color
clarity

Navy Veteran Beaten By Trump's Hidden Agents in Portland

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Thank you for reminding me why I stay away from these topics... :knockout:

0E09F7BA-0C72-49B4-AA97-26A8E58D756A.jpeg

I will bow out now. Good night.

You should stay away from these topics completely and stay away from the polls too if you think drive-by, uncritical casual glances are giving you anything like the full picture of what is going on in our country right now.

Our democracy is on the verge of collapse. There is so much you've missed even from what is on this thread here that it's actually ludicrous that you think you understand. Good night and let's hope we ALL wake up to good tomorrow on November 4 anyway.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please wake up. Before it's too late for ALL of us.

If by ‘wake up’ you mean "buy whatever latest Democrat spewage as true/fact", that’s nothing short of laughable at this point. Dems created & fueled the problems in these cities, and have cried wolf non-stop for 3+ years now that everything is Trump’s/Conservatives fault, but he/we didn’t put these derelict dem leaders in office, our protests/rallies don’t result in dead citizens, injured LEOs, destroyed property, mass arrests, violence & unrest, etc. Dems own these problems, so they/their leaders can be accountable & clean them up, or step aside/resign & let Trump/Feds do it.

Um, no. You heard wrong. Please get informed as to what is actually going on in our country before it's too late to save our democracy.

Um, no ... you heard wrong. Stop buying what MSM and people with agendas tell you to believe.

FA3E66A0-DF27-48B4-A00A-1C80512B2073.jpeg
814A5C48-334D-43FE-B20D-73B1A677CFF4.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@seaurchin What is ludicrous is you presuming how educated I am or the amount of research I do. Instructing me to stay away from these topics and the polls is just downright rude. Now I know why the ignore button is needed here. Bye.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
If by ‘wake up’ you mean "buy whatever latest Democrat spewage as true/fact", that’s nothing short of laughable at this point. Dems created & fueled the problems in these cities, and have cried wolf non-stop for 3+ years now that everything is Trump’s/Conservatives fault, but he/we didn’t put these derelict dem leaders in office, our protests/rallies don’t result in dead citizens, injured LEOs, destroyed property, mass arrests, violence & unrest, etc. Dems own these problems, so they/their leaders can be accountable & clean them up, or step aside/resign & let Trump/Feds do it.

Um, no ... you heard wrong. Stop buying what MSM and people with agendas tell you to believe.

FA3E66A0-DF27-48B4-A00A-1C80512B2073.jpeg
814A5C48-334D-43FE-B20D-73B1A677CFF4.jpeg

Oh dear. You think a couple of unsourced photos are proof of anything. It simply defies reality that anyone could still not get it. Using terms like "MSM" and believing you are on the "in" with special "real" knowledge indicates that you have been believing that Fox "News" etc. is the real scoop.

It is not. It is Trump's personal progaganda outlet. Try just starting with googling "Trump" and reading ALL that's said, not only listening to what Trump himself puts out.

Hopefully, Trump will lose at the polls in spite of involving foreign governments and any of his other usual dirty tricks and will then not get by with his statements that he may not leave office if he wins. Otherwise, can you say "DICTATORSHIP?" Look it up. I'll just be over in the corner banging my head on the wall and praying that this nightmare ends soon. Good luck to you.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
If Trump "wins" again, our democracy will be over. If you vote for him, that is what you will be voting for. Then, those who have fallen for his nonstop propaganda, spin, sleights of hand, scapegoating, constant chaos creating and so on will finally get it. But it will be too late. Good night.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ramilitary-officers-to-portland-idUSKCN24M2RL

"Multiple videos posted online showed camouflage-clad officers without clear identification badges using force and unmarked vehicles to transport arrested protesters, tactics that civil-rights advocates said could violate protesters’ right to free speech under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. "

I don't think I'm taking Chad's word for it.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I ch
b/c the riots photos from the US are too graphic.

They were violent and the pictures were graphic too. But before the Militia started actually killing people, spraying them with water during harsh -20 degrees Celsius days and nights, the protesters didn't damage ANY big or small store/business nearby, any window or piece of property. They were behaving as civilized people and didn't want other nations to see a violent barbarians on their TV screens. They wanted Ukraine to be accepted as a member to the European Union, so they were extremely well behaving and protesting peacefully. They wanted to show that their country deserves to be among other developed European nations. They believed... But achieved nothing good, unfortunately.

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear. You think a couple of unsourced photos are proof of anything. It simply defies reality that anyone could still not get it. Using terms like "MSM" and believing you are on the "in" with special "real" knowledge indicates that you have been believing that Fox "News" etc. is the real scoop.

It is not. It is Trump's personal progaganda outlet. Try just starting with googling "Trump" and reading ALL that's said, not only listening to what Trump himself puts out.

Hopefully, Trump will lose at the polls in spite of involving foreign governments and any of his other usual dirty tricks and will then not get by with his statements that he may not leave office if he wins. Otherwise, can you say "DICTATORSHIP?" Look it up. I'll just be over in the corner banging my head on the wall and praying that this nightmare ends soon. Good luck to you.

