shape
carat
color
clarity

New 2.48 cushion w pave setting by Mark T @ ERD!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
bargaincrazy,

Your ring is so gorgeous and the design is just perfect. I saw this band and it reminded me of your ring except it''s got milgrain. I love the idea of the Michael B lace-type ring though. I love that collection. They will look beautiful together.

micropave.jpg

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness... I am in love with your ring. The whole thing is just so perfect! It literally took my breath away! Wow...

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Hi again everyone,

I just got my new WB. It''s a Michael B. lace inspired soft knife edge band. The diamonds are the same size as the ones on my knife edge pave ER. There are six clusters of diamonds, and each cluster has 3 diamonds on the top of the band and two on either side.

I''m very happy with how it turned out, and I like the contrast with the ER. I had it custom made by a local jeweler (Mimi''s Jewelry in Fountain Valley, CA) who matched the proportions of my ER. Thanks to everyone who provided input. Here are some pics. My ER needs to be buffed to match the polish of my WB.

ps_IMG_2509_cropped.JPG

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, BC, that is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Wear it in good health!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
those look perfect together! How wide are those rings? And what size melee is that? Beautiful :)

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that look!
30.gif
Well done!
36.gif

widget

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still one of my favorite settings ever. LOVE the wedding band with it.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
perfection! seriously!!!
i soooo wish i could see this in person.....

congratulations on a beautiful set!
36.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
your set is gorgeous! i adore cushions!!
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful wedding set. Great job with that wedding band. It looks great with the e-ring, and I''m sure it looks great on its own. Well done!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Damn girl! That''s fab!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
That band is just outta this world. It looks great together.
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous wedding band to match your amazing e-ring, I really love this set! I love that the wedding band is matchy without being really matchy matchy!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I love this look! The two rings match but in an interesting way...seem more of an accent to each other. Beautiful!

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much!! I really appreciate your compliments, which mean a lot.

Cehrabehra: Each band is about 2 mm wide. The melee diamonds are about half pointers (.05 carats each) so ~1 mm in diameter.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG OMG how did I miss this???!!!! I love it!!! I love that it's non-matchy but it looks great together! It looks way better than the photoshop thing I did with your ring! lol. I'm glad everything worked out so nice for you, I really like the "lace" on the knife edge, what a great idea you had! I am so in love with your set!!

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 7:39:52 PM
Author: blingergrrrl
OMG OMG how did I miss this???!!!! I love it!!! I love that it''s non-matchy but it looks great together! It looks way better than the photoshop thing I did with your ring! lol. I''m glad everything worked out so nice for you, I really like the ''lace'' on the knife edge, what a great idea you had! I am so in love with your set!!

Thanks blingergrrrl!! I was wondering where you were my photochopping friend
1.gif

Have you made any decisions on your ring? Do you like that new D. Vatche that needs a name here?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I missed your new band. It looks perfect with your ering. I see that you had Mimi''s Jewelry make it. How were they? I live in OC and have been looking for a jeweler for a few custom reset projects I have. Thanks.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love how your wband looks with your ering. Nicely done!

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
Had to comment and say, "Wow!" That MB lace inspiration is beautiful... both with the eRing and all on its own. Congratulations!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!! Your wedding set is breathtaking!! I''m a RB girl but your cushion is amazing! I think the sideview of your ering is my favorite view. Gosh ENJOY!
30.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
How exquisite! I just love the ring and the wedding band combo. I have tried on the Michael B Lace rings in yellow gold and they are beautiful. Your jeweler did an awesome job. So awesome that now I really want one too!!

Enjoy that gorgeous set - one of the most beautiful I have seen
36.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 7:54:34 AM
Author: bargaincrazy

Thanks blingergrrrl!! I was wondering where you were my photochopping friend
1.gif

Have you made any decisions on your ring? Do you like that new D. Vatche that needs a name here?
Yeah, that "Swan(?)" ring is fabo...I am SO lost on making any decisions, but it looks like I won't have to make any anytime soon. We are buying a new house this summer so the ring looks like it will be pushed back until (most likely) spring. So I will just be lurking on PS in the meantime (that's why I haven't been around as much).

I think I have decided on a new antique cushion for the centre stone tho as I love the shape and I have been converted to love chunky facets. I think that's one of the major reasons I am so drawn to your ring is because of your beautiful cushion (it's a modern modified, right?)! For the setting I've taken a fancy to this plain solitaire @ GOG http://goodoldgold.com/setting.php?s=1333&designer=64&ringStyle=1&singleResult=1 (pic below) and I was hoping to customize it by putting some melee on the basket part, although I am drawn to a modern art deco design that I kinda have floating around in my head for a possible custom job. I love MWM's Flame and Vatche's Swan (or whatever it will be called), but they almost seem too delicate for me..sigh, who knows! I have some time to make up my mind now!
And I FINALLY got a chance to try on a knife-edge pave band in a jeweler's just outside of Toronto and it did NOT suit me at all!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Anyways, I totally thread-jacked here! lol. Sorry 'bout that!

BTW, Have you noticed that your ring is ALL OVER ERD's webpage? It's the most gorgeous ring on the site (IMHO!)! What have people had to say about your set IRL (as I am sure people MUST ask about it!)?

DSCN7008copy__l.jpg

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 11:21:28 AM
Author: Miranda
I missed your new band. It looks perfect with your ering. I see that you had Mimi''s Jewelry make it. How were they? I live in OC and have been looking for a jeweler for a few custom reset projects I have. Thanks.

Hi Miranda,

I would recommend going to see them. I worked with David, and he was very accomodating and helpful. I''m not an expert like some of these PSers, so I can''t say whether the quality ranks up with Michael B. Mimi''s was able to do exactly what I wanted with pretty general instructions. I''m definitely satisfied enough to go back for another project. I want to have my original ER pear made into a pendant.

Thanks!

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Not at all a threadjack blingergrrrl. I was the one who inquired. I really like that GOG plain solitaire. Sometimes those plain solitaires really get me, even though I never considered myself a plain solitaire gal. My cushion is not a modern (I don''t think. It''s a cushion brilliant, and I think the modern cuts are called cushion modified brilliant.

It''s good that you have more time to think about it. Then you''ll make sure you find the perfect setting and stone.

Yes, I noticed that there''s a "Jennifer" ring in the Mark T. Collection now. I''m so proud. Oddly, I hardly get compliments on my ring, even though it''s definitely more breathtaking in person than pictures, and I certainly stop to stare at it all the time. I would love to meet PSers in person if the opportunity presented itself so that we could share our rings live
1.gif
I remember getting stopped a lot for my old ER...the pear (ugh) way back when I first got engaged/married. Now, I get more compliments on my kids. Go figure.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 4:30:53 PM
Author: bargaincrazy
Not at all a threadjack blingergrrrl. I was the one who inquired. I really like that GOG plain solitaire. Sometimes those plain solitaires really get me, even though I never considered myself a plain solitaire gal. My cushion is not a modern (I don''t think. It''s a cushion brilliant, and I think the modern cuts are called cushion modified brilliant.
Do happen to have a scan of your cert with the facet pattern on it? I would love to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results