shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Introducing my 2.00ctw ID Jewelry huggies/small hoops!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
I had been recently stalking all the diamond hoop/huggie threads, because I was itching for a second pair of diamond earrings to wear. I have been thoroughly enjoying my 1.65ctw BGD martini studs, but occasionally I wanted something with a little more presence on the ear than a diamond stud. I had been considering the 1.5ctw Costco hoops that have been posted here, but I don't have a Costco membership and really preferred to go with a PS vendor. On a whim, I emailed ID Jewelry to see what they had. I was looking at either 1.5ctw or 2.0ctw with 5 stones per earring (15 pointers or 20 pointers). These aren't featured on their website, but I quickly learned that IDJ can get pretty much anything you could want. Luann was great with email communication, and I was blown away by the low prices IDJ offered. Since the IDJ 2.0ctw version was going to be less than the 1.5ctw Costco version, I opted to go with IDJ. And another awesome selling point for IDJ, I can upgrade these earrings at any time if I decide I want some larger stones. I'm not aware of any other PS vendor that offers an upgrade policy on melee diamonds. What's not to love about that?

Honestly, the earrings were a little bigger than I expected they would be. The hoop itself was a little larger than I pictured, and the 20 pointer diamonds have a definite presence on the ear! I have worn them non-stop for the past three weeks, and I really love them!

Stats on the diamonds:
~2.00ctw - 10 20-pointer diamonds
~F/G color - very white to my eyes, compared to my three stone ring with I/J colored diamonds, these appear much whiter
~SI - definitely eye clean, but I can see some inclusions with my loupe
~Excellent cut - I have a BGD H&A viewer, and all the stones display some pretty nice arrows, not perfect but definitely well-cut stones

Here are some pics. First up are the ones Luann sent before they shipped...

IMG_2163.JPG

IMG_2164.JPG

IMG_2165.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
A couple other pics...

IMG_2182.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Last one - a real life perspective shot

IMG_2284.JPG

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
I know there have been a couple of threads about diamond hoops/huggies floating around recently, so if you have any questions about my IDJ experience, please feel free to ask!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look awesome jill!! My gosh, they are very substantial, they show up so beautifully on your ear. 20 pointers...those are some nice size stones! I love them, they're perfect...enjoy and congrats!

ETA: And that three stone ain't bad either! :naughty:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa - those are *stunners!!* They're huge in your ears - must be absolutely blinding IRL :love: :sun: :lickout:

I like that the hoops themselves are so tiny, too - they really hug your earlobes, I love that look!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Love these! They look wonderful and very substantial on your ears.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow, those are super blingy :lickout: they look great on your ears!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big and Beautiful and Bountiful!!!! Great size! Love your huggies!

Yes Luann is great! They can get you almost anything. I had a similar experience with my most recent purchase. Website didn't have what I liked so emailed Luan what I was looking for, and she had it!

Your huggies say "Hey look at me!" They are absolutely gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: :love:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
These are gorgeous!!!!! I so want a pair!!!:) :appl:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
I love PS!!! I was going to call IDJ today for a quote on a pair of huggies and I'm glad I saw your thread. I had messaged LALove about the stone quality of her eternity ring (F/G, SI1). I was thinking smaller though, probably 10 pointers, 5 on each side.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani|1300095266|2871242 said:
These are gorgeous!!!!! I so want a pair!!!:) :appl:

Me too!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
So lovely! :love:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
jill_s|1300076981|2871181 said:
I had been recently stalking all the diamond hoop/huggie threads, because I was itching for a second pair of diamond earrings to wear. I have been thoroughly enjoying my 1.65ctw BGD martini studs, but occasionally I wanted something with a little more presence on the ear than a diamond stud. I had been considering the 1.5ctw Costco hoops that have been posted here, but I don't have a Costco membership and really preferred to go with a PS vendor. On a whim, I emailed ID Jewelry to see what they had. I was looking at either 1.5ctw or 2.0ctw with 5 stones per earring (15 pointers or 20 pointers). These aren't featured on their website, but I quickly learned that IDJ can get pretty much anything you could want. Luann was great with email communication, and I was blown away by the low prices IDJ offered. Since the IDJ 2.0ctw version was going to be less than the 1.5ctw Costco version, I opted to go with IDJ. And another awesome selling point for IDJ, I can upgrade these earrings at any time if I decide I want some larger stones. I'm not aware of any other PS vendor that offers an upgrade policy on melee diamonds. What's not to love about that?

