shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW New Ring Is Here! 2.305ct I color SI1 WF ACA

bimo

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I want to start off by saying thank you to the members of this forum! I've learned so much from reading the threads and the HCA Tool. Also massive thanks to the WF team for their amazing customer service!! :mrgreen2:

To provide some background information: my dear fiance proposed to me with a 1 ct diamond and I adore it still, but I knew I wanted a larger diamond in the far future. I have never expressed my desire to upgrade anytime soon, but on our one year engagement anniversary and holiday season, he told me he would like to gift me with a ring upgrade as a Christmas gift (It's a Christmas miracle!!). He gave me a budget and told me to pick whatever I want.

So I started the journey, did my research on Google and made a purchase at a well-known online shop. After that I stumbled upon PS forum and learned so much more about diamonds and what to look for beside the triple EX. I immediately canceled my order and started shopping for a WF ACA. To my surprise the ACA's prices are quite competitive with the other online stores. After countless hours spent on PS reading threads and admiring the rings on this forum, I set my heart on finding a diamond between 1.8 - 2.5ct, G-J, SI1-VS1 on a solitaire setting. For the clarity, I don't mind SI1 if the diamond is eye-clean without any dark inclusions. While I am color sensitive and can easily spot the color differences, my tolerance is quite high, so I didn't mind the lower colors.

I purchased a 1.857ct J VS1 (linked below) on the Exquisite Half Round setting in platinum. I wasn't truly happy with the setting but since the turnaround time for it was only 5 days, I bit the bullet and placed the order. After wearing it for a week I couldn't get over the tint especially from the side views, and I felt the ring was so heavy that the diamond would spin around my finger. I informed WF to start the return process and looked for another diamond. I wish I had taken photos of the ring when I had it for comparison.

I would say that I changed my mind about the diamond at least 5 times. The WF team, especially Liza, was so helpful and patient with me throughout the whole process.
I eventually ended up choosing THE diamond: 2.305ct I color SI1 (completely eye clean) in a custom Valoria setting with petite claw prongs in platinum. The setting is so light but so sturdy at the same time. I can also see some tint on the sideview but it's really faint and I don't mind it at all compared to the J.

Shout out to @tyty333 , @Dmndsr4evr11 , @MamaBee, and @Decision_Decisions for their amazing photos of their rings and reviews of the setting! :kiss2:

After waiting for almost 2 months, my baby is finally here!!!

Here are some photos:
(For reference I am a size 5.5)
Valoria-Petite-Six-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_67624_71877_g.jpg Valoria-Petite-Six-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_67624_71877_a.jpg 20220201_131159.jpg 20220201_131412.jpg 2022-02-01 13_20_19.582-0500.jpg 20220201_124057.jpg 2022-02-01 13_24_15.518-0500.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This is absolutely stunning!!! Congratulations :kiss2: Way to find your dream ring and diamond!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty! It looks gorgeous on you & congratulations on your 1 year engagement anniversary - he's definitely a keeper to offer this upgrade so soon!

bimo

Rough_Rock
What a beauty! It looks gorgeous on you & congratulations on your 1 year engagement anniversary - he's definitely a keeper to offer this upgrade so soon!

Thank you @Ally T ! He is the best :D We've had a great year and he wanted to celebrate through this gift.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh how beautiful!! It looks perfect on you, congratulations! Pretty hands too!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and it look gorgeous on your hand!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picture perfect stone :love: And your mount shows it off to its best!!

Hapy anniversary!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! What an gorgeous upgrade! Your diamond in the Valoria setting looks stunning! Happy Anniversary!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
So lovely! Enjoy it in good health and congratulations!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE... no.. no no no no.. and no. I CANT.. #perfection <3

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Outta the park! It's fantastic.
And Happy Anniversary!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
What a stunner - love hearing these types of stories!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, it’s beautiful! A lovey size on you. You have lovey hands btw.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. Classic elegance. Congrats!!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! This looks beautiful on you!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone and setting! And you have lovely hands as well!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone,

I want to start off by saying thank you to the members of this forum! I've learned so much from reading the threads and the HCA Tool. Also massive thanks to the WF team for their amazing customer service!! :mrgreen2:

To provide some background information: my dear fiance proposed to me with a 1 ct diamond and I adore it still, but I knew I wanted a larger diamond in the far future. I have never expressed my desire to upgrade anytime soon, but on our one year engagement anniversary and holiday season, he told me he would like to gift me with a ring upgrade as a Christmas gift (It's a Christmas miracle!!). He gave me a budget and told me to pick whatever I want.