Unsourced? From Fox? :lol-2::lol-2:

Try the AP & Oregon Public Broadcasting ... but you believe what you’re told to believe. Good luck to you as well! :wavey:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Man, I haven’t read stuff like this since the 9/11 truthers were a thing.
Some people here have gone full tin-foil hat. Maybe worse than when extreme conservatives were convinced Obama would be the end of the country.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
There’s also a link on that website to find a therapist....just type in your zip code

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There’s also a link on that website to find a therapist....just type in your zip code

If you are directing that personally toward me, then you're being insulting, as is your reference to some here wearing tin foil hats. If you were acting in a helpful manner to inform people who may need counseling where to find it, then kudos to you. Let's let admin decide.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
If you are directing that personally toward me, then you're being insulting, as is your reference to some here wearing tin foil hats. If you were acting in a helpful manner to inform people who may need counseling where to find it, then kudos to you. Let's let admin decide.

No need to guess or ask. If I was directing towards you I would have tagged you. I‘m not the kind to be passive aggressive or coy.

I do find it interesting that you would consider that insulting....but posting links to phycologically analyze Trump supporters you are perfectly OK with...(who were you directing that too?) along with all of the other nasty comments regularly directed towards conservatives.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah yes, but don't you think, after your tin foil hat remark, that the coincidence is just too coincidental. Maybe you can find an article in Psychology Today that supports your assertion.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(who were you directing that too?

I posted it as rebuttal to you (and TMT who loves to describe all libs as delusional) since you're the one who likes to describe those who don't believe as you do as wearers of tin foil hats. There's science behind the Psych Today article. It describes traits of a particular set of voters. There's meanness behind your comment. So again, I invite you to find credible sources that show the posters here whose opinions you disrespect are crazy.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These also address psychological differences between liberal and conservative voters. There's a lot more out there. If you want to speak to actual reasons why both sides believe and act as they do, then do it from an informed position.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
@Matada I can’t help if you are taking things personally that were not intended or directed specifically towards you. That is something for you to contemplate.
Crazy is your word, not mine. Please refrain from attributing to me things I did not say. Although even if you continue I am unlikely to tattle to admin.

I don’t have a ton of time tonight but here is a quick read summing up four psychological characteristics of people on extreme ends of the political spectrums. The four traits they focus on are: Psycological Distress, Cognitive Simplicity, Overconfidence and Intolerance. These psycological traits are shared by the extreme left and the extreme right (there are more not included in this journal). For example, those who were convinced Obama would be the end of our democracy and those who think Trump will be the end of our democracy. I would argue they are simply two sides of the same coin.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0963721418817755

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matada I can’t help if you are taking things personally that were not intended or directed specifically towards you. That is something for you to contemplate.
Crazy is your word, not mine. Please refrain from attributing to me things I did not say. Although even if you continue I am unlikely to tattle to admin.

Nice try. No cigar. You are responsible for your words, their intent, their implied meaning. You know full well that tin foil hat is derogatory and denotes crazy. You don't have to actually say something to say it. Passive aggressive is what you are when you use the word "tattle" which has negative meaning as in to tell a secret, to blab, prate, disclose in gossip (Merriam Webster).

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But he's for LAW AND ORDER, y'all! Apparently that means beating on non-violent protesters. It's such a blatant political stunt targeted at Democratic governors/mayors. He disgusts me.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of studies about politics & psychology ...

A lack of political diversity in psychology is said to lead to a number of pernicious outcomes, including biased research and active discrimination against conservatives. The authors of this study surveyed a large number (combined N = 800) of social and personality psychologists and discovered several interesting facts. First, although only 6% described themselves as conservative “overall,” there was more diversity of political opinion on economic issues and foreign policy. Second, respondents significantly underestimated the proportion of conservatives among their colleagues. Third, conservatives fear negative consequences of revealing their political beliefs to their colleagues. Finally, they are right to do so: In decisions ranging from paper reviews to hiring, many social and personality psychologists said that they would discriminate against openly conservative colleagues. The more liberal respondents were, the more they said they would discriminate.
Source Link

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of studies about politics & psychology

Cognitive psychology is a different animal than social psychology but there's no denying that there are biased people where ever one looks for them.

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In other on-topic news, Portland’s mayor stepped out with the protestors tonight, who proceeded to dump garbage at his feet, called for his resignation, and surrounded him (and his undercover body guard) while chanting "tear gas Ted has got to go". Unsurprisingly, they also have a list of demands & didn’t appreciate his refusal to commit to abolishing the police.

Perhaps he‘ll call Frey & Durkan for citizen revolt & crisis mgmt suggestions, given their recent experience.

Summer re-runs really get old quick; thank goodness for Netflix!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Nice try. No cigar. You are responsible for your words, their intent, their implied meaning. You know full well that tin foil hat is derogatory and denotes crazy. You don't have to actually say something to say it. Passive aggressive is what you are when you use the word "tattle" which has negative meaning as in to tell a secret, to blab, prate, disclose in gossip (Merriam Webster).

