shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Newly adopted 5-stone oval ring!

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I'm excited to be able to post my first Show Me The Bling thread.

You regulars may remember when Jimmianne found a great 5-stone oval ring at a pawn shop about 6 months ago but then ultimately decided to "catch and release" it. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/todays-pawn-shop-find.202773/

Well, allow me to show you it's new forever home!

Here's my back story: I first saw Jimmianne's wonderful find when she posted about it, and fell in love. When she posted that she finally decided she was going to sell it, I wished I could justify adopting it from her. Months wore on and I would visit the adoption site occasionally, surprised no one wanted to take this beauty into their home.
Then my grandmother passed away a couple weeks ago (she was 95, had had dementia for the last decade, and it was a blessing for her to go). She and I were quite close when I was a child and taught me about cooking, quilting, and gardening. I asked my father and aunt for a ring of hers as a keepsake, but she did not have any fine jewelry. However, she did leave me a small inheritance. So I began to keep an eye out for a suitable memorial ring. Then I remembered the ring Jimmianne was fostering and decided to adopt it!

I love it so much. I think it's understated but unique, classy and full of personality, just like my grandmother was.

On to the pictures!!!

_26798.jpg

img_6904.jpg

_26799.jpg

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
And because I am a Tree Gal, here are some pictures of us on our first outing into the woods:

fullsizerender_1_.jpg

fullsizerender_2_.jpg

fullsizerender_1_0.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My condolences for your loss.

Wear this lovely ring in health--it looks perfectly situated on your pretty hands!

cheers--Sharon

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a special treasure to remember your grandmother. Thank you for sharing your story. I love the understated chique look of the ring.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful on you, and the little garnet crystal is a little, hidden reminder of your grandmother's heart and unending love for you. :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gift of love--sorry for your loss--this is perfect tribute to remember her by!! :wavey:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
RetroTreeGal, Your post made me cry. How beautifully touching, and the ring is stunning. I absolutely love that you purchased this ring in memory of your grandmother. Now when you look at it, you will always remember her. How awesome! :love:

And I am also very sorry for your loss. Grandmothers are the best!

~Sparkly

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was fun to go back and read the original thread for this ring.

It looks great on you and I'm glad you are pleased. :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring was made for your hand. What a lovely reminder of your lovely grandmother.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your kind words. I have always enjoyed the good hearts of the folks on PS.

Tulip928- that made ME tear up! I'v looked with my loupe but have not located the garnet. But just like love, knowing it is there is more important. ::) ETA: found it now that it's sunny out! Cool. :dance:

Allow me to share a story about my grandmother that really shows what a great lady she was. She and her caregiver were watching the news when the Boston marathon bombing had just occurred. Her dense fog of dementia lifted- almost for the last time- and she, who was a nurse in her younger years, said "Take me there, I want to help those people."

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet way for you to remember your grandmother! Beautiful ring!

EC4me

Rough_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful way to keep the memory of your grandmother close to you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RTG, it looks fabulous on you, it looks like it was custom made for your hand! The oval shaped stones are very flattering, such a beautiful look. I am really sorry for your loss, this ring is a wonderful way to remember your grandmother.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandmother. Your new ring is a beautiful way to commemorate her memory! I love it!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I was so tempted to buy that ring myself. I think it found it's true home. I hope you look at it and always remember your grandmother.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for your loss, but such a lovely way to remember her. The ring looks perfect on you, it was meant to be yours :))

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry for your loss, my grandmother is 92 and getting quite frail. I think it is wonderful that you have a beautiful and special treasure to remember her.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am so sorry for your loss. I think this makes a great memorial. It is really beautiful, and a perfect fit on your hand.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks stunning on your beautiful hands, and what a lovely way to commemorate your grandmother. I just love stories like this! Enjoy it :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your is beautiful and what a lovely story.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for your condolences and compliments!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry for your loss. Your ring is beautiful and a great way to remember your grandmother.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring for a beautiful sentiment. :clap:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wouldn't your grandmother love it that you bought something with the money that you love so? Such a sweet story for a beautiful ring!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
RetroTreeGal|1423337798|3828939 said:
Thank you all for your kind words. I have always enjoyed the good hearts of the folks on PS.

Tulip928- that made ME tear up! I'v looked with my loupe but have not located the garnet. But just like love, knowing it is there is more important. ::) ETA: found it now that it's sunny out! Cool. :dance:

Allow me to share a story about my grandmother that really shows what a great lady she was. She and her caregiver were watching the news when the Boston marathon bombing had just occurred. Her dense fog of dementia lifted- almost for the last time- and she, who was a nurse in her younger years, said "Take me there, I want to help those people."

Awe, love your stories and think this gorgeous ring found a perfectly wonderful and meaningful home on your finger.

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about your loss of your grandmother. It's a beautiful ring to celebrate her life with.

tulip928|1423331892|3828871 said:
It's beautiful on you, and the little garnet crystal is a little, hidden reminder of your grandmother's heart and unending love for you. :love:

That's a beautiful sentiment.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Huge congrats, I just saw Jimmianne's original thread and fell in love. Ok, well, it has a happy home now.:))) You story is beautiful, sad but yet you remember your grandmother every day with this ring and pay tribute to her. I got my yellow diamonds because I had a citrine ring from my late grandma that I was incredibly close to and when she too passed away almost two years ago from Parkinson's and it was a blessing to her I decided that I wanted to remember her with yellow stones because I somehow lost my citrine ring during one of my moves and could not forgive myself for that. I have to say I love 5 stones and ovals and adore this ring, I am so happy for you, send us as many shots as you can. The size and ring look perfect on your beautiful finger and hand.

Diamoneecee

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Great to know every time you look at it it will remind of such a special person.

emeraldluvr

Rough_Rock
All 5 diamonds are marvelous! Great choice!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely and touching tribute to your beloved Grandma!! I love the sentiment behind this ring. May you feel love and joy and happy memories of your Grandma every time you look at your gorgeous ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results