shape
carat
color
clarity

My Not-So-Pleasant Experience With Whiteflash

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Nevermind, I went back and read it again, you were gonna go with DK but then went with CBI? I love the boston classic!

Yes, I was going to go with DK when I was planning on keeping WF stone. Then I found everything I was looking for (stone and setting) in CBI that far exceeded my expectation (and they still keep doing so.) Boston Classic is a perfection.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I was going to go with DK when I was planning on keeping WF stone. Then I found everything I was looking for (stone and setting) in CBI that far exceeded my expectation (and they still keep doing so.) Boston Classic is a perfection.

Can't argue with you there! I love my CBI. I can't wait to see your ring!!!!

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
Lol. Mine is 2.13ct and some think it is too big. I think there is no such thing. :lol:

I could not agree more!! Really looking forward to your pics when it arrives!

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Lol. Mine is 2.13ct and some think it is too big. I think there is no such thing. :lol:

Don’t listen to others. The size of stone is your choice and will look lovely in the Boston Classic.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for posting your experience with WF.

Companies need to know when they have dropped the ball so that they can improve their customer service. To be able to offer their clients a superb, quality buying experience for such special purchases.

Glad you found a vendor that met (and exceeded) all your expectations.

Beautiful stone :appl:

I agree. Nobody is ever perfect and it's an honest experience. There is a vendor for antique items that I haven't had great experiences with and many others have. I don't recommend them due to that ever, and it's hard to go against the crowd at times when your experience isn't great.

I am glad you ended up with something you are pleased with now.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Repeating the previous well wishers that’s happy you ultimately found a stone and ring (and a vendor) that you love.
Also repeating the ‘thank you’ for sharing your thoughts here on your experience.

My mind wonders to that if you were to have come on here to share before you sent the stone back, and the vendors mgmt were alerted, the situation was fixed to your satisfaction, would you be happy in the end?
Knowing that is what it took?
That’s really not a question directed at you, @daisygrl
It’s more for the rest of us.
I still see these testimonials not as ‘vendor bashing’ but helping others navigate options and guide with their decision making.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Repeating the previous well wishers that’s happy you ultimately found a stone and ring (and a vendor) that you love.
Also repeating the ‘thank you’ for sharing your thoughts here on your experience.

My mind wonders to that if you were to have come on here to share before you sent the stone back, and the vendors mgmt were alerted, the situation was fixed to your satisfaction, would you be happy in the end?
Knowing that is what it took?
That’s really not a question directed at you, @daisygrl
It’s more for the rest of us.
I still see these testimonials not as ‘vendor bashing’ but helping others navigate options and guide with their decision making.

Good question. I believe, I am easy to please. I know very little about diamonds so I am not picky at all. However, everything, that could go wrong with this vendor, did (three out of three - already mentioned - instances). Their attitude towards presented issues was not helpful either. Then my husband said no one should settle for $30,000 we are about to spend (or any amount, really.) So, I chose a different vendor. Transaction with them was as easy and as painless as it could get. Plus, I did not want to be stuck with WF for future upgrades. Some things cannot be recovered.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. Nobody is ever perfect and it's an honest experience. There is a vendor for antique items that I haven't had great experiences with and many others have. I don't recommend them due to that ever, and it's hard to go against the crowd at times when your experience isn't great.

I am glad you ended up with something you are pleased with now.

I agree. It is hard to go against the crowd in general. But that is how a change is implemented. Going against the crown is not attacking other people's good experience, rather expressing my own that differs from others.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could see a pic of the Boston Classic setting. I cant find it. Could someone please post a pic?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I could see a pic of the Boston Classic setting. I cant find it. Could someone please post a pic?

Here you go. (last two are CAD images as I could not find any images of profile from the final product.) These are HPD pictures so all credit goes to HPD:
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 11.08.22 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 9.00.40 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 5.51.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 5.51.36 PM.png
    211.1 KB · Views: 36

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Is that the New York classic in rose gold? Looks very similar.

it is pretty darn perfect!

chamois

Brilliant_Rock

Yes it does look very like the New York Classic (which I have). I wonder what the differences are? Perhaps only subtle (like a smaller version?).

