shape
carat
color
clarity

My sapphire search

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. I just received a video of a cushion from the rare gemstone company. If I remember correctly, I thought I had seen you mention a purchase from them. How was your experience with them?

So, The Rare Gemstone Company may be my very favorite dealer to buy from. I wish they had every stone I was after. Are you working with Antony? Never any BS with him... he's straightforward, honest, and not at all pushy. I also love that almost all, if not all, of their stones are precision cut. I've purchased several gems from them, and they've always exceeded my expectations. One stone I did return (exchanged for something else), and it was a totally smooth process. The really cool part is that they fully document the rough from the mine to you. You'll receive a certification with photos of the rough, the day it was mined, the exact longitude and latitude of its birthplace (lol), its starting weight, etc. In short, I love this company!! I can't sing its praises enough, truly. Anyway! How are you liking the stone in the vid? :)

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
So, The Rare Gemstone Company may be my very favorite dealer to buy from. I wish they had every stone I was after. Are you working with Antony? Never any BS with him... he's straightforward, honest, and not at all pushy. I also love that almost all, if not all, of their stones are precision cut. I've purchased several gems from them, and they've always exceeded my expectations. One stone I did return (exchanged for something else), and it was a totally smooth process. The really cool part is that they fully document the rough from the mine to you. You'll receive a certification with photos of the rough, the day it was mined, the exact longitude and latitude of its birthplace (lol), its starting weight, etc. In short, I love this company!! I can't sing its praises enough, truly. Anyway! How are you liking the stone in the vid? :)

Thank you! This is great to hear. I am working with Antony! I asked him for hand shots in different lighting conditions. It looks incredible in the videos. Exactly like the website photos. Extremely vivid and diamond like. Im considering the 1.40 ct yellow cushion. I’m just having a tough time judging the cut quality. I’m finding yellows to be very difficult to judge from photos and videos. The color is incredible and the size fits the parameters of what I was planning on. That being said I’m still considering going larger. I did just ask if they have inventory beyond their website or can source something similar but a bit larger. They have a few larger cushions but I’m not liking the cuts on them.

Thank you! This is great to hear. I am working with Antony! I asked him for hand shots in different lighting conditions. It looks incredible in the videos. Exactly like the website photos. Extremely vivid and diamond like. Im considering the 1.40 ct yellow cushion. I’m just having a tough time judging the cut quality. I’m finding yellows to be very difficult to judge from photos and videos. The color is incredible and the size fits the parameters of what I was planning on. That being said I’m still considering going larger. I did just ask if they have inventory beyond their website or can source something similar but a bit larger. They have a few larger cushions but I’m not liking the cuts on them.

Well this sounds like a promising lead! You may be in the home stretch of your hunt.
1074.gif
I think with these lighter toned gems, it is more difficult to judge cut in photos/videos. They have so much brilliance, you know? But this company is very much geared towards high-quality cuts, so if it looks good, and Antony gives you a thumbs up, I would trust it (and, of course, you can always return it). As for size, again, I wouldn't settle. If this one is a might too small for your project, keep digging. She's out there! I'm crossing my fingers for you that Antony will come up with The One!
nod.gif

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Update!!!! I took some time to reset and think about the whole picture of what I wanted for this special piece. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the smaller cushion from the rare gemstone company. It felt special to me. I love that it’s an untreated and unheated stone, that its slightly enlongated, and I think it’s going to have very good performance. I really loved the stone from Adamant as well but I was just to nervous about the logistics of a return if it didn’t meet my expectations. The easy return guarantee that the rare gemstone company offers makes me feel confident enough to purchase. They were fantastic at providing videos (although yellow sapphires are so hard to capture) and answered all of my questions. I’m super excited to receive the stone and fingers crossed it meets my expectations.

Update!!!! I took some time to reset and think about the whole picture of what I wanted for this special piece. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the smaller cushion from the rare gemstone company. It felt special to me. I love that it’s an untreated and unheated stone, that its slightly enlongated, and I think it’s going to have very good performance. I really loved the stone from Adamant as well but I was just to nervous about the logistics of a return if it didn’t meet my expectations. The easy return guarantee that the rare gemstone company offers makes me feel confident enough to purchase. They were fantastic at providing videos (although yellow sapphires are so hard to capture) and answered all of my questions. I’m super excited to receive the stone and fingers crossed it meets my expectations.

