shape
carat
color
clarity

My wedding ring is done!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I can see what you are saying, even about the bead/chanel setting vs the bar setting on the ering in the really close up ones. Nonetheless I think they look absolutely gorgeous together. And in the further away ones I really can''t tell a difference. The second to last one I can''t tell at all. BUt you should be happy with it, but I agree with others, give it another week before you make the decision. Good luck!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I''m still feeling conflicted...I can''t wait to get home today so I can wear it around the apartment more!
12.gif
My fiance''s out of town until Wednesday for work, so I''m thinking I''ll have free reign to STARE NONSTOP at it all tonight and tomorrow!
9.gif

Everyone''s posts just make SO MUCH SENSE to me that every time I read one opinion, I say to myself, "Yeah, this person is right, I should DEFINITELY switch it/get over it"
20.gif
So all your advice is definitely very helpful, but I still can''t make up my mind!!! I think that Mini/Tulip/IslandDreams are probably right, and this is just a matter of a different individual craftsman making each of the pieces. That said, they did make it to order, so even though it''s not custom, I don''t know if it would be easy to return. I''m a size 6 so I doubt it would be that hard for them to wait until someone else orders that same band, but since they do make each piece only once it''s been ordered, that might be against their policy. My fiance ordered both rings himself and didn''t think to ask about things like return/exchange policy!
6.gif
I''m also just bitter too since I had read before that a lot of designers give you a discount if you order the matching band at the same time as the engagement ring, so I told him he should do that and he said he would. But then it turned out Vera Wang doesn''t give a discount for that, so he just didn''t. But I can''t help thinking if he had still ordered it at the same time (because really, why NOT?) then they would have been made by the same craftsman and really LOOKED identical, don''t you think?

In any case, I''m also just really nonconfrontational. As an example, I ordered stuffed eggplant for lunch which said on the sign it came with a side salad. I thought, "oh that will be nice, I would like some salad with that." Then the guy scooped some potatoes into my container and I thought, "is he doing that INSTEAD of side salad?" and then when they gave me my bag at the end I peeked in and there was no salad and I told my coworker who was like "then go ask for a salad" and I was like "nooo, it''s not that big a deal! it wasn''t supposed to come with potatoes, so they already gave me that extra, so they might want to charge me more for a salad!" So coming back to work from that, I''m just like DAMMIT how am I supposed to complain about an expensive designer ring if I can''t even get the salad I ordered???
39.gif
That was a long tangent, sorry!
20.gif

Anyway, I''m still thinking. I''m just afraid that if I get my heart set on exchanging it for a perfectly matching band that they''ll say they can''t do it, or that''s against their policy or something and then I''ll be MORE disappointed since I got my hopes up in the first place. So that''s kind of where my head is now. Keep the advice/thoughts coming! Thanks!
1.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I love your rings together. I agree that it looks like a split shank. However, that being said, I also think a Vera Wang setting should set flush. I agree with the people who said that maybe the jeweler messed up and that they sent you the wrong ring. Maybe it''s close, but not the perfect match to your ring.

If you like it, you could wear that band sometimes and then get a lower-set band that more closely matches the bead-setting on your e-ring in the future.

Just an idea, but I love both rings!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Ok, your wedding ring is not salad. You''ll be wearing this the rest of your life. If you''re doubting it this much you really need to speak up. Even if it is the same design but a different person who made it, yours should match--the difference in how the stones are set and the depth is a lot of differences. If they are meant to match, then Vera Wang has a quality control issue to resolve. There is absolutely no harm in calling and asking about it. You might be pleasantly surprised. Also, unless you''re going to be doing setting upgrades, this will probably be your wedding ring forever (or at least a long time). So, it would be better to get one you don''t question NOW before you are married.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Albi - I just looked at Vera website again at the detailed drawing of your band. It definitely is different from the e-ring, if that makes you feel any better. Did you see the set in person when you picked it? They only have a drawing but you can see that the stones are set slightly differently. And I know what you mean about speaking up (!). That''s something I''m learning too
1.gif

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
Hi Albi:

Very pretty indeed!
36.gif
The differences are tiny, but then again, you are soliciting responses from people who send their stones to be adjusted by several degrees to get the arrows in and H&A aligned a certain way
11.gif

I take it that you didn''t see the wedding ring before you ordered it...?

Do you think that it''s possibly a little different because it was a different person who made the ring? I found the thread discussing Michael B rings, and that each of the jewelers has a *slightly* different style, even though they are all Michael B.

Oh, I found it:

"My fiance and I just picked up my Michael B ring a couple of weeks ago (the 3 sided pave). The jeweler we worked with in Chicago said that he had Michael B start a file on me so that the same person would do my wedding ring when we order it later this year. The jeweler said there are 3 people who create the settings and each has a slightly different pattern for pave and he wanted to make sure both my rings would match perfectly. I did notice that my ring''s pave pattern was a little bit different than the sample I had originally seen."

No harm in asking...

