shape
carat
color
clarity

New 2.48 cushion w pave setting by Mark T @ ERD!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
A few more just for you jcrow
1.gif
Okay, it''s really just me wanting to take more and more and more pics. I also want to take some pics outdoors on leaves and flowers, etc. Probably will wait until DH goes back to work. He thinks I''m such a lunatic as it is...hah hah.

IMG_3696_ps.jpg

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
I can''t figure out how some people post such large pics. I have to crop and resize repeatedly to get under 100KB. That''s why all my pics are so closeup.

IMG_3690_ps.JPG

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
these are starting to all look the same to me...

LAST ONE...again just FOR NOW.

ETA: Sorry, this pic is very blurry. The original pic looked great, but to resize down to 100K, this is what I ended up with...yuck!

IMG_3707_ps2.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2006 4:08:21 AM
Author: bargaincrazy

Date: 12/24/2006 9:45:22 AM
Author: Dani

Date: 12/24/2006 3:26:15 AM

Date: 12/23/2006 3:11:31 PM

Author: Dani

It really is just beautiful Bargaincrazy....just curious, did you keep your orignal e-ring? Or did you trade it in?

Thank you Dani! I wanted to trade in the pear (1.64 D VVS2), but was so low balled by some dealers (not Mark T), that I still have it. Mark said he'd try to help me sell it, but everyone keeps saying to make it into a pendant. I know it would make a gorgeous pendant, but I just feel guilty NOT putting the value towards the new ring. My husband thinks I'm trying to sabotage his early retirement plan
1.gif
I'm not sure what I'll do. Still thinking about it. I might just keep it and do a pendant for our 10th wedding anniversary in 2009.

Bummer. Would you have felt sentimental about trading your orig e-ring in though? I often think about that- I would eventually love to upgrade, ( I have a 1.7 EC) but I always wonder if I will feel bad giving away my original e-ring (although I myself did pick the stone out)!!! Whenver I mention the whole upgrading process to my friends/family, they seem shocked, like, 'OMG- you would give up your orig ring???!!' Most of the time I say that I would be fine with it, it is only a diamond, and then sometimes I think, 'well, this IS the ring FI proposed to me with....'

I say if you can't get a good price for your stone, make it into a pendant and wear it around your neck...that would look beautiful!!!!
30.gif

It's a dilemma. I can totally understand that people have an emotional attachment to an original e-ring. I hope it doesn't mean I'm cold and unfeeling that I have a very logical and pragmatic approach to an upgrade. I also picked out my original e-ring stone and setting. It's not like the stone was passed down generations through DH's family. If money were no object, of course I'd keep it. I don't know. Still pondering. I guess I have enough of an attachment to it to not let it go for thousands less than it's worth (to me), but if someone offered the right price, I'd probably sell it.
Hi BC-

I have to say, I agree with you re: the whole "original e-ring" thing. I often also think that I must be cold and callous, just b/c I dont feel this intense feeling of attachment to my diamond....to me, its lovely (that's why I picked it in the first place!), but I know that eventually I am going to want to trade it up to get a larger one......Sometimes I feel guilty, but then I get over it when I realize I would only truly upgrade if we had the $$$ for it anyway...its not a necessity, at least not in the short term, I really love my stone...but someday....
11.gif

I guess in a perfect world, I would keep my orig e-ring and get another stone for the upgrade, but these things cost so much darn $$$ that I dont think that would be possible, I would have to trade it in....we also purchased my diamond and setting from Mark T- he was great, and I know if and when it is time to upgrade, he will be right there to help me find my next stone!!!
2.gif

Your ring is truly lovely- Mark and his jewelers did an awesome job on the ring-they also made my setting, and it is gorgeous too!! They really do great work! Enjoy your ring- I just love cushions!!!
36.gif
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow~! thank you!!! these pics are FABULOUS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Man, I am looooving these cushions! Yours is beautiful and I really like the setting.
18.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ooooh congrats on your upgrade... that is a fantastic cushion... !!!
36.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'',m lovin that sweetheart
30.gif
. Congrats!!!!

cheers--Sharon

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
I love your ring! The stone and setting are gorgeous.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely cushion. Love the L/W ratio and the setting too. I really like the side shots of the setting.

This has been added to my "PS stones to see in person" List! Any close ups of the facet pattern?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2006 3:20:03 AM

Date: 12/23/2006 12:29:21 PM
Author: Ladyoflovers
That''s an absolute beauty! Stunning! Now, I''m having some second thoughts about the stone we put on hold. Mine would be 1.61 carat, but after seeing yours, i''m thinking that bigger size is the true meaning of a cushion! Enjoy your ring!