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes it does look very like the New York Classic (which I have). I wonder what the differences are? Perhaps only subtle (like a smaller version?).

I thought they look very similar as well so I inquired about the differences before I decided on Boston. NY Classic is very similar to the Tiffany classic style (from the 80's). Boston Classic is an updated version - a bit less chunky, more delicate.

This is a description from HPD website:

"NY Classic: Faithful to Tiffany-style original dimensions, with a larger donut and thicker soft knife-edge shank."

"Boston Classic: Updated Tiffany-style with smaller donut and comfort fit shank tapering to a slim knife edge at the crown"

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

No, it is the Boston Classic. I know, it is a bit confusing, so I clarified in my previous post. (all description is from HPD website)

P

Petalouda

Hi Daisygrl. I’m surprised regarding the pushback you received posting about WF. I’m glad you posted your experience. We went a couple months ago to look at diamonds. It was a positive experience. However when we were waiting in the lobby, there was a customer that showed up saying a diamond had fallen out of her two month old band that she’s careful with. That has made me a little hesitant to go with WF ( we aren’t sure we will even buy anything this year due to Covid). I probably will go with them as the they’re local to me but I’m glad to see ALL reviews. The stellar and the less than stellar ones.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
@Petalouda -
Hi Daisygrl. I’m surprised regarding the pushback you received posting about WF. I’m glad you posted your experience. We went a couple months ago to look at diamonds. It was a positive experience. However when we were waiting in the lobby, there was a customer that showed up saying a diamond had fallen out of her two month old band that she’s careful with. That has made me a little hesitant to go with WF ( we aren’t sure we will even buy anything this year due to Covid). I probably will go with them as the they’re local to me but I’m glad to see ALL reviews. The stellar and the less than stellar ones.

I was prepared for the defensiveness that was received in this thread. People (not talking about anyone in particular) tend to take things personally, when in fact, they are not personal. They are just other people's opinions and experiences that differ from theirs. I just ignore those as I have no need to defend my position.

Regarding your choices, if WF is not the preferred one, there is also Brian Gavin who is also located in Texas. He established WF and, now, operates separately. His diamonds are gorgeous and also super-deal cuts.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you really like the Tiffany setting, I'm puzzled that you didn't just get the Vatché U113. It's unfortunate that you got a surly employee. I dont think they're all like that.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
If you really like the Tiffany setting, I'm puzzled that you didn't just get the Vatché U113. It's unfortunate that you got a surly employee. I dont think they're all like that.

I like some features of the Tiffany setting but I wanted a shank tapering to a slim knife edge at the crown and other smaller adjustments that Vatche U113 did not have. Boston Classic was precisely what I wanted. Plus, I like the special platinum that HPD uses to make their settings.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One side of any problem is usually not the entire story ...

Bingo.

I've witnesses 17 years of superb customer service from WF, so my perception of WF is not affect by this thread.

The OP's claims are only one side of the story.
Brian has yet to respond as he usually does with the other side of the story (though of course it's only been a day and these are crazy times),
Until WF posts, these claims remain unsubstantiated.

I'm not accusing the OP of it, but there is a such thing as a problem customer, who omits story details that reflect poorly on them.
Just sayin. :think:

If Brian does not post, 17 years history considered, I'm giving WF the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Bingo.

I've witnesses 17 years of superb customer service from WF, so my perception of WF is not affect by this thread.

The OP's claims are only one side of the story.
Brian has yet to respond as he usually does with the other side of the story (though of course it's only been a day and these are crazy times),
Until WF posts, these claims remain unsubstantiated.

I'm not accusing the OP of it, but there is a such thing as a problem customer, you know.
Just sayin. :think:

If Brian does not post, all things considered, I'm giving WF the benefit of the doubt on this one.

A missing a kit that is supposed to come with a loose stone (the kit that WF failed to send) and an incorrect amount refunded (until my husband caught it) has nothing to do with a problematic customer. (again, these issues have been resolved and are closed.) A different vendor was able to fulfill (and exceed) my wants and needs in a matter of minutes - also, not a description of a problematic customer.

Again, I was talking about MY one and only experience with WF and not disputing 17 years of yours. Feel free to pick and choose from the review anything you want. This is a review, not an argument.

