shape
carat
color
clarity

NO DOGS ALLOWED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I agree..poor little gal....Do you just want to keep them b/c they are so cute???? :)
What the heck are you going to do!!!
They are so lucky to have you
17.gif
17.gif
17.gif
17.gif
17.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2005 10:18:30 PM
Author: moremoremore
I agree..poor little gal....Do you just want to keep them b/c they are so cute???? :)

What the heck are you going to do!!!

They are so lucky to have you
17.gif
17.gif
17.gif
17.gif
17.gif

I wish, but my parents would kill me!
14.gif

They''re really heart-strings-tugging cute!!!! I did more research and realised they''re about a mth old already actually.
6.gif
I''m going to have to get homes for them.
39.gif

5.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Don''t be
7.gif
... You can''t keep every animal you want to save...I have been banned by the LittleShelter.com website by my husband...
9.gif

A few years ago, I took in what the vet said looked like a 100% black manx...what a great cat. I just couldn''t keep him b/c of my then monster cat...I got "no tail" a good home and it feels good now that time has gone by!!! But with kittens- forget it...they are SOOOOO sweet and so much harder to let go of!!!
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tomatoe,
They are so cute; I would not be able to resist keeping at least one of them. They certainly do not look like the local SEA/S''porean cat variety.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
White was bad last night, really dehydrated and it was a touch-and-go situation. Had to disturb a vet friend at 11pm but he gave meds, advice, an injection and a poor prognosis. White's much better now, even up and about, though after the vet's I had to do the glucose water thing and feed meds. Grey is okay, but maybe abit unwell cos his 3rd eyelid is showing. Vet says they're not 1 mth old, but only 2 weeks plus (like I initially thought). So I have to be mummy for abit longer than expected. Diarrhoea has stopped now for all 3 and things are looking better (I hope) for them. Vets are finally opened tomorrow, so I may or may not take them in again for a proper check up.

Chrono: I'm thinking to give 1 to my maternal grandma, she's been asking to exchange hers with mine cos of the long tail, at least one will still be "in the family". So yeah, Cream has a nice long tail, is the noisest, greediest and brattiest but I'll wait till Grandma's back from Sitiawan (Ipoh) to talk to her and my mum. My husband is eager for me to get homes for them asap because he's suffering from "hay fever" from them.

3kittens1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh they are so cute...its so sad they are so young with no mom..well now they have you! Good for you that you took them in!

I am allergic to cats too or else I wouldn''t mind having one for Portia company (aka torment?). I think if a kitten is raised with a dog, they are much more tolerant (from what I have heard anyway!).

Though I am still stuck on Nick and Jessica''s cutie maltepoo even though it drops turds all over the house, EW!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m pulling for them. You''re a good mommy. I kinda thought that they were very very young. The poor guy in the middle still looks pink
12.gif
... Who knows how long they were left alone...poor little ratts.... You are doing the best you can....
17.gif
Don''t you have a kitty? How is he/she taking to them or did you completely sep''t them?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Mara: The secret to not having allergies act up with cats is frequent showering, once every 1-2 weeks. My mum, husband and I are all actually allergic but we don''t have problems with our 2 regular adult cats.
9.gif
The reason human allergies act up is because of the allergens they produce and mainly on their fur and saliva, so if you shower them often enough, you minimise the build up of allergens.
25.gif
Read also ~ http://allergies.about.com/cs/cats/a/aa013100a.htm

Of course, if you have severe allergic reactions, then please stay away for health''s sake!
10.gif

MMM: Hmmmmm, thanks for your compliments, I am just doing what my soft heart tells me to. I am prickly on the outside and soft on the inside
10.gif
I know they were alone for at least 8 hours, but most prolly longer than that. The 2 adult cats at home were forced to remain outside my room for the 1st 2 days. I only let my boy into my room today and he seems to have gotten used to their smell. He hissed initially when my husband put his hands near him after touching the kittens. Now he''s just really curious as to wth those little noisy rats are.
18.gif

Before I went down to get them, I contacted a former colleague from the vet clinic I used to work with and she told me all I should do if I wanted to foster them. She has 8 cats at home and many she raised from orphans as well.
21.gif
So I''m 2 steps ahead of you on the warm front, lol! Since I got them, I''ve been keeping them warm with homemade hot water bottles made from surgical gloves and plastic bottles. I refill the hot water inside every 4 hours when I feed them, the vet said to ignore them otherwise if they mew. (Though I do sneak in some extra feedings cos I can''t bear to ignore them for too long, lol!)

