clarity

My Opal Collection

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
That ring on the right...!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous collection! They remind me of ethereal seas- so beautiful and elegant and timeless. Thank you so much for sharing and bringing joy to my day.

Thank you butterpecan11! I love your description and I'm happy they can bring you some joy.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your opal collection is just gorgeous @Catmom - I love every piece! :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has to be the best opal collection ever! :love: These are all just gorgeous!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
That octopus is totally over the top amazing! Wonder who created that work of art? I'm digging those earrings too. So lovely! Thanks for taking the time to share all those inspirational opals!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just WOW!!! I love the variety in “flavor” amongst the opals!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That octopus is totally over the top amazing! Wonder who created that work of art? I'm digging those earrings too. So lovely! Thanks for taking the time to share all those inspirational opals!

He is my pride and joy, thank you! He was made by a Turkish designer named Irian. There are 7.10 cttw of opals, approx .30cttw of diamonds and ruby cab eyes. He is truly one of a kind.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:Bravo!! What a collection. The variation of colors of blue/green are truly mesmerizing. A+++!:love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just WOW!!! I love the variety in “flavor” amongst the opals!!

Thank you so much yennyfire! It's rare that I meet an opal I don't like, lol, but I'm really picky in that they must be set in a unique way.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:Bravo!! What a collection. The variation of colors of blue/green are truly mesmerizing. A+++!:love:

Thank you so much Rubies-R-Me! Can you tell what my favorite colors are? :lol:

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Wow, they are all gorgeous! I absolutely love opals :kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was asked in a previous thread to post pictures of my opal collection. I finally have the time and some decent weather to try and do so. I usually hate doing family shots because I always manage to make each piece look awful, lol. Oh well, I tried my best. Here they are.......

IMG_1910 (002).jpg IMG_1912 (002).jpg IMG_1907 (002).jpg

I came back for another look. I can't get enough of these opals. I went on an opal binge a couple days ago (just window shopping, a friend saved me from buying!) and thought of your pieces... The octopus is just stunning beyond belief :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came back for another look. I can't get enough of these opals. I went on an opal binge a couple days ago (just window shopping, a friend saved me from buying!) and thought of your pieces... The octopus is just stunning beyond belief :love:

Aw you should have bought! Enable...enable...enable, lol. I wish I could get better photos of the octopus. He is just so much more fabulous in real life.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw you should have bought! Enable...enable...enable, lol. I wish I could get better photos of the octopus. He is just so much more fabulous in real life.
Hah. It was 2am and I was thinking that I’ve got some lovely white opals and some lovely black opals but I don’t have any crystal opals, and Black Opal Direct just happens to have a stunning specimen right now… But wayyyy more than what I could spend!! I’ve been going go back to ogle her a couple times a day though, I’ll be sad when she sells. This gorgeous gal:

Do you have any videos of the octopus? :bigsmile:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hah. It was 2am and I was thinking that I’ve got some lovely white opals and some lovely black opals but I don’t have any crystal opals, and Black Opal Direct just happens to have a stunning specimen right now… But wayyyy more than what I could spend!! I’ve been going go back to ogle her a couple times a day though, I’ll be sad when she sells. This gorgeous gal:

Do you have any videos of the octopus? :bigsmile:

I know what you mean. There are so many I'd love to have but the $$$$ kill me. GAH it's gorgeous!!! You are killing me! I don't have any videos but I did manage to take a couple [ok more than a couple, lol] of him showing his true colors. I love him so much!

IMG_1989 (002).jpg

IMG_1993 (002).jpg

IMG_1994 (002).jpg

IMG_1997 (002).jpg

IMG_1998 (002).jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. He is a *feast* for the eyes. :shock:o_O:kiss2: A multi-hued extravaganza. I’m saving all these photos. Wow.

1654450607689.jpeg
You can really see the “liquid” colours in this pic - the pinks and yellows and violets swirling around in a greeney blue opal ocean :love:

Wow. That’s all I’ve got. Just wow. :love: :love:

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. He is a *feast* for the eyes. :shock:o_O:kiss2: A multi-hued extravaganza. I’m
saving all these photos. Wow.

1654450607689.jpeg
You can really see the “liquid” colours in this pic - the pinks and yellows and violets swirling around in a greeney blue opal ocean :love:

Wow. That’s all I’ve got. Just wow. :love: :love:

Thank you! I'm so happy I was finally able to get a decent shot of his true colors. Each little tiny opal is fabulous and he has all the colors. He is a true work of art. My jeweler is amazed at him. If she had her way I would never wear him but I am super careful when I do. What's the point of having him if I don't ever wear him?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I'm so happy I was finally able to get a decent shot of his true colors. Each little tiny opal is fabulous and he has all the colors. He is a true work of art. My jeweler is amazed at him. If she had her way I would never wear him but I am super careful when I do. What's the point of having him if I don't ever wear him?
YES. Omg yes!! Please keep wearing him!! He deserves lapel time, purse time, scarf time, hat time, all the ways that you might style him - all the better to marvel at how he changes with his environment… I can only imagine :love: But okay, I see your jeweller’s point too, he really IS a work of art!!

