shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wax from WF!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second Mara about the prongs... Although I am not quite sure what can they do at this point - a dramatic change would mean that the head would not be peg-set into the band and this is already set to happen.

The ''Solstice'' rings by Stuller have a separate head like this but with somewhat rounded prongs - still rather large though, like all ring heads of this sort (i.e. not basket and without any support for the prongs other than their thickness). IMO, large prongs will show on a large stone like this even if the model works great for setting 30 pts or so.

Any chance they could use ''Tiffany'' style prongs or something ? WF does a nice Tiffany knife edge solitaire (THIS), so maybe they can provide the option if you find it desirable at all.

Just a thought
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one should have been attached to the previous post:

The bits of pictures used in collage come from WF and DVatche.com. You mention that having the rings fit flush is a must... and it may look like the Tiffany prongs do not allow it. But this does not have to be this way - the width of the band (3mm) may allow the base of the prongs to bend into it completely, and Mark Morrell'd version of the famous ring has another solution for it - a wider conic base for the prongs (see here).

Edited to add: the picture shows a stone allot smaller than yours - for near 3 carats, the prongs would be relatively smaller, I just forgot to adjust it before posting...

KNTWF.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Ana you consistenly amaze me with your photo skills! You always manage to put together what the rest of us are trying to say!
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow, LLL, your stone is amazing! I can''t wait to see the finished ring!

I think the Tiffany-style head, as Ana posted, would look amazing with your setting! Let us know what you decide.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! I really like the prongs Ana posted. No matter what you decide with that stone how could you go wrong?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
LLL: I am so glad you started a thread with your waxes! Saw your avatar earlier and was searching like mad for a thread so I could get a better view! I love the stone and the design of the band and setting. It''s going to be awesome!

Ana has once again done wonders with her photoshop skills and I am loving the head that she superimposed on your wax. Those softer prongs flow with the knife-edge design. Can''t wait to see the finished product!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the positive and constructive replies! I am waiting to see what can be done with the prongs that will still allow for the e-ring and band to still sit flush.

Ana you are absolutely amazing!! I LOVE how the tiffany style prongs look with the knife edge shank, and having a visual just reinforces this for me. It looks fantastic! Thank you so much, I am sending this to WF hehe
31.gif

I thought I had posted the specs before but the stone is an ES I/SI2 2.63.

Oh and actually my design was loosely based on the Vatche setting and a generic knife edge I found on some random website. I wanted my stone to sit up higher, I also wanted thinner rings and more diamonds, and I wanted different prongs but we will see how that turns out
30.gif

Thanks again for all the support!
35.gif
I will keep you all updated!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
eeee I like Val''s head option ALOT...YUM!!!!! That would be fab on your wax/ring!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh me too, looks great!!!!!
36.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Crossing fingers they can do it and sit flush!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
When will you know if they can do it?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Well I have requested the changes to the prongs (rounding them out and making them more "fluid" and changing the positioning of the prongs). I also requested a pic to see how the stone looks in the setting and all I can say is....I''m in love!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I cannot wait to see the final pics!

c_diamond_and_wax_pic.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
LLL, that is going to be stunning. I love the changes. Way to go Ana. Really a great look to that head.

Shay

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
When will you be getting that STUNNER on your finger? And yellow gold too....I am dying to see how that baby comes out!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Will the head have the little fluting like the tiffany head does? Will it be part of the ring or set on top?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Shay and Matatora, that picture is not showing how the final head will look. We are still working on finding one that is different but will sit flush. I will keep you all updated. And I am guessing about 2 weeks for completion? I''m not 100% sure though.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Well the tiffany prongs were a no-go
8.gif
However, I was able to do something a little bit different and use the a curvaceous elements of the tiffany prongs but still maintain the ability for the two rings to sit flush....soooooo hopefully it will come out as I imagined. Now it''s the waiting game
14.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my oh my oh my i love it!!!!

make sure they curve out the prongs when they are polishing it to give it that rounded out ''cupped'' look and also make sure the prong tips are TINY so that all you see is that fabulous diamond. i love how it will sit flush, that''s SO me.

i am SOO covetous right now. it''s going to be just stunning. i can''t even imagine!!! the wax normally just shows the outline, so the final piece? OH GOD.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2005 12:29:19 AM
Author: Mara

...make sure they curve out the prongs when they are polishing it to give it that rounded out 'cupped' look
Like the Solstice ?

Sorry for the detour caused by that picture... from this side of the screen, I cannot know what one jewelry shop or another can actually do and under what conditions
7.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
No windows Ana - I like the idea. That is a nice setting.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Ana girl no need for apologies! You in essence created an image that I had in my head and I thank you tremendously for that! I am too excited about seeing the final product! I will keep you all posted with any changes! Thanks!

Mara thanks for all the kind words, it''s been a looooong journey and I can''t believe it is coming to an end, but what is even more amazing is that my dream set and stone is actually a reality.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
For some reason...it looks extra super yummy good in the red wax!! Oh, I know why! Because the diamond is in there!
30.gif

I hope the hurricane doesn''t make your wait longer! But, it will all be worth it in the end!

What size is your finger anyways? I''m too lazy to look to see if you already listed it....
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep Ana like the Solstice..love it. Maybe the cupped finished prongs could even be a bit thinner than the Solstice to show more of that fab stone!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Tawn - I wear a size 7. Tried on a 2.5 and it look yummy on my hand so I know this one will be scrumptious!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUM I''m a 6 so that baby would be PERFECT for me.
31.gif

I''ll have to tell WF to get in another 2.63 for next spring, preferrrably in J SI2 for a bit of cost savings.
9.gif

I showed Greg your wax pics last nite and he just rolled his eyes. HAHA.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I love the new waxes and the red color just sets off the design even more! I agree with Mara, rounded prongs will make this setting perfect (if that''s your preference). Now the wait.....
23.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Ha Mara, you are going to give your hubby a heartattack!

Thank you for the compliment onedrop!

I just hope my camera will take great pictures when the time comes.
38.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the new wax!
30.gif
the prongs flow much better. Keep us updated.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you T.E., all I can say is this wait is so nervewrecking!
32.gif
32.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2005 5:06:30 PM
Author: LadyluvsLuxury
Thank you T.E., all I can say is this wait is so nervewrecking!
32.gif
32.gif

I bet. It will be so worth it.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results