shape
carat
color
clarity

My Stone purchase from Starsgem =(

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I dont know what it is but I seem to be having VERY bad luck ordering stones from both Tianyu and Starsgem.
I have ordered Colorless stones from both companies and they are NOT Colorless at all. Both stones are very yellow tinted!
This is the 6x12mm Marquise EF Mossanite stone that I received from Starsgem today after waiting almost a month to receive it. It is totally DEAD, no sparkle or fire and the color is NOT Colorless! Please see my photos and videos.. I do think that I am going to send this DUD back because it cost me well over $200.00!! I cant afford to be waisting money on these stones like this because they are not what they are supposed to be!

Shown next to my C&C MRB Forever One DEF Colorless-No sparkle at all! Yellow tint..
Marquise EF Pic 1.jpg

Shown here next to a CZ Colorless- You can see the major difference in color and clairty!
Marquise EF Pic 2.jpg

Videos:

I am so frustrated:x2 that I am not getting lucky like everyone else and getting what I ordered! I give up at this point..:(2
What is the best way to ship back to China that is tracked?? Anyone?:confused:

hsc9

Rough_Rock
:( That really sucks. I'm so sorry. You're right, the stone doesn't look that good. Did they send you photos or videos of the stone before sending it to you?

I've never shipped to China so I can't answer but I know there PSers have! Hopefully they can answer.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! I am so sorry!!! If you’re returning it, send it USPS and pick the more expensive trackable option. It’s like $30-$35, but worth it to track it outside the US. I made the mistake of choosing the cheaper option and it took FOREVER to get there and I thought it was lost or stolen.

I’m so sorry you’re having bad luck :(2 It has to be frustrating for you. I ordered a round brilliant from SG and ended up returning it too. I’ll be getting H&As from Tianyu I think. Most have had good luck with the more common cuts so I’m not as apprehensive. You better believe I’ll still be asking for pics and videos before they ship to me though! Lol

voce

Ideal_Rock
Sorry you have had such bad luck. Maybe look around for a preloved moissy that meets your standards? I hate it when what you see on the vendor's page is not what you actually get. :(2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys!:kiss2: Yes I definitely asked for pics and videos before shipment and I didn't see anything to be concerned about but then again I have no way to verify that what was shown to me in those pics and videos were actually my stones! It feels like a bait and switch..Not saying that is exactly what happened it just certainly feels that way!:(2 This was my FIRST PURCHASE WITH Starsgems too!!

Here is the link to their instagram page where I specifically told Cherry that I wanted a stone that looked just like these!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWG6CV4FeLI/?hl=en&taken-by=moissanites_diamonds

What I received was not anything like those..:confused2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
This is the video of the stone before shipment..My stone I received doesn't look like this one to me..

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
**UPDATE**
BUYERS BEWARE!!!:???: Okay, I am quite upset..:angryfire: I contacted Cherry last night about the state of the stone that I received and when I said above that to me it felt like this was a case of bait and switch, turns out I was right. I cannot believe this has happened and don't know why it had to happen!!

Some of you are not going to like this but I have to be honest here..I know that there have been many people to have good experiences with them but I am sorry but I cannot endorse buying from a company that does this! I certainly did not want this to happen to me but it did!:(2 I really wanted to have a positive experience! I needed it to be a positive experience!!

This is the response that I received from Cherry today:
Hi ******, The video we take two years ago, this year Chinese moissanite rough is not good quality as two years before, we have made 5 pieces marquise stone, this is the best white one we select for you. If we offer some discount for you, would you like to keep it? Pls let me know, thank you! Cherry

o_O A discount??
Umm, no.. I do not appreciate them more or less being dishonest with me and also wasting my time by sending me a stone that they knew up front was inferior in the quality and color of that which they advertised to be EF Colorless and also just like the ones on the video that was on their instagram page which I thought was what I was buying.

Were they totally dishonest with me- YES absolutely! Before I the order was sent and even throughout the whole order process I kept mentioning that it was very important to me to receive a stone that was white/clear and colorless.. Here are those emails:
Hi Cherry,
Will you also send me a video of the stone?
I also wanted to make sure that it is just like these from your Instagram page:

I definitely want a clear white stone with no yellow tones in it..

Warm regards,

Hi ******,
Yes, it is the best white stone already, and we will ship the stone for you today.

I did ask for a video of the stone please before shipment..

