shape
carat
color
clarity

My Stone purchase from Starsgem =(

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She may not know, I would call UPS about this. $11 of that is UPS' fee to pay the $1.28 on your behalf. And did UPS deliver this package? I haven't ordered from SG, but everything I've gotten from Tianyu has shipped DHL.

Good point! Mine also came DHL.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
My SG purchase also came via DHL. I wonder why they changed? Regardless, Cherry needs to be informed and I wouldn’t pay it. I mean, $1.23, sure, but not the $11 that goes to UPS. That’s ridiculous.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
She may not know, I would call UPS about this. $11 of that is UPS' fee to pay the $1.28 on your behalf. And did UPS deliver this package? I haven't ordered from SG, but everything I've gotten from Tianyu has shipped DHL.

Yes it was sent and delivered by UPS. First Cherry said that she would ship it via DHL. The next thing I know is I receive tracking from UPS so I asked her about it and she said that the shipping company changed it due to having some issues with DHL to USA.. So I had no control over what shipping company that they used. I only paid extra for expedited shipping. I wasn't expecting to have more charges added on after the fact and I never authorized UPS to pay anything on my behalf. This whole ordeal has been a total nightmare. I am definitely calling UPS tomorrow to see what is up with them charging me $12.28. o_O I don't feel like I should be held accountable for more charges on this order. It has been shipped back via USPS and I don't even have it anymore. Just more frustration to deal with..:???:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
It says: US CUSTOMS DUTIES 1.28
BROKERAGE CHARGES 11.00
TOTAL CHARGES: 12.28

Due by November 3rd 2018!!!

This is NUTS!!:angryfire:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It says: US CUSTOMS DUTIES 1.28
BROKERAGE CHARGES 11.00
TOTAL CHARGES: 12.28

Due by November 3rd 2018!!!

This is NUTS!!:angryfire:

Call ups and explain it to them. They might just waive it. And if they don't, email SG and indicate you expect them to pay, since you didn't authorize them shipping via UPS anyway.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Call ups and explain it to them. They might just waive it. And if they don't, email SG and indicate you expect them to pay, since you didn't authorize them shipping via UPS anyway.

I hope that UPS will waive it but I don't know what they are going to say.. I just don't understand this at all. I was never billed anything extra from a shipping company after receiving it when I ordered and received my items from Tianyu. I have only ever directly ordered from overseas from these 2 companies (Tianyu and SG). Cherry already had to send me $35.00 to pay for having the send the stone back to them, I don't know how she is going to react to having to pay more money but the way that I see it, this is something else that is not my fault and I shouldn't be made responsible for. Even if the stone had been DEF and VVS1 Clarity like it was supposed to I would obviously still gotten this bill from UPS after the fact.

This is the link to the stone that I ordered from them within Ebay and it doesn't give a shipping company option, only the option to pay for regular China Post shipping which is slow or expedited which I paid..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5ct-6x12...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I cant believe that they still have this listing up advertising that they are selling DEF stones when they do not have any at all. :confused2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
****UPDATE****
Well I just got off the phone with UPS and thought that I would give you guys an update. UPS told me that with the tariffs in place and all that is going on that you will have additional brokerage fees and customs fees with items coming into the US from China and other countries. China being the most hard hit.. Apparently DHL already has this cost rolled into their pricing but UPS does not and it is the responsibility of the receiver to pay these charges/fees. When you cannot choose who your seller is going to ship with, then you are pretty much “stuck like Chuck” if they choose to use UPS for shipping! The lady I talked to was really nice and waived these fees for me as a one time courtesy since I had no idea that this could happen so I am at least grateful and thankful for that. I really don’t understand all this shipping overseas stuff anyway because it is all Greek to me. I have totally learned a very valuable lesson in all this though and I will not be ordering anything direct from CHINA again! If it is NOT already in the USA, I will not be buying it.:confused2:

***Please be aware that if you order from CHINA and the seller ships using UPS, you will be responsible for the brokerage and customs/duties fee charges coming into the USA..

