm planning on a tri-wire band with wraps on the shank, but that could change (of course!). This won't be for a while yet as it's very wearable as is, and I want to finish all my projects before I do my reset. So it's some months off as yet. Phew!

@canuk-gal - thank you! I'm working hard to keep you all entertained!! And yes, despite the number of these projects, I'm trying to put together something heavily curated; I have a goal and I'm heading straight towards it. I want a very specific mix of metal colors, casual and formal, colorless diamonds and colored gems. I want something for every occasion and I want to be able to open my jewelry box and say "Hmmm...who do I feel like being today?" :)) It's a bunch of fun.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
And lastly, Amy gave me back my solitaire. It's still going in for a re-make at some point - probably when the matching eternity is made (15 pt stones - thanks for the feedback @diamondseeker2006!). But in the meantime, DKJ filed down the outer profile of the claws and they are minute. They look, as always, larger in the photos, but for my old lady eyes, they're almost invisible. Even Amy (considerably younger than me!) said that it appears the diamond is simply floating above the band.

A BIG shout out to DKJ's uber bench who went above and beyond on these babies!

20180609_072756_resized.jpg

20180609_072830_resized.jpg

And here's a before-and-after shot, which really makes it obvious; I absolutely love it!

Prong comparison.jpeg

Ouuuhhhh! Love!!!!

You are such a lucky!

Enjoy!!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamy & awesome & all just so bloody delicious & perfect! I am not envious of ANY of your things @mrs-b . Nope, no me. Not at all.
(Dribbling in a corner.....)

I love the filed down prongs on the solitaire especially. I think they are really refined & elegant. How different will the remake be? Whatever changes you are making, I have no doubt it will be stunning!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol - thank you, @apacherose! I feel lucky, too! :mrgreen:

Awww thank you, @Alex T :)) The remake won't be hugely different. The orientation will change so that the prongs and arrows will be N/S/E/W, and I'm thinking about going tri-wire with shoulder wraps. So not hugely different, but just a tad more visual interest. I have to say, my favorite ever setting from DKJ was the one they did for my 3.11ct AVR. If I could find a way to re-do that one, and still be able to work in my prospective eternity, I'd do it in a heartbeat. For my money, that ring had exactly the right balance of decoration, simplicity, and classical feel.

ka6.jpg

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Lol - thank you, @apacherose! I feel lucky, too! :mrgreen:

Awww thank you, @Alex T :)) The remake won't be hugely different. The orientation will change so that the prongs and arrows will be N/S/E/W, and I'm thinking about going tri-wire with shoulder wraps. So not hugely different, but just a tad more visual interest. I have to say, my favorite ever setting from DKJ was the one they did for my 3.11ct AVR. If I could find a way to re-do that one, and still be able to work in my prospective eternity, I'd do it in a heartbeat. For my money, that ring had exactly the right balance of decoration, simplicity, and classical feel.

ka6.jpg

I so loved that ring!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new additions @mrs-b! And that is quite the laundry list of projects on the grill right now!! :mrgreen2:

Filing those prongs down really makes a huge difference - and it looks like they're still just tall enough to prevent your stone from touching any flat surface the ring is resting on. Perfectly done! :appl:

I love the idea of yellow diamond jackets for your SSs. A delicate ring of sparkle. I imagine that would be quite a weighty combination though! How often do you wear your studs, and do you find them comfortable for longer durations?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually. Thinking about this for a few more minutes. All SS pearls that I’ve seen have some champagne to their colour... vividly saturated yellow diamonds have different hues. I think to “match” you’d need diamonds with some orange and/or brown in them.

What do you think about lower-coloured single cut melee? They’d be far more sparkly than full-cut yellow melee, and it’s a roundabout way of avoiding the possibility of visually-unappealing colour mismatch. But, of course, even lower-coloured white melee of any cut is white, not yellow, so if you’re sure you want yellow that doesn’t help ::)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@yssie true white ssps are available. My ssps are all fairly white cos yellowish pearls look awful on me. If you have only seen white ssps with champagne tones then maybe you need to look for other stores/sources?

