shape
carat
color
clarity

Navy Veteran Beaten By Trump's Hidden Agents in Portland

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And while you are throwing around speculation about round-ups of Chinese-Americans, you are ignoring the current real and documented crimes the Chinese government is committing against Uighurs in China itself. The drone footage shows rows, hundreds or more, of ethnic Uighur shaved, bound, and loaded onto trains for deportation to camps in the interior of China. These crimes are being committed right now, but where is the international outrage on that?

International outrage? Quite the opposite. Trump supports China's efforts.

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
@seaurchin I did read them and I didn't see any of the posts mention that these riots have gone on for for over fifty consecutive nights. Why don't any of these posts mention the rioters dragging fencing up to the doors of the courthouse and barricading the Federal troops inside-AND THEN-setting fire to rubbish and scrap wood against the doors? These aren't peaceful protestors. They are rioters, trying to overthrow Federal buildings. Nothing peaceful about that.

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Maria D Exactly-where is the outrage on these human rights abuses? They're going on every day, and who is going to stand against the powerful Chinese to say it's wrong?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Violent protestors have been attacking the federal buildings in Portland for over 50 consecutive nights, and I've attached a clip showing the damage done to the buildings and the Federal troops. Who on earth supports this kind of violence? Why isn't there more media coverage of these rioters who are trying to tear down buildings administering the the rule of law?

Logical fallacy: straw man.

Nobody has condoned the violence here, though they may have expressed understanding why there is violence. Two different things.

Also, there's been round-the-clock news coverage on all major networks.

And while you are throwing around speculation about round-ups of Chinese-Americans, you are ignoring the current real and documented crimes the Chinese government is committing against Uighurs in China itself. The drone footage shows rows, hundreds or more, of ethnic Uighur shaved, bound, and loaded onto trains for deportation to camps in the interior of China. These crimes are being committed right now, but where is the international outrage on that?

Logical fallacy: red herring

We're talking about the US government using the same tactics as fascist regimes against its citizens. As terrible as the crimes of the Chinese government are against Uyghurs, it's not relevant to the argument at hand.

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
@JPie No one on the thread has condemned the violence of the rioters either, have they? @OboeGal said she didn't condone violence, but stopped there. No one has spoken out against the rioters and the assault they are making on Federal courthouses. Why is it okay to tear down the buildings within which our laws are carried out? What right do the rioters have to do that?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@JPie No one on the thread has condemned the violence of the rioters either, have they? @OboeGal said she didn't condone violence, but stopped there. No one has spoken out against the rioters and the assault they are making on Federal courthouses. Why is it okay to tear down the buildings within which our laws are carried out? What right do the rioters have to do that?

I am NOT in favor of rioting, looting or the destruction of property.

But no, you have NOT read the articles because you are ONLY focused on that one point as if that is all that is going on or as if all else is only in response to that. That is what our current sociopath in chief wants you to think and puts a lot of effort into propaganda and sleight of hand to make you think, while he strips away yet another piece of our democracy and replaces it with dictator style unidentified police snatching innocent people off the streets.

I hope you do understand that protesting is an important civil right in our Constitution. Protestor does NOT equal rioter/looter but our current administration is lumping them together, which is also very worrisome. Most of the people out there are protesting, NOT destroying property and the violence etc. is far from one-sided as well.

Keep in mind that Russia is FULL of white people who have no rights. You will NOT be spared if Trump continues to get his way. So I hope everyone thinks carefully about how they think the lines between "the good guys" and "the bad guys" are actually being drawn. By now, anyone who does not get what Trump is, is NOT paying attention. He is doing all he can to fan the flames of racial violence and otherwise divide our country and he has his OWN sick, self-serving reasons for doing so that are NOT for any of us, far from it.

I had deleted my earlier post before I realized anyone had responded to it because I have things going on here and such but I apologize for that. I am bowing out now as I should have done in the first place. I have made a big donation and am cutting way back on any other participation in this political sickness that has overtaken our country. I don't know about you but with it and the highly related Covid-19 catastrophe, it just gets to be too much.

