shape
carat
color
clarity

My Stone purchase from Starsgem =(

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
It just dawned on me that China Post is the cheapest option, so they’ve specified that to alleviate a big refund on their end for return shipping. Shady. It also won’t be tracked outside the US, and can take like a month to get to them. Which means you won’t get your refund until they have it in their hands. That’s if it doesn’t get lost. I’d be seriously considering the more expensive option even if I had to eat the extra cost for peace of mind. I figure $15 more on my end is worth not losing over $200 if it never makes it to them. What a nightmare! I’m so sorry!!!

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Taurus, I would call Ebay. I haven't had a SNAD for along time, and they change things/formats constantly on Ebay. Call them, it's the fastest way to get the info you need. I thought you were supposed to be able to ask Ebay to step in at any point. They try to get everyone to work with their Seller, which is fine to a point, but in this case NO, the Seller is completely in the wrong here. I wouldn't waste another minute. But do keep in mind, that international buying situations may be different so have them direct you to the actual written-on-the-site rules.

Ebay ph no: 1-866-540-3229

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Taurus I was trying to whip out the facts quickly on my first posts, so didn't say I'm sorry for your troubles. I see how many folks on Tianyu have had good luck, but all should learn and understand whatever Ebay's rules are as well as Paypal if using them. Paypal's definition of their requirement for proof of delivery for instance, says "online trackable delivery confirmation". USPS/Fed Ex/UPS, whatever carrier you use to ship overseas, if it doesn't put an online declaration of delivery then Paypal would not side with the Buyer. READ those rules. All the Sellers over there have to claim is they never received your package, and you can't prove otherwise. Very slippery slope, and the fact that they lied to you, deceived you this way, tells me that they would claim they never got it back. ( I do know you bought from Starsgem)

I only buy small craft supply type stuff out of China, only things I can afford to lose out entirely on.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marquise and pear shapes in moissanite have not come around yet to be very believable, at least IMHO. So for those considering these cuts, esp. from China, think twice.

They are still very dead looking stones and show color very easily. Please, if you are thinking of one of those shapes you need to really do your research on them, from any company. I don't find C&C cuts to look good either. Rounds, ovals, etc., yes, but pear and marquise, no.

I know a pear brilliant was done thru Tianyu recently and it's quite lovely, but be very careful. Just one cut off on a stone and it goes dead.

Thank you, @SparkleFest for this info. I've been playing around in my head that I'd like a marquise or oval, but wasn't sure what to expect from a marquise because I haven't seen anything, good or bad about the cut. I also think about cushion, but am not sure if I'd like how deep the cut usually is.

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, @SparkleFest for this info. I've been playing around in my head that I'd like a marquise or oval, but wasn't sure what to expect from a marquise because I haven't seen anything, good or bad about the cut. I also think about cushion, but am not sure if I'd like how deep the cut usually is.

I was so expecting to find a lovely pear moissy, and was so disappointed in what's out there. Ovals by C&C are lovely, I have one of the Forever Brilliants. They are very "brilliant' cut, splintery, but sparkle like crazy!

After realizing the pears won't do, I'm going diamond on that. There are the crushed ice ovals too, I wasn't fond of them myself, but I know a lot of ladies like those.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I called my local post office and asked them about shipping to China and they gave me a price of $35.00 to ship something there using Priority Mail International utilizing the small flat rate boxes so it's going to cost a lot to return this stone back to them and I don't think that I should be out the cost of this when they knew that what they were sending me was not the color or quality of that which they were advertising and which I thought that I was buying!!

This is why I was so scared to buy anything from China because in the event something happens and you have to return it this is what the whole ordeal can turn into. How can they get away with doing something like this to a customer?? I was a fool :doh:to order from them. I trusted them because everyone seemed to be having great luck on their orders.. What was supposed to be a positive experience has turned into a total nightmare for me!:cry2:

I wrote Cherry back in the eBay portal saying that it was going to cost $35.00 USD for me to return the stone back to them for a full refund and to either provide me with a return shipping label or send me the $35.00 to pay for the return shipping cost.

I don't feel like I should be out one red cent because of this and what they have done!

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Taurus you absolutely should not be out one red cent. This is their fault, and wrong. I would hope Ebay will back you up - and wish I could advise you further on that, but without knowing the policy now about international..........does the Priority Mail Int'l provide online trackable delivery confirmation?

