Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

New Lady in Waiting, Hoping to be part of the group!

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
Well, english is the official language of all the countries, but that doesn't make it the most commonly spoken language. But thankfully, speaking english would get me by in all of them. So far, the places we are waiting to hear from are, Australia, Grenada, Dominica and a school in the bay area of california. I am have my fingers crossed that one of them will work out. (Honestly, I am really hoping for the bay area or Australia) I went to university in the bay area so I would feel the most comfortable there but getting a chance to live temporarily in different country would be a totally cool opportunity. I honestly have no idea how I feel about any of it. Other than I want him to be accepted somewhere!
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
It's been a month since we've posted updates so I'll give mine. It's good news. My boyfriend got into to school and it's in LA! So I don't have to move somewhere entirely new. Which is great because I love southern california. And it starts in August. So we have confirmed that end of July/beginning of August, I'll be diamond shopping. And hopefully engaged by the end of fall. Now I just have to get all the stuff together for us to move. :D

Anyone else have an update or two?
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Ariadne_Theia|1463593392|4033248 said:
It's been a month since we've posted updates so I'll give mine. It's good news. My boyfriend got into to school and it's in LA! So I don't have to move somewhere entirely new. Which is great because I love southern california. And it starts in August. So we have confirmed that end of July/beginning of August, I'll be diamond shopping. And hopefully engaged by the end of fall. Now I just have to get all the stuff together for us to move. :D

Anyone else have an update or two?
That's fantastic Ariadne!! Congratulations to your BF!!! and Yay for being able to stay in the country! I know you said you were ready to pick up and go anywhere but geeze, I'd be nervous as heck about that!!! Best of luck to him and to you!!! Have you started snooping around and looking at diamonds yet or are you waiting to get the go ahead to look in person?

I kind of have an update too that came on Monday :) We're taking a required class to purchase a home (just to kind of see where we need to be and what we need to save) and we've come to the conclusion that it'll probably be about two years before we're really ready financially to do this. I kind of thought that it would be next year so I was a little upset at first, not because of the house, but I wanted to make sure that our relationship wasn't going to be stalled out in limbo for two years. He came clean that he went to talk to my boss and apparently she's taking her time putting something together (probably so that I can design my own ring!) so hopefully by the end of summer we'll be engaged :D That's the hope anyway...

Glad to hear you're doing well lady! How are the rest of the ladies doing? Looks like some new activity on here! :D
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
Thank you! I am very relieved to not have to move too far. (Though the apartment search in LA is crazy! So stressful!) I am starting to poke around on the internet so I can get a jumpstart on finding what I want.

That is so exciting that your boyfriend is talking to your boss. I know that was one of the things you were the most worried about so it must be fantastic news that he is going to work with her. And I am so glad that you got more of a timeline because you were hating limbo. I have my fingers crossed for you for a speedy engagement.
 

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
118
Ariadne_Theia said:
It's been a month since we've posted updates so I'll give mine. It's good news. My boyfriend got into to school and it's in LA! So I don't have to move somewhere entirely new. Which is great because I love southern california. And it starts in August. So we have confirmed that end of July/beginning of August, I'll be diamond shopping. And hopefully engaged by the end of fall. Now I just have to get all the stuff together for us to move. :D

Anyone else have an update or two?
:appl: Congratulations to your Bf and to you for finally having a set date!! Start a threat when you start looking at diamonds and designs!
 

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
118
lmcriss said:
I kind of have an update too that came on Monday :) We're taking a required class to purchase a home (just to kind of see where we need to be and what we need to save) and we've come to the conclusion that it'll probably be about two years before we're really ready financially to do this. I kind of thought that it would be next year so I was a little upset at first, not because of the house, but I wanted to make sure that our relationship wasn't going to be stalled out in limbo for two years. He came clean that he went to talk to my boss and apparently she's taking her time putting something together (probably so that I can design my own ring!) so hopefully by the end of summer we'll be engaged :D That's the hope anyway...

Glad to hear you're doing well lady! How are the rest of the ladies doing? Looks like some new activity on here! :D
Sounds exciting on both counts!! Summer is practically here you'll be engaged in no time!! :appl: Looking forward to seeing your ring!
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Hi All!

