shape
carat
color
clarity

New Lady in Waiting, Hoping to be part of the group!

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ladies!

Wondering if anyone has any updates?? Ariadne, how's your ring coming? Any word if it's back from the jeweler yet? how are all of your events that you have coming up this month?

Things are pretty normal on this end. Did a little bit of fixing and carving on my wax and I think the ring is OFFICALLY ready for casting. My boss is back from vacation, she just needs the stone. I've been trying not to bug my BF about bringing it over there, but we need it to make sure everything looks right and fits before we actually cast in gold. Hopefully my boss is lighting a fire under his behind to bring it in!!!

I've been starting to get anxious about getting married again... Yesterday was my little sister's 7th wedding anniversary (they got married very young) and I showed my BF a few pictures.... and he asked if I was going to make him wear an "ugly white tux" like what my brother in law wore, and I was like "well, hypothetically, as long as you show up I really don't care as long as it's clean" lol... He said he'd probably just consult my dad when that time comes. My parents are coming to visit us for two weeks at the end of this month. I'm pretty sure that my BF and my dad are going to have THAT important discussion, but I'm kind of starting to feel over all of the secretiveness. I really want to have open conversations about what our plans might be because my parents and I are going to be cruising around the area where we think we might like to get married. I would love to actually be able to look at things as possible wedding venues and to get information on that kind of stuff without feeling like a crazy obsessed girlfriend, but he kind of made me promise not to talk about wedding stuff until we are formally engaged. :wall: :wall: Anyone else know what I mean? It's kind of frustrating....

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well, my ring was just approved design-wise so the bench should be starting on it pretty soon. No idea what time frame we are looking at. I am trying to be distracted by setting everything up since we've now moved and are in the new apartment. I feel you on the frustration because I had originally hoped to be engaged by this weekend but that's obviously not happening. I am trying really hard not to dwell on it.

I totally understand where you are coming from. It would be so nice to start planning everything but before you announce it, you look like a crazy person. Because my boyfriend just started school, there's been a lot of welcome events and I am getting seriously irritated as being introduced as his girlfriend.

So mostly waiting and annoyance over here. I hope your boyfriend brings in the stone so you can get casting. And have some good news to report. :)

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1470787495|4064066 said:
Well, my ring was just approved design-wise so the bench should be starting on it pretty soon. No idea what time frame we are looking at. I am trying to be distracted by setting everything up since we've now moved and are in the new apartment. I feel you on the frustration because I had originally hoped to be engaged by this weekend but that's obviously not happening. I am trying really hard not to dwell on it.

I totally understand where you are coming from. It would be so nice to start planning everything but before you announce it, you look like a crazy person. Because my boyfriend just started school, there's been a lot of welcome events and I am getting seriously irritated as being introduced as his girlfriend.

So mostly waiting and annoyance over here. I hope your boyfriend brings in the stone so you can get casting. And have some good news to report. :)

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one having anxiety about all of it. How did your move go? Was everything smooth for you? How's decorating your apartment? I hope you're having fun with it! You guys already lived together before right? I hope his classes are going well and that he's not too stressed out! Have you started a new job? That's super distracting and stressful too!

I had a mini melt down last night with my BF that was so stupid and insecure, but I did get a lot off of my chest. He told me that yes, he did give my boss permission to let me build my ring, much to his dismay because he really wanted the ring to be a surprise. I told him that everything else with the proposal can be a surprise, but I feel like I burst his bubble a little by wanting to be so involved. He said it hasn't happened yet because it's taken him a while to be comfortable with the idea of getting married because he never thought he would and that as of now he doesn't have a ring in his possession or has asked my dad for permission yet and both of those things are coming up pretty soon so he didn't know why I was so upset. I think casting is happening this weekend though, so that's pretty exciting and I guess he brought my stone by the store but I don't think he gave it to my boss, only showed it to her again which is super weird to me because I want everything to get put together! UGh....