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
IslandDreams - I knowwwww, I need to just get over it!!
40.gif
I keep wondering if it would be easy or not easy...but I should just ASK them and then if it is really difficult to do, decide knowing that. But it is dumb of me not to at least ask first in case it would be really easy for them to fix.

Tulip - Yeah, I agree that it does look like in the pictures the wedding band is more channel-set than the engagement ring is. So that makes me think it is unlikely that even if they could have the other craftsman do it, it would turn out exactly matching my engagement ring. I think that might just be the way it is supposed to look. Also, the wedding ring is full eternity, but the engagement ring is only 3/4s. Which makes sense because a wedding ring would be more likely to spin, but also makes me think they are meant to be a set that "goes together" as opposed to a set that matches EXACTLY. We did NOT see a real-life version of the wedding band in person before ordering it, and I did not personally talk to the jeweler at all during the process. My fiance just emailed the jeweler he bought the engagement ring through and said "Yeah, we want the matching wedding band too" and I think that was it.

Tiger - that is a VERY good point about the PS community! In fact, I just emailed the most glaringly obvious pictures to a non-PS friend who was like "I am really sorry but no matter how much I stare at this I CANNOT tell what you''re talking about AT ALL." So I do think there is a good chance I just need to chill.
20.gif
I do think that it is worth at least asking, "is it supposed to match the engagement ring EXACTLY" and if they say yes, asking if there are different craftsmen. So that is probably the route that I''ll end up taking. (As in, what I''ll end up making my fiance say to the jeweler.
12.gif
)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well I think it looks lovely together, but of course, if it bothers you, then see what they can do to make you happier.

I tend to think that this is how VW does the matching band, just a bit differently. But of course, why don't you call or go down to the store you purchased the setting from and find out exactly! Then either you can have them remake it if the wedding band is indeed incorrect, or you can possibly get a refund if the wedding band is correct. Maybe VW can custom make you the wedding band you want, otherwise go somewhere that can.

But like I said, I think it looks great
30.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Albi,

Hi...just read over your post and others responses to you...You have the right to feel as you do. It will be on YOUR hand and YOU need to feel ok with it.

I do see some differences but they aren''t huge, however, its also not on my hand. I am more of a matchy match girl and understand your feelings. There was one suggestion about flanking the other side with another band like I did. That might be a good idea in this situation. Then you would have two of the same bands which match each other, which allows ones eye to see the e-ring for the seperate piece it is...beautiful.

Or you can forget that and see if you can return the band you have and get one custom made. It really is your choice and one that you need to feel very VERY sure about NOW.

Not to hijack your thread, but I just got back from the Caribbean and I am contemplating changing MY setting to a prong setting...again, I have to wear the rings and I need to be the one happy. BTW, I won''t be doing anything immediately...
emembarrassed.gif

Anyways, Albi, go with what feels right for you...I am sure you will make the right choice!

Best of Luck!
emwink.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Albi - I just watched the entire opening animation on VW website, and a model is shown with the set and she''s not wearing them flush but totally separated- yeah, I have a lot of time on my hands today!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 3:35:00 PM
Author: tulip928
Albi - I just watched the entire opening animation on VW website, and a model is shown with the set and she''s not wearing them flush but totally separated- yeah, I have a lot of time on my hands today!

Haha, I have totally not seen the whole animation - I''m going to have to do that now!

Rascal & Deanne - I knowwwwww, I just can''t decide if it does bug me or not. Like I really think there is a very good chance that the ring itself doesn''t bug me AT ALL but just that I was surprised that it was different from what I was expecting. You know what I mean? So I can''t quite see it just for what it is yet. I''m hoping I''ll get there in the next day or two though. I am starting to really think this is just how Vera Wang expects it to look though, so I should just defer to her judgement.
2.gif
I''m not normally a really matchy matchy person, but I just THOUGHT that it WOULD match so my brain is having a little hard time processing this.
20.gif

PS - Deanne, why are you thinking of changing yours?? I looove your recent upgrade!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 3:44:27 PM
Author: albicocca
Rascal & Deanne - I knowwwwww, I just can''t decide if it does bug me or not. Like I really think there is a very good chance that the ring itself doesn''t bug me AT ALL but just that I was surprised that it was different from what I was expecting. You know what I mean? So I can''t quite see it just for what it is yet. I''m hoping I''ll get there in the next day or two though. I am starting to really think this is just how Vera Wang expects it to look though, so I should just defer to her judgement.
2.gif
I''m not normally a really matchy matchy person, but I just THOUGHT that it WOULD match so my brain is having a little hard time processing this.
20.gif
Oh I totally understand. Give it a couple days and see what you think!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Albi,

I think it's beautiful, but I'm not the one wearing it. The height thing is the only thing I question - the metal on the sides, etc I still love. I definitely think you're doing the right thing to wear it a few days with the ering and see how you feel. Having had an experience where I got a ring that wasn't what I expected....I can say from experience that doing this should make up your mind. In my case, what happened was that I went from "well, this is okay but not exactly right" to "omigod get this off my finger RIGHT NOW - must get to jeweler before they close today!!!"

