shape
carat
color
clarity

New Whiteflash Upgrade! 3ct H SI1

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, exactly why dealing with a vendor with a large inventory and excellent upgrade policy is priceless! Even if you had kept this stone, I feel confident another would have come along that pleased you. But I do understand keeping the one you know you love until that time comes! Really, a 2.5 ct is huge on your size finger anyway!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a terrific value. Blue Nile’s 3ct H SI options are priced higher and don’t compare.

I see it now. Definitely less red under the table due to that very high crown angle. Someone else would love this combo, but we all have different preferences! It was good you had the chance to see that you prefer the ACA range of parameters!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, exactly why dealing with a vendor with a large inventory and excellent upgrade policy is priceless! Even if you had kept this stone, I feel confident another would have come along that pleased you. But I do understand keeping the one you know you love until that time comes! Really, a 2.5 ct is huge on your size finger anyway!

Thanks, DS! I am sure another beauty will come along eventually. Also, there is a big difference between 2.5 and 3ct. Maybe it’s psychological and affects how I carry it but I am comfortable with my day to day at 2.5. 3ct is glorious but crosses the threshold of, “Woah. That’s a big ass stone!”

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
She’s here!

Opened the package in the car and my first reaction was, “Gorgeous!”
I observed no tint in the car which is usually where it shows! Scintillation is off the charts.

I’ve had her for 2 seconds so still need to observe under different lighting conditions. I was honestly expecting to be disappointed given the Expert Selection designation but she is big, white and sparkly!!

2FA94E02-1C3C-41C4-BC97-E2629253B528.jpeg

00BB3F86-476F-482A-83FF-CB2C98C1EBB9.jpeg

Wow! That looks perfect on you!! Congrats! What setting do you have?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything is a learning curve right? You are learning about your preferences and tolerances. Happy holidays!

mtran89

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!

I was just wondering if this a medium or low set diamond?

My ring just finished and I was wanting my diamond set like yours! I asked them to set it lower but they said it was the lowest they could go, but it looks much higher than yours. I’m worried mine is too high.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! It’s Whiteflash’s Elegant setting. The stone is set “low-medium”. I was also concerned it was set too high from photos but they can only set a chunky diamond so low. I am sure your ring is gorgeous!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! It’s Whiteflash’s Elegant setting. The stone is set “low-medium”. I was also concerned it was set too high from photos but they can only set a chunky diamond so low. I am sure your ring is gorgeous!

WF is wonderful! Glad they still have your old stone but that 3ct size on you is perfection with your size 4 finger, I have to say.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Both of your stone is beautiful.. I’m drooling!
I think its a good thing that you got the ES tho, so you won’t be wondering which one is better decisions for your final stone. Coz if we don’t see it ourselves we’ll be always wondering.
to summarize the obvious, with both stones you’ll be upgrading in the future. Because even if you got your old 2.5ct back, you will get a 3ct later. And now you know your final stone would be definitely ACA. So the main question is, will you send this 3ct back and got 2.5ct again while waiting for the right one and enjoying the sparkle for this couple months or maybe a month, or you’ll stick with this 3ct and enjoying the presence of 3ct for couple months? Tough decision to make :)

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing your experience with the ES Stone. It’s so fun to follow your road to your “ideal” diamond (:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, DS! I am sure another beauty will come along eventually. Also, there is a big difference between 2.5 and 3ct. Maybe it’s psychological and affects how I carry it but I am comfortable with my day to day at 2.5. 3ct is glorious but crosses the threshold of, “Woah. That’s a big ass stone!”

I totally get that! My 2.3 is good for my lifestyle. However, I kind of would like a 2.5! :lol:

I couldn't pull off 3 cts where I live, as much as I'd love to have one! You'll figure out your ideal size. It may be that you have the perfect stone in your 2.5 H or maybe a step up to 2.7 would be the ideal upgrade!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I totally get that! My 2.3 is good for my lifestyle. However, I kind of would like a 2.5! :lol:

I couldn't pull off 3 cts where I live, as much as I'd love to have one! You'll figure out your ideal size. It may be that you have the perfect stone in your 2.5 H or maybe a step up to 2.7 would be the ideal upgrade!

I wouldn’t be mad at a 2.8 G VS1 ACA! :lol:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Agree, @diamondseeker2006. Would LOVE a 3ct for finger coverage but alas! It’s not conducive to where I live /work and so 8.4mm is my fine line. Even my husband thinks my current one is already a little too big . But it is his fault when he’s the one who mentioned that my original diamond is a bit small and I should upgrade hahah! He opened up a can of worms.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
They sure are! I am sure I will be tempted by more of their inventory in the coming year lol.

And I agree with others that when you go ACA, it’s hard to turn back. It’s probably just all in our heads ;-). I started with premium select, then ES, then ACA.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, you’re returning it?! Noooo! ;(

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, @TweetyBird23! It's beautiful, and it's a good, big diamond!

Wear in good health always. :wavey:

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful diamond ring. It looks phenomenal on your hand. Congrats!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! It looks great

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2.5 H VS1 ACA is back home. :B 7CCD1E21-E7C9-4B0F-96B0-E5F6AB76A86F.jpeg

The other stone was beautiful, but I could see why you wanted this one back. I think it is perfect and while it is hard to know in pictures, it appears it has much more scintillation to it!

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
Diamond comparison photos you posted are so helpful, I was surprised that there wasn't as big of a size difference between your current stone and the 3ct. It makes the 2.5 look like great value!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone! While there is a visual difference between 2.5ct and 3ct, I am much more at peace with this stone. The super ideal cut is mind clean. She sparkles like nobody’s business.

I will say that the 3ct, also an H, was noticeably whiter. I feel that my stones look whiter in white metal against my skin and rose gold highlights warmth.

All this to say, to each their own! I’ve enjoyed my journey with Whiteflash. They are a pleasure to work with and I am grateful to wear one of their beautiful rings! :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks as beautiful as ever - love the size on you. So glad you were able to get it back!

ellekay

Rough_Rock
Both of them look amazing on you, but that 2.5! What a gorgeous stone at a great size. And you have the most beautiful hands! I have tiny fingers, but my hands are not pretty.

Do you think you'll stick with the 2.5 for the long term, or are you still looking to bump up? I'm normally not a fan of solitaire settings, but yours looks fantastic on your hand. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both of them look amazing on you, but that 2.5! What a gorgeous stone at a great size. And you have the most beautiful hands! I have tiny fingers, but my hands are not pretty.

Do you think you'll stick with the 2.5 for the long term, or are you still looking to bump up? I'm normally not a fan of solitaire settings, but yours looks fantastic on your hand. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am sure your hands are very pretty! I thought of putting on nail polish (remembering a Legally Blonde scene where Elle laments that Selma Blair was wearing the 5 carat Harry Winston on "her bony unpolished finger" :lol:) but manicures have been put on the wayside these days!

I would love a D-G color 2.7-2.8 ACA with 76 LF. However, the 2.5 is big enough. I don't know anyone in my circle who wears anything bigger. My sister does have a 3ct D asscher solitaire but asschers face up smaller than rounds so I think the 2.5ct round and 3ct asscher are almost comparable in size.

Having said that, I am a serial upgrader so I am sure I will be scouting the Whiteflash inventory until I find an ACA I can't refuse. :B

Here are some pics I just snapped. :)

IMG_3891.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results