So I started the journey, did my research on Google and made a purchase at a well-known online shop. After that I stumbled upon PS forum and learned so much more about diamonds and what to look for beside the triple EX. I immediately canceled my order and started shopping for a WF ACA. To my surprise the ACA's prices are quite competitive with the other online stores. After countless hours spent on PS reading threads and admiring the rings on this forum, I set my heart on finding a diamond between 1.8 - 2.5ct, G-J, SI1-VS1 on a solitaire setting. For the clarity, I don't mind SI1 if the diamond is eye-clean without any dark inclusions. While I am color sensitive and can easily spot the color differences, my tolerance is quite high, so I didn't mind the lower colors.

I purchased a 1.857ct J VS1 (linked below) on the Exquisite Half Round setting in platinum. I wasn't truly happy with the setting but since the turnaround time for it was only 5 days, I bit the bullet and placed the order. After wearing it for a week I couldn't get over the tint especially from the side views, and I felt the ring was so heavy that the diamond would spin around my finger. I informed WF to start the return process and looked for another diamond. I wish I had taken photos of the ring when I had it for comparison.

I would say that I changed my mind about the diamond at least 5 times. The WF team, especially Liza, was so helpful and patient with me throughout the whole process.
I eventually ended up choosing THE diamond: 2.305ct I color SI1 (completely eye clean) in a custom Valoria setting with petite claw prongs in platinum. The setting is so light but so sturdy at the same time. I can also see some tint on the sideview but it's really faint and I don't mind it at all compared to the J.

Shout out to @tyty333 , @Dmndsr4evr11 , @MamaBee, and @Decision_Decisions for their amazing photos of their rings and reviews of the setting! :kiss2:

After waiting for almost 2 months, my baby is finally here!!!

Here are some photos:
(For reference I am a size 5.5)
Valoria-Petite-Six-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_67624_71877_g.jpg Valoria-Petite-Six-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_67624_71877_a.jpg 20220201_131159.jpg 20220201_131412.jpg 2022-02-01 13_20_19.582-0500.jpg 20220201_124057.jpg 2022-02-01 13_24_15.518-0500.jpg

Awwwww!! Congrats, @bimo! Im glad you found your dream ring! It’s beautiful! You can’t go wrong with an ACA. I’m glad you found our posts helpful to help you decide. The Valoria is light but sturdy. @MamaBee has it in white gold so it may be a little lighter than the platinum. Mine is platinum as well and it’s substantial enough for me and you can’t beat the price. If I ever upgrade to a larger stone though, I may change the setting to a heftier setting.

Enjoy your new ring and please post more hang pics when you can.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwww!! Congrats, @bimo! Im glad you found your dream ring! It’s beautiful! You can’t go wrong with an ACA. I’m glad you found our posts helpful to help you decide. The Valoria is light but sturdy. @MamaBee has it in white gold so it may be a little lighter than the platinum. Mine is platinum as well and it’s substantial enough for me and you can’t beat the price. If I ever upgrade to a larger stone though, I may change the setting to a heftier setting.

I agree with @Dmndsr4evr11 The setting is lightweight but sturdy. I love the profile and the swoopiness (made up word..haha). It cradles the diamond..I ordered this setting twice. The first time I ordered in in 14k white gold as a temporary setting because the price was attractive. I knew I was upgrading in a year. I was pleasantly surprised how much I loved the setting. This time I ordered it again..but this time in 18k white gold which is my preferred metal. I love the whiteness..I always planned to reset it in a tapered baguette setting…but I just love this setting. It will be very hard to give it up..I may not…I love your petite claw prongs..:kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you! Congrats on such a lovely upgrade!

bimo

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments, especially about my hands :rodent:!! I'm so glad to have this forum as a safe space to share my new ring :D! Now I'll be on a quest to find my wedding band LOL

@Dmndsr4evr11 When I first put the ring on I noticed the band was so dainty compared to the diamond and at that time I wished I had requested for a thicker band width, but after wearing it for the full day it is quite substantial and couldn't be happier!

@MamaBee I remember reading your posts about the swoopiness of the setting and that's the perfect way to describe them!!! I even told my fiance how swoopy the prongs are and he was like what :lol:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

I just realized that what I meant to write as “ hand” ended up being written as “hang”. Haha. I’m sure you knew what I meant :) @bimo.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! A true classic. :))

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s so gorgeous, classic and timeless and you wear it beautifully!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful diamond and setting! It looks amazing on your hand!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and looks perfect on your hand :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results