carat
color
clarity

My Opal Collection

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colourfully and unapologetically opalicious. :bigsmile:

I used to try to make #Smart decisions about my jewellery. Buy staples first, prefer neutrals that would be "safe" to mix and match, think about resale potential as a top five priority. But then I had to force myself to wear those those #Smart neutral staples! I've sold most of them by now. These days I just buy whatever the heart wants. Well - my heart in its natural state is kind of a covetous little thing with a predisposition toward sour grapes so - y'know, within reason :lol: But I can honestly say that I adore (almost!) all of pieces now :love: Opals and pearls do have extra special places of honour though ::)

You do need a black opal bracelet. I mean, you've got everything else. It'll find you. I think it'll find you in 2022. I smell it coming. :bigsmile:

I want a modelling pic of you in jeans with the full group!!

Umm, I'm old and wrinkly, you do not want to see any modeling pics of that! :lol::eek-2:I saw a bracelet that somewhat matched my dangle earrings at one time but it was $$$$$$$. Sigh, maybe someday. I used to think that I needed a set of every kind of stone available. I didn't care so much on the quality or style. Those days are long gone. Now it has to move me, be unique and of a certain quality or I don't bite. I've gotten rid of most of my collection that doesn't meet those standards. I've also found that the older I get the more I am totally in love with vintage pieces and I love to rescue them. Just yesterday hubby was telling me that I need to sell all my modern diamonds and just buy OECs and OMCs. I've converted him as well. :lol:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for posting the extra photo of the ring. I’m not surprised you couldnt resist it, it is amazing!

Thank you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, I'm old and wrinkly, you do not want to see any modeling pics of that! :lol::eek-2:I saw a bracelet that somewhat matched my dangle earrings at one time but it was $$$$$$$. Sigh, maybe someday. I used to think that I needed a set of every kind of stone available. I didn't care so much on the quality or style. Those days are long gone. Now it has to move me, be unique and of a certain quality or I don't bite. I've gotten rid of most of my collection that doesn't meet those standards. I've also found that the older I get the more I am totally in love with vintage pieces and I love to rescue them. Just yesterday hubby was telling me that I need to sell all my modern diamonds and just buy OECs and OMCs. I've converted him as well. :lol:
I'll send you my husband, he needs some pro-bling conversion help. I'll pay shipping. :bigsmile:

I most certainly DO want modelling pics, lovely lady!! In fact I'll go ahead and speak for all of PS and say that "we" want modelling pics :cool2:

I totally hear you on wanting sets of all the stones. Thankfully I've also outgrown those days - what a wasteful and stressful exercise in masochism that would have been!! And I wholeheartedly echo your requirements re. unique and of a certain quality. Our purses and our husbands thank us.

I'm of two minds on vintage and antique. I love the idea of reusing something with some history, and imagining the stories it could tell... But at the same time I'm too much of a stickler for precision workmanship to fully accept the realities of older finish and condition. I do love old stones though. I have no trouble forgiving nicks and chips and scratches and facet wonk in preloved stones. It's just the mounts. Backward, I know!

You could always have your bracelet custom made in vintage style, makes the matching thing a lot easier. @Catmom's hubby, a humble suggestion for something to suggest to your wife :bigsmile:

What type of bracelet would you want? When we lived in Australia my parents bought a set of dark opals. But they didn't have the budget for multiple spectacular stones so they went for quantity over quality - typical Indian sensibilities I'm afraid. So the opals are kind of "meh". Me, I'd have dumped the entire fund into one #BlowYouAway black, typical PS sensibility :lol: In any case. So now I've got a whole bunch of oval 4x6mm dark opals to figure something out for, I'm thinking an Oscar Heyman esque wrap bracelet - take advantage of the fact that they're all the same size and they all match very well. One day when the piggy bank has spare change!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll send you my husband, he needs some pro-bling conversion help. I'll pay shipping. :bigsmile:

I most certainly DO want modelling pics, lovely lady!! In fact I'll go ahead and speak for all of PS and say that "we" want modelling pics :cool2:

I totally hear you on wanting sets of all the stones. Thankfully I've also outgrown those days - what a wasteful and stressful exercise in masochism that would have been!! And I wholeheartedly echo your requirements re. unique and of a certain quality. Our purses and our husbands thank us.

I'm of two minds on vintage and antique. I love the idea of reusing something with some history, and imagining the stories it could tell... But at the same time I'm too much of a stickler for precision workmanship to fully accept the realities of older finish and condition. I do love old stones though. I have no trouble forgiving nicks and chips and scratches and facet wonk in preloved stones. It's just the mounts. Backward, I know!

You could always have your bracelet custom made in vintage style, makes the matching thing a lot easier. @Catmom's hubby, a humble suggestion for something to suggest to your wife :bigsmile:

What type of bracelet would you want? When we lived in Australia my parents bought a set of dark opals. But they didn't have the budget for multiple spectacular stones so they went for quantity over quality - typical Indian sensibilities I'm afraid. So the opals are kind of "meh". Me, I'd have dumped the entire fund into one #BlowYouAway black, typical PS sensibility :lol: In any case. So now I've got a whole bunch of oval 4x6mm dark opals to figure something out for, I'm thinking an Oscar Heyman esque wrap bracelet - take advantage of the fact that they're all the same size and they all match very well. One day when the piggy bank has spare change!

LOL, hubby's already working on my Christmas present. A ruby and diamond pendant that is the inverse of my ruby ring. It will use the stone that is currently in my Calla setting as the center stone. That diamond is an AGS000 and an ISEE2. Then there will be ruby pears and rounds surrounding it. So That leaves my Calla setting empty and waiting, lol. I have to fill that, right?!

As far as an opal bracelet goes not sure yet. I just know that it needs to be vintage looking. It's going to have to get in line because I also want a vintage emerald and diamond bracelet and a vintage diamond bracelet. Sigh, I'm gonna have to start selling some things or win the lotto, lol. I keep telling hubby, "All I need is 100K or there abouts and then I can be done." For some reason he doesn't believe me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results