shape
carat
color
clarity

New 2.48 cushion w pave setting by Mark T @ ERD!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Last one...FOR NOW
36.gif

IMG_3633_ps.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 12:12:29 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 12/23/2006 11:42:56 AM
Author: decodelighted
(Mrssalvo? Calling Mrssalvo!)
I''m here, I''m here and i''m just speachless.
I think your RB would look amazing in this setting! Different ... but Daniel K FAB! Good to know there ARE other places to get such
30.gif
custom work, huh!

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and compliments!! You are all too kind.

My ring size is 5, but my original E-ring was a size 4. Suffice to say, my fingers have gotten bigger after two kids, even though I''m back to pre-prego weight. My distribution of weight sure has changed, but that''s a topic for a different board
1.gif
This new ring is a bit loose, and I could have gotten a 4.75, but wanted to be safe after reading about differences in sizing.

On our 5th anniversary (in 2004) I squeezed on my wedding ring (which I hadn''t worn since having my first chidl). My finger quickly swelled up, and I had to go to a local jeweler to get it cut off. Then, recently while ring shopping, a jeweler insisted that I try on his 4.5 sizer, and the same thing happened!!
6.gif

As you''ve probably guessed, the new cushion is an upgrade...to my husband''s dismay. My original e-ring was a 1.64 C pear, and while I loved it at the time, I felt that it just wasn''t me anymore. My husband took some convincing. He''s still not totally convinced, but he agrees that my new ring is beautiful.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 12:15:10 PM
Date: 12/23/2006 12:12:29 PM

Author: mrssalvo

Date: 12/23/2006 11:42:56 AM

(Mrssalvo? Calling Mrssalvo!)

I''m here, I''m here and i''m just speachless.

I think your RB would look amazing in this setting! Different ... but Daniel K FAB! Good to know there ARE other places to get such
30.gif
custom work, huh!

yes deco, it is good to know
27.gif
32.gif
2.gif

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
That''s an absolute beauty! Stunning! Now, I''m having some second thoughts about the stone we put on hold. Mine would be 1.61 carat, but after seeing yours, i''m thinking that bigger size is the true meaning of a cushion! Enjoy your ring!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, I love it. It''s fabulous. Enjoy!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This one left me speechless. The stone is exquisite and the setting - I don''t have words. It is absolutely perfect. You know, there is a setting very similar on Leon Meje''s site and I have been oogling it. Then yours came and it looks amazing. This is just the most beautiful complimentary combination of setting and stone. Excellent
30.gif
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love this ring!!! I just love the knife edge pave on this ring and the pave on the basket, gorgeous!!! Your cushion is to die for as well, congratulations!!! It is so beautiful!!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
That is one gorgeous ring. Congrats.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 12:23:32 PM
Author: bargaincrazy
Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and compliments!! You are all too kind.

My ring size is 5, but my original E-ring was a size 4. Suffice to say, my fingers have gotten bigger after two kids, even though I''m back to pre-prego weight. My distribution of weight sure has changed, but that''s a topic for a different board
1.gif
This new ring is a bit loose, and I could have gotten a 4.75, but wanted to be safe after reading about differences in sizing.

On our 5th anniversary (in 2004) I squeezed on my wedding ring (which I hadn''t worn since having my first chidl). My finger quickly swelled up, and I had to go to a local jeweler to get it cut off. Then, recently while ring shopping, a jeweler insisted that I try on his 4.5 sizer, and the same thing happened!!
6.gif

As you''ve probably guessed, the new cushion is an upgrade...to my husband''s dismay. My original e-ring was a 1.64 C pear, and while I loved it at the time, I felt that it just wasn''t me anymore. My husband took some convincing. He''s still not totally convinced, but he agrees that my new ring is beautiful.
It really is just beautiful Bargaincrazy....just curious, did you keep your orignal e-ring? Or did you trade it in?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, I''m glad I caught this one before leaving town! The stone is gorgeous and the setting has to be one of my favorites on here!
30.gif
I love that basket!!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Your cushion almost looks like mine only bigger! I love the setting on it. Somehow I can never get enough of gorgeous cushions.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!! I think I fainted when I saw your ring. LOVE IT!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So lovely! Very Ashley Judd-esque! (hers is one of my fave celeb e-rings)

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is very beautiful. Love the stone....

Enjoy and wear it in good health and happines!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
love love love it!! congrats!!!
36.gif

in love with the profile shot! so yummy!!
18.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That is an amazing cushion, and I love the setting. Mark definitely outdid himself with that combo. Nice job and congrats on a beautiful ring.

shay

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
You ring is luscious!!! Oh Wow! The cushion is awesome and the setting is gorgeous! Enjoy!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous! congrats!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I love the side profile.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome awesome awesome!!! I saw a 1.6 carat stone in that cut last night and I really like it! It''s a gorgeous cut and I *love* your setting and it''s just beautiful :)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
W.o.W.

That has got to be one of the most amazing rings i''ve ever seen! The cushion''s proportions, the perfect craftsmanship... everything''s absolutely perfect on it!!