Honestly, the earrings were a little bigger than I expected they would be. The hoop itself was a little larger than I pictured, and the 20 pointer diamonds have a definite presence on the ear! I have worn them non-stop for the past three weeks, and I really love them!

Stats on the diamonds:
~F/G color - very white to my eyes, compared to my three stone ring with I/J colored diamonds, these appear much whiter
~Excellent cut - I have a BGD H&A viewer, and all the stones display some pretty nice arrows, not perfect but definitely well-cut stones

JillS - are you talking about these Costco item? They are 1.45 total carat for $2K
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11135664&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|108|56641|90495&N=4046383&Mo=15&pos=2&No=7&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=90495&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC36121-Cat56641&topnav=

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
junebug, yssie, kittybean, slg47, zestfullybling, dani, tyty, mrswahs - thanks so much for your sweet posts! I am loving these hoops, and they have definite ear presence! I was out shopping a couple days ago, and I was standing underneath some spotlight lighting in a dept store. I looked up at a mirror that was probably 30 feet away from me, and these earrings were on fire! I liked seeing all that sparkle on my ears!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely! Enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! They look very big. It is a great size.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
OCmom3xboys|1300135501|2871675 said:
jill_s|1300076981|2871181 said:

Stats on the diamonds:

JillS - are you talking about these Costco item? They are 1.45 total carat for $2K
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11135664&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|108|56641|90495&N=4046383&Mo=15&pos=2&No=7&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=90495&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC36121-Cat56641&topnav=

OC - yes those are the Costco earrings I was referring to. The main difference between mine and the Costco pair are that mine are shared-prong vs. four prongs per stone. My hoop from top to bottom measures just a tiny bit under 3/4 in (which is slightly larger than the Costco pair). For reference, my hoops are basically the size of a dime. My dilemna was between 15 and 20 pointers. I feel like my earlobes are on the medium-large size, and I wanted a small hoop but not one that "hugged" my ear. I wanted the hoop to hang a little from the ear (if that makes sense). In the end, I decided on the 20 pointers, because the price difference was only ~$350 and I felt like the size difference would be more noticable. In general, I like bolder statement jewelry pieces, so I feel like these are perfect for me. I have no problem wearing them everyday with jeans and a tshirt (I'm a SAHM), but I could also easily wear them for a dressed up occasion too.

I saw your other thread about the 10-pointers, so hopefully this extra info helped? If you have any other questions, please let me know!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
OCmom3xboys|1300112201|2871325 said:
I love PS!!! I was going to call IDJ today for a quote on a pair of huggies and I'm glad I saw your thread. I had messaged LALove about the stone quality of her eternity ring (F/G, SI1). I was thinking smaller though, probably 10 pointers, 5 on each side.

I was browsing LALove's thread and saw your question. I had been meaning to post pics and a review for a couple weeks, but seeing your post prompted me to finally do it! PS is great for that, isn't it?

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
OHHHHHHH.....I really love them. I think they're a perfect size and give you great coverage. P.S. Your ring looks smashing in the photo as well :naughty:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! They must give off spectacular sparkle!!! :love:

They look lovely on you!

