shape
carat
color
clarity

New CVB setting in the works for 3.72 round by Distinctive Gems

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
So I’ve put in the order for my setting…finally.
I went and tried on rings and looked at settings in person and decided on something totally different than I thought I wanted. It just looked right on my hand.

the setting from the store is by Uneek and from the stock photos I would never pick it. But in person it has such a lovely shape. Originally I wanted a pear or oval but the uneven faceting bugs me and ultimately went with round. The elongated shapes look better on my fingers though. So I feel like this gives me the best of both worlds.
I’m going to base it off of the Delilah setting, two tone with carved yellow gold band. So no baguettes like the Uneek but honestly that looked great too.
Trying to decide small details like if the top and bottom edges should be the curves of the halo diamonds or should there be a prong at the top making at point.
B96AC669-F28C-480F-8E0D-5682D913181E.jpeg D445DBCE-E308-473E-BC6D-A146A951F743.jpeg 75D6FC9A-6C3D-492B-BE27-16921888AADA.jpeg B4E19FF3-0B05-48AA-B081-522E5927533D.jpeg 6ECB949C-ECD6-402E-989B-7D2AA9CCCFB9.jpeg

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring idea sounds absolutely lovely!

If you are open to suggestion - you could maybe elipse out the base of the basket for your center stone oh so slightly n/s to help with the elongated look you prefer?
Here’s what I mean, for example
258E81FA-87A8-4C76-B642-1448AE236425.jpeg
Ignore the graduated airline that also contributes to the effect on this ring.

Some might say this antique ring is an example of putting a rounder stone into a setting meant for an oval.
I think if anyone could make this idea ‘work’ in a purposeful way and be gorgeous - It’d be CVB!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring idea sounds absolutely lovely!

If you are open to suggestion - you could maybe elipse out the base of the basket for your center stone oh so slightly n/s to help with the elongated look you prefer?
Here’s what I mean, for example
258E81FA-87A8-4C76-B642-1448AE236425.jpeg
Ignore the graduated airline that also contributes to the effect on this ring.

Some might say this antique ring is an example of putting a rounder stone into a setting meant for an oval.
I think if anyone could make this idea ‘work’ in a purposeful way and be gorgeous - It’d be CVB!

Yes that’s a good idea I will ask Caysie about it! Thank you =)2

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just saw this ring of @caolsen and yayyy even more excited!
I think mine will be similar, same band, smaller halo stones but it’s giving me the idea
2EF220E6-691D-49A4-8546-5A760E6308DD.jpeg 2EE9D895-0AED-44C6-B55C-7D8ACD9452B9.jpeg 4D009155-9617-4E6E-A2E3-C53A22235588.jpeg :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Beautiful! I also have a Delilah in the works and I am so excited!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I also have a Delilah in the works and I am so excited!

Oh awesome! Do you have a thread on it, or what are the deets :appl:

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
i like the graduated halo! nice choice.

Thank you! Never would have guessed it but these settings look so different on the hand vs. stock photos and even hand shots on here. Your hand may look totally different!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
@petrock<3 Excited for you. I really dig this setting. Just a few observations, based on the stock photos you shared. There is no air gap on this setting and the halo stones aren’t graduated. Not sure of you’re working with Cassie to add those elements into the design or not.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
@petrock<3 Excited for you. I really dig this setting. Just a few observations, based on the stock photos you shared. There is no air gap on this setting and the halo stones aren’t graduated. Not sure of you’re working with Cassie to add those elements into the design or not.

Thank you! Love your gorgeous ring! Yeah Caysie is modifying the halo to be graduated for me no air gap. We still have a lot to work out like the prongs, yours has less than the one on the Etsy site so that was nice to visualize. I haven’t seen a ton of examples of this style so I’m enjoying your pics!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone has any thoughts or opinions on
prong style let me know!
I’m seeing tucked in prongs that allow the curve of the halo diamonds to show
A67F4B06-C45D-4CD7-84B9-22DFBBCE1C7B.jpeg

then I’m seeing prongs all the way around so there’s a prong on the outer edge of the halo like this one:

B7F8B8F8-F6CF-4E48-B399-68A25A2E8175.jpeg
And then I’m seeing where the prongs are flush with the edge like this

8A1710F1-0EB1-454D-83A9-4D4705AB99EB.jpeg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think for a graduated halo the tucked in prongs will help show the change in stone size better, but the halo will look scalloped/floral - do you like that look?