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Taurus you absolutely should not be out one red cent. This is their fault, and wrong. I would hope Ebay will back you up - and wish I could advise you further on that, but without knowing the policy now about international..........does the Priority Mail Int'l provide online trackable delivery confirmation?

He said that it would provide tracking through the US and once it reached over there probably not but then I asked him if I would at least have proof of delivery and he said that was hard to say because it would depend on the system of tracking and scanning that China uses. But he said that most countries have that capability now and use it so I don't know for sure..

To send it Priority Express Int'l which would give me total tracking all the way to delivery would cost $60.00 USD!!

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Then I would insist thru Ebay that they make them pay. Online Trackable Delivery Confirmation is the only way to prove to Ebay, or Paypal (if you opened a dispute with Paypal I mean), that it arrived. Just knowing that may help you get Ebay to do the right thing..........

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely called eBay and talked to them. I told them what happened and that I had been trying to work things out with the Seller through eBay (she acknowledged that she sent me an inferior product) and I had asked her to send me a return shipping label or either pay to return through our postal system and he said to give her a chance to supply a return shipping label and if she didn't I could escalate it and ask eBay to step in. I think that I have until Monday before I can escalate the case. I also provided her with a screenshot of the cost to send back via USPS at the advice of the eBay rep so we will see what happens. He did acknowledge that I would have to have some sort of tracking to show that it was shipped back to them unless she supplied me with a return shipping label. I told him that I have never had this happen before (have to return an item internationally) so I was doing the best that I knew how to in this situation. I will wait and see what Cherry comes back with.
What a PITA!o_O

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Taurus2313
You definitely shouldn't have to pay anything! I hope ebay backs you in every way.

@SparkleFest
That's good to hear about the C&C ovals. I wish I wasn't so indecisive! But I do want this done for our 30th anniversary next year, so I'm going to make a choice eventually. :)

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
@KaeKae Thanks! I agree and hope that it all works out.. I don't need extra stress in my life!
I also wanted to let you know that I have a 9x7mm Oval from C&C. It is from the classic collection but it is a BEAUTY and I cannot ever see myself parting with it. The sparkle/fire on it is AMAZEBALLS!:roll2: If you would like for me to, I will take a video of it later and post it if it will help!;)2 I purchased it years ago from C&C before they changed the website.

On another note... I heard back from Cherry today and this is what she said and I am not too amused.. It just seems like she is trying to avoid giving me a refund. I don't know why she thinks that I would trust her now after what she has already done! Let me hear your thoughts, ideas, advice please!!:pray: I need it!

Her reply:
Hi ******,
My boss find a good quality piece of white moissanie rough, and we will make another good quality marquise 6x12mm white moissanite for you, it will take 4-5 days for production. The old one marquise in your hand now we don't require for return, you can keep for it to compare with the new one we are making. is it ok?

I don't care about keeping a totally dead yellow toned stone and I certainly have already told her 2 times now that I need to return it for a refund so what gives??

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
@SparkleFest When I went into my eBay and I clicked on Return this Item, I selected that it didn't match the description and photos and it took me to a page where I had to email her and that is where I provided my photos that I posted here. There is where we have been talking back and forth but I don't know if this is the same as doing SNAD.. It just tells me at the top:
We'll send you an email when the seller responds to your request. If you have not agreed on a solution or the seller has not responded by Oct 22, 2018, you can ask us to step in and help. If you and your seller need more time to work things out, your request will stay open until Nov 21, 2018.

She did respond with the message that I posted above earlier about sending it back China Post but that is a China Service not a USA one and it is going to cost a lot more that what she is expecting to send it back from the USA..

I don't know what else to do here.. ***Scratches head***

If I’m not wrong, China is not included in GSP as I only ever see GSP from US sellers on eBay. The GSP is probably a program to encourage US sellers to ship globally since typically a lot of sellers only ship US-only. However, you can and should open a SNAD case and ask to escalate it. In that case, when you send it with tracking, eBay/PayPal will ensure you receive refund for item and shipping. I am not sure about the cost of return shipping. In Singapore, there is a program that refunds you up to about $15 for the return.

