shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW New OEC/transitional in custom floral halo yellow gold setting

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Ha! Thank you. I always like a nice gallery too.

I’m pretty happy with the cut but it’s not graded and I don’t have any specs on angles, etc. I also don’t have anything to compare it to really since it was an eBay purchase but it sparkles constantly in all lighting so I assume it must be cut well. I’m curious to hear what you are seeing in the photos that makes you say the cut is good?

@CaseyLouLou I'm not an expert by any means! But the stone looks to have good symmetry. It looks lively from the photos (indicating good cut) and seems to throw rainbow fire (decent depth). If you have calipers, I'd love to know what the depth percentage is. Old cuts are my new(ish) passion :geek2:

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
@CaseyLouLou I'm not an expert by any means! But the stone looks to have good symmetry. It looks lively from the photos (indicating good cut) and seems to throw rainbow fire (decent depth). If you have calipers, I'd love to know what the depth percentage is. Old cuts are my new(ish) passion :geek2:

So, the dimensions are 6.55x6.59x3.75 according to the listing when I purchased the ring. So the depth is approximately 57% I think…..

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for the positive reviews. It means a lot to me since my taste has definitely been influenced heavily by this forum.

I can’t resist posting one more photo of the colorful diamond.

25808172-195B-4D13-992D-910AF0CA8A07.jpeg

Absolutely breathtaking! I adore the yellow gold too!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So, the dimensions are 6.55x6.59x3.75 according to the listing when I purchased the ring. So the depth is approximately 57% I think…..

Oh interesting-so it's on the shallow side, but this seems to work on transitional cuts. Some times when the stone is too shallow or too deep you get a fish eye.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I love the flowers on each side !

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Oh interesting-so it's on the shallow side, but this seems to work on transitional cuts. Some times when the stone is too shallow or too deep you get a fish eye.

Luckily there’s no fish eye so I think I got more bang for my buck with the spread. I’m pretty sure it falls squarely in the transitional cut category. I seem to gravitate towards tranny more than OEC’s for some reason although I think they are both amazing. I had no idea before PS that old cuts have such good performance and so much personality.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! So buttery and rich looking. Enjoy!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your setting, who made it?

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I love your setting, who made it?

Thank you. I can tell you who made my ring but I don’t know who designed the original which has a much larger center around 3ct and mine was significantly smaller at only 1ct. I had a couple of other inspiration photos that I borrowed pieces from to make it work with my smaller stone. I also wanted a more elongated look for my hand and a bezel to enhance the warmth of my diamond.

The jeweler that I used was Karat Jewelry Group based in Chicago and I worked with Anna on the design. It took a few months to finalize all the details but it was worth the wait and was a smooth process.

Here is the original design and the other one I used for inspiration.

81735643-8D30-407E-AE79-79AD901915EF.jpeg BF36B87A-7D14-4B5E-88D5-59C67572EB63.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an absolutely gorgeous ring @CaseyLouLou!! Those flowers and the marquise stones, swoon! Such a beautiful diamond too. And congratulations of JOTW :appl:

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
This is an absolutely gorgeous ring @CaseyLouLou!! Those flowers and the marquise stones, swoon! Such a beautiful diamond too. And congratulations of JOTW :appl:

Thank you! I feel so honored with JOTW. Who do I thank for that?

The design really was mostly borrowed but I am very happy with the result of the alterations I made to it.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Gah, I love it. Love the yellow gold. Man, it’s gorgeous! Jealous, a little ;-)

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your OEC reset is Exquisite Perfection!!! Enjoy and Congrats on JOTW!!!

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. Just for fun, here is the original pinky ring setting.

E17AC15E-F365-453E-ABC2-A10DBE5FE0C6.jpeg

Ugh!!! That original pinky ring is not so cute!! :( But awesome forethought to buy and reset.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh!!! That original pinky ring is not so cute!! :( But awesome forethought to buy and reset.

Lol. It really wasn’t cute. I sometimes wore it around the house over the past 2 years to admire the diamond and imagine what it would look like. It wasn’t really hard to improve on what it was. It couldn’t get any worse!

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
This reminds me of collecting dandelions with my grandmother, such a warm and vibrant memory. I love the setting as well!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I can tell you who made my ring but I don’t know who designed the original which has a much larger center around 3ct and mine was significantly smaller at only 1ct. I had a couple of other inspiration photos that I borrowed pieces from to make it work with my smaller stone. I also wanted a more elongated look for my hand and a bezel to enhance the warmth of my diamond.

The jeweler that I used was Karat Jewelry Group based in Chicago and I worked with Anna on the design. It took a few months to finalize all the details but it was worth the wait and was a smooth process.

Here is the original design and the other one I used for inspiration.

81735643-8D30-407E-AE79-79AD901915EF.jpeg BF36B87A-7D14-4B5E-88D5-59C67572EB63.jpeg

Those are stunning inspirations and yours turned out even more stunning.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know how I missed this but this gorgeous!! I absolutely adore it. Enjoy wearing your new beauty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results