shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT New loot from WF!! Uprong w/ 15pt ACAs in unplated 14kWG :-)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Re: New loot from WF!! Uprong w/ 15pt ACAs in unplated 14kWG

I've been swamped with work and off PS for a week but had to find time to log on today because I've been waiting for this post! I adore eternities and MRBs and this is everything I thought it would be! Incredible! I would be so ecstatic to be coming to Vegas to get to see this beauty (and your five stone and your earrings and your bracelet and your RDG...) in person. Major pouty face.

You've got me so curious about unplated WG. I may have to order a band to see if I like the color on me. I love yellow gold and think it looks best on my skin tone, but I also love the Deco aesthetic and think those pieces look better in white metals. So this might be the best solution.

I can't wait to see your ering's face lift. I so hope you're planning to share on PS! (I totally understand and respect why you're not going to share your RDG piece but selfishly wish you were!).

Congrats!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rosebloom|1369259584|3452074 said:
I've been swamped with work and off PS for a week but had to find time to log on today because I've been waiting for this post! I adore eternities and MRBs and this is everything I thought it would be! Incredible! I would be so ecstatic to be coming to Vegas to get to see this beauty (and your five stone and your earrings and your bracelet and your RDG...) in person. Major pouty face.

You've got me so curious about unplated WG. I may have to order a band to see if I like the color on me. I love yellow gold and think it looks best on my skin tone, but I also love the Deco aesthetic and think those pieces look better in white metals. So this might be the best solution.

I can't wait to see your ering's face lift. I so hope you're planning to share on PS! (I totally understand and respect why you're not going to share your RDG piece but selfishly wish you were!).

Congrats!!

Ohh Rosebloom thank you so much!!! I really do love this band :love: It's so wearable - it somehow manages to look just as appropriate with a Tshirt and jeans as with a dress, and it feels *so* much sturdier than any of my Ering settings - I love that I really don't worry about it at all!

I promise to take some family pics when the family's back together!! Everything's off in the ether at the moment :sick:

I did think about posting the RDG after all but... that's a sticky topic isn't it? Ultimately I guess I'm confident that I'd react poorly to some of the potential consequences so it's probably best I just avoid the possibility altogether, y'know? Of course the other half of me is disappointed because I know how much I enjoy seeing process photos of handforged pieces... but the fact that RDG doesn't want more PS business anyway does make it an easier decision.

Well before I can ramble too much - careful with the unplated wg, it's addictive!! :bigsmile: Do you have a band/vendor in mind? I'd suggest e-wb if you're still looking - they've helped me out a ton with colour matching and whatnot ::) Actually, are you contactable off the forum? I'm pretty sure I have a handful, I'll have to look when I get home...

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a lovely eternity-- makes me want one, too! Congrats!

kathness

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful ring!!!! It's you very well! Uber jealous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rosebloom :wavey: I just sent you a message through LT ::)

derbygal, kathness, thank you!! It's been thunderstorm after thunderstorm out here, I'm impatiently waiting for the sun to come back out to get some more pics...

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock

Arresting! :love: Looks perfect on you! Must remind myself... one.project.at.a.time. But one day I will have one of these beauties! Thanks for the eye candy. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elysian|1371157771|3465307 said:
Arresting! :love: Looks perfect on you! Must remind myself... one.project.at.a.time. But one day I will have one of these beauties! Thanks for the eye candy. :)

LOL! I've wanted an eternity like this for years but in terms of timing this wound up being sorta an "in the meantime" project whilst I waited for another ring, and I couldn't wait for this one to come in so I started another "in the meantime" project to get me through this one... so I guess that'd be three layers deep? :bigsmile:
Thank you! I wear it every day ::)

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie|1371159079|3465323 said:

LOL! I've wanted an eternity like this for years but in terms of timing this wound up being sorta an "in the meantime" project whilst I waited for another ring, and I couldn't wait for this one to come in so I started another "in the meantime" project to get me through this one... so I guess that'd be three layers deep? :bigsmile:
It's good to know I'm not the only one to start several layers of projects while "waiting" for others to finish LOL :lol: . This is another eternity band that I never tire of looking at, it's sooooooo beautiful!!! WF really does a great job every time. Now that you've had it for a short while, is it still comfortable enough to wear everyday?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Roxy|1371163159|3465372 said:

It's good to know I'm not the only one to start several layers of projects while "waiting" for others to finish LOL :lol: . This is another eternity band that I never tire of looking at, it's sooooooo beautiful!!! WF really does a great job every time. Now that you've had it for a short while, is it still comfortable enough to wear everyday?

Hah! Yup, sounds like we're made of the same stuff :bigsmile: but as I told DH, at least the further in you step the smaller in scope the projects become, right?

It's still not a "forget about it" ring, even a month later - I think it's just too high-profile in terms of how high off the finger the stones sit. The stones actually look to be set pretty much as low as possible though, so I guess the only way to reduce the height significantly would be to go with smaller stones! It's not uncomfortable by any means, I just have to force myself not to fiddle with it. I've been wearing it with a band closer to the palm - I like how it looks and it stops it from rubbing where the fingers meet - it is a bit scratchy without that buffer.

