carat
color
clarity

New Whiteflash Upgrade! 3ct H SI1

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
She’s here!

Opened the package in the car and my first reaction was, “Gorgeous!”
I observed no tint in the car which is usually where it shows! Scintillation is off the charts.

I’ve had her for 2 seconds so still need to observe under different lighting conditions. I was honestly expecting to be disappointed given the Expert Selection designation but she is big, white and sparkly!!

2FA94E02-1C3C-41C4-BC97-E2629253B528.jpeg

00BB3F86-476F-482A-83FF-CB2C98C1EBB9.jpeg

Gorgeous! She IS big and beautiful! What is your ring size? @TweetyBird23 ?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geez, that thing looks icy white! And huge!! Congrats!

And expert selection or no, it looks whiter and prettier to me than the other two ACA stones in the comparison shot. ;-)

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Geez, that thing looks icy white! And huge!! Congrats!

And expert selection or no, it looks whiter and prettier to me than the other two ACA stones in the comparison shot. ;-)

So gorgeous! :love: A 3 ct on size 4! I wish!!! lol! My daughter has a WF premium select. I honestly can't see any difference in hers and my ACAs. Most of the ES and PS are beautiful and well worth considering if they have the specs someone wants.

LOL, thank you!

Words that come to mind when describing her, depending on the lighting, are steely, white and clear. I love the scintillation from the crown facets. I'm still getting used to a big stone that isn't tinted!

One thing I can confirm is that even with H color, there is a RANGE. When I initially inquired about this stone, WF said this one was closer to a G.

I'm so glad I switched to WF before my ring reached 5-figures. WF's upgrade policy has enabled me to take risks with specs and learn what works for me. Thanks again to Brittany, Vera and the rest of the team!

Last edited:

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, thank you!

Words that come to mind when describing her, depending on the lighting, are steely, white and clear. I love the scintillation from the crown facets. I'm still getting used to a big stone that isn't tinted!

One thing I can confirm is that even with H color, there is a RANGE. When I initially inquired about this stone, WF said this one was closer to a G.

I'm so glad I switched to WF before my ring reached 5-figures. WF's upgrade policy has enabled me to take risks with specs and learn what works for me. Thanks again to Brittany, Vera and the rest of the team!

View attachment 801585

Just stunning

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
Yowza! Loved your previous diamond but this one is even nicer. Congrats on the upgrade!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big white bombshell! Congratulations!
Just out of curiosity, is your wedding band 14k or 18k RG?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Big white bombshell! Congratulations!
Just out of curiosity, is your wedding band 14k or 18k RG?

Thank you! You are so perceptive. The e-ring is 14k and the band is 18k rose gold.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fabulous on you! So glad you are pleased with your new diamond. We will take lots more pics as time permits!

Merry Christmas TweetyBird23!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! You are so perceptive. The e-ring is 14k and the band is 18k rose gold.

Actually I wasn’t aware your e-ring is 14k, it’s absolutely stunning. I just asked because your wedding band in your beautiful photos has a really soft and luminous quality. I can’t see a color difference between the two In your photos though.
Gorgeous set!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Actually I wasn’t aware your e-ring is 14k, it’s absolutely stunning. I just asked because your wedding band in your beautiful photos has a really soft and luminous quality. I can’t see a color difference between the two In your photos though.
Gorgeous set!

Thank you! The band is Cartier 18k rg and the e-ring setting is from Whiteflash.

Whiteflash normally stocks the Elegant setting in 18k, which I did not know. So when I asked them for 14k, thinking this was their stock setting, they did a custom job. I didn’t even realize until months later that they did that. I would have been fine with 18k but it just goes to show how they go above and beyond!

Just a side edit: some people say Cartier’s pink gold fades over time and starts to look like yellow gold. It hasn’t been the case for this wedding band.

Last edited:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks fabulous on you! So glad you are pleased with your new diamond. We will take lots more pics as time permits!

Merry Christmas TweetyBird23!!

Thank you, MGR!

Merry, merry merry Christmas to you and yours!!:wavey:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats on your new lovely ring!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! Congratulations and merry Christmas!

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
congratulations @TweetyBird23. Gorgeous rock!

It is fun to see your upgrade journey. I have followed it when I did my upgrade I have to agree with you, WF's diamond upgrade policy is pretty sweet!

