shape
carat
color
clarity

Not cheaper by the dozen - mrs-b's new projects - watch this space!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh those cluster earrings! I love the earshots! Amazing!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok - next one....

I received these photos from Amy at DKJ last night. I already had the cushion diamonds (.61 and .62ct respectively - both E color, VS1 and SI2, both almost exactly 5mm each) set as studs. They were bezel set a while back and I always intended to get them jackets. But I never got around to it - until.... @DanDiAnDi put up a pair of WF jackets for sale! And then, the opportunity to have jackets made with WF melee was just too good to pass up!

So I bought them, sent them off to DKJ, and this is the result. I believe they're being mailed to me today, so I should have them tomorrow or Thursday. Another long-time list project finished - and with far better melee than I would have thought possible. YAY!

DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3933.jpg

DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3932.jpg DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3939.jpg

DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3931.jpg
I really LOVE the way the smooth bezel looks with these jackets..you can't even tell that they are "jackets" when they are together, just looks like one fabulous earring. I adore these!!!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So these were a bit of a detour. I was in DKJ and saw them - and buckled immediately and entirely. I was having a shockingly bad day, so my resistance was at an all time low - and when I spied these pearls - unset - in the display cabinet, I knew they had my name written all over them.

Golden South Sea pearls - somewhere between 10 and 11mm - I cant remember the exact size. I asked for them to be set in yellow gold, with jumbo backs.

DKJPV_0511_PE-1.jpg

These are beautiful!!!!! Somehow I missed them earlier They just glow! I adore Golden south sea pearls. I once saw a gorgeous pair of large golden south sea pearl dangles with diamonds and 18k yg at Sea World of all places (you can imagine the markup this jewelry shop charged there with Sea World probably taking half lol). They were so stunning and I've wanted a pair ever since.

Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For those who asked. I think these are roughly 9mm from side to side (as opposed to corner to corner).

20180516_105109_resized.jpg

I really need to get a pair of these!!!! They are my favorite :)I am browsing over this thread again tonight to catch pics that I may have missed...I just can't handle this gorgeousness! It's too much. The cluster earrings and the pendant....oh my gosh...EVERYTHING is utterly exquisite. You really knocked it out of the park.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b LOVING your entire collection. Gorgeousness galore. :kiss2:
And the bling isn't bad either.:lol:
Thanks for sharing and keep the bling pics coming.:appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are beautiful!!!!! Somehow I missed them earlier They just glow! I adore Golden south sea pearls. I once saw a gorgeous pair of large golden south sea pearl dangles with diamonds and 18k yg at Sea World of all places (you can imagine the markup this jewelry shop charged there with Sea World probably taking half lol). They were so stunning and I've wanted a pair ever since.

@goldenfire - As soon as I saw these, I wanted a pair of vivid yellow diamond jackets for them. I see this somewhere in my future.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Just read through this thread and wow! These projects are all stunning! I think you could have a career in earring design!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@goldenfire - As soon as I saw these, I wanted a pair of vivid yellow diamond jackets for them. I see this somewhere in my future.
Oh that would be amazing!!! I have actually thought of doing yellow diamond jackets as well...there is a long list of future project ideas that just keeps growing lol

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is what happens when Amy Phillips casually drops round to your house.....

This is my .79ct pear, bought during a GOG sale - for a bargain basement price! - set in a double 18kt yellow gold halo on a 18kt yg franco chain. The workmanship on this is out of this world.

And just a useful bit of info for anyone considering setting a pear - DKJ's uber bench uses an inverted V tip; it looks like a tiny little decoration and doesn't protrude past the end of the stone.

Gorgeous!!

20180609_004339_resized.jpg

20180609_004352_resized.jpg

20180609_072620_resized.jpg

20180609_072556_resized.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is what happens when Amy Phillips casually drops round to your house.....

This is my .79ct pear, bought during a GOG sale - for a bargain basement price! - set in a double 18kt yellow gold halo on a 18kt yg franco chain. The workmanship on this is out of this world.

