shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My orchid dreams came true: Seven Fingers + Octavia

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, there are no words for how gorgeous this is. Truly wearable art!! Congratulations!!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Omg @lovedogs ! Just gorgeous!!!! So happy for you!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful. I’m glad you finally got the Octavia you’ve wanted for so long. This setting, haven’t seen anything like it before, absolutely love the orchids.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is truly stunning!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow absolutely stunning! :kiss2:
So happy for you! Wear in good health and blingy joy!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing ring! Such a perfect setting for your Octavia!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely perfect. Congratulations on this beautiful new piece, @lovedogs!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
wow, this is so special. Love the design elements. Unique and beautiful. The flowers doubling as a prong - love it

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
EAA37905-FB2A-4E89-AEF9-EBB5105FF54D.gif

What a beautiful blend of elements! Stunning!! Wearing in joy

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You can see those triangles from a mile away. The setting is beautiful. Congratulations!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
:kiss2: What a work of art! Congratulations and we need a bazillion more pics!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s glorious!!! Congrats

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been holding off on replying to this thread… Because I haven’t figured out what the heck to SAY.

But words aren’t coming any more literately than they were when I first saw this a few days ago.

That mount… Is wearable art. What more is there to say, really? :love:

I love the face up of this setting. Of course. But y’know what? I think my favourite part is actually down the sides… The negative space surrounding those long leaves climbing the shoulders…

And my second favourite part is the sketch. I *so* totally get this. That vague sketch that hints at something - but somehow you just know that it’ll be everything you requested, that one vaguely hinting sketch tells you just as surely as any CAD that you can lean back and trust that this is going to be everything you wanted - I get this. I’ve felt this way too. It’s a magically potent feeling.

Congratulations on your new heirloom lovedogs :love:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Hands down, one of my top 10 favorite rings ever in this forum. Congrats !

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Also I have to just shout out my fiance for being a phenomenal human. This was supposed to be my engagement ring, and then his mom gifted us a family heirloom ring that I decided would be my e-ring instead.

When he saw what a masterpiece this truly is, he said I could trade off which one I wore on which hand (e-ring, RHR), and this way I'd have 2 options.

**Obviously I know I dont need his "permission" to wear the ring I want. But I think its lovely that he understands that I both love the heirloom ring AND this masterpiece.

While you don't need "permission", you were kind to consider his feelings, and he was kind to consider yours. The beginning of a strong marriage!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
It’s so beautiful! I think this is one of my favorite rings designs I’ve ever seen. It’s art! The drawing too! Congratulations

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While you don't need "permission", you were kind to consider his feelings, and he was kind to consider yours. The beginning of a strong marriage!

Agreed 100000%!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE THIS!!!! Dream is the perfect descriptor!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This. Is. Beautiful.

Huge congratulations to you both! Please post more pictures of the detail :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes please more pictures. Feed the beast.
(it's us, we're the beast)

This. Is. Beautiful.

Huge congratulations to you both! Please post more pictures of the detail :kiss2:

Thank you! My partner hid it until he can plan a romantic official proposal haha. I told him that if I had to choose, I'd rather wear the family heirloom ring while I wait for the proposal (once DK resizes, engraves, etc, which hes doing now). So sadly the ring lives in a drawer right now. I've told him that I dont care about an official proposal since we consider ourselves engaged already and have a wedding date, but I also respect him wanting to find a special moment :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! That really is wearable art!! Please tell your fiancé that he is being really unfair—making us wait for a million more photos! I mean, does he not know us by now?? 8-)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness that is soooooooo beautiful!!!!

I adore the natural flower elements, the richness of the gold, and of course that Octavia.

Congratulations on your engagement and wear both your rings in happiness and good health for years to come!!!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!! That ring is truly perfect. I’m so happy for you, as I know you’ve thought about and planned for this for years. It looks absolutely great (Stunning and unique, REALLY SPECIAL Octavia, gorgeous color of the gold, simplicity and clean design detail of prongs, romantic and fresh side detail with a touch of bling, the matte finish, solid feel/looks comfortable etc.etc.)

Is there another post that gives us details on your thought process going in to the project, your inspirations, what you asked the artist/designer for, Who Is Tom, etc.

Thank you for sharing this beauty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results