shape
carat
color
clarity

Need ideas for setting 3.09 ct Columbian Muzo Emerald

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Hi all. Here is a picture of my 3.09 Emerald. I have no idea what I want in a setting except I do want yellow gold for the emerald. And I don't know where to start looking for a setting. Any ideas, picutres of examples I might like?

Here it is:

IMGP2664_0.jpg

IMGP2663.jpg

IMGP2666.jpg

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I forgot, it is 13mm x 8mm. Thanks

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, does that glow like it looks like it does? Is it as blueish in real life? If so, really, really pretty!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heres my 2.87ct Colombian Emerald. It's lighter in colour than some Emeralds but it does glow and this gives you an idea of perspective if you decide to halo yours. The dimensions of this pear are very similar to yours. I really wouldn't recommend this type of halo though. I had this made for me (but it must have been a moment of madness and seemed like a good idea at the time)!

I actually love pears and if you're on a budget you can find pear halos on Ebay with lanbo, beyondjewelery etc. I've just bought a very very affordable pear setting from beyondjewelery to set my avatar stone so it may be worth looking there.

Emerald Pear1a_2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you want? Three stone? Halo? Multistone? Contemporary? Vintage?

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Hi Minous, Thank you. Yes it glows really nicely in person. I would say color is real real close to stone in real life, stone is maybe a LITTLE greener.

Hi LD, gorgeous ring. I've seen a couple on ebay I like, like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400278999115?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

But I would want it in yellow. I've used this seller before and send him my stone and he set it and sent it back. They did a great job. Better than some of the local jewelers I've used, who set stones crooked....I hate that. Anyway, what do you think of the setting?

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, I don't know. I don't want halo. I do want a vee-tip, I do want yellow for the emerald, I just think they look better in yellow. I do like contemporary and I like vintage looking too. And I love art deco style. I guess I am just confusing myself... and am looking for ideas and direction..... I already have a 3.5 ct oval emerld surrounded by diamonds, so that's why I don't want halo style....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so how about white diamond pear sides? I love a central pear with pear sides.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeweljunke|1330123709|3133696 said:
Hi Minous, Thank you. Yes it glows really nicely in person. I would say color is real real close to stone in real life, stone is maybe a LITTLE greener.

Hi LD, gorgeous ring. I've seen a couple on ebay I like, like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400278999115?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

But I would want it in yellow. I've used this seller before and send him my stone and he set it and sent it back. They did a great job. Better than some of the local jewelers I've used, who set stones crooked....I hate that. Anyway, what do you think of the setting?

I LOVE that setting. I have a version of that setting in rose gold for a pear cut spinel. I think yours has more rows of diamonds on the shank though, but it has the same gallery.

file.png

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
TL, I'd like to see a side view of your ring. It looks real close to the one I'm looking at.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeweljunke|1330182439|3134172 said:
TL, I'd like to see a side view of your ring. It looks real close to the one I'm looking at.

I can't find a side view of that exact ring, but I did have this same exact ring remade for a heart shaped green glowy stone in rose gold, and there's a side view of it in this thread, and some more pictures of the pink stone in the setting, but a table up view only. I love this setting so much, I had it remade for the heart. It's a substantial and gorgeous setting, especially for what I paid.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/go-light-green-garnet-mint-merelani-in-rose-gold-halo.162626/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/go-light-green-garnet-mint-merelani-in-rose-gold-halo.162626/[/URL]

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeweljunke|1330624682|3138403 said:

Thank you!!

I'm pretty disenchanted with LOGR settings. I think you get a lot more for your money with the setting that I showed you (that you first picked out). I think the last three look lightweight, and the one that I have looks so nice in person, and I love the micropave. It's a substantial setting and a lot of gold. The first one is okay, but I'm partial to mine. ;))

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Hi TL. I've never done business with LOGR. Any problems? I am leaning toward either the one like yours, or the one from diamondmounts on ebay.

I am having a hard time deciding. I also LOVE the simplicity of this style:

j404342_00_detail.jpg

j404342.jpg

And I would have to have that made because I can't find this setting in gold or platinum. And the side stones would be tapered baguette diamonds. I really like the high set shoulders next to the center stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeweljunke|1330710467|3139262 said:
Hi TL. I've never done business with LOGR. Any problems? I am leaning toward either the one like yours, or the one from diamondmounts on ebay.

I am having a hard time deciding. I also LOVE the simplicity of this style:

j404342_00_detail.jpg

j404342.jpg

And I would have to have that made because I can't find this setting in gold or platinum. And the side stones would be tapered baguette diamonds. I really like the high set shoulders next to the center stone.

I used to love LOGR, but I have found that their prices have take a sharp dive up, and the quality has gone down, unless you upgrade everything. Now it's been a long time since I have bought an LOGR, so if others have good recent experiences, they should post them here. I have found I could get more for my money and not have to upgrade with the other various ebay ring vendors. I got sick of paying for upgrade after upgrade with LOGR because getting nice diamonds was like a throw of the dice. With the other vendors, diamond quality was much more consistent, and the settings were more gold for less money. LOGR's prices have gone through the roof lately as well. I think I can get a custom piece made through my own jeweler for what LOGR is charging for some pieces.

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Well TL, I went ahead and got the first one I was looking at. The one like yours. I am sending my stone to them to set, so probably won't have it back for a couple of weeks. Thank you for ALL your help and input. I'll post photos when it gets here. :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeweljunke|1331331907|3145254 said:
Well TL, I went ahead and got the first one I was looking at. The one like yours. I am sending my stone to them to set, so probably won't have it back for a couple of weeks. Thank you for ALL your help and input. I'll post photos when it gets here. :love:

Please tell them not NOT NOT to put it in an ultrasonic cleaner after setting it. Good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results