shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Engagement ring- glamour shots

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY GORGEOUS!!! And GREAT craftmanship as well!

Wear in good health always! Love the rich sapphire hue....

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 11:45:40 PM
Author: Missrocks
Date: 1/8/2008 8:55:38 PM

Author: surfgirl

Missrocks, your ring is lovely! Do you mind me asking if your sapphire is heat treated and also if the cert tells you where it comes from (Sri Lanka, Cambodia, etc.)? Inquiring minds would love to know...thanks!

ETA: I vote for the smaller of the bands so as not to compete with your ering. Sometimes less is more, if you know what I mean.
28.gif
Surfgirl,

To answer your question my sapphire is heat treated, which isn't an issue to me. My cert doesn't specify a country of origin.... But I have a friend who works for Gubelin Labs in Switzerland- he should be able to get a good idea of where it came from based on some small, very unique, inclusions my stone posses's under magnification.

Thanks for the opinion on the band. But I have decided since it is on the opposite hand, I will go with the middle one- I just felt like the smaller one didn't make enough of a statement. Yes,...I'm kind of greedy like that
31.gif
Thanks for answering my questions! I always wonder how much of a difference heat treating makes on a stone like yours. I dont think it makes much difference so long as you love your stone and that color is STUNNING for sure! I'm just wondering if anyone ever gets photos of before and after because I'd be so interested to know what your stone looked like before..I say that because then I could know what to look for in the future, and what it might look like with a little "sauna"
31.gif
! Amazing color. Just amazing.

ETA: If you ever learn where it comes from please let us know!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! WOW! WOW! I adore your ring! That blue is amazing...especially outside! Congrats!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2008 1:27:52 PM

Date: 1/8/2008 11:45:40 PM

Date: 1/8/2008 8:55:38 PM

Missrocks, your ring is lovely! Do you mind me asking if your sapphire is heat treated and also if the cert tells you where it comes from (Sri Lanka, Cambodia, etc.)? Inquiring minds would love to know...thanks!

ETA: I vote for the smaller of the bands so as not to compete with your ering. Sometimes less is more, if you know what I mean.
28.gif
Surfgirl,

To answer your question my sapphire is heat treated, which isn't an issue to me. My cert doesn't specify a country of origin.... But I have a friend who works for Gubelin Labs in Switzerland- he should be able to get a good idea of where it came from based on some small, very unique, inclusions my stone posses's under magnification.

Thanks for the opinion on the band. But I have decided since it is on the opposite hand, I will go with the middle one- I just felt like the smaller one didn't make enough of a statement. Yes,...I'm kind of greedy like that
31.gif
Thanks for answering my questions! I always wonder how much of a difference heat treating makes on a stone like yours. I dont think it makes much difference so long as you love your stone and that color is STUNNING for sure! I'm just wondering if anyone ever gets photos of before and after because I'd be so interested to know what your stone looked like before..I say that because then I could know what to look for in the future, and what it might look like with a little 'sauna'
31.gif
! Amazing color. Just amazing.

ETA: If you ever learn where it comes from please let us know!
Surfgirl,

When I find out the origin, I will surely let everyone know. As far as I know, most sapphires are heat treated while they are still in rough crystal form, (usually treated in large batches), and then cut to maximize color. But that would be a really interesting photo comparison, to see an individual stone before and after....
I have seen pictures in a gem altas of before/after batches of heat treated rough crystals. Sometimes the change in color is very slight, and sometimes it is significant. I guess there is really no way to tell how much of a "makeover" my sapphire got
37.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

wowzer.gif

HOLY GOD!!!! That ring is soooooo perfect!!! I will have to tell you that this has to be my favorite ring on PS.
I dont think it can get any better... I think that your ring will be the model for my future upgrade or RHR.
daydreaming.gif

Yeah, did I mention it is P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N

congrats.gif
On your engagement!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Thanks so much Poshpepper! I''m honored by your compliments
19.gif

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! The only word I can think to describe that ring is Stunning. Congrats and may you wear the ring in good health!

meeya

Rough_Rock
30.gif
i love your ring!!!! i think you have my dream ring! haha .. i want a sapphire e-ring, too!
congrats on your engagement!!!!!
9.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
New pic I took today: I will probably get kicked off of here for posting too many pics! LOL

roseoutdoor.jpg

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock

orchidoutdoor.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 3:36:35 PM
New pic I took today: I will probably get kicked off of here for posting too many pics! LOL
Haa haa, nope that wont happen here!!!!