I''m bone tired, havent slept much since getting them on Tuesday night at 11pm. I woke up at 1pm on that day and have been awake pretty much since then. I managed to catch some shut eye, about 6 hours in total yesterday.
23.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Wow- you are in great shape and it looks like you really know what you're doing!!! I'm sorry you're so tired...

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
This was taken when it was almost dying. So small and shrunken
15.gif

and I kinda agree about the real children part
11.gif

DSCF0319.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tomatoe,
You are really a Mother Theresa to those poor kittens. I''m so glad they had the good fortune of crossing paths with you. I commend you for your tireless dedication to them. Oh yes, a Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2005 7:59:41 AM
Author: Chrono
Tomatoe,
You are really a Mother Theresa to those poor kittens. I''m so glad they had the good fortune of crossing paths with you. I commend you for your tireless dedication to them. Oh yes, a Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family.
HI:

I could not have said this better. From the first time you posted your story I have been struck with the enormity of this selfless act of goodness and kindness; and from another person who cannot bear cruelty to living creatures in any form--I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
So what is the status on the three little angels?

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
MMM, Chrono & Canuk-Gal: I really appreciate the kudos but I think what I am doing is just normal and something that I *should* do just because. Also there are 1001 other people doing it all the time and I don't think they get as much kudos as I've gotten. I feel really embaressed, is that normal???
6.gif
And Happy CNY backatcha Chrono!
35.gif

They're taking turns to give me a scare. 2nd night was White, then 3rd day was grey, now its white's turn again. Only cream seems to be relatively fine all this while. If my date's and days seem to be discrepant, pls cut me some slack. I cant sleep and when I sleep I wake up in 2 hours, my friend who's a mummy said its the mothering instinct in taking over.
31.gif
The vets have been closed since my Tuesday and only opened on my Friday, because it is the Lunar New year holiday period, and I took them for a visit. Turns out all 3 of them have the flu, thats why they have not been doing well. So I have to feed them a cocktail of medication, on top of their milk, glucose water, peeing and pooing... *rolls eyes* The vet also advised me to put an alarm clock in with them to lull them into thinking their mummy is around, and thus sleep longer.

DSCF0321.JPG

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! A baby kitten pile! I want to thank you Tomatoe for taking in these babies and acting as a surrogate. You effectively negated the awful act of some person putting them out there alone, and shoudl be commended. Just as all who take in strays and sick/helpless things should. Kharma is a wonderful thing, and i am sure you have some good stuff coming around the corner......

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I don''t care what you say...not everyone would be so good to those kittens!!!

Well, at least you now know that they have the flu and some meds might help them. Poor little suckers. They really are so cute. I get sad when I think of the mama...it''s evil humans that cause this problem. I think you said that above too....they don''t fix their cats. Also, I''m a firm believer that cats do not need to be outside. Would someone let their dog roam around unsupervised? SO why is it ok for cats? it''s really not. Well, I think these fellas have a wonderful future ahead of them- sitting in front of a window in the sun and lounging in the sun...being waited on hand and foot :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2005 6:47
6.gif
4 PM
Author: tomatoe
MMM, Chrono & Canuk-Gal: I really appreciate the kudos but I think what I am doing is just normal and something that I *should* do just because. Also there are 1001 other people doing it all the time and I don''t think they get as much kudos as I''ve gotten. I feel really embaressed, is that normal???
6.gif
HI T:

You have demonstrated both sense and sensibility--it is a rare gift. Embrace it. And thanks again
emcat.gif
emcat.gif
emcat.gif

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray this cushy life to keep.
I pray for toys that look like mice,
And sofa cushions, soft and nice.