Anyway... I've been thinking that I'd love to get him some kind of engagement present... Any suggestions? I wish I could get him a gun he's been wanting but I'd be nervous that it wouldn't be the right kind and they're pretty expensive... Then I was thinking about accessories for his new (to him) motorcycle but I'm worried that it wouldn't be personal enough :-/ what do you think?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The move was a bit rocky but everything is (almost) in place. It's definitely different. We lived together in college but that was on campus so it's a new experience. I have been job searching. It's been pretty frustrating but I have my fingers crossed I'll find something soon. That probably doesn't help my stress.

I totally understand where you are at. I hate "soon". What does that mean? I am sorry that you've been so anxious. I hope your bf will actually drop the stone off so you can build your ring. Going into casting soon must be really exciting.

I know watches are the traditional engagement/wedding present. That's a problem for me because my bf hates wearing watches. I am in the same boat. Everything I can think that he would want is temporary. Like he might upgrade the computer (or in your case motorcycle) someday and then not need the present. And since the ering is something you'll use forever, it seems weirdly unequal to get something they may not use forever too. I wish I had an idea.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1471284162|4066283 said:
The move was a bit rocky but everything is (almost) in place. It's definitely different. We lived together in college but that was on campus so it's a new experience. I have been job searching. It's been pretty frustrating but I have my fingers crossed I'll find something soon. That probably doesn't help my stress.

I totally understand where you are at. I hate "soon". What does that mean? I am sorry that you've been so anxious. I hope your bf will actually drop the stone off so you can build your ring. Going into casting soon must be really exciting.

I know watches are the traditional engagement/wedding present. That's a problem for me because my bf hates wearing watches. I am in the same boat. Everything I can think that he would want is temporary. Like he might upgrade the computer (or in your case motorcycle) someday and then not need the present. And since the ering is something you'll use forever, it seems weirdly unequal to get something they may not use forever too. I wish I had an idea.

I know this sounds dumb, but I'm so glad that we are all in the same boat here and can help each other with this! It's so nice to have people to talk to. Weddingbee is a great forum, but this is so much smaller that I feel like it's easier to keep in touch with individual people :)

I'm sorry that your move was kind of rocky and that you're having difficulties finding a job... That's so hard :-\ Have you had any promising interviews? Or any interviews at all? When I moved into the valley we live in, it was so hard just to find someone who would email me to let me know that they got my application, let alone ask for an interview. Is there a local job service there that you might find some guidance at? Or what about temp agencies?

I am officially not building my ring anymore..... I really wanted to be in on everything, but the more I talked to my BF about it, the more I was realizing just HOW disappointed he was that the whole ring/proposal wouldn't be that totally traditional out of the blue surprise. So, last week I took some more pictures of the ready to be casted wax and gave it back to my manager. I told her what I wanted and how I wanted it to be and said that I knew they'd do a beautiful job, but I didn't want to see it until he give it to me. *sigh* I'm a little bummed, but in the long run, I DID get to make the wax how I wanted it and hopefully the proposal will be more special for him now that I won't see the finished ring before he gives it to me. I am pretty excited for that surprise though ;-) I think I will probably try to build his ring for him which will hopefully be pretty cool for both of us :)

I found a gift for him too!!! I'm pretty proud of myself for coming up with it :razz: I got him a .999 1oz bar of fine silver with a rose on the front and a little sentiment from me on the back with our names and anniversary date :) :love: Plus I got a few little grams of silver just because I thought they were cool. I think he's going to love it and I'm pretty excited to give it to him :D For some reason I started looking at money clips with silver coins in them and found a money clip that was a 1oz bar on Etsy. After kind of ruling it out the money clip idea because he already carries so much in his pockets, I remembered that he was SUPER into the idea of buying and stocking up on silver a few months ago. Since it's a pretty decent price right now, I thought what a great present! It's sentimental and kind of like an investment all in one :D

Have you thought of a gift for your BF yet? Are you wanting to give him something? Any word on your ring and when you might get to see it in person??? ;-)

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Haven't gotten any interviews yet. Though I have my fingers crossed. I just keep sending out more applications. Something is bound to turn up. :)

I am sorry that you won't be building your ring. It is nice that you got to do so much with designing it though. It's whatever works for the two of you. That's such a great present you got for him. It's quite literally precious. I am sure he will love it; the gift itself and that you remembered that he had been talking about it.