I keep sneaking back in here for my "fix"... nice to see some more pics, I will never grow tired of looking at your ring, please feel free to post more
9.gif

ETA -- I notice in the last pic you posted that you have sizing beads in your band... I have always wondered if those are comfortable... Just out of curiosity why did you go with those?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Miss Rocks! -- Beautiful ring!
30.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Poshpepper,

Thats good to know, ..cause I was thinking about posting even more pics
3.gif

I decided to get shank beads because:
a) my knuckle is slightly larger than my "finger meat"
b) both of my rings are platinum and "top heavy"
c) I actually find them comfortable and enjoy how they keep my rings upright. My rings rarely flop!

I would recommend them to anyone with similar problems- they are the BEST THING that was ever suggested to me.

Picture 207 [] [].jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!!
18.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm....I got a pretty good shot of my right hand vintage style ring...soon to be replaced by my wide flat-style pave'' wedding band. Which I am kind of sad about. I just don''t think it would look right on any other finger.

Picture 206 [].jpg

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
In early evening lighting...

Picture 220 [].jpg

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
OK...JUST ONE MORE

Picture 210 [].jpg

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I realized I didn''t have a full profile....

Picture 222 [].jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How on earth did I miss this??? Missrocks your engagement ring completely took my breath away! What a beauty you have there. The color of your sapphire is amazing and the setting shows it off perfectly. I am so glad that you aren''t going to try and wear a band with it. Nothing should detract from that ring and there is no reason you can''t have a wedding ring on your right hand if you want one. I have a three stone ring that I wear alone as my wedding ring (anniversary upgrade) because it has micropave on three sides of the shank. I have a Tiffany Swing three row ring that I wear on my right hand and I sort of think of that as a wedding band. And by the way the right hand ring you posted is quite lovely too and I have already complimented your gorgeous Rolex in another thread. Nice going!!!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the compliments, Sundial !

Yes, I caught the Rolex compliment... Mid-size does RULE! On another note, my Ultimate dream watch would be the midsize white gold pearlmaster with double pave'' diamond bezel and diamond dial...DROOL.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 9:49:49 PM
Thank you for all the compliments, Sundial !

Yes, I caught the Rolex compliment... Mid-size does RULE! On another note, my Ultimate dream watch would be the midsize white gold pearlmaster with double pave'' diamond bezel and diamond dial...DROOL.
Oh yeah I hear you on the Pearlmaster! A couple of other pricescopers have that watch and it to die for!!! Personally though my dream watch would be the platinum one with the president bracelet and that fabulous glacier blue dial. Yummy, but I can''t bring myself to spend that much for a watch.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Again, just wanted to stop by and compliment this beauty. It''s absolutely stunning!

I didn''t see, but where did you source the stone and where did the setting come from?

Sorry if you''ve repeated it 50,000 times already.
2.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
One more of my shots from the other day....
1.gif

flowershotsapp1.jpg

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock

flowershotsapp2.jpg

blondie

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!!!!! Totally breathtaking - That blue would not match my shade of green right now!
27.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I posted before about how much I love LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring but seriously...can I give you my address for an anonymous series of photos to appear in my mailbox so I can ever so sweetly give my SO lots of big fat hints at what an IDEAL DREAM RING actually looks like??

Ahhhh....I am so in love with this ring. I don''t think I will ever tire of looking at these pictures!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Splarg! You're the second person that has seen my ring in person and commented that they saw it on this thread..I feel sort of like its famous..
1.gif

I feel like it looks way better in person too! I keep adding more photographs, because I feel they just don't do it enough justice.

Good luck with your ring decision.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2008 3:30:52 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
Okay I posted before about how much I love LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring but seriously...can I give you my address for an anonymous series of photos to appear in my mailbox so I can ever so sweetly give my SO lots of big fat hints at what an IDEAL DREAM RING actually looks like??

Ahhhh....I am so in love with this ring. I don''t think I will ever tire of looking at these pictures!

I wouldn''t mind at all if picture of it just happened to "appear" on your SO''s computer screensaver...anything that would help you get your''s.
26.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
slluurpppppp
18.gif
18.gif

Love your ring - and it looks FAB on your finger!

Congratulations - your fiance did good!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!
1.gif
so much to everyone for all the compliments. It has really made my FI proud of his choice.

On another note, I still don''t feel like I''ve been able to get the one PERFECT picture. ...I know I''m being a bit obsessive, but that''s me.. Since many of you have been encouraging to keep the photos coming, I took some more tonight.

Any VOTES? on the pics I''ve posted so far? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

ajfindoor1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results