I am responsible for my words and my intent but not for your imagination. No one gets to change my words or decide my intent. If I wanted to say crazy I would have. My comment was clear.....the extreme thinking that is on display here is on BOTH sides as was the point of journal article. It’s not picking on one side. If one can not see that or finds it personally offensive they might want to consider if they fall into an extreme political mindset themselves.
Yes, tattling is generally seen as a negative act. That’s not passive aggressive. I thought it was pretty clear...ever since grade school. <—-see now that little bit at the end would be passive aggressive if not added just to show the difference.
Hey you have a good night though....there is no secret meaning or passive aggressive intent....really wishing yu have a good night.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone know why we have a Homeland Security and National Guard, I've always despised the term "homeland security' sounds like Nazism, Kent State was the National Guard called out, I will be honest I don't really get the difference.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMGosh. Buffalo Springfield from 1967. Allegedly written in response to Hollywood street protests against police brutality in 1966. History doesn't repeat; it becomes the future.

There's something happening here What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound Everybody look what's going down
There's battle lines being drawn Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound Everybody look what's going down
What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street Singing songs and carrying signs Mostly say, hooray for our side

It's s time we stop, hey, what's that sound Everybody look what's going down
Paranoia strikes deep Into your life it will creep It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound Everybody look what's going down Stop, hey, what's that sound Everybody look what's going down Stop, now, what's that sound Everybody look what's going down Stop, children, what's that sound Everybody look what's going down

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Enough is Enough: A Wall of Veterans Joins The Portland Protesters"

There is a new group in Portland that has joined The Wall of Moms. (I heard their founder interviewed, by the way, and was very impressed by her low-key eloquence and bravery, Their protest is truly in the best tradition of non-violent protest.)

"A group of military vets formed a wall on the front lines of protests in Portland, Ore., a week after federal officers struck a Navy Veteran who said he approached them to ask a question."

"PORTLAND, Ore. — A week after federal officers in Portland, Ore., brutally struck a Navy veteran who said he had approached them simply to ask a question, a group of military veterans on Friday joined the front lines of the city’s growing protests.

Duston Obermeyer, a Marine Corps veteran, said he and other veterans were there to make sure federal officers did not infringe on the free speech of protesters, who numbered in the thousands.

'Our veterans are here specifically to support the rights of the protesters to protest,' said Mr. Obermeyer, who said he had deployed three times during a decade in the Marines.

The group of vets lined up in front of a fence erected outside the federal courthouse. They stayed together until a cloud of tear gas scattered much of the crowd.

Another huge crowd tonight in Portland, including a new 'wall' on the front lines: a Wall of Vets.

Here's a look at the line of military veterans getting set up here in front of the federal courthouse. Behind them, the Wall of Moms and the Wall of Dads are arriving.

— Mike Baker (@ByMikeBaker) July 25, 2020
While President Trump and the Department of Homeland Security have repeatedly labeled the protesters in Portland as 'violent anarchists,' demonstrators have banded together in groups. A 'Wall of Moms' has grown to include hundreds of women in yellow shirts linking arms. A 'Wall of Dads' in orange shirts has included some with leaf blowers used to push tear gas away from the crowds. Many nurses on Saturday showed up in blue scrubs.

Local officials have demanded that federal agents leave the city, saying their presence has inflamed tensions and their tactics have been outrageous. One of those concerning cases was that of Christopher J. David, a Navy veteran who said he went to the protests for the first time last weekend to ask officers whether they felt their actions violated the Constitution.

As he stood still in front of the officers, one began hitting him with a baton. Mr. David said the attack broke his fingers.

Mr. Obermeyer cited that case as one of the motivations of the 'Wall of Vets.'

Another veteran, Clint Hall, said he came out to support the Black Lives Matter movement. Carrying a 'Disabled Veterans 4 BLM' sign, the Army veteran said the federal presence in the city had simply increased the tension.

'Things were getting better, and then they came here and made it worse,' Mr. Hall said. 'Enough is enough.'

After suffering through the tear gas that was shot into the crowd, Mr. Hall said that the tear gas was so strong that it was leaving burns on his skin. He said it felt worse than the tear gas he recalled from his time in the Army.

'This response from the feds is over the top,' he said."

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fed agents should leave and let the liberal mayor do whatever they want. If these cities run by liberal mayors choose to watch their city being destroyed, so be it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fed agents should leave and let the liberal mayor do whatever they want. If these cities run by liberal mayors choose to watch their city being destroyed, so be it.

Actually they should leave because they are there unconstitutionally, unless they stick to a very circumscribed mission such as guarding federal property. I was very heartened that Trump realized that federal troops have to be invited into states by the states if the states want help with anything else. It is in the Constitution. States have sole power over domestic policing.

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you :D:D:D to everyone who posted in response to my questions about the goals of the rioters destroying Federal property in Portland. I haven't had a chance to read them all, but I appreciate the effort, I know people are busy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results