Unless you are referring to Golden’s? But gssp in intense gold with or without overtones are available too. Just gotta look hard... not the least bit champagne at all...

Sorry for the threadjack but I just had to chime in on this!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie true white ssps are available. My ssps are all fairly white cos yellowish pearls look awful on me. If you have only seen white ssps with champagne tones then maybe you need to look for other stores/sources?

Unless you are referring to Golden’s? But gssp in intense gold with or without overtones are available too. Just gotta look hard... not the least bit champagne at all...

Sorry for the threadjack but I just had to chime in on this!

I did mean goldens, thank you for clarifying!!

I’ve played with only a small handful of ‘top make’ golden SSs - all were the hue of high-karat YG, with different intensities; it looks like mrs-b’s pearls are of that flavour as well? I would definitely believe that there’s a world of possibility in SS colour for those who seek it ::)

If my read on mrs-b’s studs is correct I’m thinking yellow diamond melee in similar colour may be challenging to source :oops2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I did mean goldens, thank you for clarifying!!

I’ve played with only a small handful of ‘top make’ golden SSs - all were the hue of high-karat YG, with different intensities; it looks like mrs-b’s pearls are of that flavour as well? I would definitely believe that there’s a world of possibility in SS colour for those who seek it ::)

If my read on mrs-b’s studs is correct I’m thinking yellow diamond melee in similar colour may be challenging to source :oops2:

There was a discussion on wg or yg settings for gssp either here or the other pearl forum and from what I recall the preference was towards some contrast for the pearl... so Yg for gssp isn’t so great for example (my personal experience!) but is fine with a dusting of diamonds for contrast. So perhaps normal diamonds will work as well depending on how intensely gold Mrs b studs are irl.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @yssie and @icy_jade :wavey:

My golden SS pearls are very golden. If you look back to page...3 or 4, maybe?...you'll see the photo of them which give an almost metallic look. This is true to life. So I think their hue will work well with yellow diamonds and yellow gold, as one will play off the other. They're not identical in color (gold, pearls and yellow diamonds) - but they won't clash, either, and I think it will give a color layering effect that will be bright and beautiful and definitely yellow. A high kt yellow gold would work well also.

I wear the golden SS's with various tones of brown, cream, but - mostly - olive greens, and they're a knockout, if I do say so myself! I'm not sure if ultimately I'll do plain round jackets or, more likely, a fancier shape. Either way, this should be a fun project!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh be still my beating heart!!

This was DEFINITELY the way to go with this setting and this opal! I'm having the bezel thinned a trifle and milgrain put on the inner circumference of the bezel, but this is basically it. I think this opal is sublime.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh once the bezel is thinned down and the milgraining is done it will be perfect. I love the added holly detail! Gorgeous stone too! The color play is sublime. Can't wait to see hand shots.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b this turned out beautifully! I actually really like the thicker bezel without milgrain. It’s a clean look that really compliments the opal. But I am sure that even with your desired changes, the ring will be beautiful!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Catmom and @SimoneDi - I think this ring is utterly stunning. The workmanship in the setting, and the beautiful quality diamonds, and THAT OPAL - yowza!

I'll post some more photos when the tweaks have been made, but this one is definitely a 'destination ring'.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
gah I love visiting this post! Gorgeous!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your opal ring will be perfect!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep checking daily to see your new pieces! The new pieces are beautiful! Enjoy!!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is going to look spectacular on your hand!!! :appl: The yellow gold really highlights all the beautiful colors in your opal. Sigh... :kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You were right - I definitely like the opal in the ring even better than the diamond! Can't wait to see it when it is all finished!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol - thanks for dropping by @metall! :))

@Acinom - apparently the bezel has been thinned and the milgrain has been added. I haven't seen photos yet (DYING here!) but will post anything I get! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results