Hopefully, Trump will be out in a few months and our country can begin to heal. Which is not to say we do not have any other problems in our country because we certainly DO but that is the one that, in my view, is by far the most dire threat to us all even continuing to have a democracy so must be fixed first. That's my take on it. Good night, all.

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I haven't seen you condemn the violence of the police in murdering Black people.

Why is it okay to murder Black people for selling loose cigarettes, playing with toy guns, walking while wearing a hoodie, or being asleep in their own home? What right do the police have to do that?

If I'm to follow the same logic that you're using above, I can only conclude that you do in fact condone police violence, or you're at least sympathetic to their actions.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
@JPie And if you are watching around the clock news coverage, you will have seen the rioters piling fencing at the doors of the Courthouse, effectively barricading the troops inside, and then the rioters pile rubbish against the doors and set it on fire, in an attempt to -- what, exactly? These are not the actions of peaceful protestors, these are the actions of violent persons who want to overthrow the central government. If these rioters were waving Confederate flags while they did this, they wouldn't be nearly as widely supported in this thread as they are, but overthrowing the central government is exactly what the South attempted all those years ago. Now another group is trying to do the same thing, it seems, and they are getting a lot of support here. I don't approve of overthrowing the government by violent means when we have laws and elections and all the other avenues open to us here in the US.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just need a few more people to sit naked, spread eagle, and we'll have this thing wrapped up by end of week!

Truth! Those actions are much more effective at certain points during protests than anything else. I wonder what would happen if puppies, kittens, and babies were thrown into the mix (not suggesting putting any of them in danger, just pondering the psychological effects on the federales).

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
What is the desired of outcome of the rioters in Portland? What do they hope to accomplish with their violence? Do they just want to close down the Federal courthouse in Portland, and take over prosecuting all crimes; !poof!, suddenly there are no crimes with Federal status? What is the advantage to the accused persons in that? What is the advantage to the state of Washington? To the citizens of the area? If Portland can do it, why not Austin? Or Detroit? What's the point of shutting down the courthouse? Right now, all I see is a lot of violence and a desire to overthrow the government.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
What is the desired of outcome of the rioters in Portland? What do they hope to accomplish with their violence? Do they just want to close down the Federal courthouse in Portland, and take over prosecuting all crimes; !poof!, suddenly there are no crimes with Federal status? What is the advantage to the accused persons in that? What is the advantage to the state of Washington? To the citizens of the area? If Portland can do it, why not Austin? Or Detroit? What's the point of shutting down the courthouse? Right now, all I see is a lot of violence and a desire to overthrow the government.

Maja, I listened to what you said in response to my earlier post and I get your point. I responded to you above but it took me a while to type it out so we've cross-posted. My reply is post #36.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the rioters piling fencing at the doors of the Courthouse, effectively barricading the troops inside, and then the rioters pile rubbish against the doors and set it on fire, in an attempt to -- what, exactly?

Give them a taste of their own medicine? Make 'em toasty and roasted? That building has numerous exits and none of the federal terrorists were in danger.

these are the actions of violent persons who want to overthrow the central government.

Mothers, naked women, and men with leaf blowers don't have much chance of overthrowing the government. You've put the cart before the horse -- the federales violated the Constitutional rights of the protesters FIRST, shot tear gas and non-lethal ammo at them FIRST, and the protesters got a bit angry about that and retaliated. Had the federal terrorists and our dictator of a president minded their own business, the whole situation would not have escalated. One other thing you've got backward is who has taken over the government -- it's a corrupt president -- not people fighting for the integrity of the Constitution.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie And if you are watching around the clock news coverage, you will have seen the rioters piling fencing at the doors of the Courthouse, effectively barricading the troops inside, and then the rioters pile rubbish against the doors and set it on fire, in an attempt to -- what, exactly? These are not the actions of peaceful protestors, these are the actions of violent persons who want to overthrow the central government. If these rioters were waving Confederate flags while they did this, they wouldn't be nearly as widely supported in this thread as they are, but overthrowing the central government is exactly what the South attempted all those years ago. Now another group is trying to do the same thing, it seems, and they are getting a lot of support here. I don't approve of overthrowing the government by violent means when we have laws and elections and all the other avenues open to us here in the US.

Do you disapprove of the American Revolution too? You know, violent overthrow of the government...

