shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Tiffany & Co. Ring

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Jewels! I was able to do a "vendor search" on eBay and found the SP listings. I am falling in love with your ring! Your patience has paid off well.
1.gif
I also noticed that of all the ratings on SP on eBay were positive! No negative ratings from customers at all. Definitely a good sign.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The band looks beautiful with your e-ring. Gorgeous set, love the updated pictures!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that band looks perfect with your ering

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow you did such a great job picking out your rings! After reading about your experiences with Signed Pieces, I started looking on there for wedding bands.

Your rings look great together! Absolutely beautiful!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2006 9:51:40 PM
Author: Jewels

I love the new band. I know this sounds crazy, the band is great but I sometimes find it a bit overwhelming when I wear it with the solitaire. I have had the solitaire for about 3 weeks and I love the sleek simple look of the solitaire alone. The 1.35c looks pretty substantial on my size 3.25 finger and when I put the band on, I find that it steals a bit of the thunder away from the solitaire. Please give me your honest opinion and let me know if I should:

1) Wear them as a set

2) Wear the solitaire on the left hand and wear the band on the right hand.

I know you PSers love bling, but your honest opinion is greatly appreciated. Only all of you can truely understand my confusion now. If I were to ask my friends, they will think that I am CRAZY.

I'm a size 3.5, have a 1.23ct solitaire, and my band has 3 pointers like yours. I understand what you're going through trying to decide on what wedding ring to wear with your ering. I've always loved the look of my solitaire with eternity ring. I bought my wedding ring about 10 months before my wedding. I'd try it on and I just loved it. Before I was married I couldn't wait to wear the rings together! I've been married a little over 3 months now, and I still love the look. Sometimes I miss the simple sleek look of the solitaire alone. But most of the time I think the diamond band compliments my ering well. And the 3 points don't overpower my solitaire. One of my coworkers has a solitaire with plain band and I always love looking at it. I love that look as well because it makes the diamond pop! You did say, "A solitaire with a semi or full eternity band is my fav look" so I'm assuming you put lots of thought into what you want before spending money to buy the band. So I say if you love the look, wear it!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 2:12:53 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Wow you did such a great job picking out your rings! After reading about your experiences with Signed Pieces, I started looking on there for wedding bands.

Your rings look great together! Absolutely beautiful!!
Thanks CJ
21.gif

SP has Tiffany bands very often. If not, the bands from their Facets line are great too. Many PSers have them and I would drool over them whenever I see one posted here. I really like SP''s 30 return policy. Their service is what won me over, in addition to their return policy and great product.

Good luck with your wedding band search.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, gosh, you have the perfect set! I LOVE the band...of course, I am biased because I have exactly the same look except I unfortunately don''t have Tiffany settings! I don''t in any way think the diamond band takes away from the solitaire, and I would not like the plain knife edge wedding band nearly as much. The Tiffany diamond band is my very favorite...wear it and enjoy it!!!!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks snlee for your detailed feedback. Our stones and finger sizes are almost alike
26.gif

I took my band in to Tiffany to size yesterday and I must say that I miss my band. Will be ready next week.

While I was at Tiffany, I tried on the knife edge band. Funny thing is that when I put it on, it didn''t speak to me at all. There is a small gap between the solitaire and the band, and since the band is plan it made the gap look even wider. Keep in mind that I can see a gap when I put my diamond band on, but the gap is not that noticeable. Maybe because the sparkles from the band took the attention away from the gap??

So as it stands, I now like my diamond band better after trying on the plain knife edge. I am also glad that I made a 30 second decision and purchased the band from SP. I was checking SP''s web site daily after I bought my solitaire and when I saw that band, I screamed for DH right away and literally, I just clicked and checked out the item. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made in 30 seconds.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words and feedback.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Well at least now you know for sure having tried on the plain band. Enjoy the serious bling when you get it back. You know we all think your rings look fabulous!

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Jewels,

I love your set! That is the exact look I will be going for. I really love the proportions of the wband to the width of the ering. I personally find full eternity uncomfortable and I think half is the way to go! Congratualtions, it is really fate smiling on you.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Got my band back from Tiffany and I must say I LOVE IT. It fits a lot better now and I am loving the extra added sparkles. Here is pic....

IMG_5101tiff.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Another....

IMG_5104tiff.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 12:38:10 AM
Author: lisaC
Well at least now you know for sure having tried on the plain band. Enjoy the serious bling when you get it back. You know we all think your rings look fabulous!
Thanks Lisa, I am really enjoying the serious bling. Sometimes I think that it''s a bit too much but hey, I LOVE IT. Many girls from my work place went crazy when they saw my set together.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 1:02:57 AM
Author: Kit
Jewels,

I love your set! That is the exact look I will be going for. I really love the proportions of the wband to the width of the ering. I personally find full eternity uncomfortable and I think half is the way to go! Congratualtions, it is really fate smiling on you.
Thanks Kit. I think a semi-eternity will look amazing with your e-ring.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It''s not too much Jewels, it is perfect! Love your new rings and I am so glad you are enjoying them.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW congratulations. Lovely set. Your hard work really paid off!

