shape
carat
color
clarity

New Whiteflash Upgrade! 3ct H SI1

ellekay

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am sure your hands are very pretty! I thought of putting on nail polish (remembering a Legally Blonde scene where Elle laments that Selma Blair was wearing the 5 carat Harry Winston on "her bony unpolished finger" :lol:) but manicures have been put on the wayside these days!

I would love a D-G color 2.7-2.8 ACA with 76 LF. However, the 2.5 is big enough. I don't know anyone in my circle who wears anything bigger. My sister does have a 3ct D asscher solitaire but asschers face up smaller than rounds so I think the 2.5ct round and 3ct asscher are almost comparable in size.

Having said that, I am a serial upgrader so I am sure I will be scouting the Whiteflash inventory until I find an ACA I can't refuse. :B

Here are some pics I just snapped. :)

IMG_3891.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpeg

Thank you for more pictures--I could look at that ring all day! And that was the perfect quote. Legally Blonde is just the best, even if I am way more Vivian than Elle--"bony and unpolished" is a pretty apt description :lol:.

I've been thinking about eventually upgrading to around a 2.5 round, but after seeing the size of your rock, I'm wondering if I should even go a bit smaller. My finger is a 3.5, and I'm eyeing the WF butterflies setting because I'm a sucker for a 3 stone. I'm with you, though; I don't know anyone with a stone even half that big, and I worry that I'll feel self-conscious.

What is 76 LF? Is that lower girdle facets?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone! While there is a visual difference between 2.5ct and 3ct, I am much more at peace with this stone. The super ideal cut is mind clean. She sparkles like nobody’s business.

I will say that the 3ct, also an H, was noticeably whiter. I feel that my stones look whiter in white metal against my skin and rose gold highlights warmth.

All this to say, to each their own! I’ve enjoyed my journey with Whiteflash. They are a pleasure to work with and I am grateful to wear one of their beautiful rings! :)

So the GIA H was “noticeablely whiter” than your ACA H? I’m starting to see a pattern. Not a popular opinion here on PS but thank you for sharing.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for more pictures--I could look at that ring all day! And that was the perfect quote. Legally Blonde is just the best, even if I am way more Vivian than Elle--"bony and unpolished" is a pretty apt description :lol:.
I've been thinking about eventually upgrading to around a 2.5 round, but after seeing the size of your rock, I'm wondering if I should even go a bit smaller. My finger is a 3.5, and I'm eyeing the WF butterflies setting because I'm a sucker for a 3 stone. I'm with you, though; I don't know anyone with a stone even half that big, and I worry that I'll feel self-conscious.

What is 76 LF? Is that lower girdle facets?

Thank you! Yes, I enjoy nice fat arrows! The stone also looks bigger in photos. It would be great if you could look at stones in person to get a better idea of which size works for you. Tiffany & Co. usually carries a nice range of sizes.

@nala The 3 ct was also AGS. WF told me it was closer to a G which I noticed in person. It was impressive given its larger size.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2.5 H VS1 ACA is back home. :B 7CCD1E21-E7C9-4B0F-96B0-E5F6AB76A86F.jpeg

This stone looks huge on you, my 2c. And it's a 2.5 carat. Congratulations on getting it back. WF was really cool about that I have to say. Yeah, I guess it's a wait and see what comes along in inventory. In the meantime, I bet it's just nice to enjoy a gorgeous stone.

Lani

Rough_Rock
She’s here!

Opened the package in the car and my first reaction was, “Gorgeous!”
I observed no tint in the car which is usually where it shows! Scintillation is off the charts.

I’ve had her for 2 seconds so still need to observe under different lighting conditions. I was honestly expecting to be disappointed given the Expert Selection designation but she is big, white and sparkly!!

2FA94E02-1C3C-41C4-BC97-E2629253B528.jpeg

00BB3F86-476F-482A-83FF-CB2C98C1EBB9.jpeg

That Cartier stack is fire! Love the combo!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I am SO particular with jewelry and have surprised myself that I have zero regrets on getting that stack!!

Your thread is a perfect example for everytime I doubted my decision to get a Super Ideal cut diamond. Even if I already got it, in my days I sometimes wonder... “Oh maybe it should’ve been OK getting a stone with a lil bit off the parameters. As long as it’s bigger and whiter” But actually even if its big and white if it doesn’t have the sparkle I want, I don’t think I can be peaceful. Thank you for reminding me of that!!!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your thread is a perfect example for everytime I doubted my decision to get a Super Ideal cut diamond. Even if I already got it, in my days I sometimes wonder... “Oh maybe it should’ve been OK getting a stone with a lil bit off the parameters. As long as it’s bigger and whiter” But actually even if its big and white if it doesn’t have the sparkle I want, I don’t think I can be peaceful. Thank you for reminding me of that!!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I was just thinking today that there will always be bigger and whiter! But dare I say, we can be satisfied with our current stone!!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I was just thinking today that there will always be bigger and whiter! But dare I say, we can be satisfied with our current stone!!

