shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW New Ring Is Here! 2.305ct I color SI1 WF ACA

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations on your Anniversary and upgrade!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is perfect from every aspect, so huge congratulations on finally getting it right and being so happy with your ring!
Now let me talk about your hands: These are the most beautiful hands I've ever seen in my life....seriously... I can't believe that they are real!!!
Congratulations again!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is beautiful @bimo! Congratulations! I have the Valoria Petite in yellow-gold and I find it exquisite. I love the way the prongs
cupped the stone. It is perfect to me and I'm so glad you are happy with it! Enjoy your new ring!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful on you!

bimo

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone!!!

@Natylad you are too kind! I've always been insecure about my hands but this year's resolution is to practice self-love. =)2

@tyty333 I love your gold setting! Please do post more photos of your ring!

MinnBear

Rough_Rock
What a nice spread on your finger!
I went from an L to a J and it was a definite jump. I recently got a G and boy is there a difference! My ring is very similar to yours. Congratulations on the updgrade!

bimo

Rough_Rock
What a nice spread on your finger!
I went from an L to a J and it was a definite jump. I recently got a G and boy is there a difference! My ring is very similar to yours. Congratulations on the updgrade!
Is it this upgrade? :kiss2::kiss2: Congrats @MinnBear!!! I love the custom setting! So delicate!
My husband surprised me with purchasing a large upgrade. I have a custom eternity band with about 2.5mm RBs now but it was made by DK for an elongated cushion.
In order to have this setting for my new round stone it would have to be completely re-built costing both weeks on end and a lot more $.
The jeweler he purchased the diamond from offered to custom make me a dainty solitaire which I also love and could expedite production.
Anyone go from eternity to solitaire? Opinions? I’m so torn!
Pics of what my current setting and mock up of new solitaire B183F723-CC31-4F25-B41C-93CC5027B0A7.jpeg 9514B9EA-E9D5-4A58-8A17-115F8527DFF0.jpeg 999C65B1-4AA5-4402-9D16-8D41EDD97FD5.jpeg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Ya did good. it is stunning and so great that your fiancé gets it.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your upgrade and happy anniversary! It’s truly lovely and I hope you wear it for many years with joy and in good health.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous. Congratulations.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone,

I want to start off by saying thank you to the members of this forum! I've learned so much from reading the threads and the HCA Tool. Also massive thanks to the WF team for their amazing customer service!! :mrgreen2:

To provide some background information: my dear fiance proposed to me with a 1 ct diamond and I adore it still, but I knew I wanted a larger diamond in the far future. I have never expressed my desire to upgrade anytime soon, but on our one year engagement anniversary and holiday season, he told me he would like to gift me with a ring upgrade as a Christmas gift (It's a Christmas miracle!!). He gave me a budget and told me to pick whatever I want.

So I started the journey, did my research on Google and made a purchase at a well-known online shop. After that I stumbled upon PS forum and learned so much more about diamonds and what to look for beside the triple EX. I immediately canceled my order and started shopping for a WF ACA. To my surprise the ACA's prices are quite competitive with the other online stores. After countless hours spent on PS reading threads and admiring the rings on this forum, I set my heart on finding a diamond between 1.8 - 2.5ct, G-J, SI1-VS1 on a solitaire setting. For the clarity, I don't mind SI1 if the diamond is eye-clean without any dark inclusions. While I am color sensitive and can easily spot the color differences, my tolerance is quite high, so I didn't mind the lower colors.

I purchased a 1.857ct J VS1 (linked below) on the Exquisite Half Round setting in platinum. I wasn't truly happy with the setting but since the turnaround time for it was only 5 days, I bit the bullet and placed the order. After wearing it for a week I couldn't get over the tint especially from the side views, and I felt the ring was so heavy that the diamond would spin around my finger. I informed WF to start the return process and looked for another diamond. I wish I had taken photos of the ring when I had it for comparison.

I would say that I changed my mind about the diamond at least 5 times. The WF team, especially Liza, was so helpful and patient with me throughout the whole process.
I eventually ended up choosing THE diamond: 2.305ct I color SI1 (completely eye clean) in a custom Valoria setting with petite claw prongs in platinum. The setting is so light but so sturdy at the same time. I can also see some tint on the sideview but it's really faint and I don't mind it at all compared to the J.

Shout out to @tyty333 , @Dmndsr4evr11 , @MamaBee, and @Decision_Decisions for their amazing photos of their rings and reviews of the setting! :kiss2:

After waiting for almost 2 months, my baby is finally here!!!

Here are some photos:
(For reference I am a size 5.5)
Valoria-Petite-Six-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_67624_71877_g.jpg Valoria-Petite-Six-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_67624_71877_a.jpg 20220201_131159.jpg 20220201_131412.jpg 2022-02-01 13_20_19.582-0500.jpg 20220201_124057.jpg 2022-02-01 13_24_15.518-0500.jpg

Loves lovely on your hand

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on being JOTW!
That ring looks awesome on your hand!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your new ring is beautiful! :kiss2:

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect on you, congrats!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring and looks beautiful on your hand. Congratulations!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
You're ring is gorgeous and I'm so happy to hear that you're loving the Valoria. It is such a graceful and elegant setting.

I'm curious if you had WF take side by side pics of your old stone next to the new stone that you could share. The color looks pretty similar to me in the videos so it's really interesting that you are noticing a big difference in person. I ask as someone who has a J that I am very happy with, but may consider jumping up to a slightly higher color if/when I eventually upgrade. WF told me that it can be hard to tell the color difference between a J and an I once set and that they recommend going 2 color grades different to be sure it will be noticeable. It's encouraging that you are much happier with the I as the price jump to an H at that size is not small!

bimo

Rough_Rock
You're ring is gorgeous and I'm so happy to hear that you're loving the Valoria. It is such a graceful and elegant setting.

I'm curious if you had WF take side by side pics of your old stone next to the new stone that you could share. The color looks pretty similar to me in the videos so it's really interesting that you are noticing a big difference in person. I ask as someone who has a J that I am very happy with, but may consider jumping up to a slightly higher color if/when I eventually upgrade. WF told me that it can be hard to tell the color difference between a J and an I once set and that they recommend going 2 color grades different to be sure it will be noticeable. It's encouraging that you are much happier with the I as the price jump to an H at that size is not small!

Thank you everyone for your nice comments!!

Thank you as well @Decision_Decisions ! Unrelated, but I love your stack :kiss2:! I ordered my wedding band and it's very similar to yours!

I can say that I saw the most tint inside my car with the J, but other than that everything was fine! We were going to upgrade the color to G since my original ring is a G, but decided to sacrifice color for carat weight. Now with my current I diamond, I can still see some tint from time to time but I can tolerate it much more than the J.

WF and some other members also said the same about changing at least 2 color grades to see the difference, but I also heard about different tints and/or level of tints within the same color range :razz:.

I didn't ask for a comparison photo of the two and I didn't take any photo of the J before I sent it back either unfortunately. I also didn't ask for more photos of my current I either LOL.. I did however find these photos comparing the J to two other diamonds I was deciding on, hopefully it helps!

One thing I realized in the upgrade journey is everyone's preference is different, so I definitely tried hard to stay true to my own preferences. There have been times where I doubted my color or clarity when I'm on this forum, but I can barely notice any flaws or yellow tint when I look at my ring in person :mrgreen2:

thumbnail_SBS_1.760-1.901-1.857.jpg

thumbnail_TRAY_1.760-1.901-1.857.jpg

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
So gorgeous! That setting is perfect and I’m glad you found the color that works for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results