I am still waiting to hear about any ring progress. It's only been a week and a half since they started on it so I probably have a few more weeks to go.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1471643085|4067833 said:
Haven't gotten any interviews yet. Though I have my fingers crossed. I just keep sending out more applications. Something is bound to turn up. :)

I am sorry that you won't be building your ring. It is nice that you got to do so much with designing it though. It's whatever works for the two of you. That's such a great present you got for him. It's quite literally precious. I am sure he will love it; the gift itself and that you remembered that he had been talking about it.

I am still waiting to hear about any ring progress. It's only been a week and a half since they started on it so I probably have a few more weeks to go.

Hey Lady! Just wanted to catch up! How's life? Have you found a job yet? or at least anything promising? Any news on your ring?

My silver came and it's perfect :love: Now I just have to wait until he proposes to give it to him... so it's sitting hidden in our bedroom right now. I kind of was thinking/hoping that he'd propose when my parents were here last week, but it didn't happen and they're on their way home now. However, I'm sure that he had a talk with my dad when they took an afternoon to go shooting (he came home all giddy and lovey dovey) and my stone is gone out of the safe... Hopefully it'll be done soon and I'll get to show you all this gorgeous ring!! :D

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Life is going okay. Still no job. -sigh- And my bf is studying for a big test on Friday. So we've been really focused on that. I am master of the flashcards.

Ring-wise, my ring is done. It's currently at the appraiser and Grace thinks she'll have it back by the end of the week. I am super excited. My bf still hasn't decided if he wants to take the ring and propose or just have me wear the ring as soon as we get it because we've already agreed to be married. But soon I'll get to tell all my friends and family and start actually planning the wedding. Which I am totally looking forward to.

I am so excited that your silver came in and your stone has (hopefully) gone off to be set! You must be brimming with excitement. I am so happy that your bf had time to talk to your dad, you are one step closer now.

I wonder which one of us will post the happy news first. :love: It looks like we are both getting really close.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1473361921|4074426 said:
Life is going okay. Still no job. -sigh- And my bf is studying for a big test on Friday. So we've been really focused on that. I am master of the flashcards.

Ring-wise, my ring is done. It's currently at the appraiser and Grace thinks she'll have it back by the end of the week. I am super excited. My bf still hasn't decided if he wants to take the ring and propose or just have me wear the ring as soon as we get it because we've already agreed to be married. But soon I'll get to tell all my friends and family and start actually planning the wedding. Which I am totally looking forward to.

I am so excited that your silver came in and your stone has (hopefully) gone off to be set! You must be brimming with excitement. I am so happy that your bf had time to talk to your dad, you are one step closer now.

I wonder which one of us will post the happy news first. :love: It looks like we are both getting really close.

Hey! How did your BF's exam go? You said Friday, so I'm assuming it was today?.... It's so sweet of you to help him study "Master of the Flashcards" ;-) I hope it went well!!! :D

That's so exciting that your ring is done!!! Have you and your BF talked anymore about whether or not there will be a formal proposal or if you're just going to start wearing the ring?

I went to work at the store tonight and found out that my ring has been cast ;-) I was innocently interrogating my co worker about it earlier in my shift. Later when my manager was teaching me how to polish gold :dance: she used my ring as a (verbal) example. She thought I knew it had been cast, but I haven't seen it since it was a piece of wax and had no idea where it was in the process. Even when I showed my mom the mold, I just handed her the box it was in and told her to look inside but not to show me lol. It's getting really really close!!!!! :love: :dance: Maybe I'll find out more about it at work tomorrow ;-)

It's funny that you mention posting happy news, I was wondering the same thing the other day :D I think it'll be you first, but you never know I guess. Since it didn't happen when my parents were here, my next prediction is my birthday. I turn 30 in November, so maybe? My ring should certainly be finished by then ;-) :love: :love: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I know you had a lot going on in August, but do you have any events coming up this fall that you think might give him an opportunity if he decides to do a proposal?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
He passed the test! Which was a very good thing. And even better, there's a couple months until the next one.

I am so excited that you have a ring! I'm sure it looks beautiful even if you can't see it. The best part is that you know it's the design you wanted and you'll end up with your perfect ring. Though I hope you don't have to wait until the end of November! Hopefully they'll be plenty of romantic occasions in the new few months.