Yippee! Oh I'm so hoping it speaks to you in person and is exactly what your heart has been in search of!! I also forgot to mention, though I'm sure you know by now, The Rare Gemstone Company inscribes all of their stones and registers them to you. I think that's pretty cool. Wait until you see the cool box they send it in with a proper wax seal and lock and key. It's quite the production (to get it out of Kenya safely). I'll be crossing my fingers and all 10 toes for you!!
trampo.gif

Double E

Brilliant_Rock

Hope you’ve found the stone for you^^ And thanks for sharing your experience with the Rare gemstone co.!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Yippee! Oh I'm so hoping it speaks to you in person and is exactly what your heart has been in search of!! I also forgot to mention, though I'm sure you know by now, The Rare Gemstone Company inscribes all of their stones and registers them to you. I think that's pretty cool. Wait until you see the cool box they send it in with a proper wax seal and lock and key. It's quite the production (to get it out of Kenya safely). I'll be crossing my fingers and all 10 toes for you!!
trampo.gif

Thank you! I have a really good feeling about it. I keep watching the videos over and over again. I knew that they were inscribed but I didn’t know about it being registered to me! That is so cool. Omg I’m beyond excited!

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the smaller cushion from the rare gemstone company. It felt special to me. I love that it’s an untreated and unheated stone, that its slightly enlongated, and I think it’s going to have very good performance. I really loved the stone from Adamant as well but I was just to nervous about the logistics of a return if it didn’t meet my expectations. The easy return guarantee that the rare gemstone company offers makes me feel confident enough to purchase. They were fantastic at providing videos (although yellow sapphires are so hard to capture) and answered all of my questions. I’m super excited to receive the stone and fingers crossed it meets my expectations.

Come on lil guy! We're all rootin for ya!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I have a really good feeling about it. I keep watching the videos over and over again. I knew that they were inscribed but I didn’t know about it being registered to me! That is so cool. Omg I’m beyond excited!

Yay! Yes, your stone is registered and stored in your account on their database so you can review all the details anytime! As @Autumn in New England said, that box is pretty unusual. Hope you will enjoy your new sapphire!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
@Mjay I'm afraid to ask (but hopeful)... how did we do?
1237358xtyl3xv8g9.gif

Well….. I’m not sure yet! It took about a week to ship out and then it got stuck in France for a few days. It was in France as of last night and this morning I woke up and it was at my local FedEx location! It doesn’t say out for delivery yet but I’m optimistic that it is arriving today. I am totally freaking out! I fell in love with it in the videos so I’m praying that it is a winner. I’m also preparing myself that I need to be strong and not feel guilty about returning it if it’s not the one. I’m hoping to provide a positive update later on today!

Well….. I’m not sure yet! It took about a week to ship out and then it got stuck in France for a few days. It was in France as of last night and this morning I woke up and it was at my local FedEx location! It doesn’t say out for delivery yet but I’m optimistic that it is arriving today. I am totally freaking out! I fell in love with it in the videos so I’m praying that it is a winner. I’m also preparing myself that I need to be strong and not feel guilty about returning it if it’s not the one. I’m hoping to provide a positive update later on today!

How exciting! I'll be crossing my fingers and all 10 toes that this is THE one. But please never, ever feel guilty about returning a purchase like this. No photo or video can ever truly convey a gem accurately... and color is so nuanced. Then you also have to consider the size, clarity, and cut in person. So, essentially, we're sending big bucks to strangers for items we haven't had the benefit of actually viewing. And purchasing gems is very personal. Any vendor worth his salt understands this.

I should also mention that I once returned a $$$ spinel to Antony, and he was most gracious about it. Just make sure you keep the metal tag that will be attached (you'll need to cut it off to open the box). It will be required to prove this is the same package that was sent out of Kenya, if you decide to return it. They have really strict customs polices (because of smuggling and theft), so if you lose that tag, the return will require much more time and paperwork to process. Good luck!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Quick update: it just arrived!!!! I opened it quickly and had to put it away to care for my kids and cook dinner lol. Currently cooking and I’ll update after I put my youngest down. 3F94C67E-BDD9-4A42-8E22-29A0BA5982A0.jpeg

Quick update: it just arrived!!!! I opened it quickly and had to put it away to care for my kids and cook dinner lol. Currently cooking and I’ll update after I put my youngest down. 3F94C67E-BDD9-4A42-8E22-29A0BA5982A0.jpeg

Oh my goodness... it looks like a little cushion sun sitting in your palm. The cut is crazy! And that color!! I'm so hoping you love it (but you need to be sure). Can't wait to hear your review...
1899448obhhwxi0xs.gif

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
351DB90E-CA9B-404F-829D-ABFAA88975DD.jpeg

Attachments

• A4033EFF-16D2-48F7-B6EE-7C896D754E19.jpeg
    A4033EFF-16D2-48F7-B6EE-7C896D754E19.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 79
  • FFF450AF-9DBC-4B16-9620-44B550094F46.jpeg
    FFF450AF-9DBC-4B16-9620-44B550094F46.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 49D54984-E800-417F-B628-B833EECDF841.jpeg
    49D54984-E800-417F-B628-B833EECDF841.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 76

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
DE42B077-638B-4C50-AE29-5BDA6A9EB6ED.jpeg

