shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED YOUR OPINION:which one would you choose/huggies?

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Please help me to choose between these two styles, which ones would you prefer?

1. WF shared prong huggies 1ctw (10 melee, 0.10ct each) or

2. BGD x-prong huggies 1,44ctw (12 melee, 0.12ct each)

There is a lot of info about shared prong huggies, but nothing about x-prong...., could not find anything. Like the idea of 12 * 0.12ct signature melee :), but mostly have doubts about the x-prong setting how would it look on the ear.

5471w18-1.jpg

shared-prong-diamond-hoop-earrings-in-18k-white-gold_gi_6473-100_b.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how the x prong will look either but I vote for whichever huggies show more diamonds than metal. I like bigger stones and more of them so the x prong from BGD has that going for them. Can you ask BGD for photos of someone wearing the x prongs so you can see how they look from the front and side when they are worn on the ears?

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

Thank you for your reply.
I have asked for more info at BGD, unfortunately they do not have any....it is a custom made setting, does not seem to be very popular one, maybe it is the reason: to much metal compared to shared prong setting.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they cannot provide photos and if no one here can share them either I wouldn't consider the x prong setting then. However, whichever pair you choose I would want to make sure that all you see are diamonds when on the ear. It is a pet peeve (of mine at least) when one is wearing huggies to see any metal as it is distracting (to me). So if I were purchasing a pair now I would want enough diamonds to go around the ear as possible so the metal would not be obvious.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Me too, i want more diamonds and as less as possible visible metal....

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the WF ones. The BGDs are too busy for my taste. I feel the setting is distracting.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RockBrat|1458128955|4006042 said:
I prefer the WF ones. The BGDs are too busy for my taste. I feel the setting is distracting.

That's exactly what I was going to say...X-prong too busy, WF nice.

Edit...what is the price difference. Are the WF less expensive since they have less stones?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a long time the BG prices were higher for one thing (haven't looked lately). But I also prefer the simple WF settings.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you RockBrat, Tyty and Diamondseeker for your inputs. For the price, BGD is more expensive, but he offers BD discount :wink2: that's why these huggies would be at the same price range....I must admit that WF huggies are my favorite too, i only wish i could do bigger than 1 ctw :wall: 1,5 ctw would be perfection!!! :love: :love: :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like the BGD only because with six stones, you have more diamonds covering the huggie setting. I have 5 stone huggies at 1.45 and i guess my earlobes are "plump" and my piercing is centered, so I can actually see the bottom of my huggie where it's metal ;( It depends on your ears, i suppose.

Do you have a costco membership? I would order online these
http://www.costco.com/Round-Brilliant-1.45-ctw-VS2-Clarity%2c-I-Color-Diamond-14kt-White-Gold-Hoop-Earrings.product.11135664.html
to try out - if you don't like them, you can return them in store. If they are too much bling, then go WF 1-ctw. If you want 6 diamond coverage, go BGD. Maybe the Costco ones will be just right. who knows. lolol...

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Coralfish|1458153196|4006208 said:
I intensely dislike the excess of metal at the sides of the diamonds in the WF shared prong setting. Can they do something like this. Small adjustment but makes an enormous difference

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/introducing-my-2-00ctw-id-jewelry-huggies-small-hoops.157852/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/introducing-my-2-00ctw-id-jewelry-huggies-small-hoops.157852/[/URL]

BGD's shared prong huggies look similar to IDJ huggies or the other way around:

5476w18-0.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the BG ones. The WF setting doesn't look very pretty to me.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I've never seen the BGD ones in person, but I have the Costco ones and they are beautiful. Can't beat the price or the return policy!

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
PintoBean,it is no problem to get used to 1.5 ctw diamond huggies, I wear daily BGD's tiny huggies 0.24ctw and sure that at first 1.5 ctw might feel too much bling, but i believe in DSS :naughty:
Costco huggies are very budget friendly, the setting is four prong setting and it looks IMO similar to BGD's (back side and the lock?)??

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you telephone and wildcat, never thought that it would be so hard to choose huggies.....i have checked all threads on huggies and the more info i get more lost i am :wall: , but i'm sure about the size! 1.5 ctw :love:

Coralfish

Shiny_Rock
Quite similar (Costco & BGD settings) only notable difference is bifurcated vs shared prong (and Costco is 14k, I believe BGD Is 18k?) So you will see roughly (but not quite) double the number of prongs on the Costco hoop. It is a slightly less streamlined look but worth it if there is a substantial carat weight difference. There is actually a thread I believe where a PSer was deciding between (?)BGD 1cttw and Costco 1.45cttw hoops and pictured them side by side. The Costco were the obvious choice. I will look for it. In the meantime I'm sure you've seen this very helpful thread

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whiteflash-diamond-hoops-x-3.173125/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whiteflash-diamond-hoops-x-3.173125/page-2[/URL]

ETA found it! Toward the bottom of the page by PSer winternight. It is WF and not BGD, vs Costco

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-earrings-costco-or-whiteflash-and-why.130686/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-earrings-costco-or-whiteflash-and-why.130686/page-2[/URL]

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the 1.5ct WF version and they are my go to earrings besides my studs. I have not regretted my choice. Hope this helps! :wavey:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks Coralfish and PintoBean! I've just read the threads, WOW! I see why Costco huggies were out of stock :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
M-2-b Your jewelry collection is perfection! :love: I will definitely go with 1.5 ctw

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm very excited about the 1.5 ctw huggies, but for the setting would prefer shared prongs..., Costco price is very tempting though... :Up_to_something:

I have to sleep on it :think: :think: :think:

Q

Queenie60

Roi: Take a look at ID Jewelry - they have very beautiful huggies and if you call Yekutiel he can be sure that you get high quality diamonds in your huggies. It's worth a look. Hope you find a pair you like!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found some old close up pics of my WF huggies for you to compare. They have the shared prongs which give a more scalloped look/less metal seen. The side profiles are also very open, allowing for more light to shine through. This feature has definitely made it easier for me to clean in between each diamond.

img_11095.jpg

img_11096.jpg

img_11097.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yes, my WF settings were very open on the sides, not like that picture of the WF huggies in the picture at the top.

img_11098.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the WF ones. To me they will look like they have less metal from the front.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1458176834|4006456 said:
I found some old close up pics of my WF huggies for you to compare. They have the shared prongs which give a more scalloped look/less metal seen. The side profiles are also very open, allowing for more light to shine through. This feature has definitely made it easier for me to clean in between each diamond.

Omg.. THAT brightness and contrast on each individual diamond.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sleeping did not help me, but M-2-b and DS photos of WF huggies did :love: :love: :love: "must have these" - is the only thing i can think of :doh: :doh: :doh:

I shall try to get funds for WF 1.5 ctw., if not will go with budget friendly version :Up_to_something: :wink2:

THANK YOU ALL FOR FOR SHARING YOUR HUGGIE EXPERIENCES!!!! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results