My ring just arrived today, a few minutes ago. And my boyfriend did decide he'd take the ring and propose later. Mostly so he can torture me by making me wait. :devil: How rude! But I am excited to see how he proposes. Now that it's September, no particular event is happening for a long time so I think he'll just turn a random date night into proposal night.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1473788286|4075932 said:
He passed the test! Which was a very good thing. And even better, there's a couple months until the next one.

I am so excited that you have a ring! I'm sure it looks beautiful even if you can't see it. The best part is that you know it's the design you wanted and you'll end up with your perfect ring. Though I hope you don't have to wait until the end of November! Hopefully they'll be plenty of romantic occasions in the new few months.

My ring just arrived today, a few minutes ago. And my boyfriend did decide he'd take the ring and propose later. Mostly so he can torture me by making me wait. :devil: How rude! But I am excited to see how he proposes. Now that it's September, no particular event is happening for a long time so I think he'll just turn a random date night into proposal night.

YAY!!!! Did you get to see it finished????? I can't wait to see pictures and to hear what he comes up with!!! Sounds like it's coming really soon lady!! :D:D Do you think he'll make you wait for long? I'm glad to hear that he passed his test and can hopefully relax a little bit and just focus on classes before preparing for the next one :)

I have no idea where mine is in production beyond it's been cast and the stone isn't in the safe... beyond that, I have no idea how long it'll be before it's done. I'm working on finishing a ring at work. It's a lot simpler than mine and still took me almost all day to get it 3/4 of the way done. So who knows? I have noticed that I've started to freak out every time we go somewhere to do something, whether it's a short hike or out to dinner... UGH poor guy gets to deal with a whole lot of crazy until he proposes... I'm trying to behave myself.... Keep me in the loop! Can't wait to see that pretty ring!

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
WE'RE ENGAGED!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
My ring is SPECTACULAR!! Better than I ever had it pictured in my mind!! He took me TOTALLY by surprise and it was the sweetest, most beautiful, simple, romantic proposal that I could have ever dreamed of!!!! :love: :love:
received_10100109058599196.jpg
received_10100109058584226.jpg
received_10100109058579236.jpg
received_10100109058574246.jpg
received_10100109058569256.jpg
received_10100109058564266.jpg
received_10100109058554286.jpg
We went up to an overlook near our home to get our dog out of the house and get some exercise. When we got to the top the sun was setting and it was so pretty so we walked around, took some pictures, talked about our future and tried to keep our dog from chasing chipmunks off the cliff lol. Then we went and sat on a rock and watched the sunset and I heard him open the Velcro on his shorts, but didn't think anything of it. Then he was on the ground and I couldn't figure out what the heck he was doing when he pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him :love: I was so surprised that it took probably a minute of "oh my god, are you serious? omg you're kidding" before he was like "so, is that a yes?" I don't even know how I made it down the mountain without killing myself because my hand was stuck straight out in front of my face just staring at the ring the whole way lol. It was beautiful and everything we could have ever wanted. :dance: :love: :dance: :love: :dance: :love:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting, Imcriss!! Congratulations to you and your fiance! I love that he was able to surprise you while you were doing something you enjoy in a place you love. Perfect proposal.

Your ring is beautiful and I love the orientation of the sapphire. :love:

Best wishes for life full of happiness to both of you.

I haven't been on in a while but saw your update come through my phone so had to come sign on.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

First of all, how romantic! That is a beautiful, wonderful proposal! He knew what would be just perfect for the two of you! Secondly, that ring is amazing! It came out brilliantly! You must be over the moon!!

We will need at least another dozen pictures! And we want to hear all about the wedding planning!

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the well wishes ladies!!!

Here's a better (clearer) picture of my pretty ring! When he originally proposed, I thought it fit perfectly. However, after wearing it for a couple of days, I realized that it needed to be a little bit tighter, so I still got to do some finishing on it after my boss sized it :D
copy_of_img_20160915_210210.jpg

Now, we're starting to plan and I already can't wait to get the whole wedding over with lol. We have a year though, Going to get married next fall (September or October)

Anyway... how are all of you doing?!