I have a question for you, I cannot quite tell from you setting. When you upgraded each time, did you have to order a brand new setting, or does your setting allow you to just change the setting's head.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! The setting has changed a couple of times. WF needed to change the platinum head to accommodate the larger stone.

The stone is really beautiful. The crown facets are super sparkly and, I hate to admit it, but after the initial euphoria of big, white and sparkly, I am seeing that the center is not as reflective/firey/sparkly as my old stone due to some light leakage. I am afraid I might have to go back to my previous ACA because I do see a difference or at least feel one. Whether it is cut, color, size, clarity or price... it is always something, isn't it?

There's so much going on this week so WF is going to hold my previous stone over the weekend so I can make a decision. My 2.5 H VS1 ACA was perfection. I am not sure I am 100% ready to trade it in for a lesser cut, albeit bigger and brighter. I hope I feel more settled with a decision in the coming week.

Anyway, everyone has been so supportive and sweet throughout my journey and I just want to be honest and transparent. Oy! It's really true. Much easier to find an eye clean stone than a mind clean one!

@MissGotRocks @diamondseeker2006

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! The setting has changed a couple of times. WF needed to change the platinum head to accommodate the larger stone.

The stone is really beautiful. The crown facets are super sparkly and, I hate to admit it, but after the initial euphoria of big, white and sparkly, I am seeing that the center is not as reflective/firey/sparkly as my old stone due to some light leakage. I am afraid I might have to go back to my previous ACA because I do see a difference or at least feel one. Whether it is cut, color, size, clarity or price... it is always something, isn't it?

There's so much going on this week so WF is going to hold my previous stone over the weekend so I can make a decision. My 2.5 H VS1 ACA was perfection. I am not sure I am 100% ready to trade it in for a lesser cut, albeit bigger and brighter. I hope I feel more settled with a decision in the coming week.

Anyway, everyone has been so supportive and sweet throughout my journey and I just want to be honest and transparent. Oy! It's really true. Much easier to find an eye clean stone than a mind clean one!

Take more pics! Videos would also help! At least the rest of us can chime in!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What is the easiest non-Youtube video platform to upload vids?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vimeo

WilliamBrownn

Rough_Rock
Trade
She's beautiful. A delightful piece of work, an incredibly beautiful ring. Congratulations

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, there always seems to be a compromise made somewhere. You've had superb cut and clarity and it really is hard to let go of something you really love. So wise to give yourself a week to mull it over and you will eventually decide what is right for you.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock

Glad they are holding your stone while you decide. I actually went on to WF to see if it was listed because I remember it being absolutely breathtaking! Good luck with your decision!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks amazing!!! I want your size 4 fingers!!! The rose gold is so pretty!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
There were times I contemplated whether I should have gone with ES to maximize the size (not too happy with my current size even though the rest is a perfection). But I knew that I would never be as happy as I am with my current stone (CBI). Once you have a super ideal, you can not go back. :D Even brightness of the ES stone cannot substitute for the cut and light return of the super ideal.

I guess, it is true with diamonds as well, that we do not know what we got till it is gone. Lol.
Observe what you have and if you are not 100% happy, get your old stone back. Perhaps, save up, proceed with gradual upgrades until you reach the desired size of a super ideal.

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad they are holding your stone while you decide. I actually went on to WF to see if it was listed because I remember it being absolutely breathtaking! Good luck with your decision!

^This! Your previous stone would get snapped up in a heartbeat!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The 3ct is beautiful and an incredible value for someone who wants a big, white, sparkly stone that isn’t an ACA.

I tried to love it but it was literally giving me hives last night. I put it away so I could be present with my family for the holiday lol.

I am sticking with my original stone for now because there isn’t a better replacement within my current budget and it would kill me if it got away!

I already spoke with Whiteflash and they’ve got my back. Will ship the 3ct back on Monday. This is why I will continue doing business with them!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you, but sorry to hear it didn't work out. Did the IS or ASET images show any leakage? Just curious how it missed the ACA designation.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you, but sorry to hear it didn't work out. Did the IS or ASET images show any leakage? Just curious how it missed the ACA designation.
It’s a terrific value. Blue Nile’s 3ct H SI options are priced higher and don’t compare.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results