I don''t know. I''ve seen lots of stones under 1 carat that look big in the handshots. Mine doesn''t look THAT big to me on my hand. I''m not complaining (I think it''s perfect), but my fingers are pretty narrow, and I almost expect the diamond to look bigger on my hand. I guess the same size RB would look bigger. Of course, I LOVE it and wouldn''t go bigger (heh heh, probably wouldn''t), but I don''t think it looks huge on my hand. I decided against the halo, because I thought the stone would stand up on its own and the halo would be too much. I guess I''m just saying it''s weird how different size stones don''t always look as big or small as you would expect, and 1.61 is a good size. Cut, sparkle, and fire are the most important!!
How a stone looks on YOUR hand really depends on YOUR hand. RBs don''t look good on me but they look great on other folks. What size a diamond appears to be depends on the mm size. So it''s not about ct weight it''s all about mm size! And then your finger size too of course. LOL

So take a look at the stone you put on hold and let us know how it looks on YOUR hand. Of course I''m nosey and want to know your ring size and the stone''s mm size too. And photos and all the other stats too. It may be a FAB cushion.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if I responded already, but your ring is super gorgeous!!! It looks so amazing on your hand and the setting is truly beautiful. The cushion is just WOW!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beeeeeeeeautiful!!!

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 2:39:20 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Lovely cushion. Love the L/W ratio and the setting too. I really like the side shots of the setting.

This has been added to my ''PS stones to see in person'' List! Any close ups of the facet pattern?

Hi Stone Hunter. I LOVE your ring too btw. I was so impressed with Danhov''s work when I went to their LA office. It took me a few days to get some decent pics of the facet pattern. Is this what you mean?

IMG_3853_ps.JPG

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another closeup of facet pattern. Those little random fibers caught in the prongs are gross I know.

IMG_3823_ps_closeup.JPG

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18.gif

beautiful!!!!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 10:41:19 PM
Here''s another closeup of facet pattern. Those little random fibers caught in the prongs are gross I know.
Moneyshot!!! Wow, gorgeous cushion!

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I promise these are the last unsolicited pics for this thread. I''ve just been trying for days to take a nice nature pic, and wanted to get my last shots while the polish is still shiny and new
1.gif

IMG_4023_ps.JPG

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Sorry so large, but they are under 100K I swear...

IMG_4031_ps.JPG

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Your ring is gorgeous!!!
30.gif
In a perfect world, I would have one of those too!

I didn''t read the thread, so forgive me if you''ve already mentioned it, but do you know the L/W ratio of your diamond?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS!! I just adore your ring! Enjoy!!!
36.gif

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 3:29:40 AM
Author: jayrenay9
Wow! Your ring is gorgeous!!!
30.gif
In a perfect world, I would have one of those too!

I didn''t read the thread, so forgive me if you''ve already mentioned it, but do you know the L/W ratio of your diamond?

Thanks jayrenay9...the ratio is 1.08, a slight rectangle. Funny, when I saw it for the first time at the jewelers it looked more rectangular, but in any case, I love it.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Love those last nature shots. I have a cushion too and love yours. I also have a medium culet. I would love some fluorescence too, but alas, mine doesn''t have it.

Great stone and setting. Absolutely gorgeous!

honeybee

Rough_Rock
bargaincrazy, your ring is gorgeous
30.gif
I thought nothing would ever beat my Ritani obsession, but I think your beauty has officially done it . I read through the thread but didn''t see any mention of width. How wide is your e-ring band ??

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 7:14:12 PM
Author: honeybee
30.gif
I thought nothing would ever beat my Ritani obsession, but I think your beauty has officially done it . I read through the thread but didn''t see any mention of width. How wide is your e-ring band ??

Thank you very much honeybee! I originally asked for a 2.5 mm wide band, but it turned out to be about exactly 2 mm wide...very delicate. I recently posted on another thread about what kind of WB to get, and I think I will go wider with the WB (2.5 - 3 mm). I like the contrast and I want to be able to wear the WB alone on occasion. I''m still undecided though on style, width, etc.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful!!
9.gif

honeybee

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 7:27:42 PM

Date: 2/6/2007 7:14:12 PM
Author: honeybee
30.gif

Thank you very much honeybee! I originally asked for a 2.5 mm wide band, but it turned out to be about exactly 2 mm wide...very delicate. I recently posted on another thread about what kind of WB to get, and I think I will go wider with the WB (2.5 - 3 mm). I like the contrast and I want to be able to wear the WB alone on occasion. I''m still undecided though on style, width, etc.
Wow, the width is just perfect and I think that it would be beautiful paired w/ a wider band. (maybe a plain platinum band) it would really set off your
30.gif
cushion.

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Hi Bargaincrazy! Your ring is beautiful!! Absolutely stunning!! Thanks for appeasing us with the new pics :)

3 quick questions if you dont mind!

1. How long did the custom process take for you?
2. How many ''adjustments'' did you have to make to the CAD images look like what you wanted?
3. What is the quality of your side stones? Did you pick them yourself or did ERD do it?

Answer only if you have time...and thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results