Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Need 'Color' Help with Rose Gold band

mb80233

Rough_Rock
Hi All, hoping someone can help me with my color decision. I've read online that you can, and you should because it's a waste of money to do otherwise, go lower on the color scale with a rose gold band since the diamond will absorb some of the color from the band. Is this accurate, and if it is how low would you feel comfortable going? Would a J look good or is I the lowest you'd go?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Tourmaline

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I *love* warm diamonds in rose gold. My solitaire is an L color, and the stones in my band are warmer than that.

image_265.jpg

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's never a waste of money to spend money on a high color stone IF that's what you want and value. I don't want and value high color, so it's a waste of money for me.

But a rose gold setting is not going to make a stone look any whiter - it just complements a lower color stone in tone generally. It doesn't absorb color. I would be fine wearing a J in a RG setting, but you aren't going to fool anyone that it is an F color stone.

Lookinagain

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is this band for you or for someone else? will it be worn with an E-ring or as a stand alone ring? I have a small (.55) AGS 0 MRB in rose gold and it looks very white to me, but it's a pendant and isn't up against any other stones. I think some of these things may make a difference so perhaps, depending on what you are looking for, you should try to go to a B & M store and look at what your color tolerance is in rose, for what exactly it is you want to buy.

Lookinagain

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I forgot to say that the stone I described is a K. Kind of important point! And cut probably impacts it too.

Tourmaline

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It really depends if you like warmth. I do. I love to turn my ring sideways and see the warmth. It doesn't look white, though. It looks warm.

image_272.jpg

image_22.png

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.