shape
carat
color
clarity

Need suggestions, I have no imagination

shady71

Shiny_Rock
In 1976, for her 25th wedding anniversary my Mom got her diamond insert. Of course I told her how beautiful it was although in truth I did not care for it at all. The center stone was from her original ER, reset into a setting that would both match and fit the insert. Mom passed 8 years ago, as an "only" I inherited her ring. It has sat in my safe all these years, I would NEVER consider wearing it as is. I did take it to a local jeweler for suggestions of what we might do with the stones and all they were interested in was to buy the ring and sell me something from their inventory. That was not even a consideration due to the sentiment involved. To my untrained eye the stones do not look to be best quality but do have some sparkle.

Looking for suggestions, possibly necklace/pendant, or earrings. Can't do a RHR since I broke 2 fingers as a teen and the knuckles are big and a ring large enough to go over just spins.

In addition to the center stone (guessing about .50) there are 16 marquis and 16 round stones. Would welcome any all suggestions, designs, scribbles, etc. as well as recommendation to who could make it happen.

IMG_7761.JPG

shady71

Shiny_Rock
OMG :(2 Seeing that photo so large makes it look even worse than it is !

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
The small round diamonds might make a nice diamonds by the yard necklace with the larger diamond as a pendant in the middle. The marquise diamonds could be used in chandelier earrings--not sure if you'd have a need for those. I like the idea of using the stones in earrings or a necklace as you mentioned they aren't top quality but do sparkle.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
A marquise diamonds by the yard may be visually interesting.

You could maybe have floral earrings made with any leftovers. Like the Tiffany Victoria style. Or if you like that style, a pendant to match.

The rounds could be made into a flower cluster stud. Depends on size on how many stones aka petals you would want on the outside.

The larger center could be a pendant, perhaps a floral design with left over stones surrounding. Or a center to a dbty.

You could have a bangle made. You could do a cobblestone or plaque style. Search on Jewels by Grace for her bangles. She has some mixed cut bangles that she has made that are a smattering of stones. They are pretty..

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could do earrings with some of the marquise stones.
Capture.PNG
I think Tiffany makes something like these
Capture.PNG
Ear climbers
Capture.PNG
You could use rounds and marquise to do something like these
Capture.PNG

I would use David Klass if you were to go the earring direction. I'm sure you could also do a pretty snowflake or star pendant with them.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    148.6 KB · Views: 60

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw it and thought of that lovely cobblestone do-dah (may have got that name wrong) that @mrs-b had made.
Around the neck close to your heart would be my thought.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw it and thought of that lovely cobblestone do-dah (may have got that name wrong) that @mrs-b had made.
Around the neck close to your heart would be my thought.

Hi @meely and @shady71 :wavey:

I had a sparkly doo-dad made in a mosaic pattern, which I think would work great with your center stone and rounds.

Your marquise diamonds, however, seem to be far more tinted than the rounds, which would make a project involving all stones difficult. So I'd use the marquise stones to do a diamond by the yard necklace in yellow gold. It would disguise the tint and lack of sparkle common to marquise diamonds, and you have 16 diamonds, so a 17" - 18" chain would be perfect; I'd set them one stone per inch, leaving just a couple of inches bare at the back. If you have a slim neck, 16" could also work beautifully.

For the small rounds and the center stone, however, as well as all the metal, yes, I'd definitely consider a sparkly doo-dad. :)) Either pendant or bracelet would be stunning and very sentimental.

Here's a couple of photos of mine.

DKPV2019-06-27---BRCLT--- --1.jpg

DKPV2019-06-27---BRCLT--- --2.jpg

20190615_094248.jpg

I hope this helps!

luxe

Shiny_Rock
D44577EA-501B-44A0-B417-1EE59A3BFC0A.jpeg
I’ve always thought east west marquise bands were so lovely. Not sure if the sizing of the stones would lend itself to this style?

Otherwise I agree that a DBTY to use them (marquise) would beautiful.

shady71

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to all who replied with wonderful suggestions. Some of the earrings are beautiful, but really not my style, more of a jeans/t-shirt gal :lol:

I fiddled with photo shop for some size perspective between the center stone and the others and came up with maybe some variation of this for a pendant. Do you think the small stones are too big for the center stone, or anything goes??

I like the idea of using the marquis for diamonds by the yard necklace, will depend on what the stones actually look like. In another photo they don't look tinted, but rather maybe look a little milky. I've put it thru the ultrasonic several times so don't think they are dirty, but will see what the jeweler has to say. A friend recommended a local shop that does custom work, or can anyone recommend one of the online vendors that might be suited to this job?
Mom.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks to all who replied with wonderful suggestions. Some of the earrings are beautiful, but really not my style, more of a jeans/t-shirt gal :lol:

I fiddled with photo shop for some size perspective between the center stone and the others and came up with maybe some variation of this for a pendant. Do you think the small stones are too big for the center stone, or anything goes??

I like the idea of using the marquis for diamonds by the yard necklace, will depend on what the stones actually look like. In another photo they don't look tinted, but rather maybe look a little milky. I've put it thru the ultrasonic several times so don't think they are dirty, but will see what the jeweler has to say. A friend recommended a local shop that does custom work, or can anyone recommend one of the online vendors that might be suited to this job?
Mom.jpg
im so happy you are going to get this remade so you can wear your mum's diamonds
shame on that original jewler
i would never even look in his window ever again
id still get some earings made if i were you
just maybe not as elaborate
Diamonds look just fine with tee shirt and jeans

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aside from Tiffany Victoria type things, I really like this wreath/vine type thing for marquise stones:

IMG_5100.jpg

I also love the pics of the ear climbers... that's what I would do with them. I think they're casual and a bit either punk or fairy/flower girl.

And I love the pendant idea for the rounds... it will be super wearable.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not think the rounds are too big for the center stone. I think they would make a lovely pendant.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F15FD3FD-DCD2-43F9-BD0A-96F9C51531BA.jpeg A13E48BB-B576-4057-A1A0-AC0D8ED7DAEC.jpeg 5E17B7F6-CB35-4222-85F6-6C5B1929FD82.jpeg
Some pendant ideas.
I’d then use up the spares as dbty stations on the chain.
Sorry for the murder job I did to your finger!

ETA- rock it with whatever you are wearing, jeans/t included!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote here for DBTY though I'm a bracelet girl as well as jeans and T-shirt. I might do marquise with rounds in-between and maybe even a double row if there was a way to keep the strands separate (maybe using the spacing bars they use with double row pearl bracelets).

AV_

Ideal_Rock

shady71

Shiny_Rock
Wow, great suggestions. Never even considered using the marquis for sort of a halo, although I think the marquis might be poorer quality, and might be more suited for DBTY where they would not be as obvious. The center and rounds appear whiter and more sparkle. I guess first step will be to have someone examine and give a general assessment of the stones.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You could have the diamonds unmounted to play with.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock

Mom.jpg

I am a jeans/tee shirt girl too and actually HAVE a tshirt that says:

Jeans
Tshirt
DIAMONDS
:lol:

I love lots of bling with a simple outfit!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results