shape
carat
color
clarity

My Precioussssssssssssssssssss

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several months ago I had a wonderful conversation with Brian Gavin about creating a new setting for my AVC. Shortly after that one of my cats became very ill requiring emergency surgery and had many setbacks on the way to regaining his health.

At the same time DH and I were already committed to buying new living and dining room furniture and doing some renos and minor repairs to the house. That project finally started on Feb. 15 nearly a year after I started working with an interior designer. Between the cat and the house, poof went the money for the setting.

Not included in the current project is reno of DH’s bathroom which was to occur next year. I’ve been nagging him about redoing that shambles of a room for 5 years. (The relevance will shortly become apparent.)

I’ve said a few times in different threads here over the past 2 years that I was done buying jewelry and had given away all but my most treasured pieces.

On Feb. 5 while browsing PS I showed DH a member’s ring that I love -- major drools, palpitations, and fantasy of owning something similar.

The evening of Feb. 11 after 2 years of not perusing Preloved, something compelled me to look. And there she was. I had no intention of asking DH if I could buy the ring considering how much money we’ve spent and are spending on the cat and the house.

DH came home from work around 8:15 p.m. and for information purposes to his query about how my day went I said, “Remember that ring I showed you? It’s for sale and it’s a really good deal, too bad the timing is bad.” He said “buy it.” I said “Whaaat?” He said “buy it” and I fired off an email to the seller hoping it was still available. That was the best 90 second discussion I’ve had in a while.

It is important to me to preserve the symbolism of the ring and its association with someone I admire.

She will retain her title of Boadicea the Valiant as mrs-b and I are both survivors albeit in different ways. However, in homage to her former owner, her public persona is rechristened as MrsB in recognition of what an awesome human mrs-b is and in recognition of the grace with which she faced huge challenges.

DH told me there was one condition attached to the purchase and that is that I couldn’t nag him about remodeling his bathroom for a year. He is terrified that he’ll have to share a bathroom with me when his is redone. I have hygiene standards and he has none. He’d rather spend a chunk of change on a ring just to delay having to share a bathroom with me for 4 weeks.

Unfortunately due to snowpocalypse, MrsB won't get here until early next week. In the event there's anyone here who doesn't know her origin story, you can read it here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/boadicea-the-valiant.257501/#post-4761014

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
DH told me there was one condition attached to the purchase and that is that I couldn’t nag him about remodeling his bathroom for a year. He is terrified that he’ll have to share a bathroom with me when his is redone. I have hygiene standards and he has none. He’d rather spend a chunk of change on a ring just to delay having to share a bathroom with me for 4 weeks.

That made me laugh so, so hard! Congratulations on snagging Boadicea. I hope your kitty is doing better.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That made me laugh so, so hard! Congratulations on snagging Boadicea. I hope your kitty is doing better.

Awww, thank you for that. He hasn't had an episode for 3 weeks which is a record so I'm hopeful we can curtail the frequency of episodes.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blop blop blop... “MrsB” is a fine name for your bodaciously valiant new (to you) ring! What a big, bold, beautiful, beauty! Three thousand more pictures when you get her. And may you wear her in good health!!

So happy Boadicea went to your home. May she bring you years of joy and good fortune. Glad to hear your kitty is doing better lately btw. Fingers crossed she's on a speedy road to recovery!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news. I was hoping we would get to see her again! She’s gorgeous!!!
Looking forward to many pics!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This post was as gripping to me as one of the best ever novels! I actually had to force myself to slow down, read it all & not let my eyes skim ahead!

And then when I got down, I saw the magic word Boadicea.......... :kiss2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And then when I got down, I saw the magic word Boadicea

Aha, so I succeeded in keeping it suspenseful. I really wanted to convey the serendipity with which this all occurred. The ease with which DH said "buy it" shocked me and I walked around in a daze for days. I actually went into a stupor in the produce section of the grocery store the next day replaying the conversation with DH and looking for hidden traps I may have missed, lol. I stood there so long a store employee asked me if I was feeling ok :lol:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aha, so I succeeded in keeping it suspenseful. I really wanted to convey the serendipity with which this all occurred. The ease with which DH said "buy it" shocked me and I walked around in a daze for days. I actually went into a stupor in the produce section of the grocery store the next day replaying the conversation with DH and looking for hidden traps I may have missed, lol. I stood there so long a store employee asked me if I was feeling ok :lol:

:lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news for one of the iconic pieces on PS to stay within PS!

DK :appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This requires a full out happy dance!

311B680B-1FA7-456D-8656-1C293F9F2FE1.gif

Congrats on Boadicea the Valiant (aka: MrsB). It’s an absolutely stunning ring and I have no doubt it’s going to look amazing on you. I can’t wait for your hand pics!! :kiss2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loved reading your story. I can't wait to see pictures of her on your finger!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait for your hand pics!!

I've been practicing using the healing tool in photoshop so I can erase some of my finger wrinkles because my hands are not as smooth and pretty as mrs-b's.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been practicing using the healing tool in photoshop so I can erase some of my finger wrinkles because my hands are not as smooth and pretty as mrs-b's.

No offense but who will be able to see your hands past the valiant MrsB? :lol:
Seriously though, your hands are gorgeous! They are a living record of all your achievements and your mistakes. They are a beautiful work of art.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so excited for you @Matata! It’s a gorgeous ring! I can’t wait for hand shots!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Yay congratulations. It's such a beautiful ring.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the best, funniest, most heartwarming post ever! It was like reading a novel with highs, lows, and an awesome plot twist towards the end. I am so, so happy you got her! And of course I can't wait for pics. Bless your dear hubby and his nonchalance towards hygiene :lol-2: Congratulations!

And best wishes to your kitty, I hope he is well and truly on the mend.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the best, funniest, most heartwarming post ever! It was like reading a novel with highs, lows, and an awesome plot twist towards the end. I am so, so happy you got her! And of course I can't wait for pics. Bless your dear hubby and his nonchalance towards hygiene :lol-2: Congratulations!

And best wishes to your kitty, I hope he is well and truly on the mend.

+ a billion

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata -

I have had one hell of a day. Just unspeakably difficult.

But it's ended so much better than it started! @Matata, I truly cannot imagine a better person to have Boadicea the Valiant than you! When I saw you were adding on to her name with a MrsB addition - I gasped...then cried. I truly cannot conceive having something so beautiful attached to me: it's one thing to own it - it's another thing entirely to BE it.

I love that I'm *an old broad and you're a mature life-goddess sex-pot (clearly!)* who both know what it is to fight - for our principles, for our place in the world, for those things and people we love and cherish. Consequently, MrsBoadicea goes staight from my heart to yours.

Perhaps my job was to create her, while yours is to wear and love her and to relish the joy she brings. There's just too much fate in this story not to think she's actually going home....

Just as soon as she gets out of Fedex.

<3

*Edit. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
What a fantastic story! I feel silly admitting I got chills when I read “Boadicea the Valiant,” but if any ring could be legendary, this one would easily qualify.
I hope your days of giddy anticipation are short ❤️

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b,

First, I'm so so sorry you had a difficult day and I hope whatever caused it to be so hasn't inflicted permanent trauma.

Second, your post made me cry.

Third, who you callin' an old broad....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b,

First, I'm so so sorry you had a difficult day and I hope whatever caused it to be so hasn't inflicted permanent trauma.

Second, your post made me cry.

Third, who you callin' an old broad....

Fixed it.

:mrgreen:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results