Ugh this crazy thing happened yesterday and I felt like it was worth posting. I was having a bad day at my full time job so I went over to the jewelry store to have lunch (something I've gotten in the habit of doing once a week over the last few months) Since I know he's talking to my boss, I've been warning him when I would probably go over there. Well, I forgot to warn him and TOTALLY walked in on him standing at the counter with my back to me. Both my boss and the manager both saw me spin around and run but he caught me at the red light in front of the store trying to make my getaway... It was all very dramatic. I'm kind of on cloud nine right now because we're going on vacation in two weeks, and I'm hoping it'll happen then. :pray: He's not all that happy with me for catching him in the act though :doh: ... We'll see what happens but I was pretty excited :razz:

Anyone else have anything exciting going on???
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
Oooh, I hope you got a vacation proposal!
That sounds like a scene from a movie, walking in on him in jewelry store and dashing out into the street. The good news is that he's been going in because I know that was really important to you. :)

I've been really busy trying to get everything together for the move. Buying furniture, merging kitchen stuff and getting things ready. So I haven't had much time to get things together. But in two weeks, my boyfriend will have the full amount for my ring saved. So I plan to start sending out feelers next week. Hopefully, it won't take too long to find the perfect diamond.
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Ariadne_Theia|1466266351|4045436 said:
Oooh, I hope you got a vacation proposal!
That sounds like a scene from a movie, walking in on him in jewelry store and dashing out into the street. The good news is that he's been going in because I know that was really important to you. :)

I've been really busy trying to get everything together for the move. Buying furniture, merging kitchen stuff and getting things ready. So I haven't had much time to get things together. But in two weeks, my boyfriend will have the full amount for my ring saved. So I plan to start sending out feelers next week. Hopefully, it won't take too long to find the perfect diamond.

No vacation proposal. I'm a little bummed but at the same time, It would have been kind of predictable so I'm kind of glad that we just went and had a fun time without that kind of pressure. Not at all sure when it might happen now though!

It's so exciting that your bf should have the money saved in a few weeks! Have you let yourself snoop at all? How is the move going? have you guys found a place yet? Will you have to find a new job and everything? Are you excited or freaking out a little?
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
Sorry you didn't get your proposal yet but hopefully he has something awesome in the works! Did you have a great vacation anyway?

Over here, we haven't gotten an apartment nailed down yet though we are looking. I am also looking for a job for me and furniture for our new place. I am definitely panicking. I think it will be a great thing for us, once we get through the initial stage of complete insanity. :lol:
I am however very excited about moving forward on the ring. I am totally looking at diamonds all the time now. Which is super fun.
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Ariadne_Theia|1466475760|4046161 said:
Sorry you didn't get your proposal yet but hopefully he has something awesome in the works! Did you have a great vacation anyway?

Over here, we haven't gotten an apartment nailed down yet though we are looking. I am also looking for a job for me and furniture for our new place. I am definitely panicking. I think it will be a great thing for us, once we get through the initial stage of complete insanity. :lol:
I am however very excited about moving forward on the ring. I am totally looking at diamonds all the time now. Which is super fun.
We had a great time! I wish the weather would have cooperated a little bit more but I guess that's what you get when you plan in advance. The weather here is GORGEOUS now so I'm kind of bummed that vacation was last week instead of this week ;-)

Don't panic!! I'm so excited for you guys and for your awesome new adventure!! I'm sure the perfect place will pop up. Does he have any help for housing through his school? Have you found any diamonds you're really into yet?
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
That always happens! I swear you go somewhere and right after you leave the weather turns perfect. I am glad you guys had a good time. :) Do you have any idea about when he might propose? It is more likely to happen at a special event or he'll make a event for it?

My bf does have housing through the school but it's really expensive for two people. It works much better for single students. So we'll do what most people do and rent something in a nearby neighborhood. We are going up this weekend to look at a bunch of places and probably next weekend too. I haven't seen any diamonds that make my heart go pitter-patter yet but I plan on emailing Grace this weekend and seeing if she has a line on anything that might work.
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Ariadne_Theia|1466619703|4046725 said:
That always happens! I swear you go somewhere and right after you leave the weather turns perfect. I am glad you guys had a good time. :) Do you have any idea about when he might propose? It is more likely to happen at a special event or he'll make a event for it?

