shape
carat
color
clarity

Need 'Color' Help with Rose Gold band

mb80233

Rough_Rock
Hi All, hoping someone can help me with my color decision. I've read online that you can, and you should because it's a waste of money to do otherwise, go lower on the color scale with a rose gold band since the diamond will absorb some of the color from the band. Is this accurate, and if it is how low would you feel comfortable going? Would a J look good or is I the lowest you'd go?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I *love* warm diamonds in rose gold. My solitaire is an L color, and the stones in my band are warmer than that.

image_265.jpg

mb80233

Rough_Rock
Wow, beautiful ring! Thanks for your input and pic!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's never a waste of money to spend money on a high color stone IF that's what you want and value. I don't want and value high color, so it's a waste of money for me.

But a rose gold setting is not going to make a stone look any whiter - it just complements a lower color stone in tone generally. It doesn't absorb color. I would be fine wearing a J in a RG setting, but you aren't going to fool anyone that it is an F color stone.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this band for you or for someone else? will it be worn with an E-ring or as a stand alone ring? I have a small (.55) AGS 0 MRB in rose gold and it looks very white to me, but it's a pendant and isn't up against any other stones. I think some of these things may make a difference so perhaps, depending on what you are looking for, you should try to go to a B & M store and look at what your color tolerance is in rose, for what exactly it is you want to buy.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to say that the stone I described is a K. Kind of important point! And cut probably impacts it too.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It really depends if you like warmth. I do. I love to turn my ring sideways and see the warmth. It doesn't look white, though. It looks warm.

image_272.jpg

image_22.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results