shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help finding Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw I buy second hand jewelery all the time.
My wifey2b''s diamond is from a pawn shop :}
I had it reset.

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2006 8:06:31 PM
Author: decodelighted
I saw that deal on Pearlmans appear a couple weeks ago ... & was suprised it hasn''t been snapped up yet. I didn''t recommend it to you or Indecisive because you both were looking for larger stones (I thought).

Mssalvo visited Pearlmans recently and he has a great reputation on Pricescope as far as I know. I contacted him about Daniel K rings in my search and Bill was very helpful. The only drawback in buying a pre-owned stone that I can think of is ''bad vibes'' from a previous (broken?) union. However, antique stones have histories just the same ... you either are bothered by that kind of thing or not (I don''t think I am really.)

Good luck ... let us know what you decide! P.S. - I think that setting could be used again & would def. be better suited to a princess. The Royal Asscher just doesn''t look right in there (I bet Pearlmans had nothing to do with THAT combo ... other than agreeing to consign it). If you like the setting, maybe you could make a nice RHR someday with a square sapphire or other stone???
Well, I was looking for something in the 1.5ct area, but am flexible, especially if I see what appears to be an great deal. And no worries about the whole ''bad vibe'' thing, not a concern of mine one bit. I agree that the asscher doesn''t look right in that setting, it squares it off too much, imo. I really think I would just re-sell it.

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2006 8:07:02 PM
Author: strmrdr
looks good to me.
typical RA
Some tilt in the photo but its clear enough.
good to go.
Cool, that''s what I wanted to hear.
1.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
And just think of the luscious setting and wedding band you can have designed with the money you are saving....mmmm....

I would never feel odd about a "used" stone. Mother Earth has laid claim to these suckers for how many thousands of years...through plagues and volcanos and earthquakes...what''s a few years of being worn on another human''s finger?
2.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t see any problem with a "used" stone either. In fact, I would love an antique ring but my bf isn''t into it. As long as your future wife is fine with it than this is an excellent deal! What kind of setting are you going to get?

iluvasschers

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I''m new here. I am looking for an engagement ring. He proposed, but I don''t think he was planning on it so there was no ring.
9.gif
Anyway, now we''re looking for rings. I love the Asscher cut diamond, and I''ve done a lot of research. I think I know what I''m looking for, to an extent, but I''m not comfortable buying online. I''d really like to be able to see the diamonds and compare. Where I live, no one carries Asscher cut diamonds. Anyone know of a good jeweler in San Antonio, Texas that carries Asschers? Thanx.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Whiteflash is in Houston and they might be able to call in some nice asschers for you. You would probably get more advice if you started your own thread. This one is about qqq''s search for the right asscher. I can''t wait to see what you find and good luck!

Here is Whiteflash''s website
http://www.whiteflash.com/

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2006 9:06:00 PM
Author: indecisive
I don''t see any problem with a ''used'' stone either. In fact, I would love an antique ring but my bf isn''t into it. As long as your future wife is fine with it than this is an excellent deal! What kind of setting are you going to get?
Yeah, the whole used thing is not a big deal to me at all. Just wanted to make sure there weren''t any downsides to it that I hadn''t thouhgt of. The setting I am going to do is a halo setting, kind of styled after the Daniel K "empress", but with pink diamonds in the halo.

qqq

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous stone. I am very happy for you. I also love your idea for the setting. I can''t wait to see the finished product qqq!!!
1.gif

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2006 10:55:01 PM
Author: kaleigh
It''s a gorgeous stone. I am very happy for you. I also love your idea for the setting. I can''t wait to see the finished product qqq!!!
1.gif
Thank you. I am starting to get really excited about it myself. I think the setting will look great with the pink halo, a bit of a risk, but I think she will love it!

qqq

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm. I wonder if that is the same ring that is pictured in this thread.

I personally would love to snatch up a good deal off Pearlman''s consignment section. What a great way to get a designer piece for a fraction of the retail cost and be able to purchase through a reputable source. I don''t know much about asscher''s but I have worked with Bill and can''t say enough good things about his customer service. A true gentleman.

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2006 11:30:22 PM
Author: mrssalvo
hmmm. I wonder if that is the same ring that is pictured in this thread.

I personally would love to snatch up a good deal off Pearlman''s consignment section. What a great way to get a designer piece for a fraction of the retail cost and be able to purchase through a reputable source. I don''t know much about asscher''s but I have worked with Bill and can''t say enough good things about his customer service. A true gentleman.
Yep, it is definitely the same ring in that thread. And I agree, Bill has been very responsive and a pleasure to work with so far.

qqq

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
QQQ,

This will be a gorgeous ring! I can''t wait to see your design evolve.

My only two cents'' worth of advice is to always keep the wedding band in mind when you think about the design of this e-ring. So often the e-ring design excitement takes over and people forget about whether or not a band will go well with the e-ring. Your future wife may or may not want to wear it with a band, but in my ten years of marriage I have met dozens and dozens of gals frustrated as they look for a band to wear with an unusual or stand-alone e-ring.

Just a thought for something to think about...any ring can be designed to be worn with a band, if it is a priority for either of you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 12:16:35 AM
Author: wallermama
QQQ,

This will be a gorgeous ring! I can''t wait to see your design evolve.

My only two cents'' worth of advice is to always keep the wedding band in mind when you think about the design of this e-ring. So often the e-ring design excitement takes over and people forget about whether or not a band will go well with the e-ring. Your future wife may or may not want to wear it with a band, but in my ten years of marriage I have met dozens and dozens of gals frustrated as they look for a band to wear with an unusual or stand-alone e-ring.

