clarity

My new Vivid Green Muzo Emerald Ring

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!

Garnet Gimlet

Rough_Rock
It is absolutely stunning! Congratulations on a beautiful piece!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That's a beautiful emerald. :kiss2:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you , @Timor @Sprinkles&Stones, @T L @Garnet Gimlet snd @voce.
I am enjoying it every day!
Adding a few more photos.
Decided to weigh it for fun.
8DE7A1B3-5361-446C-B1EB-0A670F58C09C.jpeg

A bit blurry - met a friend who took this pic,
23487A51-B94E-4F10-9C00-A49CB0779022.jpeg

What to do when stopped at a red light - take a photo of the new ring.
30DBB8F1-BC92-4575-B95A-40A6C6CED5CE.jpeg

Gosh, the glow from this deliciously juicy cab is something else. Look at how it lights up your finger!! And the setting is gorgeous too.

Thank you for indulging us :kiss2:

I'm intrigued how you decided on the setting @Crimson (as marquise halos are rarely seen) - is there a story behind this? =)2

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
what a delicious color...i love a cab, and the bluish green is just beyond lush and gorgeous

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, that color is stunning! I want an emerald so badly and I have major emerald envy over here. :mrgreen: The ring is beautiful and I love the blue green hue. Just wowza!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
As hard as it is to take good pics of my green stones, I can only imagine that this emerald is way nicer irl.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, the glow from this deliciously juicy cab is something else. Look at how it lights up your finger!! And the setting is gorgeous too.

Thank you for indulging us :kiss2:

I'm intrigued how you decided on the setting @Crimson (as marquise halos are rarely seen) - is there a story behind this? =)2

Thanks,@Pomelo!
You are too kind. Credit for the design must go to the jeweller :)
This is how it was presented to me. I was taken by the alternating marquises too. Marquises are one of my fave shapes and here I could have several of them!
What I really liked, too was the fact that although this was a cab, the back was not fully enclosed. Here’s a pic of it. Despite this, I hesitated because I wasn’t familiar with emeralds at all. So, as you read in the other thread, I went around asking for the opinions of well known gem suppliers like Fine Colombian Emerald, and jewellers like Alexander Laut and Zsusanna of Landolf&Huber. The ring had to pass muster with all of them :) 2E46636B-7677-4C90-B132-18AA258FAF8A.jpeg

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, this is ethereal! What a gorgeous color!
Yes, it does have that ethereal feeling!

what a delicious color...i love a cab, and the bluish green is just beyond lush and gorgeous
I love the colour too!

Oh man, that color is stunning! I want an emerald so badly and I have major emerald envy over here. :mrgreen: The ring is beautiful and I love the blue green hue. Just wowza!
Go for it, @elle_71125 !

As hard as it is to take good pics of my green stones, I can only imagine that this emerald is way nicer irl.
Yes, you understand it so well, @icy_jade !

Anyway, managed two more pics.
This is with my rubellite cab.
E1DE717A-DD25-48B2-B3D8-C0193B21E473.jpeg

My BFF gave me this lovely book.
B05575E2-0099-48CC-8A6E-3792A8FA7188.jpeg

Last edited:

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
My favorite…
A bit blurry - met a friend who took this pic,
23487A51-B94E-4F10-9C00-A49CB0779022.jpeg

What to do when stopped at a red light - take a photo of the new ring.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it does have that ethereal feeling!

I love the colour too!

Go for it, @elle_71125 !

Yes, you understand it so well, @icy_jade !

Anyway, managed two more pics.
This is with my rubellite cab.
E1DE717A-DD25-48B2-B3D8-C0193B21E473.jpeg

My BFF gave me this lovely book.
B05575E2-0099-48CC-8A6E-3792A8FA7188.jpeg

Omg!!!!! I just yelped!!!!!!

Wowsers that rubellite cab!!!!!

Please tell me about it!!!!!! It's ...... fabulous!!!!!!

And that emerald glow is just magnificent!!!!!

I'm running out of adjectives girl!!!!!!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Omg!!!!! I just yelped!!!!!!

Wowsers that rubellite cab!!!!!

Please tell me about it!!!!!! It's ...... fabulous!!!!!!

And that emerald glow is just magnificent!!!!!

I'm running out of adjectives girl!!!!!!