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It gorgeous! I have the same ring sizing problem as you. Mine won't be ready to wear until October because I need to get the sizing figured out. I am glad you got to do some of the work on it after all.

How did telling your friends and family go? Was it super exciting? Your parents already knew though right? Because he had asked your dad.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1474316772|4078496 said:
It gorgeous! I have the same ring sizing problem as you. Mine won't be ready to wear until October because I need to get the sizing figured out. I am glad you got to do some of the work on it after all.

How did telling your friends and family go? Was it super exciting? Your parents already knew though right? Because he had asked your dad.

Ugh OCTOBER?! Hopefully it's the BEGINNING of October ;-) I bet he has something really beautiful planned for you! :D :love:

We called my parents first and they were over the moon :) They of course knew it was coming soon. When he was telling me about asking my dad, it was so cute. You would have thought he was proposing to my dad the way he reacted :razz: :love: Then, I found out that he had picked up the ring before my parents left and had showed it to my mom. :D That made me sooooo happy because I really REALLY wanted her to at least be able to see the stone in person.

Telling the rest of my friends and family went really well. Everyone was genuinely happy for us and if they had any "well it's about time" quips, they kept them to themselves. haha. I had one hiccup when telling my aunt because she asked where we were going to get married and was king of upset when I told her that we are getting married here rather than there. I think she understood the reasons when I explained them, but I still felt kind of bad after that conversation. I sent an email to Mastercut Gems with some pictures of my ring and they pretty much freaked out ;-) They sent an email asking if they could put it on their facebook page which I said ABSOULTELY and told them lots about the design and the process, so that was fun.

Now we're planning... or at least I am... I have this vision of a casual backyard wedding just in someone else's backyard, so we're looking for vacation rentals that we'd be able to put some out of town guests in. I'm already frustrated and hating it lol I wish we could just elope! :razz:

Anyway, how are things on your end? How's BF's school? Have you had any luck on the job hunt? Are you guys settling in ok in your new city?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am glad all your friends and family were as excited as you! It must be such a compliment to have your ring up on the website. Can you imagine someone seeing it and being like "yes this is totally what I want"? Like you'll end up being someone's dream engagement ring, someone other than you obviously. ;-)

Oh no. Is the planning that bad? Or is it just overwhelming? Now I'm scared.

School is going well. Though unfortunately this week, we both got sick. Blegh. It's something he caught at school, most of the other students are out too. As for LA, I'm not really a fan. I don't think I am a big city kinda person. I am more of a suburb/smaller town kinda gal. But it's only for 4 years. Thankfully, my ring should be finished finished by the beginning of October. It's hard to be patient but I drop it off for resizing tomorrow.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1474656070|4080037 said:
I am glad all your friends and family were as excited as you! It must be such a compliment to have your ring up on the website. Can you imagine someone seeing it and being like "yes this is totally what I want"? Like you'll end up being someone's dream engagement ring, someone other than you obviously. ;-)

Oh no. Is the planning that bad? Or is it just overwhelming? Now I'm scared.

School is going well. Though unfortunately this week, we both got sick. Blegh. It's something he caught at school, most of the other students are out too. As for LA, I'm not really a fan. I don't think I am a big city kinda person. I am more of a suburb/smaller town kinda gal. But it's only for 4 years. Thankfully, my ring should be finished finished by the beginning of October. It's hard to be patient but I drop it off for resizing tomorrow.

It was pretty cool that they liked it enough to write a little blurb about my ring and post it on their FB :D It would be pretty cool if the design took off and everyone started doing stuff like it. I always miss the boat on any kind of fashion (kind of like how I really loved halo settings and other mountings from the Edwardian era before they got really popular) so I'm glad that I was able to have something beautiful that no one else has (yet ;-)).