Hi ******,
Attached pls see the video for your reference.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like not only has this just wasted my time and money but they should be responsible for me having to return an inferior product back to them because what they sent me was not what I thought that I was buying and it was not as advertised!!

I don't have a lot of money to throw around or waste on inferior stones least of all not over $200.00! Now I ask you..If it was you and this was how you were treated after you trusted a company to represent itself as sending you what they were showing you in the videos and then you received a totally different product, how would that make you feel?? What would you do here??:?::?::?:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the stones on the IG page look absolutely nothing like the one you received.

I would ask for a full refund, including the cost of the return shipping, as you have not received what you thought you were buying.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
**UPDATE**
BUYERS BEWARE!!!:???: Okay, I am quite upset..:angryfire: I contacted Cherry last night about the state of the stone that I received and when I said above that to me it felt like this was a case of bait and switch, turns out I was right. I cannot believe this has happened and don't know why it had to happen!!

Some of you are not going to like this but I have to be honest here..I know that there have been many people to have good experiences with them but I am sorry but I cannot endorse buying from a company that does this! I certainly did not want this to happen to me but it did!:(2 I really wanted to have a positive experience! I needed it to be a positive experience!!

This is the response that I received from Cherry today:
Hi ******, The video we take two years ago, this year Chinese moissanite rough is not good quality as two years before, we have made 5 pieces marquise stone, this is the best white one we select for you. If we offer some discount for you, would you like to keep it? Pls let me know, thank you! Cherry

o_O A discount??
Umm, no.. I do not appreciate them more or less being dishonest with me and also wasting my time by sending me a stone that they knew up front was inferior in the quality and color of that which they advertised to be EF Colorless and also just like the ones on the video that was on their instagram page which I thought was what I was buying.

Were they totally dishonest with me- YES absolutely! Before I the order was sent and even throughout the whole order process I kept mentioning that it was very important to me to receive a stone that was white/clear and colorless.. Here are those emails:
Hi Cherry,
Will you also send me a video of the stone?
I also wanted to make sure that it is just like these from your Instagram page:

I definitely want a clear white stone with no yellow tones in it..

Warm regards,

Hi ******,
Yes, it is the best white stone already, and we will ship the stone for you today.

I did ask for a video of the stone please before shipment..

Hi ******,
Attached pls see the video for your reference.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like not only has this just wasted my time and money but they should be responsible for me having to return an inferior product back to them because what they sent me was not what I thought that I was buying and it was not as advertised!!

I don't have a lot of money to throw around or waste on inferior stones least of all not over $200.00! Now I ask you..If it was you and this was how you were treated after you trusted a company to represent itself as sending you what they were showing you in the videos and then you received a totally different product, how would that make you feel?? What would you do here??:?::?::?:

Wow. That is shady business right there! I would definitely be upset as well, and your reaction is totally justified. They need to issue a full refund and pay for you to ship it back, or just let you keep it and still give a refund. That's insane that they are posting videos that are not only TWO YEARS OLD, but it's not even the same material! o_O Like you, I most certainly don't have the extra funds to be "chalking it up to experience" and saying oh well. I'd want them to make it right and me not have to come out of pocket a dime for any of it. :naughty:

I am so sorry that you're having the experiences you are with both of these companies! :(2 It makes me nervous to even order loose stones, because I will absolutely be asking for a video. Concerns me that they'll send me some stock video and I'll end up with something totally different. :confused2:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Well that is terrible. I think like we said with Tianyu, you have to push back. I wish I had known you were going to order a Marquise because I would have advised against it...probably not the crushed ice cuts either.

There are certain cuts that look good and others that do not. Pears, marquise and some of the ovals you have to be more careful with. I just don’t think they are there yet. If you want some guaranteed sparkle, stick with the rounds, ACC’s or OEC’s. Once I see my oval, I will have a better idea of those. Mine is G/H so I am curious about the yellow tint and bow tie in my size stone.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How FRUSTRATING.
Thank you, @Taurus2313 for sharing the details of your experience. I've been considering a marquise shape, for myself. Now I know not to be looking at Tianyu for it. Or maybe anyone (thank you, @swaye2010 for your insight, as well.) Sigh. Disappointing, but better than having to go through the returns, I'm sure.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
How FRUSTRATING.
Thank you, @Taurus2313 for sharing the details of your experience. I've been considering a marquise shape, for myself. Now I know not to be looking at Tianyu for it. Or maybe anyone (thank you, @swaye2010 for your insight, as well.) Sigh. Disappointing, but better than having to go through the returns, I'm sure.

