shape
carat
color
clarity

NO DOGS ALLOWED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2005 10
6.gif
5:13 AM
Author: Chrono
Kmom,
That is one lovely cat. How do you handle the fur after she/he''s been outdoors? Mine, being light coloured on the body with all 4 white gloves on her feet is just a mud magnet!
Chrono, she''s actually self cleaning.
9.gif
Missy is an inside/outside cat. Occasionally she''ll get into the pasture and get all muddy and wet. I dry her off as best as I can (she got her first bath here a the new house after her first encounter with the new pasture), and after that she never went quite as far.
20.gif
Being part persian, I notice she gets to not feeling so well on occasion, too many fur balls. A good throw up
14.gif
and some furball ointment and she''s all better. I usually can spot signs when it''s a furball, vs. something else causing her not to feel well. DH says she has the face only a mother could love.
12.gif
She looks really mean, especially in some of her pictures because of her torte color (especially her face), but she is by far the sweetest kitty I''ve ever had.
emcat.gif
And I''ve had cats all my life.

Chrono, your baby is so cute, thanks for posting an updated picture of him with the kitty.

I''m soooo frustrated, I took some recent pics of her to upload. I cannot get my camera to work with the puter after trying for 2 days!! I think I may need to reinstall the driver as nothing appears when I select the camera.
33.gif
Any geeks out there to give me a hand? I''m running W98SE and it is driving me insane.
face21.gif

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Finally - the picture is attached. I can''t believe that I''ve only just found this thread! I am definitely a cat person. My avatar is my cat Camellia whom I have been impersonating all this time!

Everyone''s cat pictures are great. And hilarious!

Thought you might like to see this big cat that lives at the Melbourne Zoo. He''s a bit naughty. The day we visited and I took this photo, he was performing his party trick for the school children visiting from the country. He thought it was amusing to mark his territory - or spray - in the direction of the kids. We were p***ing ourselves laughing for the rest of day at the thought of poor little Johnny going back home on the bus and no one wanting to sit near him because he smelt of lion piddle. Can''t you just picture the scene? And little Johnny goes home in tears to mum saying "mum, the lion piddled on me". Poor little Johnny.

lionmelbzoo2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D4Me and Jenn,
Thanks for the compliments on the cat and baby. We need more kitty pictures. I just love to look at all their silly antics.

Matata,
What cat toys seem to be a favourite? Mine will ignore all the fancy toys and go for plain old ribbons, strings and my feet as I walk by.
emotion-40.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2005 2:22:25 PM
D4Me and Jenn,
Thanks for the compliments on the cat and baby. We need more kitty pictures. I just love to look at all their silly antics.

Matata,
What cat toys seem to be a favourite? Mine will ignore all the fancy toys and go for plain old ribbons, strings and my feet as I walk by.
emotion-40.gif
In addition to foil balls made from Symphony candybar wraps, they like the plastic rings that come from milk containers. I found curly plastic toys at a pet store and they love to throw them around and chase them. Also, Matata is especially fond of ripping tiny pieces of paper from books, newspapers, or whatever is sacred to humans and throwing the bits of paper around for a good chase. Obviously, they are more impressed with stuff they find around the house than with anything sold in pet stores.

I had a cat who used to collect house flies, rip off one ring, and keep a herd them stored under the sofa. She''d bring them out one at a time and watch the poor things run in circles
20.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
lol, Chrono. Maggie ignores all of her cat toys. Her favorite thing to play with is my laser pointer. Either that or we chase each other around the house playing tag. It''s kind of funny to watch us running around the house like a couple of psychos
25.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2005 5:56:38 AM
Author: Camellia
Finally - the picture is attached. I can''t believe that I''ve only just found this thread! I am definitely a cat person. My avatar is my cat Camellia whom I have been impersonating all this time!

Everyone''s cat pictures are great. And hilarious!

Thought you might like to see this big cat that lives at the Melbourne Zoo. He''s a bit naughty. The day we visited and I took this photo, he was performing his party trick for the school children visiting from the country. He thought it was amusing to mark his territory - or spray - in the direction of the kids. We were p***ing ourselves laughing for the rest of day at the thought of poor little Johnny going back home on the bus and no one wanting to sit near him because he smelt of lion piddle. Can''t you just picture the scene? And little Johnny goes home in tears to mum saying ''mum, the lion piddled on me''. Poor little Johnny.
Yikes! Poor little Johnny is right! Awwwwwww, I bet he''ll have a complex now, lol. That must be pretty embarrassing to be known as the one that the lion peed on.
6.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2005 2:36
6.gif
4 PM
Author: Matata

Date: 1/11/2005 2:22:25 PM
D4Me and Jenn,

Matata,
emotion-40.gif
In addition to foil balls made from Symphony candybar wraps, they like the plastic rings that come from milk containers. I found curly plastic toys at a pet store and they love to throw them around and chase them. Also, Matata is especially fond of ripping tiny pieces of paper from books, newspapers, or whatever is sacred to humans and throwing the bits of paper around for a good chase. Obviously, they are more impressed with stuff they find around the house than with anything sold in pet stores.

I had a cat who used to collect house flies, rip off one ring, and keep a herd them stored under the sofa. She''d bring them out one at a time and watch the poor things run in circles
20.gif
Ooooooooooooooooooooooohhh nnooooooooooooooooooo! Poor little flies!! lol. Maggie, when she was allowed to go into the garage..that''s a whole different chapter.., would catch salamanders and bring them into the house to me. I''d get so mad! But I knew she didn''t know any better..it wasn''t like she was doing it just to be mean or anything...I don''t think. Poor little salamanders.
8.gif
They were so pretty, too. But now they''re thriving over in the corner where the water hose is.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When my cat was younger, she was pretty good at catching flies only to practice her "catch and release" tricks repeatedly on her poor victims until they died or I put the flies out of their misery. I told hubby, "who needs buy sprays? Get a cat"

Mimi also loves to race up and down the steps of the house too but hasn''t been able to do that since the baby gates were put up. She plays chase with baby and myself too as we tear around the house.