Last edited:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is never particularly pleasant for any person or business to hear criticism, but it is very important that we listen to it and learn what we can from it, in order to get better at what we do. And it is really good that people in this community feel comfortable posting about their experiences both good and bad. This gives other visitors to the forum a balanced view of the landscape to help them make better decisions about the products and companies that are right for them.

In some cases a particular vendor may not be a perfect fit for a customer, or vice versa. It takes two to tango as the saying goes. When things don’t mesh it is sometimes not really anybody’s fault.

I have taken some time to review the record, and from what I can see, this may be largely the case here. As forum members who have been around here for a while can attest, when we see that we have screwed up we are not shy about holding ourselves accountable, and of course making it right by the client.

In this case I see a record of responsive and professional communications from our diamond consultants and our CAD production folks, as well as from our customer care and accounting folks. Likewise the client was very pleasant and provided plenty of detail about her design requirements, which we evidently did not meet. The customer’s decision to cancel the custom ring was followed without objection and without delay. The $250 CAD fee was charged in accordance with our custom terms and conditions which are clearly communicated at the outset of all custom projects. The diamond part of the order was shipped as requested and the request for return was accommodated immediately by sending the client a paid return label, again without objection, in keeping with our no questions asked free returns policy.

The diamond did have to go through our return and check-in process which was handled efficiently, and return of the funds was initiated without unneccesary delay.

It is not possible for me to know exactly what may have been conveyed or inferred during phone conversations as I am able to see only the written record. However, I know quite well all the folks who were involved in trying to serve this client and I am confident that each one was operating in good faith and with the customer’s best interest in mind.

It does look like the diamond toolkit was our mistake as the original order was for a completed ring. Since tweezers are not needed and hearts cannot be seen in a set piece, we do not usually ship the toolkit with finished rings. Since the ring was cancelled and the diamond was requested loose, the tool kit should have been sent. And it would have been sent once we were notified of the oversight, except that the notification we received was the request for a return, so the toolkit was then moot. Likewise, the $10 miscalculation was a mistake on our part and was rectified right away.

We expect a lot out of ourselves and it hurts when we don’t succeed in delivering a brilliant experience. It is good that in this case the client did find a vendor who she is happy with. We take some solace in knowing that even though she did not tango with us, she is dancing nonetheless!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We take some solace in knowing that even though she did not tango with us, she is dancing nonetheless!
Class act as always :love:

@Texas Leaguer and @daisygrl - I applaud you both for your measured and sensitive responses :cool2: Threads like this are never easy, but I agree with those who said that they're valuable.

I've been a happy WF customer for eleven years - that's a third of my life. I also have the greatest admiration for the CBI and HPD team, and @daisygrl I'm happy to hear that you ended your journey with a great vendor fit ::)

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for sharing your experience. I’ve had both great and not great experiences with Whiteflash. Overall, the wonderful experiences outweigh the negative ones. Regardless, I appreciate you sharing your experience because as you said; it was YOUR experience. And critique is helpful for the vendors out there that actually care what their customers are saying “the good, the bad, and the ugly.”

I am glad you found another vendor you jive with and want to see the new goodies!

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
@daisygrl, I have the utmost respect for you for posting your experience, as it can be hard on the forum when folks question ones experience. I am so happy you found a vendor, ring and diamond that you love! Can’t wait to see hand shots! In this tough time, bling is one of the things that makes me smile:)

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
@daisygrl, I have the utmost respect for you for posting your experience, as it can be hard on the forum when folks question ones experience. I am so happy you found a vendor, ring and diamond that you love! Can’t wait to see hand shots! In this tough time, bling is one of the things that makes me smile:)

Thank you!. It is a good thing, then, that I do not care much about what people think of my experience. People will think what they want. :cool2:

I agree. I often come to this site to look at the other people's bling (while patiently waiting for mine) to make myself feel better in these unprecedented times. :)

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@daisygrl I really respect your courage to come forward with your experience, and the classy way you did it with integrity.
I agree. Kudos to you @daisygrl for speaking your mind and doing it respectfully. I have nothing but wonderful experiences with them but it’s good to hear from those who didn’t. Glad you found another vendor you were happy with.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results