Thank you so much for these extra photos. Group shots are fun but they’re always really hard to take, I think, focus on each piece is muted in favour of seeing the collection as a whole. We’re getting the best of both in this thread!! :bigsmile:

Do you ever wear multiple opal pieces together? What do you pair him with?

And how d’you clean this little guy?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES. Omg yes!! Please keep wearing him!! He deserves lapel time, purse time, scarf time, hat time, all the ways that you might style him - all the better to marvel at how he changes with his environment… I can only imagine :love: But okay, I see your jeweller’s point too, he really IS a work of art!!

Thank you so much for these extra photos. Group shots are fun but they’re always really hard to take, I think, focus on each piece is muted in favour of seeing the collection as a whole. We’re getting the best of both in this thread!! :bigsmile:

Do you ever wear multiple opal pieces together? What do you pair him with?

And how d’you clean this little guy?

Thanks!!! I so agree about the family shots. That's why I dislike doing them. Mr. Octopus gets worn on everything from sweaters to Tshirts, etc. I'm not a formal person so it's usually with jeans. I always wear my opals in groups. I'll go the whole shebang, earrings, pendant or pin, bracelet and ring. Sometimes if I'm fealing really blingy I'll wear a pendant and a pin. Mr. Octopus goes with my dangle black opal earrings, and black opal ring. I truly need ;)2 a black opal bracelet to make the set. I usually just rub him down lightly with a jewelers cloth. or if I need a deeper cleaning a very, very soft toothbrush and very mild soap and a quick rinse. Then air dry.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh I love this thread! Especially because next wedding anniversary is 14 years and the gemstone for that one is… opal!! AND I have none of my own yet so I really need to get some fun inspiration. The ring in the centre with the white Opal and glorious halo is so pretty. That’s the kind of thing I had in mind for next April :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I love this thread! Especially because next wedding anniversary is 14 years and the gemstone for that one is… opal!! AND I have none of my own yet so I really need to get some fun inspiration. The ring in the centre with the white Opal and glorious halo is so pretty. That’s the kind of thing I had in mind for next April :)

Oh you really need some opals! Once again enable....enable...enable, lol. That ring is my newest. Found in the estate section of one of my favorite jewelry stores and one I couldn't walk away from. I can't wait to follow your opal journey but just know that it's a dangerous path and once you start you can't stop! :lol:

IMG_1806 (002).jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know what you mean. There are so many I'd love to have but the $$$$ kill me. GAH it's gorgeous!!! You are killing me! I don't have any videos but I did manage to take a couple [ok more than a couple, lol] of him showing his true colors. I love him so much!

IMG_1989 (002).jpg

IMG_1993 (002).jpg

IMG_1994 (002).jpg

IMG_1997 (002).jpg

IMG_1998 (002).jpg

totally precious!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!!! I so agree about the family shots. That's why I dislike doing them. Mr. Octopus gets worn on everything from sweaters to Tshirts, etc. I'm not a formal person so it's usually with jeans. I always wear my opals in groups. I'll go the whole shebang, earrings, pendant or pin, bracelet and ring. Sometimes if I'm fealing really blingy I'll wear a pendant and a pin. Mr. Octopus goes with my dangle black opal earrings, and black opal ring. I truly need ;)2 a black opal bracelet to make the set. I usually just rub him down lightly with a jewelers cloth. or if I need a deeper cleaning a very, very soft toothbrush and very mild soap and a quick rinse. Then air dry.
Colourfully and unapologetically opalicious. :bigsmile:

I used to try to make #Smart decisions about my jewellery. Buy staples first, prefer neutrals that would be "safe" to mix and match, think about resale potential as a top five priority. But then I had to force myself to wear those those #Smart neutral staples! I've sold most of them by now. These days I just buy whatever the heart wants. Well - my heart in its natural state is kind of a covetous little thing with a predisposition toward sour grapes so - y'know, within reason :lol: But I can honestly say that I adore (almost!) all of pieces now :love: Opals and pearls do have extra special places of honour though ::)

You do need a black opal bracelet. I mean, you've got everything else. It'll find you. I think it'll find you in 2022. I smell it coming. :bigsmile:

I want a modelling pic of you in jeans with the full group!!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for posting the extra photo of the ring. I’m not surprised you couldnt resist it, it is amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results