shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My "Vera" Dangling Earrings by Whiteflash

Do you find my dangling earrings identical enough to accept?

• 1. Yes, the difference is not noticeable in real life.

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • 2. No, I would want the difference to be corrected or minimized.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • 3. Undecided or don't know

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1378185586|3513862 said:
Hi, FD, what did you decide about having them redone versus looking at them first?
Sorry about the late reply. I have been tied up until now. Yes, the difference in shape bothers me a lot, so I requested WF to modify(e.g., by using larger diameter melees in East and West positions) without the need to recast. Don't know what/how they did, but the result turned out good. See new photo below. The earrings will be shipped to me next week. Until then, I have no new photos to show and do not know how the new earrings would look in real life.

Thank you to all who voted and who provided comments and insights. While the vote results are interesting, the comments are particularly useful for me in understanding the reasons for the votes and helping me understand my preferences and reasonable expectations. The new insights helped me define the acceptance criteria that are reasonable but also make me happy.

The earrings are quite expensive. I paid a lot to get the best diamonds and workmanship, as I intend to treasure these earrings for life and pass them down to my daughters and heirs. I want the earrings not only look good in my ears but also in my hands. Therefore, I expect the earrings to look good within 6 inches. The right earring in the two small "test" photos was later recast, and I had seen it in person. When more votes were cast for no change/difference after these photos had been posted, I concluded that I had to rely more on the comments, and hence my decision to request modifications from WF. WF, whose aim is to meet/exceed customer expectation, immediately took action. They even offered to pay for shipping in case of return for adjustment.

The photo below shows the modified earring (only one needed work). The shape of both earrings' inner halos is now round. Honestly, at first glance, I can't tell which earring had the modification. I think there is a great chance that the new earrings would look great in person. Crossing my fingers.

_9636.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In the meantime, I am adding two beauty photos that WF sent me before they recast one of the danglers.

_9637.jpg

_9638.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are two photos of the dangling earring with my 3-plus ctw huggies (to show/compare size).

_9639.jpg

_9640.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad that WF is making the earrings 100% perfect for you! I can't wait to see your earshots when they arrive! They will be magnificent heirlooms, no doubt.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancy, they're going to be beautiful! I saw the original difference, but now I can't tell which earring needed re-configuration.

I'm very glad that you decided to address your discomfort and contact them - and I'm very glad to hear that they've done everything they can to make you happy! It's the sort of thing where you could've told yourself that they were fine, that you wouldn't see the difference IRL on the ears, etc., and know that all your arguments are true, but there still would've been that niggling annoyance/resentment that they aren't perfect... now you know that you'll be completely satisfied. And it works to WF's benefit too - now they know that you're completely satisfied and that much more likely to come back, and to recommend others...

I can't wait to see them!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FD, I am also very glad that you addressed your concerns with WF and that they fixed the problem! They look perfect now! :love: :appl: I totally agree that pieces I buy which are meant to be heirlooms need to be perfect. That is why we use a high quality jeweler like WF for these kinds of projects! I look forward to seeing ear shots of your beautiful earrings!

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
Did you notice that these are the August 2014 pin up in Whiteflash's calendar? So gorgeous!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your earrings are gorgeous. In the image where one was made over I honestly don't see a difference.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So glad we have ThrowbacknThursdays or I would have never read this thread! Amazing custom diamond earrings from Whiteflash! Above and way beyond beautiful and heirloom indeed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results