Unlike the Confederacy, the protestors aren’t trying to carve out their own country so they can protect their right to enslave Black people. They’re trying to change a tyrannical government that has spent over 400 years either outright enslaving or otherwise oppressing Black people through systemic racism, thereby continuing to use them to the country’s economic advantage while keeping them down.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truth! Those actions are much more effective at certain points during protests than anything else. I wonder what would happen if puppies, kittens, and babies were thrown into the mix (not suggesting putting any of them in danger, just pondering the psychological effects on the federales).

It says a lot about our values. Police violence is normalized but the naked female body isn’t, unless it’s commodified.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I'm not reporting you for trolling, but again, I'm curious. Why do you never answer a real question? I asked you if this, what happened to this former navy seal, was ok with you? Re-pasted below in case you want to answer.
No it is not Ok with me. Now my Q to you...is it ok to destroy government properties?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why? I'm more concerned about people being murdered by police than I am about some stupid pieces of antiquated concrete or bronze being knocked over. Sorry, not sorry. Why haven't Breonna Taylor's MURDERERS been arrested yet???
Mon 64, How many of these MURDERERS had your far left liberal mayor arrested ?

Just another normal day in Chicago...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violent protestors have been attacking the federal buildings in Portland for over 50 consecutive nights, and I've attached a clip showing the damage done to the buildings and the Federal troops. Who on earth supports this kind of violence?
EZ answer to your Q.... google the top 15 most dangerous cities in the US. Which political party do these Mayors belong to?...:whistle:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logical fallacy: red herring

We're talking about the US government using the same tactics as fascist regimes against its citizens. As terrible as the crimes of the Chinese government are against Uyghurs, it's not relevant to the argument at hand.
Really???, Please show us a video of the US government moving its citizens into slave camps.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harvard Law School Professor Andrew Crespo offered this series of tweets re the federal agents' conduct in Portland for the benefit of non-lawyers in Twitter-dom -- succinct, easy to follow, and very accurate in its summary of the 4th Amendment. Highly recommend!

Former Judge Napolitano, legal analyst for Fox News, has joined in criticism of the federal forces' conduct -- with a more abbreviated explanation:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This reads to me as pretty clear support and condonation of violence & domestic terrorism under the guise of ‘peaceful protest’.
A29A93EE-71AB-43DF-A471-374A44E65946.jpeg

Defacing/destroying private & public property, throwing bricks & frozen water bottles at law enforcement, threatening innocent civilians & committing acts of violence & terrorism is not ‘peaceful’ protesting; and those who claim to be ‘peacefully’ protesting aren’t doing much to stop it nor separate themselves from the supposed ‘bad actors’, which makes them complicit in my opinion. Normalizing violence by calling it ’peaceful protesting’ is delusional and will only lead to more violence - as we are seeing.

I have zero sympathy for any of these ‘peaceful‘ protest participants who experience legal or physical consequences - play stupid games, win stupid prizes! Besides, it’s clear what (and who) all this anarchy & madness is really about; promoters of systemic liberalism aren’t fooling anyone.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just another normal day in Chicago...

Speaking of just another normal day on Pricescope, here we have DF sharing his special brand of logic. Chicago police department doesn't close enough murder cases with arrests therefore Louisville police should get away with murdering innocent citizens.

Really???, Please show us a video of the US government moving its citizens into slave camps.

Please show me a video of a former US president who lauds dictators. Or would refer to men marching while chanting anti-semitic slogans as "good people." Or has done/said any of the outrageous things our current president has.

The US government has certainly imprisoned innocent people in the past and continues to do so today. Over a hundred thousand Japanese-Americans during WWII. Today immigrants, including children in cages, some dying. A "justice" system that is rife with systemic racism and classism. Enslavement? Are you freakin' serious? Oh, let's not count the slavery of Black people this country was built on because they weren't citizens?

The ideals of this country are beautiful, but they are ideals, not reality. Execution of those ideals is up to us. The problem isn't Trump, it's the people who either agree with him or condone him just because he ran under their party. Those that think like you are posting will help this country fall into a fascist regime.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
The ongoing fascist takeover attempt by Trump and his corrupt cronies is unprecedented and terrifying, as is Trump's sociopathic denial of Covid-19, which has caused it to spiral out of control and basically shut down our country when it could have been done with months ago.