I really should send it back to have it sized down a bit... I just don't want to part with it!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie|1371168506|3465436 said:

Hah! Yup, sounds like we're made of the same stuff :bigsmile: but as I told DH, at least the further in you step the smaller in scope the projects become, right?

It's still not a "forget about it" ring, even a month later - I think it's just too high-profile in terms of how high off the finger the stones sit. The stones actually look to be set pretty much as low as possible though, so I guess the only way to reduce the height significantly would be to go with smaller stones! It's not uncomfortable by any means, I just have to force myself not to fiddle with it. I've been wearing it with a band closer to the palm - I like how it looks and it stops it from rubbing where the fingers meet - it is a bit scratchy without that buffer.

I really should send it back to have it sized down a bit... I just don't want to part with it!
Ok, first off I dare say that there's NO WAY this ring will EVER be a "forget about it" ring hahaha :lol: ! Just teasing, I totally understood what you meant by that and "forgettable" just doesn't come to mind when looking at your ring, not at chance :bigsmile: !!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How in the world did I miss this? Absolutely stunning yssie! The stones are the perfect size, and in fact look very substantial on your hand - I just adore the look of an eternity band, so elegant and classic - congrats and enjoy all the blingy goodness! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Roxy|1371262383|3466241 said:
Yssie|1371168506|3465436 said:

Ok, first off I dare say that there's NO WAY this ring will EVER be a "forget about it" ring hahaha :lol: ! Just teasing, I totally understood what you meant by that and "forgettable" just doesn't come to mind when looking at your ring, not at chance :bigsmile: !!

LOL, okay, fair enough!! It's not shy - but it's a band, and bands always seem like they should be more demure than single honker rocks... Don't they?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17|1371263048|3466255 said:
How in the world did I miss this? Absolutely stunning yssie! The stones are the perfect size, and in fact look very substantial on your hand - I just adore the look of an eternity band, so elegant and classic - congrats and enjoy all the blingy goodness! :love:

Thank you june!! I love wearing it - it somehow makes me feel so very "married for many years"! I love that it's so low-maintenance, too - I wouldn't have thought I'd ever consider a diamond band hardier than plain metal but the non-clawed shared-prongs seem so much sturdier, even holding two stones instead of one, and the entire thing is so much more low-profile... it's perfect for daily wear and I intend to take every advantage of that fact :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1371271861|3466314 said:
junebug17|1371263048|3466255 said:

Thank you june!! I love wearing it - it somehow makes me feel so very "married for many years"! I love that it's so low-maintenance, too - I wouldn't have thought I'd ever consider a diamond band hardier than plain metal but the non-clawed shared-prongs seem so much sturdier, even holding two stones instead of one, and the entire thing is so much more low-profile... it's perfect for daily wear and I intend to take every advantage of that fact :bigsmile:

I was going to say the same thing - how in the world did I miss this? Was I in a coma that week? Your ring is amazing and gorgeous. It looks terrific on your hand. I could never wear this while driving a car I'd get in a car accident just looking at that ring. Congratulations!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

:love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Man.... This ring is even more beautiful in real life!!! I can't believe I saw those teeny tiny arrows!!! And I can't believe that this ring wouldn't even go on my pinky!! *Harrumph!!*

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Marcy ::) I love the size, I originally wanted 20pointers but the 15s are blingy without getting in the way of using my hands at work. Of course, I'm sure I could've adjusted to the 20pts if given no alternatives!

Now that I have all my bling back the drive to work on a sunny day is a thoroughly enjoyable experience :bigsmile:

Orchid, thank you! And YT - it's sizable!

Sadly this morning I discovered that six (six!!) of my stones are loose, so it's gotta go back to WF ;( I have no idea what happened - I'm usually so careful with rings!! But hopefully it's a really quick and easy fix :sick:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't tell you how much I love my sister ring to yours! (10 PT yg) So comfortable! Now I better go check for loose stones :roll:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby|1371475722|3467304 said:
I can't tell you how much I love my sister ring to yours! (10 PT yg) So comfortable! Now I better go check for loose stones :roll:

I laughed out loud. Two of them were just barely wiggling but four were really loose - it's on its way back and hopefully Leon can tell me if I'm being too hard on it without realising it :sick:

How do you wear yours - do you wear it by itself? I tried wearing mine by itself for day but it became really uncomfortable after a couple of hours - I'd underestimated how much I needed the buffer of a plain band closer to the palm. Lucky that I happen to prefer the way it looks next to a band on me! I wonder where the comfort cutoff is though - would you find fifteen as comfortable as your tens? Would I find tens significantly more comfortable?

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

OMG! Love love love it! One day, I'd like to get their U prong 5 stone. For now, I will just sit green with envy and drool over yours! ;-)

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie congratulations on your anniversary/birthday and your gorgeous ring. Love the 15 pointers for an eternity, perfect size :wavey:

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock

I know this is an old thread but I just had to come put of lurkdom to ask Yssie, did you ever manage to snap a photo of this ring and your 5 stone? I'm trying to decide between the two myself, and you just happened to have the same size finger as me, and the same ring and size I am looking at!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results