Try calling eBay or PayPal, they should be able to guide you. I have called them about a few disputes over the years.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
@peacechick Thanks! ;)2I did call ebay and posted that info above..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
@KaeKae Thanks! I agree and hope that it all works out.. I don't need extra stress in my life!
I also wanted to let you know that I have a 9x7mm Oval from C&C. It is from the classic collection but it is a BEAUTY and I cannot ever see myself parting with it. The sparkle/fire on it is AMAZEBALLS!:roll2: If you would like for me to, I will take a video of it later and post it if it will help!;)2 I purchased it years ago from C&C before they changed the website.

On another note... I heard back from Cherry today and this is what she said and I am not too amused.. It just seems like she is trying to avoid giving me a refund. I don't know why she thinks that I would trust her now after what she has already done! Let me hear your thoughts, ideas, advice please!!:pray: I need it!

Her reply:
Hi ******,
My boss find a good quality piece of white moissanie rough, and we will make another good quality marquise 6x12mm white moissanite for you, it will take 4-5 days for production. The old one marquise in your hand now we don't require for return, you can keep for it to compare with the new one we are making. is it ok?

I don't care about keeping a totally dead yellow toned stone and I certainly have already told her 2 times now that I need to return it for a refund so what gives??

If they’re offering to ship you a new stone and keep them both, I’d do it! After videos of the new one of course. If they cut the new one, you get the videos, and it’s still awful, just ship the one you have back and be done with it. At this point, I truly think they’re just doing whatever they can to make you happy.

Personally, my curiosity would get the best of me and I’d want to see the new stone and what they’re capable of. Just my .02! ;)2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
If they’re offering to ship you a new stone and keep them both, I’d do it! After videos of the new one of course. If they cut the new one, you get the videos, and it’s still awful, just ship the one you have back and be done with it. At this point, I truly think they’re just doing whatever they can to make you happy.

Personally, my curiosity would get the best of me and I’d want to see the new stone and what they’re capable of. Just my .02! ;)2

That may be true but after what she did I have no trust in her at all.o_O This was my very first order from SG and she "knowingly and admittedly" sent me a stone that she new was 'NOT' DEF colorless and let alone one that has no fire/sparkle whatsoever. Even before shipping I mentioned to her many times how important it was for me to receive a stone that was colorless. It is a sad and unfortunate situation and I wish that it had not turned out this way but it did and I do have severe trust issues with them now because of it.:(2 It's not fun to get burned!:cry: I don't see me EVER ordering from China/Overseas again after this..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
That may be true but after what she did I have no trust in her at all.o_O This was my very first order from SG and she "knowingly and admittedly" sent me a stone that she new was 'NOT' DEF colorless and let alone one that has no fire/sparkle whatsoever. Even before shipping I mentioned to her many times how important it was for me to receive a stone that was colorless. It is a sad and unfortunate situation and I wish that it had not turned out this way but it did and I do have severe trust issues with them now because of it.:(2 It's not fun to get burned!:cry: I don't see me EVER ordering from China/Overseas again after this..

I don’t blame you one bit! But if I could get what I truly wanted and *thought* I was getting the first time, without having to ship anything back, I’d totally do it. It would be less hassle and everyone would be happy AS LONG AS IT’S RIGHT THIS TIME. :confused2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Well I thought about it quite a bit and I just decided to tell Cherry that I was afraid that was not going to work for me. Trust has been broken. The way that I see it is that if she could all of a sudden "find a good quality piece of white moissanite rough" she should have sent me the best white quality Moissanite Marquise stone to begin with as that is what I paid for and thought that I was purchasing and all of this could have been avoided. She did not do that. Instead she sent me a very low grade color and quality stone. Also if the cutting was so bad on this Moissanite Marquise stone (Dead=No Fire) I don't want to risk getting another one.

:(2I know there may be some that don't agree with this decision but I have to do what I feel is best for me in this situation.. I can only hope that you guys understand and pray that no one else has to go through something like this. I think that if you are ordering anything lower grade color than DEF you will be okay but this just didn't work out for me and as sad as that makes me it sure has been a learning experience. I will keep everyone posted on what happens next. Thanks for all your kind words and advice!:kiss2: It is VERY appreciated..