@mellowyellowgirl I love your spontaneity! The rubellite is 30 ct. I took my time to decide, too, because it is so large. I was afraid that it would overwhelm everything, including me.
It had been displayed at the store for years, and was one of the pieces that they would show at jewellery exhibitions. I had seen it several times, too and thought it looked like a glowing Christmas bauble, Then one day, feeling curious, I asked to try it. I felt strangely comfortable with it, even though I’d never had a pendant that size! The colour and juiciness were quite irresistible. After I bought it, one of Jewellery executives at the store told me he would greet the rubellite every morning. It reminded him of red wine, and it was his favourite. I felt bad that he would not be able to see it in the morning anymore, but he was glad the rubellite had found its owner. 498D80F4-8298-48B0-9600-890C6D276AB9.jpeg

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing @Crimson

You have some amazing pieces!!!!! You must be fated for incredible juicy and clean cabs somehow to own those two beauties!!!!!

Love love love!!!!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl I love your spontaneity! The rubellite is 30 ct. I took my time to decide, too, because it is so large. I was afraid that it would overwhelm everything, including me.
It had been displayed at the store for years, and was one of the pieces that they would show at jewellery exhibitions. I had seen it several times, too and thought it looked like a glowing Christmas bauble, Then one day, feeling curious, I asked to try it. I felt strangely comfortable with it, even though I’d never had a pendant that size! The colour and juiciness were quite irresistible. After I bought it, one of Jewellery executives at the store told me he would greet the rubellite every morning. It reminded him of red wine, and it was his favourite. I felt bad that he would not be able to see it in the morning anymore, but he was glad the rubellite had found its owner. 498D80F4-8298-48B0-9600-890C6D276AB9.jpeg

What a wonderful story, especially the jewellery executive who would greet it every morning - that makes my heart melt a little. Now that you mention it, it's like your own portable pinot noir!

I'm sorry to be annoying and bug you for another one @Crimson but I think this rubellite deserves its own thread too o_O:kiss2:

Also, thanks for sharing the setting of the emerald - I didn't realise most cabs are set with closed backs. Would that be to enhance / deepen the colour?

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing @Crimson

You have some amazing pieces!!!!! You must be fated for incredible juicy and clean cabs somehow to own those two beauties!!!!!

Love love love!!!!
Haha, sometimes I wonder about that too.. I appreciate both cabs and faceted stories . I think they each have their own beauty. Jadeite taught me to appreciate cabochons.

What a wonderful story, especially the jewellery executive who would greet it every morning - that makes my heart melt a little. Now that you mention it, it's like your own portable pinot noir!

I'm sorry to be annoying and bug you for another one @Crimson but I think this rubellite deserves its own thread too o_O:kiss2:

Also, thanks for sharing the setting of the emerald - I didn't realise most cabs are set with closed backs. Would that be to enhance / deepen the colour?

Glad you enjoyed the rubellite story!
I might as well tell a story about this emerald, too, since @ItsMainelyYou asked for a story. When I got the emerald ring, the resident gemologist was delighted. He explained that he treated some of the jewels like children in his care. He had hoped that the emerald would go to someone who really appreciated gems.

Oh my, another thread? Let me learn from this thread first. This is the first time I’ve created a thread for an item I own.

Re: closed backs, I think it depends on the jeweler and the cabochon itself. In this case, the open back allows me to enjoy the light traveling through the stone. The back of the emerald is also slightly curved.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Mmmhmm- :love:

looking-good-sunglass.gif

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
A few more pics.
Green on green
1203B0F6-DF3B-4CE8-9A39-86DEACD4E734.jpeg

More pics fr dinner
C8D5DEDD-C8E3-4FA6-80FC-48FFC468F249.jpeg 042BB29F-FFCF-4FAF-AA98-5F8C9BB0387F.jpeg

Another green vs green comparison - jadeite and emerald.
69B9D531-8F24-4DDE-A7E7-74FAAFF3803D.jpeg

I get lost in the glow!

KLC

Shiny_Rock
That's beautiful

hardwear

Rough_Rock
WOW! Very beautiful and marquises!! LOVE :kiss2: I am starting my emerald hunt, but I don't think I could pull off that size.Enjoy wearing it!
Your collection of jewelry pieces are gorgeous.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Very beautiful and marquises!! LOVE :kiss2: I am starting my emerald hunt, but I don't think I could pull off that size.Enjoy wearing it!
Your collection of jewelry pieces are gorgeous.

Thank you, @hardwear. Enjoy the hunt! It is the best part :) I am excited for you.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@Neptune it is apt that you commented on this pulpo!
When it arrived I was as surprised/shocked as you, @dk168 and @LilAlex. I felt guilty eating this magnificent creature, but I admit it was delicious.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone compliment you on your ring?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results