And he's fooled a lot of people who simply can't see past the most obvious propaganda, spin, lies, and chaos making he does nonstop to divide our country. I wonder how they will feel when they wake up in the new Russia and realize they stupidly assisted him in destroying our democracy.

Demented, sick, spoiled rotten Trump WANTS to get people slobbering mad over groups he's scapegoated, people he's scapegoated, etc. JUST LIKE HITLER did. He greatly admires evil dictators and that is what he aspires to be.

Even the thickest are finally waking up now but it took our country being brought to its knees by Trump for them to catch on. Let's hope enough of them vote with us to kick Trump his bootlicking senators out of office in November- and into prison where they belong.

Just one piece of dictator style news from Trump, which we get daily by the way, is that he is "not sure" he'll leave office if he is voted out. Just that one sentence, one of thousands of dictator-style ones he's made, should make EVERYONE vote him out. Leaving office if the people vote you out is not a question. This is America. Think about what he is saying, right there.

They really need to teach far better critical thinking skills in our schools. Fox "News" spin should have people laughing like the Jerry Springer show does, not actually believing it. Trump's followers are the least educated/intelligent among us, sorry but it's true. That is why they are so easily manipulated. They don't even appear to understand the basics of our Constitution and our checks and balances, so they don't understand that those bedrocks of our democracy are being dismantled. They just hear Trump's divisive crap, "Black people, bad" or "Mexicans, bad" and begin foaming at the mouth and can't think straight.

But, again, Russia is FULL of white people who have NO rights. If you support Trump know that YOU WILL NOT be spared. If Trump wins again, our country as we know it is OVER.

It is well known and well documented that Trump is a chronic LIAR. Just google "Trump" rather than propaganda outlet Fox "News" and spend an hour reading everything that is said and you will get it. Never trust a liar.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a good question and one I have been mulling over for a while, WHY are they tearing buildings down? What can the police and the rioters, the BLM people do to peacefully and intelligently work together? There's a lot of anger on the BLM side, of course I listen and watch videos where cops don't speak even semi politely, and the F word is everyone's favorite.

So what's your solution to ensuring a integrated, fair, and growing America? I truly want to know. I just can't be a law and order person because we end up with riot gear, gestapo outfitted federal and state and city etc cops, I cannot be supportive of destruction per se of public buildings.. So do me a great favor, how can we work together?

Violent protestors have been attacking the federal buildings in Portland for over 50 consecutive nights, and I've attached a clip showing the damage done to the buildings and the Federal troops. Who on earth supports this kind of violence? Why isn't there more media coverage of these rioters who are trying to tear down buildings administering the the rule of law?

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What can we here in the USA do about the Uigurs? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/21/us/politics/trump-uighurs-china-trade.html

Changing the subject is a tit for tat, what China does is despicable, their government is sick and horrible, but right now our country is in turmoil.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Whoever still doesn't get it that there are many, many, many more protestors exercising their Constitutional right than there are rioters and looters, please provide a legitimate source. (Fox "News" is not a legitimate source, it's well known as a propaganda outlet. Your ignorance is not a legitimate source, either).

Anyway, rioters and looters can easily be arrested right out in the open. That in no way requires or justifies Trump employing secret, unidentified police to snatch people off the streets. Do you really not get the significance of that? That's what dictators do. There's so much Russia all over Trump's whole game plan, not just here but for the past 3.5 years. See ALL of what's going on, not just the big show that Trump is actually doing all he can to fan the flames on for the purpose of you only noticing that part.

Trump is the great distractor, a showman, the master of spin and sleight of hand. If you think the small minority who are doing the rioting and looting are terrifying, you ain't seen nothing yet. Terror Trump is a thousand times worse and he is coming to take over your democracy.

As many other Republicans are doing now, vote him and his corrupt Republican senator lackeys OUT of office in November because our DEMOCRACY depends on it. He's not a Republican, he's a Fascist. We need to get this giant looming disastrous fascist threat named Donald Trump out of our country. Then we work on the rest of our country's problems.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results