shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on these Aset and H&A images.

Mr_GL

Rough_Rock
Hi ,

Here are the heart & arrows and Asets images . I hoping you can help provide some expert opinions on these diamonds. Do these two look decent and which is better ?

1)

1.78 119619005.jpg
1. 78 119619005 H&A (1).jpg

ASET Image - 12870339.JPG IdealScope Image - 12870339.JPG

2)

image.png
image (1).png

Attachments

• 119619005 (1).jpg
    119619005 (1).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 1.78 119619005.jpg
    1.78 119619005.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 35

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one is much better.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like the second one has a lot of leakage.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
neither one is that great.
The first one has wide ranging pavilion angles and a twisted pavilion. The cut defect at ~5 o'clock will be eye visible in some lighting.
The other one is does not have complimentary angles and appears to be steep deep.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither ! :silenced:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 and #2 are about equal in my book.
Light leakage is masked for #1, whereas for #2 it is very exaggerated.
#1 is from B2C I guess?
Where is #2 from, if I may ask? Brilliantly Engaged used offer ASET images like that.

Last edited:

Mr_GL

Rough_Rock
#1 and #2 are about equal in my book.
Light leakage is masked for #1, whereas for #2 it is very exaggerated.
#1 is from B2C I guess?
Where is #2 from, if I may ask? Brilliantly Engaged used offer ASET images like that.

#1 you are spot-on! It is from B2C
#2 it is from Adiamor.

Mr_GL

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!
In this case, I will not consider them.

Can you help me to look at this please?
1.jpg
How does this look? Should I be concern on additional dark area around the crown?

Thank you!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all!
In this case, I will not consider them.

Can you help me to look at this please?
1.jpg
How does this look? Should I be concern on additional dark area around the crown?

Thank you!
I don't like how the arrows are so thin and splintery. What are the specs?

Mr_GL

Rough_Rock
I don't like how the arrows are so thin and splintery. What are the specs?

Thank you lovedogs. It is a 1.8ct G VS1. May I ask how do thiny arrows affect the brilliance ?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you lovedogs. It is a 1.8ct G VS1. May I ask how do thiny arrows affect the brilliance ?

If you go on YouTube and type in "lower half facets" you'll find a consumers guide. The Ideal-Scope image is actually a very good one. The length of the lower half facets happens to be a matter of personal preference. Shorter lower half facets produce thicker arrows (or thicker pavilion mains which comprise the "arrows") while longer lower half facets produced skinnier arrows.

If you watch the Consumer's Guide video you'll note that wider/fatter arrows do contribute to stronger fire while thinner arrows contribute to slightly less fire but compensate that with stronger pin point scintillation. Both are beautiful... just a matter of preference.

Kind regards,
Rhino

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I meant I'd like to know table, depth, crown, pavillion, lower half, etc. But what @Rhino said is exactly right.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 you are spot-on! It is from B2C
#2 it is from Adiamor.
Are you able to provide us the web page for #2? It is possible that the light leakage is due to poor photography.

Btw. The new stone looks good.

Mr_GL

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I meant I'd like to know table, depth, crown, pavillion, lower half, etc. But what @Rhino said is exactly right.

Hi Lovedogs,
The table is 56
Depth 60.8
Crown 34
Pavilion 40.8
Lower half 80

Mr_GL

Rough_Rock
If you go on YouTube and type in "lower half facets" you'll find a consumers guide. The Ideal-Scope image is actually a very good one. The length of the lower half facets happens to be a matter of personal preference. Shorter lower half facets produce thicker arrows (or thicker pavilion mains which comprise the "arrows") while longer lower half facets produced skinnier arrows.

If you watch the Consumer's Guide video you'll note that wider/fatter arrows do contribute to stronger fire while thinner arrows contribute to slightly less fire but compensate that with stronger pin point scintillation. Both are beautiful... just a matter of preference.

Kind regards,
Rhino

Thank you @Rhino :). I have watched the consumer video by GOG and it is very good.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you able to provide us the web page for #2? It is possible that the light leakage is due to poor photography.

Btw. The new stone looks good.

Here it is
https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/1.80-ct-G-VS1-Affinity-Cut-Round-Diamond/D43720189.
Table 57
Depth 61.8
Crown 35
Pavilion 40.8
Lower half 75
The proportions seem decent?

Thanks

I tend to see quite a few 35/40.8 combos with leaky ASETs. While some of it may be exaggerated by bad lighting, I do still believe there is a problem in the 1-2 o'clock position.

I'd pass on both tour original stones.

Your third choice seems more promising.

I prefer 75 LGF's but as already pointed out it's a preference only. Keep in mind, a GIA reported value of 75 will have an actual value between 73-77, and a GIA reported 80 will range between 78-82. Numerically larger LGF's will be more skinny arrows. So two stones that both have reported 80 values may appear slightly different.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend to see quite a few 35/40.8 combos with leaky ASETs. While some of it may be exaggerated by bad lighting, I do still believe there is a problem in the 1-2 o'clock position.
Yes, there is more than just strong backlighting to the leakage. The stone is tilted and the scope is not used properly. I think the image is from the same supplier that BE used, who takes terrible ASET photos; they are so bad enough to make a super ideal cut diamond appear like a steep/deep stone with alot of leakage and digging. Having that said, I also found the stone on BN's website. I agree that the pavilion looks a bit wonky in the 1~2 o'clock positions in all videos and photos. No good.

Last edited:

Mr_GL

Rough_Rock
Yes, there is more than just strong backlighting to the leakage. The stone is tilted and the scope is not used properly. I think the image is from the same supplier that BE used, who takes terrible ASET photos; they are so bad enough to make a super ideal cut diamond appear like a steep/deep stone with alot of leakage and digging. Having that said, I also found the stone on BN's website. I agree that the pavilion looks a bit wonky in the 1~2 o'clock positions in all videos and photos. No good.

Thanks @sledge and @flyingpig . I was hoping the leakage is due to bad photography though.

Mr_GL

Rough_Rock
Hi Lovedogs,
The table is 56
Depth 60.8
Crown 34
Pavilion 40.8
Lower half 80

Any opinion on such specs, is it too shallow?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results