shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My orchid dreams came true: Seven Fingers + Octavia

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Its here! Its here!!!!

Have you ever gotten something that felt so perfect and precious that you didnt even want to share it with anyone else? That's this ring for me. Its just so wonderful that I waited a few days to share.

Tom is everything an artist should be. Kind, easy to talk to, incredibly talented, and dedicated to his craft. We spoke on the phone and immediately I knew he understood my vision. I told him I wanted orchids and that preferably the corners of the stone to stay "open". Beyond that, I wanted to leave it to his artistic genius. He said he wanted to "let the stone tell us how it wants to be set", and see it IRL before deciding on a design. I was happy with that, because there isnt a single piece of his that I dont adore.

When he finished the ring he told me he wanted me to see it in person rather than see pics. He wanted me to see it on my hand and then tell him if any changes were needed, which I thought was amazing.

When I opened the box I was blown away. I almost cried. My fiance said, "oh my god. I've never seen a diamond sparkle like that. The setting is amazing!". @Karl_K @diagem thank you for creating the Octavia. I have never loved a stone more.

I am so happy. There are no words. Tom agreed to make my fiance a wedding band too, so we will both have pieces from him :)

My nails are horrid and of course I cut my finger the day I took pics, so I'll take nicer ones once I get a manicure :) video included!

Rough sketch from Tom as reference. This is the only drawing I got, and i was happy to trust his vision :)
701195803(1).jpg

That is amazing! Bur really - ONE picture???

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m loving this gold revival that’s going on right now, and your amazing piece of art is such a good example of why! Gold has such depth and richness and it absolutely elevates the carving and textures on this piece. I hope your fiancé gets his plans together soon so you can wear and enjoy this piece every day.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That beauty bestowed upon me a rush of heart-thumping, pulse-racing glee. Thank you for sharing this masterpiece!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, now I feel bad about yelling at you for more pictures - I didn't notice the arrows on the sides of the first picture till I went back to look at it again just now. Mea culpa!!

Fabulous ring!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, WOW!!! How did I miss this? . A beautiful ring for a beautiful future. I wish you every happiness @lovedogs.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is simply amazing!! Congratulations!!! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on JOTW! Well deserved for a beautiful ring!!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on JOTW and no wonder you are torn between this special ring and your heirloom engagement ring. I would say both are beautiful and since you have two hands you can wear both :)

I love your journey in finding the one octavia and so happy to see the finished ring. Wear it in good health.

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
That's beautiful! Where to find a stone like that?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful! Where to find a stone like that?

They are quite hard to find. I waited YEARS to find one that was for sale. Yoram (gem concepts) cuts them and you can order one to be cut, but that option was out of my budget (minimum cost is 12-14k as per the last time I emailed Yoram to inquire).

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
055B71AC-60EE-4E99-8BEB-67F26771CC91.gif

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this!! As if that delicious Octavia wasn’t enough, you went and set it into this beautiful artistic masterpiece. I adore the orchids and how the stems trail down the sides. It truly is a stunning piece and so worth JOTW. Congrats!!

I mean..come on!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

57C8E283-8FB9-4009-8DB8-3D4E6EA92930.jpeg

ps. I’m off to check out this jeweler. I can’t believe what I’ve been missing. Lol.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
055B71AC-60EE-4E99-8BEB-67F26771CC91.gif

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this!! As if that delicious Octavia wasn’t enough, you went and set it into this beautiful artistic masterpiece. I adore the orchids and how the stems trail down the sides. It truly is a stunning piece and so worth JOTW. Congrats!!

I mean..come on!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

57C8E283-8FB9-4009-8DB8-3D4E6EA92930.jpeg

ps. I’m off to check out this jeweler. I can’t believe what I’ve been missing. Lol.

He is LITERALLY a genius. https://www.sevenfingers.com/

Hands down he is my favorite jeweler (tied with Van Creynest) and has been for a long time (McTeigue & McClellan are also close but sadly they are no longer in business)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So unique and wearable and pretty!! Congratulations @lovedogs !!

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Its here! Its here!!!!

Have you ever gotten something that felt so perfect and precious that you didnt even want to share it with anyone else? That's this ring for me. Its just so wonderful that I waited a few days to share.

Tom is everything an artist should be. Kind, easy to talk to, incredibly talented, and dedicated to his craft. We spoke on the phone and immediately I knew he understood my vision. I told him I wanted orchids and that preferably the corners of the stone to stay "open". Beyond that, I wanted to leave it to his artistic genius. He said he wanted to "let the stone tell us how it wants to be set", and see it IRL before deciding on a design. I was happy with that, because there isnt a single piece of his that I dont adore.

When he finished the ring he told me he wanted me to see it in person rather than see pics. He wanted me to see it on my hand and then tell him if any changes were needed, which I thought was amazing.

When I opened the box I was blown away. I almost cried. My fiance said, "oh my god. I've never seen a diamond sparkle like that. The setting is amazing!". @Karl_K @diagem thank you for creating the Octavia. I have never loved a stone more.

I am so happy. There are no words. Tom agreed to make my fiance a wedding band too, so we will both have pieces from him :)

My nails are horrid and of course I cut my finger the day I took pics, so I'll take nicer ones once I get a manicure :) video included!

Rough sketch from Tom as reference. This is the only drawing I got, and i was happy to trust his vision :)
701195803(1).jpg

Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results