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
@KaeKae Here are a few of my C&C Moissanites.. I have about 14 total (Not all C&C though)..
The one on my ring finger is Forever One DEF 8mm RB, above that is a Forever One GHI H&A 9mm,
On the middle finger is the Forever Classic Oval 9x7mm with 4.5mm Square Brilliants and above that is the Cushion Cut 8mm. They all face up pretty white depending on the lighting regardless of the different color grades..
20181020_132101_HDR.jpg

Here is a video to show the sparkle and fire..It is way more intense than it is showing here, I promise you..;)2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I have a question.. I am sending the stone back to Cherry for a full refund but the address that is in the eBay resolution center is in Chinese of course and I had to take it and run it through a Google Translator to figure out what it said. I also asked Cherry for a return shipping address and the one that she gave me is slightly different from the one within eBay. Should I ship it to the one listed in Ebay or the one that Cherry says to ship to?

I don't want to risk losing my refund if I do something wrong that eBay doesn't agree with on the return.. Need advice on this please and thanks in advance..=)2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I have a question.. I am sending the stone back to Cherry for a full refund but the address that is in the eBay resolution center is in Chinese of course and I had to take it and run it through a Google Translator to figure out what it said. I also asked Cherry for a return shipping address and the one that she gave me is slightly different from the one within eBay. Should I ship it to the one listed in Ebay or the one that Cherry says to ship to?

I don't want to risk losing my refund if I do something wrong that eBay doesn't agree with on the return.. Need advice on this please and thanks in advance..=)2

Send it to the one she gives you. I did, and it got there just fine :mrgreen2: I also had to ask for it because, uh, it’s in CHINESE! Lol!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Send it to the one she gives you. I did, and it got there just fine :mrgreen2: I also had to ask for it because, uh, it’s in CHINESE! Lol!

Thanks hun!=)2 I did ask Cherry about it and she said that it is the same but translation from Chinese to English is different. However there were just a few differences in the addresses and I don't want eBay to say, you must ship it to the address that we provide in order to be covered.. Did you do yours through the eBay resolution center?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks hun!=)2 I did ask Cherry about it and she said that it is the same but translation from Chinese to English is different. However there were just a few differences in the addresses and I don't want eBay to say, you must ship it to the address that we provide in order to be covered.. Did you do yours through the eBay resolution center?

No, I didn’t need it to get to that point luckily. If you have proof that you sent it to the exact address she specified, I’d think it would be fine. Just make sure all communication is done through eBay messenger. ;)2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
No, I didn’t need it to get to that point luckily. If you have proof that you sent it to the exact address she specified, I’d think it would be fine. Just make sure all communication is done through eBay messenger. ;)2

:eek-2:OOPS! I have been talking to her via private email about the address situation..:oops:Should I call eBay and ask them which one I send it to?? If I tell them that she specifically gave me an address to ship to I guess that would be okay to tell them?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
:eek-2:OOPS! I have been talking to her via private email about the address situation..:oops:Should I call eBay and ask them which one I send it to?? If I tell them that she specifically gave me an address to ship to I guess that would be okay to tell them?

You can if you want to make sure all your bases are covered, but I seriously wouldn’t stress about it. That’s just me though! If they need proof of anything, you could just forward them your emails. =)2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2:Thanks so much for your input! That's true..=)2 I appreciate your honesty as always;)2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Just got home today and had a piece of mail from UPS. I opened it up and it is a BILL from them for my stone from Starsgem!! :-oI thought that there were NO IMPORT fees coming into the USA?? Why would I have a BILL:angryfire: from UPS for $12.28??? Anyone know?? I didn't expect to have any more extra charges involved with this purchase and I surely didn't have any when I received my ring and stone from Tianyu!

20181027_215238_HDR.jpg
I cant believe this....:(2 Why should I be out more money on this purchase?? I just mailed it back to Cherry today..

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got home today and had a piece of mail from UPS. I opened it up and it is a BILL from them for my stone from Starsgem!! :-oI thought that there were NO IMPORT fees coming into the USA?? Why would I have a BILL:angryfire: from UPS for $12.28??? Anyone know?? I didn't expect to have any more extra charges involved with this purchase and I surely didn't have any when I received my ring and stone from Tianyu!

20181027_215238_HDR.jpg
I cant believe this....:(2 Why should I be out more money on this purchase?? I just mailed it back to Cherry today..

That's weird. I didn't get any import bills from Tianyu. I wouldn't be willing to pay the fee if I were returning.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium

20181027_215238_HDR.jpg
She may not know, I would call UPS about this. $11 of that is UPS' fee to pay the $1.28 on your behalf. And did UPS deliver this package? I haven't ordered from SG, but everything I've gotten from Tianyu has shipped DHL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results