My bf does have housing through the school but it's really expensive for two people. It works much better for single students. So we'll do what most people do and rent something in a nearby neighborhood. We are going up this weekend to look at a bunch of places and probably next weekend too. I haven't seen any diamonds that make my heart go pitter-patter yet but I plan on emailing Grace this weekend and seeing if she has a line on anything that might work.
I'm not sure when he might propose, or if he has the ring or if it's just in the works still, but I'm thinking it's SOON! He's been making kind of a sweet thing of "face" kisses. It started on vacation when I got sunburned pretty bad on the bridge of my nose and he keeps trying to kiss "my poor nose" better. That and he's been kind of crazy about "sides" (I'm always on his right and he's always on my left, but he's been a little crazy about it lately) and always holding the "right" hand (which is actually my left hand) and he's been playing with my finger and looking at me weird and has been just been a whole lot more affectionate (which is sweet but since he's a pretty affectionate guy to begin with, he can be a little over the top now lol)

I'm not really sure when or how, but I made a request late last year that when/if it does happen, I'd like to be able to spend a proper night together (not be camping in separate cots) and I'd really like to not have to work the next day. Other than that he's on his own. We're both pretty sentimental about places, so I think we'll be out doing something somewhere that we can go back to (so probably not in our home that we rent). I feel like it'll probably be somewhere meaningful to both of us where there aren't a lot of people around and where we can have our dog. Or he might throw me for a loop and do it in our kitchen on a random Tuesday morning lol. I really have no idea.

What do you think your boyfriend is cooking up for you? Any ideas when/how? Is he getting pretty excited to almost have the money saved up? I found this link from another PS post... [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/#p4044897....']https://www.pricescope.com/community/#p4044897......[/URL]. Those diamonds are GORGEOUS!!! I hope you find "the one" soon! You'll have to let us know what Grace says! I can't wait to see your finished ring!

How far will you be moving from where you live now? That's cool that it doesn't sound terribly far away :)
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
That's so sweet! You can obviously tell what's on his mind... I've got my fingers crossed for you that it happens soon. I bet every visit you guys make to your favorite places will cause your mind to start running.

I am hoping that August will be my month as we have a lot of special events that month that would be perfect for a proposal. But I don't know if we'll have the ring ready by then.
Thankfully we are only moving 2 hours away. Which makes it alot easier to coordinate moving stuff and of course, coming back to see family for holidays and things like that.
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Ariadne_Theia|1466703519|4047173 said:
That's so sweet! You can obviously tell what's on his mind... I've got my fingers crossed for you that it happens soon. I bet every visit you guys make to your favorite places will cause your mind to start running.

I am hoping that August will be my month as we have a lot of special events that month that would be perfect for a proposal. But I don't know if we'll have the ring ready by then.
Thankfully we are only moving 2 hours away. Which makes it alot easier to coordinate moving stuff and of course, coming back to see family for holidays and things like that.
Hey lady! How are things? Have you found a diamond that makes your heart pitter patter yet? How are your plans to move going? I hope you're not stressing out too much... Still thinking August will be your month?

I have a bit of news... not engaged yet, but I GET TO ACTUALLY BUILD MY RING!!! AHHH! I'm so excited about it! :D My boss coyly asked me on Saturday if I was still in love with the rose ring and asked me when I was going to work on it... WHAT?! I told her that as soon as I was finished with whatever the manager had for me to do then I'd love to see what she had to teach me. So I spent almost all day making wax molds of the original design she did and tearing it apart and putting it back together how I want it. She even gave me the head (prongs) that's going to hold my sapphire to set in the wax and make sure that it fits. It does :) I'm so freaking excited! I actually went in and finished it up on my lunch break on Tuesday. I have no idea how long it's going to take to finish the but I think she's going to let me actually build the WHOLE THING!

I have no idea who knows what, but that's actually kind of fun. I would assume that my boss wouldn't be letting me do this if she didn't have my BF's go ahead. She asked me the other day when I might actually get to wear it and I told her that I have no earthly idea, but I think she knows something that I don't :silenced: . When I get home later, I'll see about posting some pics of my finished wax. It's SO pretty! :love:
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
Things are going well here. I have an appt to see Grace in person and she's gonna show me a bunch of diamonds. I am super super excited to get to play with them. Hopefully, I'll find one I love! Though, I don't think the ring would be ready by August. I've got my fingers crossed that it will be fall though. We found an apartment and we move in at the end of the month. And I got to buy a bunch of furniture that we needed so it's fantastic to be building this cute little apartment together.

You are so LUCKY! How amazing to be able to build your ring. You will get to look down at it forever and know the work you two both put in to make it. That's really beautiful. I want to see the wax!! Come post progress pics! :D
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Ariadne_Theia|1468522582|4055453 said:
Things are going well here. I have an appt to see Grace in person and she's gonna show me a bunch of diamonds. I am super super excited to get to play with them. Hopefully, I'll find one I love! Though, I don't think the ring would be ready by August. I've got my fingers crossed that it will be fall though. We found an apartment and we move in at the end of the month. And I got to buy a bunch of furniture that we needed so it's fantastic to be building this cute little apartment together.