They look great together.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Jewells I ordered your setting and after seeing it together you inspired me to have a new wedding ring made with my upgrade. I am going for a classic solitare with a 1.34 stone. My wedding ring is a 3/4 diamond eternity grain set with tcw of 1 carat. I too have a small finger 4 1/4 and just think this is a stunning and classic look. Thank you so much for the inspiration
36.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Those new pictures show what lovely hands you have and how absolutely fabulous your rings are!
1.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
Perfect!! Both of them.....what a beautiful set
30.gif
The proportion of the two rings is just right.....

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Sundial - Thanks, I am having so much fun with them.

Stone Hunter - Thank you.

Katebar - OMG, I am so happy to hear that I have inspired someone. Your set is going to be stunning. I can''t wait for pics, pls post them as soon as you get the rings. Good choice in going 3/4 for the band becuase from the side profile, it will look like a full eternity.

Lisa - Thank you for your sweet compliments, you''re so kind. Now I just need to put a Tag Heuer watch on my wish list, I need one with diamonds in it. I think
DH will pass out if I tell him that I need another Tag
31.gif

Susi - Thank you. I so look forward to purchasing more Tiffany pieces from SP.

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
Jewels: I love, love your set. It is beautiful! I wish my finger is a 3.25.
39.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
It is this thread that forces me to obsessively check the SP site every day...... *swoon*

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Your new set is gorgeous Jewels! I have a thing about the authentic Tiffany solitaire also. SC does a beautiful job but it''s not quite the same. I''m so happy for you!

baby1nov

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone, I have been a long time lurker and finally decided to post..I wanted to tell Jewels she was my inspiration too!
Here is my story..sometime back I bought a T&Co ring as an upgrade to my old engagement ring, an Oval cut 1.14carat solitaire from Signed Pieces. This website gave me the courage to buy something like that over the internet since signed pieces is so widely regarded. It was a beautiful ring. But after a couple weeks of wearing it, something was just not quite right. I convinced my husband to look around to help me better decide if it was truly the right ring for me. Of course I ended up at Tiffany''s and looked at several of them, the Lucida, a round with pear stones on the side, their radiant cut..but once I tried on their round solitaire I was in love. I thought about waiting for one to come up on Signed pieces but my husband had agreed to upgrade my diamond as a gift since I was due with our first child. I was due in a couple of months. So we just decided to buy it from Tiffany''s. I know, I know..but I was in love with it and not sure when I''d find the right one on Signed Pieces and wanted it before the baby was born. So a 1.22 CT G color VS1 Clarity later I had my perfect ring!

Next I needed a new band to match it. We''d spent enough on the ring so Signed Pieces had a sale and I bought a channel band full eternity..it was thin and the diamonds were small but it was pretty. Again I had that feeling it wasn''t the right ring and didn''t show up the diamond enough. Then I saw this thread and decided I was in love with the look Jewels had and wanted that band. But I really didn''t want to pay the Tiffany price again. So one day on Ebay I found a ring that was a T&Co that had the gift receipt..I emailed the girl and asked her what was the value of the full ring? She said $4K. It wasn''t a ring I wanted so I thought I could win the auction, return the ring and get what I wanted! I ended up winning the bid for $2K and returned the ring and got the half eternity band. Its .56ct so the stones are 8pts each and normally goes for $3750. I sold my signed pieces band, so it really ended up costing me only about $1600 for the band! I felt like I had to run out of Tiffany''s before they''d figure it out or something! Anyway here are my pictures...thanks for the inspiration..and I also wanted to thank everyone for all the information on this site which is wonderful.

tiff911.JPG

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Pearberry - Thank you. With my small fingers, many people have asked if my stone is 1.5c
9.gif

Miranda - I am obsessed with the SP site and have been checking quite often lately. I have to do it secretly becuase if DH sees me browsing on that site, his will get a heart attack
6.gif

Irish Angel - Thanks. I was seriously considering getting a stone and the setting from SC, but decided on the original as nothing compares to the original. I'm so glad that I can get one from SP without paying the full mark up.

Baby1Nov - Gongrats. I love your set. Glad that I have inspired someone. Hey, IMO even paying full price for a Tiffany is all worth it. You did well on the band, that is such a smart move. What a deal!!!! Your timing could not have been better.

Here are some new pics, enjoy......

tiff1465.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock

DSCF1475.jpg

Starry9t

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful set!

Jewel, thank you so much for recommendation. I checked SP on a daily basis and DH called them several times and guess what?! Our patience finally paid off very well! David called us yesterday afternoon that they have a 1.60 I VS1 ring. They offered the opportunity to us to buy it before they put it on their web. We couldn't be more happy!The ring will be here tomorrow and I am so so so excited!
Jewel, I couldn't find such a good deal without your sharing!!! Thank you so much!!!
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results