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I think for a graduated halo the tucked in prongs will help show the change in stone size better, but the halo will look scalloped/floral - do you like that look?

Yes I do! Thanks for your input =)2

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Because I’m the most indecisive person ever, I’m talking to Caysie about doing a graduated gold halo as well. I’m a little concerned about the brightness differences between the tiny halo stones and my center stone. I don’t know if that’s a valid concern. But looking at something where I get the slightly elongated look I want while the center stone stands out. What do you guys think? C97E40FD-A1C3-48A3-AD0A-FA3BEE824F29.jpeg 862CBCD1-89AC-41CF-B2C1-3059E55A088F.jpeg C1FEC9A6-44B8-4F49-9344-6746EF1E37AB.jpeg
I am thinking the thinner look like the top photo, I really like the design on the lower two just a little smaller.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Love this idea! Especially the bottom with the roses and a couple of side stones. I like how it show off the outline of the diamond. The first design feels a bit busy with two metal colors and two styles of engraving. It feel it takes away from the diamond.

What color is your stone? I don't think you mentioned, or I missed it.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I actually own a ring that is based upon the VB.

Even if you scale it down to get the flowers right it's going to be really busy.

If you want an engraved metal halo I would do that, maybe the Sonora, or the spring gulch.

You can do those with an inner diamond halo, but the roses are going to make it really large. My ring is in the IG link.

My ring design is more scaled down and has less flowers and a little bit thinner. It's still a fairly good halo.

I think that's too large of a design to incorporate with an inner diamond halo, with your stone size, unless you really just want it to be about the halo. A double halo with an inner diamond halo, with the floral design is going to be quite big.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Even if you scale it down to get the flowers right it's going to be really busy.

If you want an engraved metal halo I would do that, maybe the Sonora, or the spring gulch.

You can do those with an inner diamond halo, but the roses are going to make it really large. My ring is in the IG link.

My ring design is more scaled down and has less flowers and a little bit thinner. It's still a fairly good halo.

I think that's too large of a design to incorporate with an inner diamond halo, with your stone size, unless you really just want it to be about the halo. A double halo with an inner diamond halo, with the floral design is going to be quite big.

Ooohhh. You own this beauty? I love this ring so much. Beautiful.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Love this idea! Especially the bottom with the roses and a couple of side stones. I like how it show off the outline of the diamond. The first design feels a bit busy with two metal colors and two styles of engraving. It feel it takes away from the diamond.

What color is your stone? I don't think you mentioned, or I missed it.

Hi! I should have mentioned I posted the first image just to show the yellow gold halo, I wouldn’t do the inner diamond halo. My stone is an E color, do you think that will be negatively affected by the yellow gold? Thank you!!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should read this thread where Wink, from WolfCBI, talks about the effect of yellow gold on DEF stones. Opinions vary, of course.

My own experience is that it can have an impact, and did for me. However, I have a tiny, .61 diamond and it was in a rather significant 14K yellow gold full bezel. I know it will be very different with a large diamond, and in a woman's ring, the bezels tend to be quite dainty. Still, anything that gets added on top of the crown area will have to be reflected to some degree. IMHO

Since my reset into a white metal with a semi bezel I feel like I have a new stone. A must whiter, much more sparkly stone!

Do you mostly wear yellow gold?
Platinum or white gold with a patina of some kind would look amazing to bring out all those sculptural details. Just a thought.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

Hi! I love your ring!! So gorgeous! Thanks for posting the link. Feel free to post any photos you have haha. I should have said initially that I was just looking at the gold part of that setting, not the inner halo. Definitely would just do the gold.
So yeah I don’t know. I think I’m going to see what the graduated halo would look like vs the graduated flowers. Not sure what to do. Thanks again

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should read this thread where Wink, from WolfCBI, talks about the effect of yellow gold on DEF stones. Opinions vary, of course.