This marquise was from Starsgem. I cannot say what one from Tianyu would look like but after having 2 experiences that were not good with the stones from both I will not be taking a chance..:(2 My stone purchases from now on will be with my trusted C&C dealer in the USA.. (Yeah the price might cost a little bit more but I know that if there are any issues there wont be any problems with returns or exchanges with him and I dont have to worry about the quality) I just placed an order for a Forever One GHI Radiant cut with him and it will be replacing the one that I received from Tianyu..

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the stones on the IG page look absolutely nothing like the one you received.

I would ask for a full refund, including the cost of the return shipping, as you have not received what you thought you were buying.

Exactly!!=)2 Its a good thing that this purchase was made in Ebay because I have requested that they pay the shipping to return this terrible stone that they sent me. I will keep the thread updated with the reply that I receive from Cherry. o_OStay tuned!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Forgive me, but I can’t remember. What did you order from Tianyu besides the cross ring? Did you get a dud loose stone from them too?

I got a bad round brilliant from SG too that I returned. Still leery to order from Tianyu after some of the experiences lately. Might bite the bullet and just get them custom cut by Jonathan at August Vintage.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This marquise was from Starsgem. I cannot say what one from Tianyu would look like but after having 2 experiences that were not good with the stones from both I will not be taking a chance..:(2 My stone purchases from now on will be with my trusted C&C dealer in the USA.. (Yeah the price might cost a little bit more but I know that if there are any issues there wont be any problems with returns or exchanges with him and I dont have to worry about the quality) I just placed an order for a Forever One GHI Radiant cut with him and it will be replacing the one that I received from Tianyu..

Sorry! My mistake. Thanks for clarifying it for me.
May I ask who you use in the US? You've probably already said, but I can't keep up!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aw, I’m so sorry @Taurus2313. Lots of disappointment. My Tianyu OEC looks good and I didn’t ask to see it first. I guess I got lucky.

I hope your future purchases with C&C erase some of the disappointment.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Forgive me, but I can’t remember. What did you order from Tianyu besides the cross ring? Did you get a dud loose stone from them too?

I got a bad round brilliant from SG too that I returned. Still leery to order from Tianyu after some of the experiences lately. Might bite the bullet and just get them custom cut by Jonathan at August Vintage.

Yep, pretty much.. Ordered a small DEF colorless Radiant cut to go into a ring that has GH Diamonds and this is what I received.. It is shown here next to the EF Marquise from Starsgem.. Both are same yellow toned color as you can see.. The pic came out a little dark but you get the point. :???:NOT TRUE DEF COLORLESS at all! :(20 for 2 for me!!
P1020756.JPG

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwww, I’m so sorry!!! :cry2: Definitely neither are colorless. Thanks for posting though so others can be informed.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry! My mistake. Thanks for clarifying it for me.
May I ask who you use in the US? You've probably already said, but I can't keep up!

It's Oren Hiller.. He is mentioned on the forums here a bit and he will hand select a stone for you. He is great and I have been using him for years now..No problems at all and he wants happy customers.. (I'm not affiliated!)
https://www.ebay.com/str/moissanitejewelryandmore

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwww, I’m so sorry!!! :cry2: Definitely neither are colorless. Thanks for posting though so others can be informed.

Thanks, I didn't bother contacting Ella at Tianyu about the stone. I just decided to leave it be since what happened with my ring I really didn't want to confront her with this issue as well. I figure they know what they sent me anyway.. Not happy with either company on the stones!!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for posting your experience. I appreciate you taking the time to share, but I'm sorry your experiences have no been positive. I know that due to this post, I'll approach more cautiously

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for posting your experience. I appreciate you taking the time to share, but I'm sorry your experiences have no been positive. I know that due to this post, I'll approach more cautiously

Thanks Molecule!=)2 I appreciate everyone's very kind words and support. Trust me I would have rather not have had things turn out this way, believe me! This not only wastes my time but it also causes unnecessary stress and hassles with returns.. Not good for either the buyer or the seller!:(2 It is unfortunate really because I had other future projects in mind but now I think that I will see if my local jeweler can do those.;)2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
:geek2:Ok guys, I need your advice here please! I just heard back from Cherry in Ebay and this is what she said:
"Hi ******,
we would like to offer you 50% discount for you if you would like to keep it, you can sell it for G/H color if you like. If you really don't like it, could you pls send it back via china post? And pls let me know the shipping cost, thank you! "

