shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Leon!!!! Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Milly said:
wow, ms. deb! it is amazing!! i love the diamond, the setting, the french cuts, all of it! i love all of it! congrats on your new beauty!

btw, i might have missed it, but what is the tcw for the french cuts. they look to be a very healthy size! :love:

I believe 3/4's of a carat total.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
thank you , thank you, thank you one and all :D

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
MissyDebby, your ring is stunning!! :love: Whenever we decide to reset our AVC into a more special setting it has got to be french cuts...your ring is just divine!! And your earrings ain't too shabby either :rodent:

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
missydebby said:
AHhhhhhh Thanks!!!! Leon did it again, didn't he? I sourced my center stone from Leon and I'm in awe of it. It is so completely on fire under every sort of lighting. And the french cuts down the side are just as sparkly. And you couldn't get more delicate prongs. It's amazing... like the diamonds are just floating on my finger. Here's the stats I know: it's a 1 carat center and I believe the band is either 1.5 or 2mm. There are 6 french cuts down each side. Just tell Leon you like the ring the Debbie got and describe it and he'll know. I'd tell you my full name but of course I can't do that per PS rules. But I think that's enough. My setting: workmanship and french cut diamonds cost around $4500.
We can be ring cousins!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Sorry for my late reply!
Very generous and kind of you to give me all this information.
Me and my husband will celebrate our 10th anniversary in Dec. I will let you know how
my ring by Leon turns out in Dec. I'm sure it will be worth waiting for!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Swedeabroad said:
missydebby said:
AHhhhhhh Thanks!!!! Leon did it again, didn't he? I sourced my center stone from Leon and I'm in awe of it. It is so completely on fire under every sort of lighting. And the french cuts down the side are just as sparkly. And you couldn't get more delicate prongs. It's amazing... like the diamonds are just floating on my finger. Here's the stats I know: it's a 1 carat center and I believe the band is either 1.5 or 2mm. There are 6 french cuts down each side. Just tell Leon you like the ring the Debbie got and describe it and he'll know. I'd tell you my full name but of course I can't do that per PS rules. But I think that's enough. My setting: workmanship and french cut diamonds cost around $4500.
We can be ring cousins!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Sorry for my late reply!
Very generous and kind of you to give me all this information.
Me and my husband will celebrate our 10th anniversary in Dec. I will let you know how
my ring by Leon turns out in Dec. I'm sure it will be worth waiting for!

Ooooooo, I can't wait. Happy anniversary and all my best! :))

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad that this thread got bumped again!! It is simply stunning MissDebby! Just love the milligrain and those gorgeous french cuts! Wear it in good health!!! :love:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
cushioncutnut said:
I am so glad that this thread got bumped again!! It is simply stunning MissDebby! Just love the milligrain and those gorgeous french cuts! Wear it in good health!!! :love:

*kiss kiss* Thank you!!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think that I commented, but your ring is spectacular!! What a lucky girl, beautiful cushion in a Leon setting to boot!!! So happy for you!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
wow. 0.75ctw for the french cuts? that means they are a little bigger than 6 pointers. they look so big! :love:

i am loving your ring. it is stunning.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I am probably totally off. Maybe a half carat. I have to look it up. Will try today...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I just caught this thread. Gorgeous ring MissDebby! A total work of art! Wear it in good health! :love:

nettestars

Rough_Rock
missydebby-

your ring is so pretty and i'm loving the french cuts. i wanted to ask you if it's really "blingy" if you know what i mean :). for my own engagement ring, i am looking for something that is eye-catching but it an understated sort of way. i want to wear my ring everyday to work (in healthcare profession) and i don't like to be showy but i also want something that has more design to it, not a solitaire-- just curious to know what you think.

i value your opinion! thanks!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
I also ADORE your ring Miss Debby! It's so elegant and unique and classic - beautiful!

I'm also curious as to how blingy the French cuts are - my guess is that they're not as glittery as round pave might be, but they have a little more flash than, say little carre cuts or baguettes - would that be correct?

Following your other project with interest too - thanks for taking time to share!

tanj

Shiny_Rock
Trade
wowza how beautiful...congrats!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
nettestars said:
missydebby-

your ring is so pretty and i'm loving the french cuts. i wanted to ask you if it's really "blingy" if you know what i mean :). for my own engagement ring, i am looking for something that is eye-catching but it an understated sort of way. i want to wear my ring everyday to work (in healthcare profession) and i don't like to be showy but i also want something that has more design to it, not a solitaire-- just curious to know what you think.

i value your opinion! thanks!

Hi! Sorry for not getting back sooner. I don't find this overly blingy at all. In fact, it's like a perfect combo of bling and sensible. The french cuts really show soooo many colors, it's unreal. I think what keeps it from being too much is that it's not haloed and there's no diamonds on the front and the back, just on the top coming down from the center stone. I love halos and 3 sided pave and wish I could get away with it, but here in Holland, it's be too much. I didn't want to have just a cathedral without sidestones cause that wouldve been too little. So this hits the mark.

Hey Lovestreet... I have a feeling that the french cuts show more flash and color than my experience with rounds. Perhaps it's because the facets are larger. But I love it. The look of the french cut keeps it really classic. It's like they are flashy without being garish. I had never had french cuts before and am sooo glad I went with them. They are perfect next to an antique cushion.

nettestars

Rough_Rock
thanks for the reply missydebby! your advice actually helps a ton and sounds perfect! i see you have another project happening, but i have to know, do you think the cushion/french cut is working for you as a standalone, not paired with a band? what other bands do you think would look nice besides the antique calibre?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous! What a classy and classic piece!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Love your ring! It's very pretty!

Wear it in good health.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
wow, how did I miss this thread! It's gorgeous missdebby! Congratulations! I hope that your still as thrilled with it now as you were in July. btw I also apologize for incorectly stating that your leon 3 stone mothers ring belonged to Phoniex. :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results