I pray for gourmet kitty snacks,
And someone nice to scratch my back,
For windowsills all warm and bright,
For shadows to explore at night.
I pray I''ll always stay real cool
And keep the secret feline rule

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
Hey mom! What is this CAT doing in my bed?!
9.gif
27.gif

MaggieandCat.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 96.58%; HEIGHT: 104px">Date: 2/11/2005 6:47
6.gif
4 PM
Author: tomatoe
MMM, Chrono & Canuk-Gal: I really appreciate the kudos but I think what I am doing is just normal and something that I *should* do just because. Also there are 1001 other people doing it all the time and I don''t think they get as much kudos as I''ve gotten. I feel really embaressed, is that normal???
6.gif
And Happy CNY backatcha Chrono!
35.gif
Tomatoe,

Your doing a wonderful thing! Believe me, there are NOT a lot of people who would do what youre doing right now! Youre a wonderful person for taking care of these little kitties! Chapeau
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again everyone for your unwavering support of the kittens and I. Still clocking in less than 10 hours sleep (in total) since getting them 4 days ago, but am really running on adrenaline and general excitement.
37.gif
They are *touch wood* much better than when I first found them; round bellies, noisy mewling, very active(!!!!), bright eyes and general "healthier" behaviour. I am so glad the initial fight is over. They are drinking lots of milk (minimum 6ml at one feeding), sleeping longer (5-6 hours between feedings), peeing light yellowish-clear urine, no loose stools, etc etc.
23.gif

Grey is going to my grandma, Cream is going to the person who saddled me with them and White, haha I''m "keeping" her for the time being. A friend was very interested, said she wanted her but had to eventually decline cos she''s going to work overseas soon and various reasons. Nevermind, I have a soft spot for White after that initial battle we had to fight the 2nd night together.
10.gif
She''s the one that the vet said is likely to be part persian and is the most gentle (for now) amongst the 3. Haha, can you guys sense the start of the downward spiral.
31.gif

Anyways, there''s a photo of them being adorable. And one of Hammie being a very docile "surrogate" father; we reckon he is so gentle, nurturing and effeminate cos he was cut even b4 he realised how to be horny, hahahahahahhah ROFL!
11.gif
He''s been really sweet to them and has shown no inclination to attack them since I allowed him near them on the 3rd day. I even tried letting one of the kittens climb onto him and he didn''t retaliate. No raging hormones to sense them as threats eh.
30.gif

huddle.jpg

guarding.jpg

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
The kitty that is sharing Maggies bed is actually one that was abandoned under our house along with her brother. Maggie started going nuts by the dish washer and would run around into the bathroom and whine. This went on for a week and finally I got down and listened (everyone kept calling her a stupid dog
29.gif
but I knew something was under the house.) and I heard little meows. A day or 2 later MIL and I were able to coax them out. The little girl almost didn''t make it, the were very young. We bottle feed them and our friend took her and the little boy went to another family.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. I have such a weak spot for kittens. They should never cross my path or I shall keep them all. Tomatoe, you''re a wonderful mommy. I agree that not everyone would do it. Not everone has the means nor the patience. It''s a lot to raise abandoned babies. It must be so gratifying that they are doing well and on the mend.

I want one.
39.gif

About 2 years ago my neighbors kitty gave birth in our storeroom outside. The kids found them. We raised them until they went to the shelter, had the mommy spayed and my other neighbor adopted her.

Then about a year later, another neighbor''s kitty did the same thing. She literally went into labor before my eyes. I just knew the behavior late that night so I got a box ready and watched her give birth through the night. It was a most fascinating experience I shall never forget. They eventually got adopted as I could not keep them all. This experience made my own kitty (missy) very ill. She was not happy having other cats around, much less kittens. She actually was much happier with our pesty dog than these little kitties. DH made sure I got rid of them once they became independent (about 6-8 weeks old).

You shall be blessed a thousand fold for doing this. Please continue to post pictures of them when their eyes are open. Whiteish kitties tend to have blue/green eyes. Then sometimes they change. What color are their eyes?

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Tomatoe
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tomatoe,
I still stand by what I posted earlier. Perhaps some people would take the kittens in as well but I doubt even a handful would go the extra lenghts you had to to keep them alive, much less giving them shelter. Even more would had given up the fight for the kittens'' lives, so my praise (and the embarrassmess that ensues) must be said.

