shape
carat
color
clarity

No more online certs at James Allen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
James Allen has made a decision to no longer show certificates (GIA/IGI/AGS) on line. If you want to know what's on
a certificate you have to contact them and they will provide it for you. I told the SA I was chatting with that I won't be able
to recommend stones from them anymore because I can no longer see the reports. She said that they wanted people to
judge the stones by what they could see. I told her that was not good enough because a lot of people new to diamonds
do not know what they are looking for/at.

I asked her to pass my opinion on to management.

From a Pricescope perspective, it's a bad move.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
James Allen has made a decision to no longer show certificates (GIA/IGI/AGS) on line. If you want to know what's on
a certificate you have to contact them and they will provide it for you. I told the SA I was chatting with that I won't be able
to recommend stones from them anymore because I can no longer see the reports. She said that they wanted people to
judge the stones by what they could see. I told her that was not good enough because a lot of people new to diamonds
do not know what they are looking for/at.

I asked her to pass my opinion on to management.

From a Pricescope perspective, it's a bad move.
WHAT?????? that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard . if they do this I won't ever recommend another stone from them. How could I if I can't see the report????? I really hope they don't do it. What a disaster.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their solution is for you to call/chat and ask for it :lol:. They have no idea how many reports we look at in a day.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
It looks like they don't even have the measurements up, stone proportions or any details other than color, clarity and weight. That's ridiculous. You can't properly shop this way. You have no idea what you are getting. Bad business move.

How can you even compare stones? Or if you have setting and are looking for a stone with certain measurements? Are you supposed to just buy what they tell you to and trust it's ok? I wouldn't.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like they don't even have the measurements up, stone proportions or any details other than color, clarity and weight. That's ridiculous. You can't properly shop this way. You have no idea what you are getting. Bad business move.

How can you even compare stones? Or if you have setting and are looking for a stone with certain measurements? Are you supposed to just buy what they tell you to and trust it's ok? I wouldn't.
Nope. It's insane. I'm going to try and chat with them later to tell them how dumb it is . Do they have a handle on PS that we can tag? It's just literally like shooting themselves in the foot

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jamesallenrings this Is honestly the worst business decision I have ever heard, except for someone investing in an MLM. Actually, this is worse. We recommend dimonds from JA all the time, and now won't be able to do that anymore . You are a good solid business. Why ruin it, and become a gross mall store with zero info about stones?? You will lose every single serious diamond afficianado with this choice. Please don't .

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good lord....

@YoungPapa - that's it for us. I assume you don't need PS business, which is lucky, because nobody is ever going to buy into the whole 'call us so we can do a hard sell' thing.

Just out of curiosity - are JA sales assistant now working on commission?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. It's insane. I'm going to try and chat with them later to tell them how dumb it is . Do they have a handle on PS that we can tag? It's just literally like shooting themselves in the foot

Try @YoungPapa - that's Mr Allen's personal ID.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weren’t they purchased by someone a couple years ago?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I would bet the CS reps are now paid on commission; JA wants to get their customers on the phone.

104DC4E1-1C0D-4E0D-95DA-73E66582A007.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weren’t they purchased by someone a couple years ago?

Signet - who owns Zales, Kay, Jared and now James Allen. I exchanged a few emails with Mr Allen when they stopped putting GIA numbers on their stones, and he said he hoped JA might affect Jared for the better. Unfortunately the effect ran the other direction, apparently.

This is so depressing.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Signet - who owns Zales, Kay, Jared and now James Allen. I exchanged a few emails with Mr Allen when they stopped putting GIA numbers on their stones, and he said he hoped JA might affect Jared for the better. Unfortunately the effect ran the other direction, apparently.

This is so depressing.
That’s too bad.

I’m really quite stunned about it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s too bad.

I’m really quite stunned about it.

Perhaps with the PS response they will reconsider. I agree it isn't the best business move for their consumers or them given the strong response.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps with the PS response they will reconsider. I agree it isn't the best business move for their consumers or them given the strong response.
Honestly, I think they pivoted their business. There is no way they made this decision without already knowing PS customers and referrals would disappear.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I think they pivoted their business. There is no way they made this decision without already knowing PS customers and referrals would disappear.

That is a shame. Well, consumers will just have to speak with their dollars.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will never buy from them again. That is the most ridiculous move on their part! It’s all downhill from there. They had such a good reputation..It’s a shame..

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Disappointing. A step in the wrong direction.

Their videos are nice, but not enough to take away from the certificate. They complement each other. You can't see angles on a video with ease, or clouds.

They were the gold standard. I've been using them less with their price hikes. They are the most comprehensive video site but they are no longer exclusive in this, and this represents a terrible attitude to consumer education

DiamondsAndDior

Rough_Rock
Omg I’m just a newbie here and I also think this is the stupidest thing ever. I was SOO close to purchasing a 5ct stone from them... but thank goodness for being the most indecisive person ever :D They obviously don’t care about what’s best for their customers. Closing out all the JA tabs I had open and never looking at their stones again.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I’m just a newbie here and I also think this is the stupidest thing ever. I was SOO close to purchasing a 5ct stone from them... but thank goodness for being the most indecisive person ever :D They obviously don’t care about what’s best for their customers. Closing out all the JA tabs I had open and never looking at their stones again.
Good for you . Money talks, and they need to know how badly they messed up .

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
Yep, all true and I experienced it today. I told the person I was chatting with that it was stupid. Both decisions are awful...not posting GIA certs and not allowing search with table and depth either. What are they thinking? No more!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results