shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Star Rose Quartz Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl, that ring is such a beauty! I love the rose quartz and the simple, elegant setting. It''s gorgeous!
36.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
It''s simplicity at its best! Stunning!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The high karat gold really complements the colour and the simplicity is perfect for a star cabochon of that size.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I really love everything about this ring :)

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
That rose quartz looks so good in that setting. Very nicely done.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is a stone and ring after my own heart! well done! congrats!

mz

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so pretty Fly Girl!!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Amguy, szh07, Gailey, kribbie, ma re, AdiS, simplysplendid, Chrono, stepcutnut, Kismet, movie zombie, and brandy z28! You guys are all so great.

I was out and about today, and dropped by two of my favorite high end jewelers, and the star rose quartz received immediate attention.
9.gif
Generally, these places are all so cool, and say nothing about the jewelry I''m wearing. The stone really is stunning in the setting, but more likely, they couldn''t immediately place it. ("Is that a tourmaline?") One lady who has worked with colored stones for decades said she has never seen a star rose quartz. You can tell that I was having fun.
2.gif

Yesterday was a hot summer day here, it was late in the day, so I had reddish-orange sunlight filtering through my pink and orange daylilies. I love these beautiful flowers.

BTW, here is the original vendor picture of this stone. I''m so glad I decided to take a chance and order it. It was a pleasant surprise to see how pretty the stone was in person.

q-6203g_1512_general1.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Love it! I''m so loving the cabochons right now!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great ring! What''s up with all these wonderful cabs lately? Just makes me want a bunch of them!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
simple,elegant.....everything done just right!enjoy it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you mochi, packrat, and jewelerman.

I was sitting out on my deck yesterday morning. It was sunrise, the sky was blue, the waves were lapping at the shore, and I was enjoying a cup of coffee.

View7290.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I looked down to see the scene reflected in my new ring.

StarRoseQuartz7275.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here I am taking a picture of the scene in my ring.

StarRoseQuartz7276.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gotta love that fine silver mirror behind the stone. Last one here with the sun peeking through the trees, making a star in the rose quartz.

RoseStarSunrise7295a.JPG

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
What a great, great ring!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, to be honest, I''ve never been a huge fan of cabochons, but I really, really like the rose and yellow gold combo - it''s very feminine without being frilly and girly. After seeing your ring, I''ve made up my mind to set my pink tourmaline in yellow gold too. And gosh, can I come over and hang out with you on your deck? It looks fabulous and relaxing! You''ve got a vacation in your backyard everyday.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks glitterata. I love your eye for jewelry and appreciate the comment.
1.gif

cellentani - Come on over and bring your pretties. Yes, the three months of summer here make up for the 9 long months of winter. At least, it feels like it lasts that long.
2.gif
I'm not a girly girl either, so I don't wear a lot of pink. But, I'll make an exception for this ring.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-that last batch of pictures are cool and so pretty!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 11:24:29 PM
Author: packrat
Wow-that last batch of pictures are cool and so pretty!
Thanks, packrat!
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning--I love it!

cheers--Sharon

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is really beautiful--I love the color with the 22k. Wonderful ring!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring, and what a great idea with that closed setting. Thanks for all of the pictures, I love the eye candy!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Pure Perfection!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 10:55:06 PM
Author: Fly Girl
So pretty.
Boy I''ll say.
30.gif

I''m just now seeing this, and I love it. So simple, so beautiful. Perfect!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2009 7:05:25 PM
Author: Ellen

So pretty.
Boy I''ll say.
30.gif

If ever there was an example of how less is more this ring has to be it. It''s right up there with your aqua Ellen as being one my PS favourites.

FG - fabulous view (I''ve got one like that too!). I will never tire of looking at the water and I hate the winter when it''s just a flat expanse of white. Don''t you just love it when it''s first thing in the morning and quiet.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new pictures. I especially love the reflections the cabochon show. I’ve had to be careful when photographing mine because I once captured a picture of myself reflected in it.
23.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2009 7:15:43 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 8/16/2009 7:05:25 PM
Author: Ellen

So pretty.
Boy I''ll say.
30.gif

If ever there was an example of how less is more this ring has to be it. It''s right up there with your aqua Ellen as being one my PS favourites.

FG - fabulous view (I''ve got one like that too!). I will never tire of looking at the water and I hate the winter when it''s just a flat expanse of white. Don''t you just love it when it''s first thing in the morning and quiet.
Absolutely!

And thank you mam!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you canuk-gal, coatiimundi, mariedtiger, Upgradable, and Ellen. Gailey, I''m so flattered to have you say this ring is up there with Ellen''s gorgeous aqua. High praise, indeed!

Chrono - Aren''t reflections in cabs so fun? I had to laugh at the one where my face is replaced by the camera body. It worked out perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results