I may not post as much these days but I always keep an eye on this thread to see how well the kittens are doing. They are so adorable.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Kmom and Chrono, ok I take all the credit!!! hahahahah
31.gif
They had the flu and since Hammie is always so concerned about them, he has it too! Poor boy, so weak and dazed.
39.gif
Ah well, the kittens are doing great, teething and all so I have started weaning them off milk by feeding them diluted servings of Hill Science Diet cans of A/d
5.gif
Havent had more than 12hours sleep since I got them, and my body is shutting down.

I had a great time not celebrating Vday, we both believe that everyday shd be like vday.
12.gif
We bought a new PC, the old one is 4 yo and has been wonky for the past 2 mths, we (I) also bought a diamond
11.gif
. A GIA 0.36ct F/ SI1 (crystal) for SIN$1129 after a 40% discount; 4.54-4.58x2.78, 61% depth, 62% table, slightly thick to thick faceted girdle, no culet, Polish/ Sym: VG, no fluor, minimal light leakage with the IS, some nice arrows but nothing spectacular, the cyrstal is near one of the prongs and *I* cannot see it (though I havent had enough sleep so),
31.gif

I have also placed a reservation for another stone (husband doesnt know I am buying it!!)
13.gif
. Another GIA, 0.3ct F/ VS1, 4.28-4.32 x 2.66, Depth 61.9%, Table 58%, Medium to slightly thick faceted girdle, no culet, polish/ sym: good, cloud & feather, no fluor. My local expert said it was a really nice stone and it had kick-ass arrows!! I just *have* to buy it, if not I'd be kicking myself.
16.gif

I took pictures but can't upload them.
40.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Yipppee a new pair for Tomatoe! Are you going to use them as earrings? Good for you!!!!
36.gif

~kmom
35.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new stones! See- good karma!

I''m really in love with them all, but the little tiger one especially. His face just makes me want to give him kisses...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
This is a slightly altered email my mother send me...

"alright, so i had a talk with mycats today

Pet Rules--Memo to the Family Cat

1. When I say move, it means go someplace else. It does not mean switch
positions so that you are still in the way.
2. The dishes on the floor are yours and contain your food. All other
dishes are mine and contain my food. (Please note: placing a paw or nose-print
in the middle of my dinner does not stake your claim on it, nor do I find
it aesthetically pleasing in any way.)
3. The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack.
Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn''t help because I
fall faster than you can run.
4. I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. Locate your inner
beast and remember that sleeping animals can actually curl up in a
ball, so it is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to me, stretched out
to the fullest extent possible.

5. My compact discs are not miniature Frisbees (this one is really more for the dog)

6. For the last time, humans like to use the bathroom alone. If by some
miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it won''t help
to claw, whine, meow, or get your paw under the edge and
try to pull the door open. (Trust me, I have been using the bathroom for
years... feline attendance is not mandatory.)
7. When you see me asleep on the couch, it is not funny to make a
sudden leap onto my stomach and drop a chew toy, bone or jingle ball on my
crotch, no matter how much that makes other family members laugh. (more for the dog)
8. Dog: Don''t think for a minute that making a sad face and whimpering
pathetically will get you out of trouble when I find a puddle of pee on
the carpet. The face and the whimpering only validate that you knew it was
wrong when you did it.
9. Cat: My sitting down to bite into a juicy sandwich is not a signal
for you to begin gagging loudly and then hocking up the most disgusting
hairball in history.
10. The proper order is: kiss me, then go lick yourself. I
cannot stress this enough.

To pacify you I have posted the following message on our front door:

Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here; you don''t.

2. If you don''t want their hair on your clothes, stay off the
furniture.

3. I like my pet(s) better than I like most people.

4. To you it''s an animal. To me, it''s an adopted child who is short,
hairy, walks on all fours and is speech-challenged.
5. Dogs and cats are better than kids. They eat less, are easier to
train, usually come when called, don''t ask for money, never drive your car,
don''t hang out with losers, don''t drink or smoke, and don''t worry about the
latest fashions.
i think were on better terms now."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results