Sorry! I don't mean to scare you!! I'm just feeling overwhelmed. I really think once we figure out "where and when" things will calm down and the rest will be super fun, but he's so weirdly opposed to spending money for a wedding when we want to think about buying a house (even though he's thinking about buying ANOTHER motorcycle "because it's a good deal and he could sell it for more" blah blah blah...) SO Frustrating! Apparently, He went to a wedding once where the couple got married next to a waterfall and then had the reception at a park or campground or something and it was super nice and super cheap. Honestly, I think it probably cost more than he thinks it did and he just doesn't understand why on earth it wouldn't be the same for us. He LITERALLY thinks that we'll be able to have a nice wedding (with guests) for under $1000. I told him that the only way that would work is if he wanted to do the reception at our house which he absolutely doesn't want to do. I have this vision of renting a vacation house that has a pretty back yard to have a "backyard wedding" in for the reception and where some out of town family could stay and then going somewhere pretty for the ceremony. We found a GREAT house that will let us do it there for a GREAT price but he's experiencing sticker shock(it would be around $1500 for 3 nights and using the gorgeous backyard for the reception). Even when I show him that for less time the hotels and banquet rooms in town are MORE expensive.

ARGH!!! I'm sure choosing a venue will be MUCH easier for you and your BF!!! sorry for my rant :razz: There are things that I'm super excited for like finding my wedding dress, and making my centerpieces and all of the other fun DIY stuff :D

That sucks that you were sick! I hope you're both feeling better? It didn't hang on too long I hope? I'm sorry that LA isn't agreeing with you... It'll be over before you know it and then you'll miss being in the city ;-) I've never been a city girl either so I totally get what you're saying. Just take advantage of being able to get delivery at 2am and all the different kinds of foods and restaurants that are available to you; not to mention the museums and shows and culture. Someday when you're in a cute little town, you'll miss it. (or at least remember parts of it fondly :)) Remember, this is where you'll be starting your married life together (eventually ;-)) Enjoy it for what it is.

I hope your ring doesn't take too long to be sized! How much do you need to go up or down? Did I read into that correctly that you've seen the finished ring? How's it look? Has your BF hinted at all to where or when? I'm so excited to hear all about it when it happens! I hope you're not getting too anxious about it!

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I totally understand the venue search. My sister had the same problem when she was getting married. Her now-husband had no idea why bouquets would cost 500 dollars because they were just flowers. And they had a lovely wedding once they got the budget sorted out.

Feeling better now. Better enough to take a day trip to Disneyland. :p My mom decided she wanted all the girls to go together suddenly, and both my sisters have annual passes. So that's gonna be fun! I am also trying to find things about LA to love. Like last weekend, I found the best ice cream I've had. If I keep discovering things I like, then I like the city more. :)

My ring is getting little sizing bumps. I'm going in about a half a size. My fingers swell and shrink almost a whole size from winter to summer so that's a bit tricky. I did see the ring the day it came in the mail. It looks great. My bf has been hiding it and when I get it back from sizing, I'm gonna have to try it on again for size. He has given zero clue as to when/where it might be. I am hoping soon though. I hope it is before the end of October.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1475081026|4081667 said:
I totally understand the venue search. My sister had the same problem when she was getting married. Her now-husband had no idea why bouquets would cost 500 dollars because they were just flowers. And they had a lovely wedding once they got the budget sorted out.

Feeling better now. Better enough to take a day trip to Disneyland. :p My mom decided she wanted all the girls to go together suddenly, and both my sisters have annual passes. So that's gonna be fun! I am also trying to find things about LA to love. Like last weekend, I found the best ice cream I've had. If I keep discovering things I like, then I like the city more. :)

My ring is getting little sizing bumps. I'm going in about a half a size. My fingers swell and shrink almost a whole size from winter to summer so that's a bit tricky. I did see the ring the day it came in the mail. It looks great. My bf has been hiding it and when I get it back from sizing, I'm gonna have to try it on again for size. He has given zero clue as to when/where it might be. I am hoping soon though. I hope it is before the end of October.

Little size bumps shouldn't take too long :D I actually kind of thought that was what my boss was going to do for mine, but she just did a regular sizing and I'm actually pretty glad she did. When I gave her my size, I didn't account for how top heavy my ring was going to be, so your bumps should keep it nice and in place :)

How was your trip to Disney? I'm glad to hear that you're venturing out and finding things you like about the city! That will make it a lot more fun. Have you made any friends there yet?