You are so LUCKY! How amazing to be able to build your ring. You will get to look down at it forever and know the work you two both put in to make it. That's really beautiful. I want to see the wax!! Come post progress pics! :D
I'm so glad that everything is falling into place! It's so much fun to set up house and so much stress, but I'm glad it seems to be going well! Good luck with your move! I hope you're not freaking out with only a couple of weeks to go until your move date! When is your meeting with Grace? As I've not had the opportunity to shop for a diamond like you do, I want to know every detail!

Here are some pictures of my wax so far. I might decide that I want to change things tomorrow when I see it again in person lol but who knows! I'm hoping to get the shank of the ring finished tomorrow and that it can be ready for casting in gold next week!

Here are a few "Before" pictures
img_20160316_212917307.jpg
img_20160316_212803138.jpg
img_20160316_212836518.jpg

Here are some "After" pictures
img_20160712_133407871.jpg
img_20160712_133349702.jpg
img_20160712_131745630.jpg

Let me know what you think!!

I had originally decided to go against the "kite" shape with my stone, but for some reason when I was putting this together, that's just the way the prongs wanted to go, so I think the stone will be set accordingly :) I've also decided to forego a formal wedding band that will be placed with my ring. I think I'm going to take my boss' advice and have a simple band to wear during things like camping and of we ever "travel to the wrong side of the tracks" ;-)
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
Holy Moly!! I love your wax! It's sooo beautiful. I actually really like the kite setting. It makes is look much more organic without the hard square lines. You deserve a round of applause. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so impressed with your jewellery skills.

My meeting with Grace is later today. I sent her an email a couple of weeks ago with what I was looking for and she sent me links to some diamonds to consider. Now we are meeting up so she can show me a bunch of diamonds so I can see what my eyes like in a diamond. It's also a good chance to show her the setting. I am super excited. I'll come back and post how it went.
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Ariadne_Theia|1468770807|4056346 said:
Holy Moly!! I love your wax! It's sooo beautiful. I actually really like the kite setting. It makes is look much more organic without the hard square lines. You deserve a round of applause. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so impressed with your jewellery skills.

My meeting with Grace is later today. I sent her an email a couple of weeks ago with what I was looking for and she sent me links to some diamonds to consider. Now we are meeting up so she can show me a bunch of diamonds so I can see what my eyes like in a diamond. It's also a good chance to show her the setting. I am super excited. I'll come back and post how it went.
OMG! I can't wait to hear about your appointment with Grace!! What did you think of the diamonds?! did you find one you like?! How did you like the diamonds with your grandma's ring? I'm assuming your BF went with you? what did he have to say?

Thanks for the feedback!I can't take all the credit though. My boss actually did all the wax carving for the original BY HAND back in the 70's. I just took the wax cast and cut and pasted until I liked how it looks :D. I think that's what I like about the kite set as well, but didn't know how to put it into words :) I'll post more updates as I get farther with it. I'll probably be going in on my lunch break every day this week since I didn't get a chance to work on it on Saturday :(
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
Your boss has some serious skills. That's so cool. I love the customization you've been able to do. Please keep posting pictures!

Meeting with Grace was crazy (in a very good way). We actually met up in like a smoothie bar. It was super funny, there was us with a bunch of diamonds and the next table over was just people drinking their smoothies. Grace had the coolest, biggest, blingiest jewelry on. She had this wonderful wall of diamonds ring and a super diamond bangle and the best diamond dangle earrings. I was pretty much in awe the whole time. And she was super friendly. I had been worried that my emails were annoying her but she was super nice. I brought my setting in and she told me some stuff I didn't know about it. Like that my melee diamonds were single cuts and my side stones were really nice. Which is always a good thing. And she pulled out 4 different diamonds. 3 were loose diamonds so they just sat in the empty prongs in my ring so I got a really good idea of what the whole ring would look like. I saw 2 in the size I was looking for and one that was bigger. It was funny, I liked one of the small ones and the big one but one of the small ones was really pretty but I just didn't like the facet pattern for some reason. And my bf had the exact same reaction. Grace told me to take them outside to look at them in the light. :-o I walked sooo carefully with my hand cupped underneath. I did not want to drop them. She thought that was pretty funny. She told me to take a bunch of video/pictures and think about it (which I have only looked at like 300 times since yesterday). I think I'll probably have my decision pretty quick here. It was overall, just the coolest experience.
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Ariadne_Theia|1468946663|4057175 said:
Your boss has some serious skills. That's so cool. I love the customization you've been able to do. Please keep posting pictures!

