carat
color
clarity

New CVB setting in the works for 3.72 round by Distinctive Gems

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Cerulean! The band will be carved gold
D5E763DD-376C-4438-BB35-449435E98AF8.jpeg

48A511BF-0D3B-4500-9648-A37A4A1E7F2C.jpeg 3AA1BED7-2CAB-4862-891F-9696EFF924E3.jpeg
and then platinum head like this
Hope fully we can get it made before I change my mind again!!

It is going to be beautiful! I and partial to uniquely designed solitaires myself. I have been looking at carved bands to add to my stack, and a PSer posted about an Etsy vendor DeAguiarDesigns who has a bunch of bands that fit this look. I think any of their bands will look great with your solitaire for a beautiful stack!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
It is going to be beautiful! I and partial to uniquely designed solitaires myself. I have been looking at carved bands to add to my stack, and a PSer posted about an Etsy vendor DeAguiarDesigns who has a bunch of bands that fit this look. I think any of their bands will look great with your solitaire for a beautiful stack!

Wow! Lots of lovely bands! And great prices too! Thanks for sharing I’ll have to add some!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Lol, I think this is the problem with trying to decide. You’re limiting yourself to one ring but you love so many different styles.

I love the latest idea!

I think you’re totally right!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
The band is 2.1 mm in the CADs @Cerulean would you mind telling me what your band is if you know?
I want a good sized band not too dainty. Yours looks like a great size. Thanks

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The band is 2.1 mm in the CADs @Cerulean would you mind telling me what your band is if you know?

i'm not cerulean but do you have time to get cheap bands in whatever sizes you're considering?

i'm suggesting just b/c i have a similar setting and didn't specify width, it came out barely 2mm and daintier than i was expecting. for my wedding band i went with 2.5mm and really like that width.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Happy to! Mine is 2.7mm

I wear a size 7.75, so that proportion might matter.

I actually plan to have slimmed to 2.2-2.4mm (that’s my sweet spot) as it is slightly too thick to me for comfortable stacking and o think my small diamond will play more nicely with a slightly slimmer band

But I love wearing it alone

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
i'm not cerulean but do you have time to get cheap bands in whatever sizes you're considering?

i'm suggesting just b/c i have a similar setting and didn't specify width, it came out barely 2mm and daintier than i was expecting. for my wedding band i went with 2.5mm and really like that width.

That’s a good idea! I honestly wish I would have gotten czs and cheap bands and things from the beginning to wear around and see what works for me. Even trying things on in a jewelry store isn’t quite as good.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Happy to! Mine is 2.7mm

I wear a size 7.75, so that proportion might matter.

I actually plan to have slimmed to 2.2-2.4mm (that’s my sweet spot) as it is slightly too thick to me for comfortable stacking and o think my small diamond will play more nicely with a slightly slimmer band

But I love wearing it alone

Thank you! Great to know! So many small decisions

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
That’s a good idea! I honestly wish I would have gotten czs and cheap bands and things from the beginning to wear around and see what works for me. Even trying things on in a jewelry store isn’t quite as good.

I ordered a ton of cheapos on amazon. Worth every penny! I would get some to figure out what thickness you like.

That's how I determined my preference!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
That looks fantastic! Do you love it?
Thanks, I do, maybe? The CAD is throwing me off because the diamond looks so grey and dull. I know it’s just a rendering but it makes the whole thing look so lackluster. I’m having a hard time visualizing it. And the band looks thinner than I was picturing.
I need to sleep on it.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
It’s gorgeous! Not lackluster at all, although I know what you mean about the grey diamond. I love the engraving so much I almost want to see the whole shank covered, but then again it has a modern quality the way it is.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The band looks small only because the diamond is BIG! You could go to 2.2 or 2.3mm. I wouldn't go larger than that. I think you made a very good decision to go with a solitaire with a stone that size. The only halo that I think will work well on a diamond that size is a VC pave style halo. I think your ring will be beautiful!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous! Not lackluster at all, although I know what you mean about the grey diamond. I love the engraving so much I almost want to see the whole shank covered, but then again it has a modern quality the way it is.

Engraving the entire shank would be pretty but this way any future resizing won’t ruin the pattern

BMI

Shiny_Rock
for my wedding band i went with 2.5mm and really like that width.
Honestly this is personal preference but I’d go for a slightly thicker shank - maybe 2.5 - it’s a big rock and I think it will look a little more substantial

I agree with both of these comments.
And another thing to consider is, how well do you want to see the detail of the carving?
Try shrinking the CAD image on your phone so that the shank is 2mm wide and you'll have a good idea of what that will look like IRL.
I find that engraved rings look thinner to my eyes than my equally sized non engraved rings, but maybe that's just me.
If you are not looking for the skinny shank/big rock look, then I would not go below 2.5mm. If you are, then 2mm is probably perfect.
I have plain bands in both 2.2 and 2.5, and surprisingly I see a noticeable difference between them.
Whatever you decide, it will definitely be gorgeous!

BMI

Shiny_Rock
I don't know if this helps or not, but here are a couple of pictures. 6.5mm stone (width of bezel is ~8mm) with 2.2 mm shank. The spacer is 1mm and the yellow gold band is 2.5mm. The second picture kind of makes the rose shank look tapered, but it is not. The width comparison between the two sizes is more accurate further out between my fingers.

754273 784341

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with both of these comments.
And another thing to consider is, how well do you want to see the detail of the carving?
Try shrinking the CAD image on your phone so that the shank is 2mm wide and you'll have a good idea of what that will look like IRL.
I find that engraved rings look thinner to my eyes than my equally sized non engraved rings, but maybe that's just me.
If you are not looking for the skinny shank/big rock look, then I would not go below 2.5mm. If you are, then 2mm is probably perfect.
I have plain bands in both 2.2 and 2.5, and surprisingly I see a noticeable difference between them.
Whatever you decide, it will definitely be gorgeous!

Yeah I definitely want to see the flowers well and did say I wanted the band to be somewhat substantial. Not huge but not not dainty and thin which can look great but not what I’m going for.
Thank you!

Reactions: BMI

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if this helps or not, but here are a couple of pictures. 6.5mm stone (width of bezel is ~8mm) with 2.2 mm shank. The spacer is 1mm and the yellow gold band is 2.5mm. The second picture kind of makes the rose shank look tapered, but it is not. The width comparison between the two sizes is more accurate further out between my fingers.

754273 784341
Thank you, this is very helpful! I do like it more towards 2.5

Love your rings!

Reactions: BMI

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Yes in case you are curious the shank at the bottom of my ering is 2.4, and my band is 2.7. I see a noticeable difference!

7F5DC83B-CEFF-4AB1-894B-15BD023AB383.jpeg

Yes this is very helpful! The 2.4 is the width I’ve been picturing.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So exciting!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh can’t wait to see pictures!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here for the pics!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh, can’t wait to see it too.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, this is spectacular! Everything about it is just perfect.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Got the little band in, I like it more than I thought I would. It has a lot of texture. We’ll see how it looks with the ring but I think it has a nice old world feel. FA592FD6-D5DC-40D3-882B-279CDA3178EF.jpeg 901E861E-A819-41A0-B054-92F2C56CCFF7.jpeg 9520247C-C029-4EE4-B769-D1BFA8E2E34F.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results