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 12:29:21 PM
Author: Ladyoflovers
That''s an absolute beauty! Stunning! Now, I''m having some second thoughts about the stone we put on hold. Mine would be 1.61 carat, but after seeing yours, i''m thinking that bigger size is the true meaning of a cushion! Enjoy your ring!

I don''t know. I''ve seen lots of stones under 1 carat that look big in the handshots. Mine doesn''t look THAT big to me on my hand. I''m not complaining (I think it''s perfect), but my fingers are pretty narrow, and I almost expect the diamond to look bigger on my hand. I guess the same size RB would look bigger. Of course, I LOVE it and wouldn''t go bigger (heh heh, probably wouldn''t), but I don''t think it looks huge on my hand. I decided against the halo, because I thought the stone would stand up on its own and the halo would be too much. I guess I''m just saying it''s weird how different size stones don''t always look as big or small as you would expect, and 1.61 is a good size. Cut, sparkle, and fire are the most important!!

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 3:11:31 PM
Author: Dani

It really is just beautiful Bargaincrazy....just curious, did you keep your orignal e-ring? Or did you trade it in?

Thank you Dani! I wanted to trade in the pear (1.64 D VVS2), but was so low balled by some dealers (not Mark T), that I still have it. Mark said he''d try to help me sell it, but everyone keeps saying to make it into a pendant. I know it would make a gorgeous pendant, but I just feel guilty NOT putting the value towards the new ring. My husband thinks I''m trying to sabotage his early retirement plan
1.gif
I''m not sure what I''ll do. Still thinking about it. I might just keep it and do a pendant for our 10th wedding anniversary in 2009.

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your exclamations of approval!! I LOVE it all. It''s like being queen for a day. I knew I could count on this PS community for some pure unadulterated affirmation
36.gif
What could be better! Oh yeah, and having the ring on my finger is nice too
1.gif

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Wonderful...magnificent...gorgeous...I fell in love with your ring !!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Congrats it is really marvellous !

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 3:26:15 AM

Thank you Dani! I wanted to trade in the pear (1.64 D VVS2), but was so low balled by some dealers (not Mark T), that I still have it. Mark said he'd try to help me sell it, but everyone keeps saying to make it into a pendant. I know it would make a gorgeous pendant, but I just feel guilty NOT putting the value towards the new ring. My husband thinks I'm trying to sabotage his early retirement plan
1.gif
I'm not sure what I'll do. Still thinking about it. I might just keep it and do a pendant for our 10th wedding anniversary in 2009.

Bummer. Would you have felt sentimental about trading your orig e-ring in though? I often think about that- I would eventually love to upgrade, ( I have a 1.7 EC) but I always wonder if I will feel bad giving away my original e-ring (although I myself did pick the stone out)!!! Whenver I mention the whole upgrading process to my friends/family, they seem shocked, like, "OMG- you would give up your orig ring???!!" Most of the time I say that I would be fine with it, it is only a diamond, and then sometimes I think, "well, this IS the ring FI proposed to me with...."

I say if you can't get a good price for your stone, make it into a pendant and wear it around your neck...that would look beautiful!!!!
30.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Geez, I don''t remember if that''s the stone LOL...Too funny!

But it''s a BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The setting work Mark''s people do is amazing! I really love that setting!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
W
23.gif
W!!!

looooove this ring! so delicate so PERFECT! definitely one of my faves here on ps!
love the knife edge pave. it''s so lovely!

please post LOTS more pics!!

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 9:45:22 AM
Date: 12/24/2006 3:26:15 AM

Thank you Dani! I wanted to trade in the pear (1.64 D VVS2), but was so low balled by some dealers (not Mark T), that I still have it. Mark said he''d try to help me sell it, but everyone keeps saying to make it into a pendant. I know it would make a gorgeous pendant, but I just feel guilty NOT putting the value towards the new ring. My husband thinks I''m trying to sabotage his early retirement plan
1.gif
I''m not sure what I''ll do. Still thinking about it. I might just keep it and do a pendant for our 10th wedding anniversary in 2009.

Bummer. Would you have felt sentimental about trading your orig e-ring in though? I often think about that- I would eventually love to upgrade, ( I have a 1.7 EC) but I always wonder if I will feel bad giving away my original e-ring (although I myself did pick the stone out)!!! Whenver I mention the whole upgrading process to my friends/family, they seem shocked, like, ''OMG- you would give up your orig ring???!!'' Most of the time I say that I would be fine with it, it is only a diamond, and then sometimes I think, ''well, this IS the ring FI proposed to me with....''

I say if you can''t get a good price for your stone, make it into a pendant and wear it around your neck...that would look beautiful!!!!
30.gif

It''s a dilemma. I can totally understand that people have an emotional attachment to an original e-ring. I hope it doesn''t mean I''m cold and unfeeling that I have a very logical and pragmatic approach to an upgrade. I also picked out my original e-ring stone and setting. It''s not like the stone was passed down generations through DH''s family. If money were no object, of course I''d keep it. I don''t know. Still pondering. I guess I have enough of an attachment to it to not let it go for thousands less than it''s worth (to me), but if someone offered the right price, I''d probably sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results