My own experience is that it can have an impact, and did for me. However, I have a tiny, .61 diamond and it was in a rather significant 14K yellow gold full bezel. I know it will be very different with a large diamond, and in a woman's ring, the bezels tend to be quite dainty. Still, anything that gets added on top of the crown area will have to be reflected to some degree. IMHO

Since my reset into a white metal with a semi bezel I feel like I have a new stone. A must whiter, much more sparkly stone!

Do you mostly wear yellow gold?
Platinum or white gold with a patina of some kind would look amazing to bring out all those sculptural details. Just a thought.

I don’t wear any jewelry quite honestly right now, just a one ring kinda girl! I am getting a lab emerald set soon in a yellow gold CVB setting though. I like both metals and would consider a platinum halo with yellow gold band possibly?

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I found these photos also, close to what I’m after. Don’t think I’d do the little diamonds though. I’m thinking a thin gold only frame around the stone that’s a bit graduated. ??
A5653EF1-B599-43E0-BC28-C843E57C6786.jpeg 3119CBB3-88A4-4694-B1EC-7168DBA9B9D8.jpeg C59AAD2F-AE64-4794-A7EF-9F0A46617B80.jpeg

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a very poor photoshop attempt: this is a CZ the same size as my stone on my hand. 30473047-2A38-4D4D-9013-0629E77E7C2C.jpeg Ignore the diamond band I would do a gold band.

Attachments

• C9E7C948-95D3-49BD-86F0-1F20103B12E5.jpeg
    C9E7C948-95D3-49BD-86F0-1F20103B12E5.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2793C266-7702-4413-B757-8E2214FE348C.jpeg
    2793C266-7702-4413-B757-8E2214FE348C.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
@petrock<3, I don’t see it mentioned above, but is your 3.72 round an OEC or MRB? I love the oval halo idea! Have never seen a round stone with anything other than a round or cushion halo. Looking forward to the final unveiling!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
@petrock<3, I don’t see it mentioned above, but is your 3.72 round an OEC or MRB? I love the oval halo idea! Have never seen a round stone with anything other than a round or cushion halo. Looking forward to the final unveiling!

Hi! It’s a MRB

Well folks after all that drama guess what I’m doing?? That’s right getting a solitaire. Oh my. Sorry to bring you all on this journey of madness. I haven’t even posted all the settings I have considered. The file is large. Caysie is patient. At least I didn’t bug her with all of them. :oops: I hope I’m not the only one plagued by indecision! I just like so many different things lol!
So looks like we are doing the Dahlia head in platinum with a yellow gold chased floral band. I’ll do some curved fun bands probably to change up the look.
What do you all think? Thank you

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hi! It’s a MRB

Well folks after all that drama guess what I’m doing?? That’s right getting a solitaire. Oh my. Sorry to bring you all on this journey of madness. I haven’t even posted all the settings I have considered. The file is large. Caysie is patient. At least I didn’t bug her with all of them. :oops: I hope I’m not the only one plagued by indecision! I just like so many different things lol!
So looks like we are doing the Dahlia head in platinum with a yellow gold chased floral band. I’ll do some curved fun bands probably to change up the look.
What do you all think? Thank you

Post them! I want to see the solitaire!

I have posted multiple concepts for settings that I abandoned. I am so, so horribly indecisive.

What’s fun about the forum is that you get to try on ideas for free before you fully commit. Definitely don’t apologize!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Post them! I want to see the solitaire!

I have posted multiple concepts for settings that I abandoned. I am so, so horribly indecisive.

What’s fun about the forum is that you get to try on ideas for free before you fully commit. Definitely don’t apologize!
Thanks Cerulean! The band will be carved gold
D5E763DD-376C-4438-BB35-449435E98AF8.jpeg

48A511BF-0D3B-4500-9648-A37A4A1E7F2C.jpeg 3AA1BED7-2CAB-4862-891F-9696EFF924E3.jpeg
and then platinum head like this
Hope fully we can get it made before I change my mind again!!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I was seriously considering a style like this but in platinum with gorgeous raspberry pink baguettes! I think that would be really cool, but would have been hard to find matching ones and probably would have put me way over my budget. EBD1F2FF-212C-48B3-93A3-3CFEE0AD1789.png 308C931C-337C-433F-B796-35231F66BF47.png

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m partial to those floral baskets, sounds lovely ☺️!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results