I'm so excited to see your ring!!!! I hope he proposes soon!! :love:

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I got my ring back yesterday. :) Which is exciting because now we can actually have a proposal. I am pretty sure he'll propose before the end of the month. I think I might have an idea of when. Not this weekend but next weekend we are going to Vegas for a conference and it will be held at the Venetian which is my favorite of all the hotels so I think he might propose there? If he doesn't, he'll definitely try to use it to fake me out. Haha. So of course, now I am planning my outfits and everything. :dance:

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1475604031|4083574 said:
I got my ring back yesterday. :) Which is exciting because now we can actually have a proposal. I am pretty sure he'll propose before the end of the month. I think I might have an idea of when. Not this weekend but next weekend we are going to Vegas for a conference and it will be held at the Venetian which is my favorite of all the hotels so I think he might propose there? If he doesn't, he'll definitely try to use it to fake me out. Haha. So of course, now I am planning my outfits and everything. :dance:

YAY!!! that's soooo exciting!!! Have fun in Vegas, I've never been there :D What kind of conference is? What kind of outfits are you putting together? I hope he proposes and doesn't just fake you out, I'm not sure about you, but I would be a VERY unhappy camper if that happened ;-)

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I hope Vegas will be fun even though we'll be there for less than 24 hours. The last time we went was my first time and I had a pretty good time even though I totally not a party-er. I saw 5 different weddings last time and I was super cool to see all the brides in their dresses shuffling from place to place. Though I think this time it'll just make me more antsy.

My bf is going to a gastroenterology conference because the place he worked at before he left for school did some research that's being presented. And because he worked on it, he gets to go stand by the poster board. :lol: Very glamorous. I am trying to pack all of my casually nice clothes. I don't want to get dressed to the nines and have it be for nothing. So I am packing all my nice maxi dresses and stuff that looks put together but doesn't take a whole lot of effort. I'll mostly end up repainting my nail polish a lot I think. It's chips easily so I'll want it to look nice.

I hope he won't try to be funny and fake me out either. Especially since he has to be trapped in a car with me all the way back to LA. :devil:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Aaaaaaaah! Ladies! I just peeked in on the boards and am SO EXCITED to hear of both of your developments!

CONGRATS lmcriss! It's gorgeous!! :clap: :dance: :love:

SUPER BLINGY DUST to you Ariadne_Theia! Hoping Vegas (or something else soon!) is your time :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne! How was your Vegas trip????

Thank you so much Elizabethess!! :D

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No proposal. I was sure when we went to dinner that it was gonna happen. But nope. I told my bf on the way home that I thought he was going to propose on the trip and he said he thought I might and was trying to not say anything that could sound like a hint. And that he has a plan and knows when he'll be proposing but also, it might be a little while. I am glad there is plan but I want to to know how long "a while" is.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ariadne_Theia|1476738716|4088022 said:
No proposal. I was sure when we went to dinner that it was gonna happen. But nope. I told my bf on the way home that I thought he was going to propose on the trip and he said he thought I might and was trying to not say anything that could sound like a hint. And that he has a plan and knows when he'll be proposing but also, it might be a little while. I am glad there is plan but I want to to know how long "a while" is.

Oh, boy. I know I've mentioned the CHEESECAKE ANALOGY before, I'm hustling to finish work now, but I'll try to type it up later. It's something I said to my boyfriend back in my waiting time, to try to get him to empathize, when that waiting was driving me cuckoo. FWIW he says it did speed up his plan :D

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1476738716|4088022 said:

I'm sorry lady, I feel kind of bad for both of you. I know how much you just want it to happy already and it sounds like he's really putting a lot of thought into something sweet for you. I know this post is a few weeks old and I hope you're doing ok. Did you guys do anything fun for Halloween?

elizabethess|1476823393|4088353 said:
Oh, boy. I know I've mentioned the CHEESECAKE ANALOGY before, I'm hustling to finish work now, but I'll try to type it up later. It's something I said to my boyfriend back in my waiting time, to try to get him to empathize, when that waiting was driving me cuckoo. FWIW he says it did speed up his plan :D

I still want to know about your cheesecake analogy! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results