shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wax from WF!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Well my story started many moons ago...ok ok I''ll skip the story and start with the pics! hehehe first one of my gorgeous stone!!! I had one stone brought in and one ACA and two expert selections I was considering. After an almost hour long conversation with Brian I decided to go with this one, he said it is eye clean and is a fabulous stone!
30.gif

2.63 I SI2 Expert Selection2.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
And the SARIN for the number junkies!

Attachments

• 2.63 I SI2 Expert Selection3.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 391

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a handshot I had them take for me b/c I am anal
31.gif
The black spot on the right is a reflection not an inclusion...it is gorgeous!!
30.gif

2.63 I SI2 Expert Selection.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the super (i think 40X) maganified pics! It is fantastic ( I think anyway
31.gif
)

2.63 I SI2 Expert Selection1.jpg

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
You really did a great job.
Your diamond is gorgeous!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
and huge !

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
And here is the wax of my band...I wanted my band and e-ring to sit flush and I wanted half-eternity style pave. I think it is going to be fantastic! BTW this will be in 18kt yellow gold with a platinum head. The band and e-ring are 3MM. I will dig up the specs on the melees (all ACAs of course)

c band.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the matching e-ring....swoonable
30.gif

ring11111111133.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the picture overload! Here is a pic of the band and the e-ring together...just a dream
30.gif
30.gif

c band and ring.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Stephan, I was just over in your thread, your ring is fabolous, so clean and elegant!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow, your stone is gorgeous (and HUGE)!
30.gif

And I love yellow gold.
36.gif

I can''t wait to see it!
35.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa Momma- that is going to be one amazing set- your diamond is spectacular!!!!

How long do we, ooops I mean YOU, have to wait to see it?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh. I was wondering if there was a thread on this since I saw your avatar, LLL!

I LOVE THAT STONE!! I have seen it on the site for a while and trust me, if you had not snapped it up, I was eyeing it for 2006. I love the size, 8.91mm oh my gosh!!!

The pictures of it are awesome too, the hand shots it looks really eye-clean which is just fab. I know that the plot looked kind of icky which is maybe why it''s hung around so long, kudos to you for taking a chance and it looks like it will pay off fabulously.

Love the rings too. Custom design is the best IMO...I love designing my own stuff. I love when the heads are softer and ''cup'' the ring...so beautiful!! I like the WF Tiffany 6 prong head, I would do something like that for the he head...it''s a bit softer than the wax shows. Unless maybe that''s what it''s going to look like when done and polished? Sometimes it''s hard to tell in the waxes.

So the real Q is when will it be done! I wish we''d seen the wax when we were there!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2005 7:27:21 PM
Author: Mara
Oh my gosh. I was wondering if there was a thread on this since I saw your avatar, LLL!

I LOVE THAT STONE!! I have seen it on the site for a while and trust me, if you had not snapped it up, I was eyeing it for 2006. I love the size, 8.91mm oh my gosh!!!

The pictures of it are awesome too, the hand shots it looks really eye-clean which is just fab. I know that the plot looked kind of icky which is maybe why it''s hung around so long, kudos to you for taking a chance and it looks like it will pay off fabulously.

Love the rings too. Custom design is the best IMO...I love designing my own stuff. I love when the heads are softer and ''cup'' the ring...so beautiful!! I like the WF Tiffany 6 prong head, I would do something like that for the he head...it''s a bit softer than the wax shows. Unless maybe that''s what it''s going to look like when done and polished? Sometimes it''s hard to tell in the waxes.

So the real Q is when will it be done! I wish we''d seen the wax when we were there!
Hey Mara! I have not approved the wax yet, as I did have some slight reservations about the prongs. I am awaiting another pic with the stone placed in the prongs before I give the go ahead or make any mods. I agre the plot looked scary but when I compared the plot to the 40X mag pic I was more at ease, and then after speaking with Brian, even more so b/c I had two other stones that were $2.5k-$3.5k more expensive and he told me straight up this is fabolous and was his pick. I know he wouldn''t jerk me around so I went with it! Also, one thing to really put in perspective is he told me that the magnified picture is probably bigger than the palm of my hand (which it was), he said think about the actual scale of the diamond, which is probably the size of a finger tip and that helps put the inclusions in perspective. Plus where the clouds show on the right there will be a prong, but he said he could not see them anyway. So I''m not concerned at all. Great bang for the buck I think hehehe!
31.gif
Plus hubby was happy I came in under budget!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and I have not approved the wax yet, but I think 2-3 weeks for completion after I approve it?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY for you LLL!!!!! You must be sooo excited, great stone and great waxes!!!!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
See I''m just not the biggest fan of the ''stark'' stiff 6 prongs that alot of rings have, I love when rings curve a bit and cup to hold the stone. Kind of like that 3 prong W that I posted in our trip to WF thread...the prongs on that one had a bit of a curve rather than straight/stiff. Esp for larger stones, I think that is a fabulous way to show off a great head!!! I would look around on their site and other sites and see if any other heads on rings appeal to you and maybe you can really be custom with the head creation. Love it!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow lll....that is going to be so very beautiful! oh my!
18.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the pics! That stone looks amazing!! And the wax looks great too!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
All I can say is WOW!!! The stone looks awesome. I don''t see any inclusions in the magnified hand shot. Is it SI2? What''s the color? With an 8.9 mm spread, OMG, I would love that!!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That''s going to be just beautiful.
I can''t wait to see the finished bling

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the only "prong mods" Id make would be a) make them less stiff, and b) rotate so that there is one prong at 9 and one at 3 and then the rest at 11, 1, 5, 7.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my fricken gosh!!!
6.gif

Now that I''m over my shock! I had no idea that your center was going to be such a monster!! That is going to be one gorgeous ring! I feel for ya though...the next couple of weeks are going to make you into a crazy woman!
2.gif
I know from recent experience...lol

Keep me posted on your progress!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
The stone is gorgeous!!

And the ring is going to be too!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That''s a killer diamond and the setting is going to be fantastic!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
LLL, WOW, that is one lovely stone. I love the pics of it in Brian''s hand (I think it''s his). It really shows its pedigree. Simply gorgeous. Now, tell us the color and clarity, so that we can have that info too. We are info junkies here you know. I do think that the wax is really lovely. It''s so going to showcase that monster!
30.gif
Good luck with waiting.

Shay

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE your stone...and I love seeing the wax. I think your rings are going to be fabulous. I agree with mara, espcially since you''re going custom it would be really nice to do something more "romantic" with the head rather than the common look. Definitely seeing pics with your stone will help. Whether you change it or not I still think it is going to be an amazing set. i tried on a pave knife edge Tacori set and it was yummy.

anika

Shiny_Rock
LLL - your ring and diamond are stunning. And thats just the wax!
After seeing the eye candy from Mara and Aljdewey''s visit to WF and that gorgeous champagne yellow gold ring, I can see yellow gold and small diamonds look very pretty - very luxurious yet feminine compared to the colder colours of white metal. It would be interesting to see how this works with a more structured head vs a "softer head".
Can''t wait to see what you decide...

Anika

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I went through this, too, with prongs, and I found the buttercup style prongs to be much more to my liking. The just felt more fluid and "softer".

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
/images/site/g_lostF.jpg
915-256-B.gif

Oh wow LLL! I love your stone...fantastic! And I have been waiting for this thread...Wow! I will be very intreasted in seeing what you do about the prongs. Is your ring based on the vatche kinfe edge set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results