Just a thought for something to think about...any ring can be designed to be worn with a band, if it is a priority for either of you.
Good point!! If you want a wedding band to sit flush with the ering keep this in mind.
1.gif

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind when I work with the designer.

qqq

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I saw that deal on Pearlmans appear a couple weeks ago ... & was suprised it hasn''t been snapped up yet. I didn''t recommend it to you or Indecisive because you both were looking for larger stones (I thought).

Pscoper Mrssalvo visited Pearlmans recently and Bill Pearlman has a great reputation on Pricescope as far as I know. I contacted him about Daniel K rings in my search and Bill was very helpful. The only drawback in buying a pre-owned stone that I can think of is ''bad vibes'' from a previous (broken?) union. However, antique stones have histories just the same ... you either are bothered by that kind of thing or not (I don''t think I am really.)

Good luck ... let us know what you decide! P.S. - I think that setting could be used again & would def. be better suited to a princess. The Royal Asscher just doesn''t look right in there (I bet Pearlmans had nothing to do with THAT combo ... other than agreeing to consign it). If you like the setting, maybe you could make a nice RHR someday with a square sapphire or other stone???
No "bad vibes" here. Just a very sweet woman who has changed her mind. Have you ever heard of anything like that
31.gif
I will disclose the background of anything on the site if it''s not on there already. Storm is correct in many diamonds that are on the market are recycled. I like to think of it as adopting a animal from a shelter. I''ll find someone to love them
30.gif

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 11:25:22 AM
Author: mepearl53

Pscoper Mrssalvo visited Pearlmans recently and Bill Pearlman has a great reputation on Pricescope as far as I know. I contacted him about Daniel K rings in my search and Bill was very helpful. The only drawback in buying a pre-owned stone that I can think of is ''bad vibes'' from a previous (broken?) union. However, antique stones have histories just the same ... you either are bothered by that kind of thing or not (I don''t think I am really.)

No ''bad vibes'' here. Just a very sweet woman who has changed her mind. Have you ever heard of anything like that
31.gif
I will disclose the background of anything on the site if it''s not on there already. Storm is correct in many diamonds that are on the market are recycled. I like to think of it as adopting a animal from a shelter. I''ll find someone to love them
30.gif
Hmmm, thinking, thinking, thinking....... sold!

qqq

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
This is so exciting. Just like rescuing a stray puppy
36.gif
9.gif
. Looks like the royal asscher will have a gorgeous new home
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! I am thrilled for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. Am I correct that this is the same ring from your close family member? If so, can you please re-assure me of how spectacular the diamond looks in person
18.gif

Edit - Directed to EFC8503

qqq

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Thanks mrssalve and kaleigh, I am sooooo excited to see this puppy!

qqq

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes this ring belonged to my mother - it was purchased from a reputable jeweler in Omaha in the fall of 2004 (the relationship didn''t work out, and it was worn for only a few months at the most, and she is very careful with her jewelry). She loved the setting, and loved the stone even more (the whole look really was "her" even if others may disagree as to the stone / setting pairing)! It sure captured her fascination, and she constantly commented on it''s "mile deep" look. I have only seen the ring a few times in person, but it sure does have a ton of fire, as RA''s are known for. I tried my best to capture it in pics, but it is so hard... much more difficult with an asscher than with my own RB, I found out (and of course pics don''t do it justice).

It''s an RA - it has extra facets in a "smaller" carat weight - some have said RA''s look better in bigger sizes (over 2ct), and that they can look too "busy" in smaller sizes. I have not seen enough "normal" asschers / sq em''s to compare, and the "busy-ness" of this stone doesn''t bother me (nor did it bother her, obviously) at all - it''s comparable to my ideal RB in that department. I think it is a gorgeous stone - I think it will look very different in a pink diamond halo, and I can''t wait to see how it turns out!

And I''m so glad it seems to have found a loving new home -
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if there is anyone looking for a 1.53ct asscher, but this is one I requested WF bring in before I found the RA. Although, the windmills are quite narrow, so I don''t know that this one is even a keeper, but here it is anyway...

DI40X_GIA14560701.jpg

qqq

Shiny_Rock
IS...

IS_GIA14560701.jpg

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Sarin...

Attachments

• SARIN_GIA14560701.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 132

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I should have the ring tomorrow. I want to take it to an appraiser, just to verify that the stone is the same as what the GIA cert says it is. Any idea what the cost of this will be, and any good place in the l.a./ventura area to get it done?

qqq

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 4:06:19 PM
Author: qqq
Not sure if there is anyone looking for a 1.53ct asscher, but this is one I requested WF bring in before I found the RA. Although, the windmills are quite narrow, so I don''t know that this one is even a keeper, but here it is anyway...

very nice drop style asscher.
As noted the windmills are a bit too narrow.
But its very nice if you like the narrow windmills.

WF did a great job on the picture.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 11:14:07 AM
Author: qqq
Ok, so I should have the ring tomorrow. I want to take it to an appraiser, just to verify that the stone is the same as what the GIA cert says it is. Any idea what the cost of this will be, and any good place in the l.a./ventura area to get it done?

qqq

https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers_CA.aspx

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Cool, thanks. How much should it cost just to verify the stone is what the cert says it is. I don''t want a full appraisal or anything.

qqq

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results