And just a useful bit of info for anyone considering setting a pear - DKJ's uber bench uses an inverted V tip; it looks like a tiny little decoration and doesn't protrude past the end of the stone.

Gorgeous!!

Beautiful!!! What are the specs on this lovely pendant? And neck shots puhhhlease!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! What are the specs on this lovely pendant? And neck shots puhhhlease!

It's a .79ct pear - I SI2, but an older cut with larger facets and no bowtie. The melee is a double halo of 3 pointers, and I think it's E/F color. The combo is rather lovely; the pear doesn't look yellow, it just looks more watery against the melee. There's 34 melee stones, making it juuuuust over 1ctw. So - roughly 1.8ctw.

And I shamelessly copied @ZestfullyBling's pendant, which I ADORE!

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous!!

It's beautiful mrs_b!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here's a gorgeous pin, made from the last gift my father ever gave my mother - an opal ring - and a pair of earrings given to me by my DH. This was originally a necklace, but I never wore it. On the other hand, I love pins! So this will go on one of my winter coats, or tucked into one of my scarves. :)) @Catmom - this one is for you!

ETA The pin is made from a combo of yellow and rose gold; the pin is all rose gold except for the stems of the leaves, which are yellow gold. It's a beautiful detail. And the tiny green stones are emeralds.

20180609_072845_resized.jpg

20180609_072856_resized.jpg

Last edited:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Thank you for sharing mrs-b. I really like all of your new pieces. :appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous!!

Gorgeous!!! I love that little inverted V. It's way better than the V that covers the tip and looks bulky. This is a beautiful piece!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And lastly, Amy gave me back my solitaire. It's still going in for a re-make at some point - probably when the matching eternity is made (15 pt stones - thanks for the feedback @diamondseeker2006!). But in the meantime, DKJ filed down the outer profile of the claws and they are minute. They look, as always, larger in the photos, but for my old lady eyes, they're almost invisible. Even Amy (considerably younger than me!) said that it appears the diamond is simply floating above the band.

A BIG shout out to DKJ's uber bench who went above and beyond on these babies!

20180609_072756_resized.jpg

20180609_072830_resized.jpg

And here's a before-and-after shot, which really makes it obvious; I absolutely love it!

Prong comparison.jpeg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here's a gorgeous pin, made from the last gift my father ever gave my mother - an opal ring - and a pair of earrings given to me by my DH. This was originally a necklace, but I never wore it. On the other hand, I love pins! So this will go on one of my winter coats, or tucked into one of my scarves. :)) @Catmom - this one is for you!

ETA The pin is made from a combo of yellow and rose gold; the pin is all rose gold except for the stems of the leaves, which are yellow gold. It's a beautiful detail. And the tiny green stones are emeralds.

20180609_072845_resized.jpg

20180609_072856_resized.jpg

Oh I absolutely adore it! Opal, emeralds, different color gold...........what's not to love? :appl: If you want to check out some serious fashion pins/brooches come on over to the fabulous fashion jewelry board. There's a thread going on right now.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And lastly, Amy gave me back my solitaire. It's still going in for a re-make at some point - probably when the matching eternity is made (15 pt stones - thanks for the feedback @diamondseeker2006!). But in the meantime, DKJ filed down the outer profile of the claws and they are minute. They look, as always, larger in the photos, but for my old lady eyes, they're almost invisible. Even Amy (considerably younger than me!) said that it appears the diamond is simply floating above the band.

A BIG shout out to DKJ's uber bench who went above and beyond on these babies!

20180609_072756_resized.jpg

20180609_072830_resized.jpg

And here's a before-and-after shot, which really makes it obvious; I absolutely love it!

Prong comparison.jpeg

What a huge difference a little filing down will do!!!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gahh @mrs-b you have the best tastes! The pin i divine! I love the sentiment behind it! Did they use the post (part that goes into the ear) as part of the vine pattern to bring the whole piece together? I adore that! No wasted material.