I have to say, I'm not one for what other people think, so the fact that Vera Wang thinks these rings go together doesn't mean much to me. Vera ain't wearin' them, is she?
2.gif
Definitely wear them together awhile, and that should make up your mind.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a picture of the set from the VeraWang website. It does look like the w-band and e-ring are a little different: verawang.com

verwang2006.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll bet the reason for the increase width of platinum on the sides is that since it''s an eternity band, the diamonds are protected better and you''ll probably be less likely to knock them and lose them.
21.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think Albi''s band looks more different from her e-ring than the Vera pics do. I really wouldn''t settle. I would at least inquire if they might have sent you a band made for a different Vera set. They just don''t look like they match 100% to me. It would drive me crazy, but I am very picky. Non-PSers (or people not as into jewelry) would probably never notice. But you don''t want to be staring at your ring 10 times an hour wondering if they look right together. I''m sure you paid a lot for the ring and you deserve to be 100% happy. If the height were the same, they might not fit exactly flush, but closer than now. And that''s a good point about the extra metal for more security, but shouldn''t they have done the same thing on her e-ring if that''s the case?

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Gail - Albi said the pave on the ering goes 3/4 and the wedding ring is an eternity band. It does seem, in the photos of her ring, that maybe the band is thicker than in the drawing. But the slight difference in the setting is the same - almost like a channel set in the band.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yeeeah, so now I feel silly.
26.gif
I''ve been wearing it tonight and I literally CANNOT TELL AT ALL that they are different (even knowing all the differences) from more than 6 inches away. And as much as I love staring at my rings, I don''t really think the amount of time that I spend with rings less than 6 inches away from my face is enough to cause such a fuss over.
20.gif
So I''m 99% deciding to not even bother calling them at this point. I think from the pictures on the Vera Wang site and from the fact that the one is full eternity and the other isn''t, I''ve really just determined that they are supposed to be 1% different from each other, and since I can''t tell unless I hold them right up in my face, it really just doesn''t matter. So I''ll keep wearing them (at home only
39.gif
) for another little bit to be sure, but I very much think I was just overreacting now. Oh well!
4.gif
At least I''m loving it now!
9.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha! It happens to the best of us, Albi!
19.gif

dazzling

Rough_Rock
Your set is lovely! I am sure it would be hard to tell the difference without putting your nose up to it... but even so, I like that it is a bit different... almost like those sets of beautiful diamond stack rings that are similar but slightly different. Classy and gorgeous!
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
hehe, thanks Tulip & Dazzling!
9.gif

I took some new pictures today so I''m going to start a new "I love my wedding set" thread in a bit and try to forget all about this!
20.gif

Thanks everyone for your help/advice!!!
4.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
FYI my new thread is up with sunlight photos that turned out a bit better! It''s over here

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-vera-wang-wedding-set.41432/

candysparkles

Rough_Rock
I was actually disapointed to find out it WASN''T a split shank LOL - I loveeeee split shanks and it defintaetly DOES look like one. I like it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is actually one of my favorites on pricescope and I put it in a folder on my computer that I would look at and used to pick out mine...and I eventually made it a split shank haha! That being said, I''m a bit bias, but I actually don''t mind the space inbetween. However, they are not identical and do sit at slightly different heights and it wouldn''t hurt to inquire about it. I know it''s hard to talk about little nit picky things like that, but there is no reason to feel bad about it either. They might be able to fix it easily, and they might not... I was scared to go back and have mine reset, because it was 1/2 a mm too high!!! talk about picky, but I was nice about asking and they did it no problem! Here is another suggestion...what would it look like with another band on the top like a set of three or wearing it on your right hand?

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. Very dainty.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Your set is beautiful, but from the las pic I think your wedding band is too big for your finger (see the space on one side?). Maybe if you get it sized down it will look even better!

luvchantico

Rough_Rock
Very beautiful, I love the width of your bands...very dainty but stunning.

REminds me of MY FAVE mEMOIRE setting.
36.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Oh luvchantico, your avatar looks yummy.
3.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Albi -- your ering is truly stunning, and the band is too. You have perhaps the most delicate and dainty rings on the entire PS forum. But, they don''t match exactly and so if that bothers you, go for a custom job. I''m usually a big fan of non-matching rings together, but they have to be different enough so that they''re actually OK together, does that make sense? If they''re *almost but not quite* matching, then it''s a totally different story -- personally, it''d bother me. However, if you love them, I''m sure you''ll enjoy them together for the rest of your life! They ARE gorgeous, no doubt about that.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
first off GORGEOUS rings!
9.gif
if it bothers you you should have it fixed. I just sent my wband (FI proposed with my wband) to Mark Morrell today so he could build my ering setting to sit flush with it. I figure if he designs around it should be perfect...but again your rings are beautiful! Congrats

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results