Attachments

• FD5FA552-7906-4C34-A9B9-8D7DFB0F75A0.jpeg
    FD5FA552-7906-4C34-A9B9-8D7DFB0F75A0.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 749C63EA-3BD5-4E8D-A2C6-9A401869B97F.jpeg
    749C63EA-3BD5-4E8D-A2C6-9A401869B97F.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 75
  • BE55A239-BBD0-473C-879E-FF211F590F0A.jpeg
    BE55A239-BBD0-473C-879E-FF211F590F0A.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 716E2B35-974C-42DE-BB99-12F27989343E.jpeg
    716E2B35-974C-42DE-BB99-12F27989343E.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 1E9FB165-C5A8-441E-BD4B-6DB74D57D6F3.jpeg
    1E9FB165-C5A8-441E-BD4B-6DB74D57D6F3.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 76

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so my youngest is in bed and my husband dropped our entire platter of dinner on the ground so he’s currently out picking up burgers so I got to play a bit more!!!! I posted pics of the box it came in and of the in house cert and geographical origin paperwork so that those interested in purchasing from them can see. Ugh husband is home- to be continued

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stone #1 from Gemfix. I REALY like this one. It feels overpriced to me for a heated stone. $2495 1.72ct. Would love to know everyones thoughts on it. I have actually seen a few members consider this stone and pass on it. Someone posed about it in 2016. Im wondering why it hasn't sold? I was hoping to view it in person. I'm a bit annoyed that they don't provide additional videos and photos because I feel like the video of this stone is terrible. Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 10.44.44 AM.png

I bought a 1.8 carat Mali garnet a similar color, it was $10. Not as durable as sapphire, but very sparkly.

Ok so my youngest is in bed and my husband dropped our entire platter of dinner on the ground so he’s currently out picking up burgers so I got to play a bit more!!!! I posted pics of the box it came in and of the in house cert and geographical origin paperwork so that those interested in purchasing from them can see. Ugh husband is home- to be continued

Aww poor guy!
police_fight.gif

One last thing... lol... that rough crystal info they include still gets me giddy. It's like adopting a gem-baby. :lol-2:

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
So I am absolutely thrilled with the stone. It was definitely a bit different than what I was expecting but in a good way. Opening it was so exciting. I loved the packaging. They truly do a great job at making it feel special. The stone definitely has a major wow factor in person that is impossible to capture in photos. The color is so incredibly deep and vivid. It’s almost neon. I half expected it to glow in the dark! It’s very diamond like imo. The only semi negative thing that I have to say is that I do notice a slight greenish tone in certain lighting but I did expect that and it was clearly described as such by lapigems. It isn’t a big deal but just something that I should probably consider when choosing a metal. Size wise it is small but it is truly perfect for the piece. It will be surrounded by a halo of diamonds and then diamond baguettes in a petite ring for my size 5 finger. I’m going to play a bit more tomorrow but I’m thrilled and 99.99% sure I’ll send off to the designer within a week or two! Or GIA if I decide to cert.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, that looks familiar! :dance:

And you have yellow nails! :mrgreen2: I'm going out on a limb - I am positively in LOVE with this stone. The cut (it's blinding!)... the color (it's radiating!). Of course, my opinion means zero. You have to lurrrve him!!

Haha I may have planned those yellow nails! I’ve been on a yellow kick lately. Omg it’s soooo amazing! I’m very very excited! I definitely appreciate your opinion! I’m a ridiculously indecisive person so the reassurance means the world to me.

Lol go away husband. Let @Mjay play some more.

P.S. I can totally relate to this. That's why half of my pics have been taken under crappy lighting cuz I'm either hiding in a bathroom or in our bedroom lol.

So I am absolutely thrilled with the stone. It was definitely a bit different than what I was expecting but in a good way. Opening it was so exciting. I loved the packaging. They truly do a great job at making it feel special. The stone definitely has a major wow factor in person that is impossible to capture in photos. The color is so incredibly deep and vivid. It’s almost neon. I half expected it to glow in the dark! It’s very diamond like imo. The only semi negative thing that I have to say is that I do notice a slight greenish tone in certain lighting but I did expect that and it was clearly described as such by lapigems. It isn’t a big deal but just something that I should probably consider when choosing a metal. Size wise it is small but it is truly perfect for the piece. It will be surrounded by a halo of diamonds and then diamond baguettes in a petite ring for my size 5 finger. I’m going to play a bit more tomorrow but I’m thrilled and 99.99% sure I’ll send off to the designer within a week or two! Or GIA if I decide to cert.

Congratulations! It sounds like you've found your dream stone!

Oh I'm so elated for you! It is indeed the closest thing to a neon yellow sapphire I've ever seen. Not one bad photo out of the bunch, which tells me it must be remarkably brilliant and vibrant in person. Sit with it a while, and explore it in different lightings, etc. just to be 100%. But it sounds (and looks) like a winner. This is for the ballerina ring, correct? :geek2: Congrats again!!

P.S. I've purchased 4 stones from Antony, and they all tested (by either GIA or AGL) precisely as described. I just wish he carried more varieties of gems!! But they try to buy directly from the mines in Kenya and neighboring African countries.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results