Camelia,
That is one BIG cat.
emwink.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Yay kitties!!!! Great idea MMM!!!

Here's Sammy - 5 year old 7 pound cutie silver tabby girl.
SammyFluffy1.jpg

SammyShadowSmall1.JPG

SammyWindowSmall1.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
And Katie!! 10 year old 12-pound brown/silver tabby girl!

KatieEyes1.jpg

KatieEyesSmall1.JPG

KatieRollSmall1.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
More Sammy...

Staring out "her" 5th floor window.

RingAndChristmas2004-75small.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Sam at the window again...

SammyWindowSmall02.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Sam gawking at a little sparrow leaving my feeder.

SammyBird01.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Sammy lounging on the couch - so cute!!!

SammyPillow01.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
And more of Katie!!!

Katie looking curious and distinguished with her whiskers out.

KatieWhiskers01.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Both girls are front-declawed, but Katie likes to "scratch" on my jeans when I come home. She especially loves laced shoes - tennis shoes for example.

KatieScratch01.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
And finally (you all are probably sick of me and my girls now! LOL) Both my girls in one picture! Sammy is fed on the windowsill so I can leave out dry food for her (she grazes all day) when I''m gone and Katie doesn''t gobble it all up.

KatieandSammy1.jpg

And this is of me feeding the cats just before the previous pic was taken. Silly fiance taking pictures of me.
1.gif

RingAndChristmas2004-36small.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Again, great idea MMM. Everybody''s babies (Feline, Canine, and especially Human!!!!!) are so adorable!!!! And it''s so utterly obvious that these wonderful animals are so loved by their human counterparts! Yay kitties!!! MoreMoreMore pictures everybody!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDCD,
Those are gorgeous pictures and the kitties obviously are queens of the home (as they rightfully should be). There''s no such thing as too many pictures!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG. I''ve been out sick and too tired to write...I want to say something about everyonew''s fur balls, but if I start now, it''ll take me all day! :) Everyone''s babies are SO beautiful!
p.s. I find the expression on Sammy''s face so funny...."You worthless human. How dare you disturb my slumber. Take my picture and worship at my feet"

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 11:11:19 AM
Author: moremoremore
p.s. I find the expression on Sammy''s face so funny....''You worthless human. How dare you disturb my slumber. Take my picture and worship at my feet''

LOL!!!! So true sometimes.... but she''s really thinking "You worthless human. How dare you take my picture instead of feeding me. Feed me NOW and worship at my feet!" I just love her fluffy-face look!! It makes her look so small and fat instead of teensy tiny like she is!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD, those are great pictures! I need to go charge up my camera and snap some more of my pooky.
9.gif

I absolutely LOVE cats..but last night I dreamt I got a puppy! How odd...Wonder what that means? I should go to dreamdoctor.com and do some searching.
34.gif
33.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hey- did any of you guys ever see the CATSAREFROMMARS.COM web site? It has been taken off of the net (CRY!) but it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. A cat lover dedicated the site to proving that cats were aliens and it was the riot!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I absolutely love
emlove.gif
this thread and so does my 11 yr old son--we are die hard cat maniacs!
Keep those pics coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a funny joke from a catlover friend of mine that just seems to sum it up:

A dog says to his human: "You feed me, you play with me, you love me. You must be a god!"
3.gif

A cat says to his human: "You feed me, you play with me, you love me. I must be a god!"
31.gif

I love just about anything with a wet nose and paws!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 11:44:50 AM
Author: JCJD

Date: 1/13/2005 11:11:19 AM
Author: moremoremore
p.s. I find the expression on Sammy''s face so funny....''You worthless human. How dare you disturb my slumber. Take my picture and worship at my feet''

LOL!!!! So true sometimes.... but she''s really thinking ''You worthless human. How dare you take my picture instead of feeding me. Feed me NOW and worship at my feet!'' I just love her fluffy-face look!! It makes her look so small and fat instead of teensy tiny like she is!
ROTF!!!! JCJD, Sammy''s expression is PRICELESS! And so is yours! What a pretty lady you are.
1.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
These WERE my babies...my friend found them abandoned IN THE PARKING LOT BEHIND A CAR (seriously, who is that cruel?!?! i don''t even want to think of what would''ve happened had she not seen them...) They were 2 weeks old, not yet weaned...and i could''t bear the thought of them going to the pound so I took them, bottle fed then weaned them and litter trained them (how can such a horrible smell be produced by such little darlings?!) and found them a loving home 3 months later. Now they are fat, spoiled, contented kitties. This is a pic 2 weeks after we found them. I miss my babies!

little kitties2.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
omg!!!!!!!! sorry soryy sorry! i forgot to try to resize!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
ok i hope this is better! brief synposis if you don''t want to read the gigundo pic...found these abandoned kitties behind parked car, couldn''t bear to send to pound, learned how to be mama kitty - bottle fed, then weaned, litter training (insert me pinching my nose)....now found them happy home and currently fat little princesses.

smallkittycoll copy.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG. How sweet!!! And you''re a doll for rescuing them. I don''t understand people. People are gross. You did the right thing e/t you miss your babies...I found a MANX!!!!! and had him adopted b/c I couldn''t keep him...he is making someone very happy...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results