Cachette :))

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Jill S - what did you pay for the 20 pointers? If you don't mind sharing, if you prefer, please email me the answer to **edited by moderator. to stay safe please do not post personal information on the forum**. Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really beautiful and very complimentary to your rings! :love: :appl:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Now those are some huggies!!!! So gorgeous and classic and elegant! LOOOVE them!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!! And PERFECT timing. I am shopping for huggies right now too. I have spent the entire day debating between the Costco pair and Whiteflash. How secure are the backs? I want to be able to wear them every day too. Seems like you got a FANTASTIC price if its less than the Costco pair. CONGRATS!!!!! :appl:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal, lugurl, cachette, diamondseeker2006, LALove - thank you! Appreciate your posts.

Farleysmom- I couldn't help but sneak in a pic of my three stone.:Up_to_something: I'm still LOVING it and so glad I did the reset!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
OCmom3xboys|1300147581|2871841 said:
Jill S - what did you pay for the 20 pointers? If you don't mind sharing, if you prefer, please email me the answer to **edited by moderator. to stay safe please do not post personal information on the forum**. Thanks!

The quote I got for my 2ctw earrings was $1850 - less than the WF 1ctw pair and the Costco 1.5ctw pair. IDJ quoted the 1.5ctw at $1500. I honestly thought there was a typo in Luann's email when I read the price! The settings are 14k - sturdy but not too heavy. I feel like the stones exceeded my expectations. The color was better than expected, the cut was better than expected (nearly all the stones display nice arrows), and the clarity was as expected. Luann promised eye-clean stones (all 10 stones are eye-clean), but one of the stones has a decent sized black inclusion which I can easily see with the loupe (they are SI stones afterall) but does appear eye-clean without the loupe.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
lbbaber|1300150817|2871909 said:
BEAUTIFUL!!! And PERFECT timing. I am shopping for huggies right now too. I have spent the entire day debating between the Costco pair and Whiteflash. How secure are the backs? I want to be able to wear them every day too. Seems like you got a FANTASTIC price if its less than the Costco pair. CONGRATS!!!!! :appl:

I feel like I did get a great deal on these earrings. The backs are very secure. There is a place on the back of the hoop that the post clicks into, and I have to pull hard to get them off. My ears hurt the first couple days I wore them, because I was pulling so hard to get the earring to come off. Eventually I figured out how to take them out without tugging on my earlobes, and my earlobes are thanking me! These will not come off without a good pull at just the right angle to get them off. I was concerned about the safety of these as well, but they are very secure! I have them insured (like I do all my diamond jewelry), but I would be shocked if one of them just fell out of my ear.

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
jill_s|1300162142|2872065 said:
OCmom3xboys|1300147581|2871841 said:

The quote I got for my 2ctw earrings was $1850 - less than the WF 1ctw pair and the Costco 1.5ctw pair. IDJ quoted the 1.5ctw at $1500. I honestly thought there was a typo in Luann's email when I read the price! The settings are 14k - sturdy but not too heavy. I feel like the stones exceeded my expectations. The color was better than expected, the cut was better than expected (nearly all the stones display nice arrows), and the clarity was as expected. Luann promised eye-clean stones (all 10 stones are eye-clean), but one of the stones has a decent sized black inclusion which I can easily see with the loupe (they are SI stones afterall) but does appear eye-clean without the loupe.

Thank you for your response!

I ended up ordering from my local jeweler I have known for 6 years now. I will be getting a pair, set in 18k white gold, prongs like yours except a tiny bit less than 20 pointers, more like 17/18 pointers. I wanted to get the same quality stones (E/F, VS2) as my existing diamond studs which I will be wearing next to the huggies and my budget does not allow me to get 20 pointers. The 10 pointers would have been fine but I just didn't wanna wish I would have gotten bigger stones. These huggies will just be a tiny bit smaller than my eternity ring which has 23 pointers. I'm excited to see them in 2-3 weeks and I don't see myself getting anymore diamonds for a while = we're shopping for a bigger home :)

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing these...I just ordered them today. She is doing it EXACTLY like yours (I hope you dont mind that i am copying you). The price went up a little but it is still a bargain :) YAYYYYY!!!!!! 2-3 weeks will drag but i get my e-ring next week so its will be a fun wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW, Luann is SOOOO SWEET!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results