I love the inverted v idea to set the pear, very classy! And the pear is amazing! Just you know my love for fat pears, this is perfect!

We all know your ring is perfection! So no need for me to point out its amazeballocity again!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Mrs.-b......that pear is gorgeous! I am NOT a halo person, but I love the double halo......what a statement it makes! And the pin.....! I think it is so unique and lovely! Ahhhhhhhhh...........

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, some more beautiful pieces for your collection!!

Gul1517

Rough_Rock
Hi mrs- b I’ve been silently following your thread from the start and I must say your collection is extremely classy and well thought out. I love each and every piece. I’ve actually followed your projects for a good few years now and I’ve always enjoyed looking at the end results.

The solitaire looks much more streamlined with the prongs shaved down. Will the re-make be a completely different design or will you tweak the prong orientation with this?

Did you at some point in the past own a yellow gold and platinum solitaire with a flower type of head? Made by BE I think.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom - I thought you'd love the pin! And - yes - a little filing made aaaalll the difference to those prongs, didn't it! I've been thinking about a Christmas pin recently. I have a lovely pair of small rubies and am thinking about something with holly leaves.... :mrgreen:

@acaw2015 - thank you so much! I have 7 to go and I'm done!

hi @elle_71125 :wavey: I love that inverted V! It stabilizes the tip and protects the sides of it, so I consider it to be a very safe way of setting a pear - plus a very beautiful way. I'm so happy with how this came out; it was just a tad small before and now it's has more substance without being huge.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@metall - I'm glad you like my pin - I think it's incredibly beautiful and entirely unique. No, the posts from the studs went when it was converted to a pendant, but everything else was used, so I'm very pleased with that! And 'amazeballocity' should definitely be a word. Definitely.

Hi @Mcgregor! How is your new ring going? Are you still enjoying it? I'm still enjoying it vicariously. :)) The pin is amazingly sentimental, while being very beautiful to boot. I love summer - but am looking forward to tucking it into my winter scarves! And you'll see the pendant in person one day - soon, I hope - and I'll try to convert you to loving halos!

@diamondseeker2006 - thank you for all your help in general. I find that what I get out of our conversations about jewelry flows over into all my projects, solidifying my overall aesthetic and helping me apply the general principles about jewelry that I value to all the pieces I design.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 12 projects seem to have blown out a trifle. So far I've done my soli in a temp setting which will ultimately be re-set, my cluster earrings, my pearl and diamond drops, my halo'd cushion earrings, my golden South Sea pearls, my yellow gold and rose gold anniversary rings, my opal pin, and my pear pendant.

Still on the cooker I have 2 pairs of hoops - 1 yellow gold and 1 rose gold, which should arrive for my birthday in a week and a half; my spinel, ruby and diamond ring, my diamond and yellow sapphire 3 stone, a diamond pin, and a new eternity band to go with my solitaire when it gets its re-set. And the South Sea pearls have - of COURSE! - generated a need for yellow diamond jackets! I don't think I can be blamed for the pearls and jackets or for the eternity - which was obviously a necessity to go with the solitaire! When the new eternity is made and the solitaire is re-set, I'll probably start a new thread for them on their own; I think they've earned it. ::)

So I'm 9 projects down on my final run, with 7 to go.

And I may as well confess right now - I'm thinking about a Christmas pin, because I have nothing like that, and I'm pretty sure I should!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom - I thought you'd love the pin! And - yes - a little filing made aaaalll the difference to those prongs, didn't it! I've been thinking about a Christmas pin recently. I have a lovely pair of small rubies and am thinking about something with holly leaves.... :mrgreen:

Oh that would be just awesome now wouldn't it! I can't wait to see what you come up with. Will you try to match your ring setting? It will be beautiful I'm sure. Some day I would love to recreate this pin with rubies and diamonds. Can you imagine?

IMG_2203[1].jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results