:naughty:No, I don't plan on keeping it and selling it for G/H Color which I don't even think it is at this point. Also aren't they supposed to supply a return label for me? I don't think that I am cool with the fact of paying for the shipping label upfront and then waiting for them to reimburse me. I did that one time with someone else (Not on Ebay) and they never paid me back for the return label so I am not keen on that!
(The fact that she even suggesting to me to sell it for G/H color says that she knew that it was not what I ordered (DEF) to begin with!! That says a lot about them..IMO):(2 I just hope that other people are actually getting the color grades that they are paying for!!

Any advice you guys can offer here on how to respond to this would be GREAT!;)2 TIA!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
:geek2:Ok guys, I need your advice here please! I just heard back from Cherry in Ebay and this is what she said:
"Hi ******,
we would like to offer you 50% discount for you if you would like to keep it, you can sell it for G/H color if you like. If you really don't like it, could you pls send it back via china post? And pls let me know the shipping cost, thank you! "

:naughty:No, I don't plan on keeping it and selling it for G/H Color which I don't even think it is at this point. Also aren't they supposed to supply a return label for me? I don't think that I am cool with the fact of paying for the shipping label upfront and then waiting for them to reimburse me. I did that one time with someone else (Not on Ebay) and they never paid me back for the return label so I am not keen on that!
(The fact that she even suggesting to me to sell it for G/H color says that she knew that it was not what I ordered (DEF) to begin with!! That says a lot about them..IMO):(2 I just hope that other people are actually getting the color grades that they are paying for!!

Any advice you guys can offer here on how to respond to this would be GREAT!;)2 TIA!!

From my experience and others that I’ve read, they won’t supply a label. They’ll just give you an address unless the listing specified that they offer free returns. Mine was about $15 to ship back but it wasn’t trackable outside the US and took forever. I think they’ll reimburse you, especially if it’s in writing through eBay messages that they agreed to do so. If they don’t, you can always open a dispute with eBay. If you go the more expensive route and track it, it’ll be about double ($30-$35 I think?)

I agree that it’s ridiculous that they would suggest you sell it as a lower color grade. It looks more yellow than GH anyway to me. At least they’re offering to reimburse the shipping. :confused2: Trying to be positive :mrgreen2:

I’d just tell her you don’t want it and you’ll let her know the charge to ship it back. You might want to get a quote from USPS first and tell SG the cost first, because they don’t understand sometimes how much more expensive things are here. I’d get the approval from her through eBay messages before I pay to ship it on the off chance that they balk and say that’s too high, and then it’s too late. Another user either here or on WB for the wrong size ring. She lives in Canada and they said they’d pay to have it resized locally. She told them it was going to be $70 I think and they freaked. Lol. I mean, that’s like a third of the price of the ring so sometimes they get sticker shock.

And now that this deal with Trump is changing their shipping charges, it could inflate the invoices on their end too.

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Okay, you need to stop dealing with the vendor directly. You have to file an Item Significantly Not as Described. Let Ebay step in here. If they now do this for international purchases (they didn't used to), they will make the Seller send you a label or they will make them refund you the entire cost.
A while back, you had to purchase thru some "global shipping" thing on Ebay to be fully protected. Only sellers who were signed up with that program with ebay qualified (or, their products I should say).
I don't know now if that's still in place or not, so you need to call Ebay to find out your rights here.

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Marquise and pear shapes in moissanite have not come around yet to be very believable, at least IMHO. So for those considering these cuts, esp. from China, think twice.

They are still very dead looking stones and show color very easily. Please, if you are thinking of one of those shapes you need to really do your research on them, from any company. I don't find C&C cuts to look good either. Rounds, ovals, etc., yes, but pear and marquise, no.

I know a pear brilliant was done thru Tianyu recently and it's quite lovely, but be very careful. Just one cut off on a stone and it goes dead.

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Tauras, I'm searching Ebay's help and cannot find anything about that Global Shipping thing, it may be gone now. Your seller does state they take returns within 30 days, buyer to pay return shipping.