Meeting with Grace was crazy (in a very good way). We actually met up in like a smoothie bar. It was super funny, there was us with a bunch of diamonds and the next table over was just people drinking their smoothies. Grace had the coolest, biggest, blingiest jewelry on. She had this wonderful wall of diamonds ring and a super diamond bangle and the best diamond dangle earrings. I was pretty much in awe the whole time. And she was super friendly. I had been worried that my emails were annoying her but she was super nice. I brought my setting in and she told me some stuff I didn't know about it. Like that my melee diamonds were single cuts and my side stones were really nice. Which is always a good thing. And she pulled out 4 different diamonds. 3 were loose diamonds so they just sat in the empty prongs in my ring so I got a really good idea of what the whole ring would look like. I saw 2 in the size I was looking for and one that was bigger. It was funny, I liked one of the small ones and the big one but one of the small ones was really pretty but I just didn't like the facet pattern for some reason. And my bf had the exact same reaction. Grace told me to take them outside to look at them in the light. :-o I walked sooo carefully with my hand cupped underneath. I did not want to drop them. She thought that was pretty funny. She told me to take a bunch of video/pictures and think about it (which I have only looked at like 300 times since yesterday). I think I'll probably have my decision pretty quick here. It was overall, just the coolest experience.
OMG! That sounds like so much fun!!! I wish I could have seen all of her jewelry! and your beautiful diamonds! Did she say if any of the stones she showed you came with grading reports? what did you think of the diamond she showed you that was set? Have you made your choice? WHAT ARE THE SPECS?! I'm so stinkin excited for you lady!!! I'm pretty sure my head would have exploded from excitement! :love: Can you find the stones she showed you online?! I want to see!!!!!!
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
It was super fun! All of the stones she showed me were certed. The set one was actually my least favorite. It was an H and weirdly too white for me. I didn't know that could happen. I decided to pick the big one. :lol: Who wouldn't really. Grace totally called it.

These are the two smaller ones she showed me (I am pretty sure):

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/under-1-ct/93-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-j-vvs2#.V5JJpqKEddw
(This was the one I liked)

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/under-1-ct/93ct-oec-diamond-gia-j-vs2#.V5JJo6KEddw
(This was the one I didn't like as much; not blocky enough facets I think)

I will totally post my stone but it's currently still available on the website so I don't want any lurker to take it from under me. :)
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Ariadne_Theia|1469205095|4058353 said:
It was super fun! All of the stones she showed me were certed. The set one was actually my least favorite. It was an H and weirdly too white for me. I didn't know that could happen. I decided to pick the big one. :lol: Who wouldn't really. Grace totally called it.

These are the two smaller ones she showed me (I am pretty sure):

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/under-1-ct/93-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-j-vvs2#.V5JJpqKEddw
(This was the one I liked)

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/under-1-ct/93ct-oec-diamond-gia-j-vs2#.V5JJo6KEddw
(This was the one I didn't like as much; not blocky enough facets I think)

I will totally post my stone but it's currently still available on the website so I don't want any lurker to take it from under me. :)
That's so exciting! I'm totally on the website RIGHT NOW looking at stones like "oh, I wonder if this is the one she picked, or that one's nice so maybe that one?!" Can't wait to see the one you picked! The pictures are SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Any idea how long it'll take to get your stone and get your ring off to the jeweler?
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
It's super exciting. I mailed the ring off to Grace yesterday. She's gonna remake the head and set the diamond for me. Then it will get sent for appraisal and then I'll get it back. I just haven't decided what do for the new peg head yet. :confused:
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Ariadne_Theia|1469291676|4058626 said:
It's super exciting. I mailed the ring off to Grace yesterday. She's gonna remake the head and set the diamond for me. Then it will get sent for appraisal and then I'll get it back. I just haven't decided what do for the new peg head yet. :confused:
New peg head? What are the options? I would recommend a 6 prong head to mount it in. They're more secure especially if you bump your ring down the road and one of the prongs breaks.... Did she show you options for heads?
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Ariadne_Theia|1469640629|4059882 said:
They are going to hand make it so they said I can pick whatever I want. I love the 6 prong as well. I am constantly banging my hands on everything so I want as much protection as I can get.