This is what I was told by the UPS rep (Stacy)

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
****UPDATE****
Well I just got off the phone with UPS and thought that I would give you guys an update. UPS told me that with the tariffs in place and all that is going on that you will have additional brokerage fees and customs fees with items coming into the US from China and other countries. China being the most hard hit.. Apparently DHL already has this cost rolled into their pricing but UPS does not and it is the responsibility of the receiver to pay these charges/fees. When you cannot choose who your seller is going to ship with, then you are pretty much “stuck like Chuck” if they choose to use UPS for shipping! The lady I talked to was really nice and waived these fees for me as a one time courtesy since I had no idea that this could happen so I am at least grateful and thankful for that. I really don’t understand all this shipping overseas stuff anyway because it is all Greek to me. I have totally learned a very valuable lesson in all this though and I will not be ordering anything direct from CHINA again! If it is NOT already in the USA, I will not be buying it.:confused2:

***Please be aware that if you order from CHINA and the seller ships using UPS, you will be responsible for the brokerage and customs/duties fee charges coming into the USA..

This is what I was told by the UPS rep (Stacy)
Ah! That makes sense. I’ve been wondering when these tariffs were going to catch up with us.

Please keep in mind this is not China’s fault. And remember to vote on Nov 6th! =)2

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I got a bill from UPS too. I always get my rings from DHL from both companies but there was something going on with DHL over the course of a few weeks in. China and items were getting mailed out by UPS instead. I had to pay $13 for the canary colored ring but the oval came a few days later via DHL and there was no fee. Somethings are outside control I guess.....

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I got a bill from UPS too. I always get my rings from DHL from both companies but there was something going on with DHL over the course of a few weeks in. China and items were getting mailed out by UPS instead. I had to pay $13 for the canary colored ring but the oval came a few days later via DHL and there was no fee. Somethings are outside control I guess.....

:geek2:Forewarned is Forearmed--- What we didn't know before we know now..;)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@SparkleFest When I went into my eBay and I clicked on Return this Item, I selected that it didn't match the description and photos and it took me to a page where I had to email her and that is where I provided my photos that I posted here. There is where we have been talking back and forth but I don't know if this is the same as doing SNAD.. It just tells me at the top:
We'll send you an email when the seller responds to your request. If you have not agreed on a solution or the seller has not responded by Oct 22, 2018, you can ask us to step in and help. If you and your seller need more time to work things out, your request will stay open until Nov 21, 2018.

She did respond with the message that I posted above earlier about sending it back China Post but that is a China Service not a USA one and it is going to cost a lot more that what she is expecting to send it back from the USA..

I don't know what else to do here.. ***Scratches head***
I had a problem with a seller on EBay doing the same thing but it was a counterfeit item. I took several pictures if the item and attached it to my replies.I opened a claim..and Ebay sided with me that it wasn’t as described and made her refund the money and they told me to keep the item. I certainly didn’t want it..and the seller asked for it back..so I just sent it back to her and I was out the return shipping..but I couldn’t keep it or throw it out..Silly on my part but..that’s what I did. You can also call eBay and they will start a claim in addition to what you do through their site.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I had a problem with a seller on EBay doing the same thing but it was a counterfeit item. I took several pictures if the item and attached it to my replies.I opened a claim..and Ebay sided with me that it wasn’t as described and made her refund the money and they told me to keep the item. I certainly didn’t want it..and the seller asked for it back..so I just sent it back to her and I was out the return shipping..but I couldn’t keep it or throw it out..Silly on my part but..that’s what I did. You can also call eBay and they will start a claim in addition to what you do through their site.

Ebay did find in my favor and sided with me but I had to return the stone back which was fine with me but I didn't think that I should have been responsible for that cost when they didn't send me what I ordered to begin with so they (SG) paid to return it, thank goodness. It was delivered and Ebay gave me my money back. So glad that I made this purchase in Ebay to protect me and help me out with this situation!=)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ebay did find in my favor and sided with me but I had to return the stone back which was fine with me but I didn't think that I should have been responsible for that cost when they didn't send me what I ordered to begin with so they (SG) paid to return it, thank goodness. It was delivered and Ebay gave me my money back. So glad that I made this purchase in Ebay to protect me and help me out with this situation!=)2
I’m happy it worked out for you. I like to use PayPal with EBay because I feel doubly protected when I shop there. I’ve also had to go through PayPal for an Etsy purchase..but that also worked out.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I’m happy it worked out for you. I like to use PayPal with EBay because I feel doubly protected when I shop there. I’ve also had to go through PayPal for an Etsy purchase..but that also worked out.

;)2 Thanks! Me too!:geek2: I wasn't expecting to have to use that option in eBay but thankful that it was available in this situation.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results