Lets wait patiently to get a bigger whiter stone without sacrificing the sparkle!!! In the meantime let’s enjoy our current rings!! Someday.. we’ll get there!!!

jrb517

Rough_Rock
F6C0B3C8-300B-4E04-A6AC-5DB19553C89A.jpeg

Some fire action from the 2.5!
Hi TweetyBird! I just purchased a diamond yesterday from WF. ES 3.024ct H SI1... sound familiar? It is your exact diamond you purchased last year! Lol what are the chances of that? I still haven't received the diamond yet so I can't speak to it in person. But I'm really happy to see some real pictures of it on your hand. I agonized over my search for months until I found this one. My girlfriend's top 2 priorities were 1. BIG, and 2. White. I think this stone should fit both of those needs. It was just about the only 3ct stone I could buy in my price range that was better than a K in color. I'll check in when I get it set on a ring, but I think she's going to be super happy with it! I guess what I'm saying is I'm glad you liked your 2.5 ACA a bit better because it gave me a great opportunity with this one :)

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi TweetyBird! I just purchased a diamond yesterday from WF. ES 3.024ct H SI1... sound familiar? It is your exact diamond you purchased last year! Lol what are the chances of that? I still haven't received the diamond yet so I can't speak to it in person. But I'm really happy to see some real pictures of it on your hand. I agonized over my search for months until I found this one. My girlfriend's top 2 priorities were 1. BIG, and 2. White. I think this stone should fit both of those needs. It was just about the only 3ct stone I could buy in my price range that was better than a K in color. I'll check in when I get it set on a ring, but I think she's going to be super happy with it! I guess what I'm saying is I'm glad you liked your 2.5 ACA a bit better because it gave me a great opportunity with this one :)

Hi @jrb517! I just read your post. Congratulations on your engagement and on scoring that beautiful stone! How did your fiance like it? Do you have pictures? Would love to see the stone again! :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 - so glad to 'see' you here! I was honestly thinking about you the other day wondering if you had ever upgraded again! Looks like you are still happy with your diamond though. You've been missed!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So great to see you, MGR and mrs-b! I hope you’re both well and in good spirits. I’ve greatly enjoyed the 2.5 H VS1. It was such a good buy at the very beginning of the pandemic. A similar stone would run +$10k more making the upgrade much steeper. Grateful to have her!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So great to see you, MGR and mrs-b! I hope you’re both well and in good spirits. I’ve greatly enjoyed the 2.5 H VS1. It was such a good buy at the very beginning of the pandemic. A similar stone would run +$10k more making the upgrade much steeper. Grateful to have her!

I think we are all grateful to have what we have with the prices of diamonds today! It is a great diamond so happy for you that snagged it before the big price increases! You have been missed around here though!!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think we are all grateful to have what we have with the prices of diamonds today! It is a great diamond so happy for you that snagged it before the big price increases! You have been missed around here though!!

So kind of you to say, thank you! Missed you all too! Glad to see the forum active with such beautiful pieces!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@TweetyBird23 -

Yay! There you are! :wavey: And yes, as MGR said above - we've missed you!

But TOTALLY agree with you re prices! I was chatting to someone who was looking into a new diamond with similar specs to mine - 4-4.1ct, H VS1, same vendor - and she told me that the quote she received was 25% higher than I paid!! So I'm thrilled I got my Beloved when I did! No way I could afford her now.

And I loved (and I'm sure would continue to love!) your solitaire. It was a STUNNING stone and looked perfect on your hand. Gorgeous. :). Please stick your head in from time to time - the place looks better when you're here. :))

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 -

Yay! There you are! :wavey: And yes, as MGR said above - we've missed you!

But TOTALLY agree with you re prices! I was chatting to someone who was looking into a new diamond with similar specs to mine - 4-4.1ct, H VS1, same vendor - and she told me that the quote she received was 25% higher than I paid!! So I'm thrilled I got my Beloved when I did! No way I could afford her now.

And I loved (and I'm sure would continue to love!) your solitaire. It was a STUNNING stone and looked perfect on your hand. Gorgeous. :). Please stick your head in from time to time - the place looks better when you're here. :))

Thank you, Mrs-b! You contribute so much to this forum and I enjoy looking back at your posts, from your collection over the years to your lovely home decorating! Sending you all my positive energy for a 2023 full of good health!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results