Now that the sale has gone through. This is my diamond. http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-39ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-j-vs2#.V5jvAKKEddw

I am so excited. :)
Oh Sweetie!!! IT"S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! DEFINITELY PUT THAT GORGEOUS STONE IN A 6 PRONG SETTING!!(not that I have any doubt that Grace wouldn't ;-)) I can't wait to see the finished ring! Normally, I'm not into stones with a noticeable culet, but I feel like it really adds to the beauty!!! The facets make it look so flowery! AHH!! So excited for you!! Have they given you any kind of timeline as to when it'll be back in your hands? I know that it was all being sent off... :)

My pretty ring is all finished and ready for casting.... So I have to wait until my boss gets back from vacation to do that which sucks for waiting... Since the timing is kind of in my hands (literally ;-)) I haven't been as anxious about waiting for a proposal so that's an improvement, before all this started I was getting kind of intolerable. I've been having a thought about the polishing... I was thinking leaving the top matte and maybe polishing under the petals and on the inside of the band... thoughts?
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
I have no idea when I'll get it back. I assume it will take a few weeks to make the new head and set it. I am currently thinking of a head like koolchicken's from the colored stone forum.

icm_fullxfull_39.jpg

That's so great that helping with the ring has made you really feel the progress! I hope your boss gets back soon. I think it would be really pretty to have a matte/satin finish on the top! It would be really organic feeling and give a lot of contrast with the stone.
I think the only worry would be if it looked more like leaves than flowers. Like this succulent;


temp.jpg

Obviously, it wouldn't be green or fuzzy. :lol:
 

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
159
Just FYI, I can't stop looking at your diamond!!! It's so pretty and whether you realize it or not, I'm diamond shopping vicariously through you ;-) I think i'm going to include the diamond dew drops on mine but they'll be so tiny that it hardly matters what they look like under magnification.

As for your head... have you read Bean's post about her CAD images? I thought I saw you comment on there... I think that tulip head would be so beautiful!! You'll have to keep me in the loop with what you and your BF decide to do with Grace. I keep looking at that stone and thinking "she had to carry that across a smoothie bar! How were her hands not shaking?!" :lol: The first time my boss pulled out a diamond for me to play with I thought I was goign to die my hands were shaking so hard (and it was a crappy mall stone, like really crappy, I3 or worse, my boss calls it the party stone because it looks like a party going on inside it) and that stone wasn't even possibly my stone that I would wear for the rest of my life!! haha! :lol:

You make a good point about the matte finish... I guess I'll see what happens when it comes out of the cast. All of the gold pieces have an unpolished finish straight out of casting and then you polish them to make them shiny. If worse comes to worse and it looks like a furry green plant instead of my beautiful rose, I'll just polish it. Every time i see one of her pieces before polishing or someone comes in with a piece of jewelry for me to clean that has an unpolished style finished, my heart goes pitter patter so I really hope that it comes out as beautiful as what i have pictured in my head :) I have a guilty thing to admit... sometimes I wish that I could have known what kind of mounting the stone was going into before we picked it. Part of me worries that my flower will look weird with a green/gray/blue center. Then I remember how stinkin magnificent my stone is and that worry goes away ;-)

It sounds like a proposal is coming pretty soon for you once everything's finished up! I think I answered your question about how I wanted my BF to propose, but I'm not sure if I asked you? How do you want him to propose? Are there things that you DON'T want him to do?
 

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
273
I love the diamond dew drops idea. It's gonna look sooo good. I have to tell you that teal is my favorite color so I go back and visit the pictures of your sapphire all the time. :love:

I did see that post. I love flowers/floral theme so I loved that cad! I think everyone on the forum right now is a flowery bunch. We all pretty much have some floral thing going on.

I was so shaking carrying those diamonds. I took them outside to the sidewalk right next to a busy street to see them in the sunlight. They were balanced in the prongs of my ring so I was absolutely terrified of tripping! My mind just flashed through all the terrible outcomes if I sneezed or something.

I think proposal-wise, I'd probably like the stereotypical walking on the beach at sunset. Mostly because I love beaches and sunsets. I did tell him no giant public proposals. I think that would just make me nervous and uncomfortable. I just hope he doesn't get the ring and decide to wait forever. Then I'll just be stressed out everyday waiting.

I love that you are so involved with making the ring that you get to decide if you want matte or polished. I mean, you were worried your bf wouldn't pick the design from your boss and now you get to customize it exactly how you want it. That's just amazing. When your boss gets back and you start casting, you'll have to post a bunch of pics!
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top