If you just had buyer's remorse, you would have to pay the return shipping. But a SNAD (significantly not as described) is different, and you need Ebay to step in now, not later.

hsc9

Rough_Rock
"Hi ******,

Of all the issues I've been reading about Stargems and Tianyu, I honestly find this one the most outrageous. I feel like most of the other issues can be explained away as honest mistakes or "justified" by their super low prices. But they straight up lied to you. We rely on photos and videos to make informed decisions on the stone. I guess now we all have to ask if the video/photo is of the actual stone we're getting?

I would agree with PP that it doesn't really look like a G/H. My moissy is a G/H and I can't detect yellow in it (and I'm pretty color sensitive).

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I would be so frustrated and discouraged.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Of all the issues I've been reading about Stargems and Tianyu, I honestly find this one the most outrageous. I feel like most of the other issues can be explained away as honest mistakes or "justified" by their super low prices. But they straight up lied to you. We rely on photos and videos to make informed decisions on the stone. I guess now we all have to ask if the video/photo is of the actual stone we're getting?

I would agree with PP that it doesn't really look like a G/H. My moissy is a G/H and I can't detect yellow in it (and I'm pretty color sensitive).

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I would be so frustrated and discouraged.

Thank you!:kiss2:
It really is ridiculous!! I mean if she knew that they didn't have any DEF color Marquise Stones then why didn't she let me know this before I paid for one? I mean really? Just for the sake of a sale??!! They totally wasted my time and this is BEYOND:angryfire: frustrating that they would do this to me as a first time purchase/customer! I purchased this stone on September 27th. She then waited to tell me:
Hi ******,
The stock stone of marquise 6x12mm color is not good to EF white color, we need to produce it, it will take 5-7 days for production except our holiday from 1st to 4th Octorber, do you accept it?

..This was right before the week long China Holiday. I then responded with this:
Hi Cherry,

Can it be treated to bring up to EF color? That make take less time, I don’t know, Just asking. I just realized that it is the 28th there. You guys are about to hit the weekend and then everything will be shut down from October 1st through 7th for Chinese Holiday.

How long are we talking about in total time to ship EF Color Stone?

She then replies back with this:
Hi ******,
No, the color we need to remake the new stone, no other ways can do.
we will work today till 30th Sep. and 5th Octorber we will back to work, I think your stone will be ready around 7th Octorber, do you accept it?

We went back and forth (about 24 hours) for maybe some other options like getting a different shaped stone and then I finally told her that I would wait on the stone to be cut. I never heard back from her and contacted her on the 9th of October to see if the stone had been cut and was ready to be shipped out to me.. This is when I asked for the video of the stone before shipment. The rest is what was already posted above so in reality she knew even after I paid for the stone and before it was even shipped it was not EF Color! I assumed that it would be EF Color like I had seen on their instagram page and that was what I was buying. That was what I was going by along with the Ebay listing and the photos posted there.

Why did she send me what she knew was NOT what I had agreed to purchase is BEYOND ME. It is just wrong and now it has done nothing but cause me total frustration and I have to be the one to do all the work to send it back (boxing it back up for shipment, filling out customs forms, etc) When all of this should have been avoided from the get go if she had just been honest with me!! UGH! :wall:what a total unnecessary nightmare!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, you need to stop dealing with the vendor directly. You have to file an Item Significantly Not as Described. Let Ebay step in here. If they now do this for international purchases (they didn't used to), they will make the Seller send you a label or they will make them refund you the entire cost.
A while back, you had to purchase thru some "global shipping" thing on Ebay to be fully protected. Only sellers who were signed up with that program with ebay qualified (or, their products I should say).
I don't know now if that's still in place or not, so you need to call Ebay to find out your rights here.

@SparkleFest When I went into my eBay and I clicked on Return this Item, I selected that it didn't match the description and photos and it took me to a page where I had to email her and that is where I provided my photos that I posted here. There is where we have been talking back and forth but I don't know if this is the same as doing SNAD.. It just tells me at the top:
We'll send you an email when the seller responds to your request. If you have not agreed on a solution or the seller has not responded by Oct 22, 2018, you can ask us to step in and help. If you and your seller need more time to work things out, your request will stay open until Nov 21, 2018.

She did respond with the message that I posted above earlier about sending it back China Post but that is a China Service not a USA one and it is going to cost a lot more that what she is expecting to send it back from the USA..

I don't know what else to do here.. ***Scratches head***

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results